June 2012 - Old school Southern conflict between [ARC] & [Ger]

Thread starter #1
Hey all, I thought I would share an old write up of one of the many regional conflicts between our guild Arcturian [ARC] (who was led by myself, Kaster, and Arumon at the time) and Germania [Ger]. This was old-school MO and way before the onset of massive server wars which basically occurred every time a few guilds got in a spat haha. It was good times back then!

The Morin Khur Konflikt (June, 2012)

Arcturian [ARC] [Defenders & Aggressors]
-[Lust] assisted in certain operations

Against

Germania [Ger] [Defenders & Aggressors]
-[ES] assisted in certain operations

'Strained Relations'
The Morin Khur conflict began on the basis of in-town griefing and hostility between [Ger]/[ARC] within the Bakti and surrounding areas.The relations between [XR]/[Ger] and our forces began to deteriorate, and as hostility grew, a war declaration was issued by [Ger]. Germania decided to claim Morin Khur as their own territory. As their towers were built just outside the city’s gates, the leaders of [ARC] decided to siege all four Tier 3 towers closest to the capital. The reason for this assault was to defend the city of Morin Khur from being claimed by [Ger] and turned 'Red.' Little opposition was faced during the operation except a 3v3 skirmish.

'The fate of Arcturian'
Once Germania noticed the towers had been destroyed, they replaced the towers closer to the town the following day. In retaliation, our forces along with [Lust] destroyed 6 more of their towers. In retaliation, Germania decided to siege [Lust] and [ARC] houses on the lakes of the Steppe. Arcturian’s forces were initially defeated in an attempt to save the structures from destruction. However, in last ditch effort, [Lust] and [ARC] fought again and were assisted by [Fury] which proved vital to the survival of our guild stone. Germania was ultimately pushed back and the siege ended. A counter siege on the gates of Germania’s spider queen keep outside of Morin Khur was initiated, but was unsuccessful after [Ger] was reinforced by their ally [ES].

'A time for peace'
After the sieges, a few days of tense fighting resumed between Arcturian forces and [GER]/[ES] around the Bakti and surrounding southern areas. The constant bloodshed placed Bakti in a stranglehold. Forsaken, the current owners of Bakti, did not interfere with the current situation between our forces and [GER]. After the tense fighting had ceased, Germania approached Arcturian about possible peace talks and ending the war. A meeting was held a few days later, and a peace agreement was achieved under the following conditions:
-Morin Khur will remain blue
-Griefing by [GER]/[X] will cease in Bakti

Here is an old photo of our [ARC] forces at the height of the war (before dye was available haha)
1541532491848.png

Last edited:
Thread starter #3
@Great genral Mingxia
Not sure I'll pick up MO again (It has been since the summer of 2013), but I'm looking through some threads and may re-produce the original content I published about the Khurite religion about Naesu and Somaku because it looks like it was lost somehow, although I noticed you recovered some of it which is great! I also am open to sharing more old conflicts that have been lost over time.

Last edited:

Dalacor

Hey all, I thought I would share an old write up of one of the many regional conflicts between our guild Arcturian [ARC] (who was led by myself, Kaster, and Arumon at the time) and Germania [Ger]. This was old-school MO and way before the onset of massive server wars which basically occurred every time a few guilds got in a spat haha. It was good times back then!

Against

'Strained Relations'
The Morin Khur conflict began on the basis of in-town griefing and hostility between [Ger]/[ARC] within the Bakti and surrounding areas.The relations between [XR]/[Ger] and our forces began to deteriorate, and as hostility grew, a war declaration was issued by [Ger]. Germania decided to claim Morin Khur as their own territory. As their towers were built just outside the city’s gates, the leaders of [ARC] decided to siege all four Tier 3 towers closest to the capital. The reason for this assault was to defend the city of Morin Khur from being claimed by [Ger] and turned 'Red.' Little opposition was faced during the operation except a 3v3 skirmish.

'The fate of Arcturian'
Once Germania noticed the towers had been destroyed, they replaced the towers closer to the town the following day. In retaliation, our forces along with [Lust] destroyed 6 more of their towers. In retaliation, Germania decided to siege [Lust] and [ARC] houses on the lakes of the Steppe. Arcturian’s forces were initially defeated in an attempt to save the structures from destruction. However, in last ditch effort, [Lust] and [ARC] fought again and were assisted by [Fury] which proved vital to the survival of our guild stone. Germania was ultimately pushed back and the siege ended. A counter siege on the gates of Germania’s spider queen keep outside of Morin Khur was initiated, but was unsuccessful after [Ger] was reinforced by their ally [ES].

'A time for peace'
After the sieges, a few days of tense fighting resumed between Arcturian forces and [GER]/[ES] around the Bakti and surrounding southern areas. The constant bloodshed placed Bakti in a stranglehold. Forsaken, the current owners of Bakti, did not interfere with the current situation between our forces and [GER]. After the tense fighting had ceased, Germania approached Arcturian about possible peace talks and ending the war. A meeting was held a few days later, and a peace agreement was achieved under the following conditions:

Here is an old photo of our [ARC] forces at the height of the war (before dye was available haha)
View attachment 12327
Plopps misses you mate, they were such great times in MO 2009-2012. I still remember the siege of GER keep being the best action I ever saw in the game, 3 massive 50 v 50 battles, could have gone either way. Epic.

Greatings Yakazi! Nice to hear from you.

They had lost the forums and had to use a backup from 2015. So many things where lost.

Thread starter #6
Plopps misses you mate, they were such great times in MO 2009-2012. I still remember the siege of GER keep being the best action I ever saw in the game, 3 massive 50 v 50 battles, could have gone either way. Epic.
Ah man that brings back so many memories! Despite that war not going in all of our favor, that was an epic day and then it ended with the [Ger] keep going down that night haha. Those were the golden years and honestly still the best time I’ve ever had in an MMO regardless of the glitches and oddities of MO. I’ll have to jump on and say hi to y’all! Plopps and I had some epic duels haha.

Dalacor

Ah man that brings back so many memories! Despite that war not going in all of our favor, that was an epic day and then it ended with the [Ger] keep going down that night haha. Those were the golden years and honestly still the best time I’ve ever had in an MMO regardless of the glitches and oddities of MO. I’ll have to jump on and say hi to y’all! Plopps and I had some epic duels haha.
Ive been mostly absent since 2014 too, but as with you those 4 years I played a lot were the best by far in any game ever. Its not even close.

I remember the GER siege, but more than the huge battles, the hauling of boulders for hours, 5 at a time, in the Pre-Molva stage. Seemed one of our side had overestimated the amount of boulders they had prepared by a few thousand. :confused:

That is so sad, especially for old politics and RP/Lore
True, but the world moves forward. Perhaps a time will come when sense can be made of this time that has been lost from Nave's memory.

MolagAmur

Against

'Strained Relations'

'The fate of Arcturian'

'A time for peace'

View attachment 12327
Oh my god, look at that scale and molarium. And greatblades on mounteds. And regular tamed horses.

I'm so glad I was a part of this time period.

Dalacor

Oh my god, look at that scale and molarium. And greatblades on mounteds. And regular tamed horses.

I'm so glad I was a part of this time period.
The simple times were the best, people used to take 4 sets of scale armor and a few tamed horse to a nearby town then if they died they rez and regear to fight on, that's why those battles lasted a day and not 20 mins. Amazing times and I am so glad I was there for it.

MolagAmur

The simple times were the best, people used to take 4 sets of scale armor and a few tamed horse to a nearby town then if they died they rez and regear to fight on, that's why those battles lasted a day and not 20 mins. Amazing times and I am so glad I was there for it.
Agreed. SV really screwed the game the past few years. So much bullshit added that was just unnecessary and made the game much less fun and impossible to balance.

It's still MO. But it's a very different MO than the times we are speaking of. Those were the glory days. The saddest thing is that I will probably never have as much fun in any game for the rest of my life. I mean, it's just goes to show how much we all enjoyed it seeing as we still cling to the game 6 years later in hopes of things getting back on track.

Speznat

German Party HARD.

Good old german mortal wars.

German Reference:

Thread starter #15
@MolagAmur
I think the community added to the memories as well because the politics back then increased the significance of the battles at times. It's been about 5 years since I last played the game actively and I still think of those memories because no other MMO has provided that same effect. That is why the world needs more sandbox MMOs haha, even though MO should have been the golden child. Maybe I'll find some time between these next 6 months to jump back in and run around haha

Dalacor

Funny GER story, KotO were roaming near the GER keep and came across GER people around a house so we dismounted and fought, as we did the GER guys tried to run into the house, was about 6 Koto and 4-5 GER from memory and we killed a couple before they could get the door closed and guess what, there was a house key. We entered and killed 2 who had not logged out and then we opened Pandora's box, the chest had half a stack of Cronite :O Koto never rocked high end as most know so we got rather excited in comms and then GER logged more and came inside...guess what the silly Koto guy did, he had looted the whole chest and couldn't move, he starts deleting the mats and accidently deletes the cron. I still cry over that but so much fun was had the day and all days around that time.

We do love MO, we love what it was and cant let go. Even if the game today does not represent what we want. :(

Funny GER story, KotO were roaming near the GER keep and came across GER people around a house so we dismounted and fought, as we did the GER guys tried to run into the house, was about 6 Koto and 4-5 GER from memory and we killed a couple before they could get the door closed and guess what, there was a house key. We entered and killed 2 who had not logged out and then we opened Pandora's box, the chest had half a stack of Cronite :O Koto never rocked high end as most know so we got rather excited in comms and then GER logged more and came inside...guess what the silly Koto guy did, he had looted the whole chest and couldn't move, he starts deleting the mats and accidently deletes the cron. I still cry over that but so much fun was had the day and all days around that time.

We do love MO, we love what it was and cant let go. Even if the game today does not represent what we want. :(
Sweat breath of Migii :D

Dalacor

That makes me cry on the inside @Dalacor hahaha. I was more of a tungsteel guy myself though.
Yeah was a bit of Tung around KotO too. Personally I prefer cron due to faster swing speed, im not a bad fighter with a cron pole or sword, give me tung and im bad. Each to their own I suppose. I also misplaced 3k cron on one of my toons which I think I deleted. EEK

Finnley

Ohh shit i remember this was good times