Locations: What's in your head?

Thread starter #1

Tuhtram

Silver Supporter
I've wanted to make a thread like this for a very long time, but have never been able to really figure out a way to properly do it. Do I separate it into parts? Should I not even bother? It's finally eaten away at me enough that I've decided to give it a whirl.

Nave is a vast world full of quaint towns, dark dungeons, diverse environments, and sweeping vistas. There are parts of it that we see, and parts of it that we don't. We all approach Nave with the understanding that it's larger than what meets the eye, and because of that we all end up at different conclusions. Mats once said that while he currently doesn't know how large Myrland would be, at one point in time in his head it was about the size of Ontario, Canada. No matter if its the size of a small country or takes up as much space as Ontario Canada, we're met with an unavoidable conclusion: Nave is larger than what we see in-game. So there's room for imagining what it "really" looks like.

This is a thread for both the explored and unexplored. Either when walking through currently existing locations or purely exploring possibilities in your mind -- What does your mind's eye see when you think of locations in-world?

-------​

I'll give a few of my own ideas as an example:

I imagine the northern mountainous regions of Nordveld are volcanic.

tumblr_me1ml20tNu1rx06nvo3_1280.jpg tumblr_mhkzi6pBxd1r8cvy1o1_1280.jpg
I imagine that the furthest north reaches of Nordveld (or maybe even on the island further north) are covered in glaciers.​
Glacier_in_eastern_Greenland.jpg tumblr_mnj8tqQOcA1rm1pjpo1_1280.jpg
I've thought a lot of times how cool it would be if the majority of Nordveld's roads were causeways (raised roads).​
causeway.jpg tumblr_mjs3b8iiez1s3atito1_1280.jpg
I can see Nordveld being covered with tons of standing bodies of water, rivers, and waterfalls.​
tumblr_mj7kahDrFi1qjvnc4o1_1280.jpg tumblr_mj7kwk32Sh1qjvnc4o1_1280.jpg tumblr_mjl470tQMb1qhbbvco3_1280.jpg tumblr_mnf5f5eqNC1rbwsb5o1_1280.jpg

Thread starter #2

Tuhtram

Silver Supporter
Every time I go to Toxai and MK, I think about that valley, and what it really could be.

There's so much empty space there that if they ever make Myrland larger, I really hope they consider carving out a significant chunk of those highlands/mountains to create a large forest valley and maybe even a little farming village. Here's a few more specific "If they do it over again" ideas I've had, though:

The presence of bamboo in Toxai means that they've opened the possibility for bamboo forests.

Path-inside-the-bamboo-forest-in-Sagano.jpg 2011630203057569.jpg forest photography bamboo 1920x1080 wallpaper_www.wallpaperfo.com_81.jpg
And of course, there could be rice paddies:​
Rice paddy, Mie prefecture, Japan.jpg test_image01-33.jpg
I've also always felt that Toxai might have a different sort of architecture than MK, more water-based, and when it's terrestrial it's more built of stone and "cluttered", like the first image in this list:​
tumblr_nm5qiuYaR01thfeewo1_500.jpg 4d0c638882f7bf766dbbb2b0a5a8a728.jpg Day 17 feng stilts.jpg fenghuang-10.jpg

Xhodan Xeus

This is how I picture Meduli!
These Pictures are taken from Croatia from a City called MEDULIN and it looks close to Meduli!!!
Since iv always wanted to go to Croatia one day i will visit Medulin and claim the city as mine LOL
medulin_03.jpg croatia_istra_medulin_0001.jpg Meduli.jpg Camp+Medulin+10.jpg

BobgevLa

BobgevLa

Every time I go to Toxai and MK, I think about that valley, and what it really could be.

There's so much empty space there that if they ever make Myrland larger, I really hope they consider carving out a significant chunk of those highlands/mountains to create a large forest valley and maybe even a little farming village. Here's a few more specific "If they do it over again" ideas I've had, though:

The presence of bamboo in Toxai means that they've opened the possibility for bamboo forests.

And of course, there could be rice paddies:
I've also always felt that Toxai might have a different sort of architecture than MK, more water-based, and when it's terrestrial it's more built of stone and "cluttered", like the first image in this list:

I think Toxai reminds me of Ba Sing Se (from Avatar : Last Airbender)

Probably because of the houses on the wall :

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member

Xhodan Xeus

But but wheres the Meduli desert ?
it used to be a desert, this is in todays future but back than it was a desert. now you have all these pipelines that transport water making it possible for it to be that green. also dont forget Meduli is not a true desert its more of an Mediterranean place

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
it used to be a desert, this is in todays future but back than it was a desert. now you have all these pipelines that transport water making it possible for it to be that green. also dont forget Meduli is not a true desert its more of an Mediterranean place
Can't sit down without contacting a cactus.

I say it's a desert.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
There are Cactus in Mediterranean Places too.
There are cactus in California, too, but we call that part "the desert".

PS: We have regions with a Mediterranean climate, too-- that's how we grow the Good Wine-- but those places have minimal cactus and lots of grass and oaks.

Xhodan Xeus

There are cactus in California, too, but we call that part "the desert".
well Meduli is Mediterranean who also has a Desert but the whole area itself is Mediterranean, i guess a desert can be everywhere well almost anywhere that has a hot region

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
well Meduli is Mediterranean who also has a Desert but the whole area itself is Mediterranean, i guess a desert can be everywhere well almost anywhere that has a hot region
As was once pointed out before, a desert is all about low precipitation and doesn't have to be hot.

Xhodan Xeus

As was once pointed out before, a desert is all about low precipitation and doesn't have to be hot.
yea well whatever Meduli is Mediterranean ingame and in RL with desert or with no desert i dont care the region is still Mediterranean