Lonewolf's Ultimate Hybrid Creation/Pvp Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhaoticKaos

i use spears on a pure veela pure warrior (no magic skills, spear+taming+survival+ some psyche points so better magic rez)
spears under 1.79 weight are usefull
edit: btw i think you saw how cool is my build few weeks ago behind vadda when ice had a fight with prae, you killed us at the calx bridge after we fought for almost 1hour all arround mohki ,then our mage went down on reagents and you killed us)
I'm not in prae and I'm not sure who you are ingame

So if I'm understanding correctly a 2h Greatblade uses less stamina than a one hander??

The videos linked by the OP of the guide showed two hybrids with one handed weapons.

I'm quite a bit confused, if anyone could offer clarification.

Thread starter #84
So if I'm understanding correctly a 2h Greatblade uses less stamina than a one hander??

The videos linked by the OP of the guide showed two hybrids with one handed weapons.

I'm quite a bit confused, if anyone could offer clarification.
None of the videos i linked are of people using 1 handers >_<

They're using two handers

featherz

Struggling to find a decent dagger hitting no damage on armour I know they exist I have been hit with them.

Defiler

Trial Member
Spears are a hard one to master , due to their lack of Side attacks , and a very narrow hit area....
i tryed them time after time , and they are kinda MEH for me.... 2h sword is the best i used so far....

sunshiner

Awesome guide :)!

but got one question, what height should the veela speed biuld be? (181cm got me confused can only hit 180 and 182)
and are the few hitpoints worth it when those points could for example go into getting 5-7 more intellect? might be im just missing something about the bonus height gives does it give move speed?, been irratating me for quite a while now, really cant figure if the points are well spent:(

Thread starter #89
Pretty sure Sakar's video he's using a shield/1hspear, or am I hath becometh thy mistaken?

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...FLM2XuN0U5j1f3Zr0twLrNyQ&v=dFhx1Qjgk4s#t=100s
Yeah sakar is using a spear, which he found to be HIGHLY under powered and switched ASAP. But you said they were using a 1 hander, which is incorrect clearly.

Awesome guide :)!

but got one question, what height should the veela speed biuld be? (181cm got me confused can only hit 180 and 182)
and are the few hitpoints worth it when those points could for example go into getting 5-7 more intellect? might be im just missing something about the bonus height gives does it give move speed?, been irratating me for quite a while now, really cant figure if the points are well spent:(
If you are not a max height veela you cannot use two handed swords.

Yes i meant 182, i bult my char wrong so i can only go up to 181.

Defiler

Trial Member
Sux their totaly Ruined Magic reflection tho... was a badass magic, Poping it 5 minutes before the fight , and some mage was always steping on that mine hahahah.

Yeah sakar is using a spear, which he found to be HIGHLY under powered and switched ASAP. But you said they were using a 1 hander, which is incorrect clearly.

If you are not a max height veela you cannot use two handed swords.

Yes i meant 182, i bult my char wrong so i can only go up to 181.
It's a bug lonewolf 182 (91 height) is impossible to get, unless someone has found out food that makes you taller. 181 (90) height is max.

Also I'm not sure if my math is wrong but your veela builds seem to be 1 point off.

KhaoticKaos

Pretty sure Sakar's video he's using a shield/1hspear, or am I hath becometh thy mistaken?

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...FLM2XuN0U5j1f3Zr0twLrNyQ&v=dFhx1Qjgk4s#t=100s
The thing is, spears USED to be viable, back when the maximum equipment weight was 8

because pure warriors could equip so little, it made it so that swords and spears did about the same amount of damage.

But now that armor has gotten better, and spears stayed the same, spears do much less damage than swords.

That video is just pushing it, he's hitting 17's and 19's

Whereas if you look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvLDGZ7k40s (one of my favorite videos of all time)

You can see his damage is MUCH better.

The thing is, spears have always been worse than swords, but the mitigation on armor used to be so bad it didn't make much of a difference, but now the damage gap between swords and spears has been widened, they aren't very good unless you're prepared to waste mats on a spear thats going to have terrible durability compared to if you had used to mats to make a sword.

I have a minimum size veela-veela with 80 strenght currently. I was wondering how low strenght I can have and still be able to use steel 2h swords without Any penalties. And what about tungsteel.

None of the videos i linked are of people using 1 handers >_<

They're using two handers
I'm sorry mate, I'm still learning the game. It appeared to be a one handed spear of some sort. That's why I'm asking.

Forgive me.

However, I am still a bit confused as it doesn't seem this has been fully answered: what weapon should I be using for this Veela hybrid build?

I know the game mechanics, but very little about weapons still. Most of my time has been spent hunting PvE and butchering to build funds. I only have sword skill atm.

Should I be using a 2H sword, a spear, or something else?

Thank you very much for the information and my apologies for being so noobish,

KhaoticKaos

I'm sorry mate, I'm still learning the game. It appeared to be a one handed spear of some sort. That's why I'm asking.

Forgive me.

However, I am still a bit confused as it doesn't seem this has been fully answered: what weapon should I be using for this Veela hybrid build?

I know the game mechanics, but very little about weapons still. Most of my time has been spent hunting PvE and butchering to build funds. I only have sword skill atm.

Should I be using a 2H sword, a spear, or something else?

Thank you very much for the information and my apologies for being so noobish,
If you're still learning game mechanics then I really don't think you should be playing a veela hybrid, one of the more difficult classes there is.....

But regardless, I would say your options are limited to greatblade, polesword, or dagger.

out of the 3, i would recommend greatblade.

Defiler

Trial Member
What size on the Khurite?
i am Usin the Minimum size. 163 or so... lemme link u my stats in Chronicles.
http://www.mortalonline.com/db?cn=Defiler there u are. keep in mind , i fught very little on THIS specific toon , as he is my Hybrid + Thief so i am just getting guarded 10 times a day :).

Edit - for some VERY weird reason , chasing down people on this toon was VERY easy. keeping up with veela Hybrids was also easy..... i was Runing after Shizo from RUS and the guy couldnt get away , seemed to me like my stamina is better on this toon.....

Diphling

The Desperado
i am Usin the Minimum size. 163 or so... lemme link u my stats in Chronicles.
http://www.mortalonline.com/db?cn=Defiler there u are. keep in mind , i fught very little on THIS specific toon , as he is my Hybrid + Thief so i am just getting guarded 10 times a day :).

Edit - for some VERY weird reason , chasing down people on this toon was VERY easy. keeping up with veela Hybrids was also easy..... i was Runing after Shizo from RUS and the guy couldnt get away , seemed to me like my stamina is better on this toon.....
You have a shitload of dex, which helps the speed, and then a shitload of con, which helps the speed, and both of those being a shitload together makes a shitstorm of stamina.

Defiler

Trial Member
hehehe , I know ur an Old player and everything , but a word of advice , give this build a try if u feel to squishy on Veela and too slow on a Thur-khur. i enjoy this build ALOT.

Diphling

The Desperado
hehehe , I know ur an Old player and everything , but a word of advice , give this build a try if u feel to squishy on Veela and too slow on a Thur-khur. i enjoy this build ALOT.
I recommended this build to one of my guildmates. He loves the idea behind it. He's used to running around with 90 dex, and I don't know how he does it. I cannot stand being slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.