Looking forward to MO2?

Are you looking forward to MO2?

• Im hyped and looking forward to playing it.

• Im not hyped but I will play it.

• Im not hyped and I wont play it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread starter #1
Who plans to be playing MO2 and what are your hopes for The game?

Golt

Trial Member
I dont know if i will have the time for Mortal when MO2 releases in some form, but i sure will try to find the time to play it.
My hopes are really just better TC mechanics, less bullshitty mechanics (guards, pets),
and the most important: A good, healthy playerbase!!, as the best and most essential thing about Mortal is player interaction in every form.

they're still working on newbie Island bro, and that has taken over a year...at this rate we don't even know if it will come out in our lifetime...

Anyway I'll answer on behalf of my grandchildren who aren't born yet..
"Yes! we are looking forward to play MO2"

Given I’ve heard that SV has taken onboard new staff it may be possible that work on MO2 has commenced but they’re strictly not revealing anything for the time being, though this is just my guess.

This may explain why Henrik and Seb haven’t said a word about MO2, and no new staff has introduced themselves here on the forums to avoid being randomly pressured for answers.

I hope the sequel is MO reborn with its signature razor-sharp hardcore edge but with more interactivity and the ability to place individual items on the ground. I also hope to see a much more dynamic world that does justice to the term “living, breathing world” instead of just for marketing purposes.

I am hyped about MO2 and will be itching to play it when it comes out, but if it’s bug-ridden and unfinished then I’ll stay away from it until it’s in a state that I feel is playable for me.

Last edited:

Lacdanon

If wealth in any form transfers to MO2 launch will be a very sad day.

I have hope for the game....cautious hope

Marcus Aurelius

Silver Supporter
I'm hoping the vision is properly realised and implimented. I hope we get the original world builders back, such as Mats, so there is a bit more context and passion for the game itself, other than "just being a good game".

Jatix

I miss mo and would love to play a mo with a pop. I just have doubt seeing that I heard newb island might be out by new years and its 7 months late no update. Idk how they can put out a new game. I'd like to think MO2 is getting most of the rescources but idk.

Wollkneul

I hope they listen to me and develop it on Stadia

I'm looking forward to MO2, I just really really really hope they don't transfer any items from MO1 to MO2, except capes, etc

Ichorous

The Argent Speedster
I'd much rather they just patch over the original. MO 2 is just an overhaul of the original with a soft character wipe.

MolagAmur

Judging by the history of sequels in both movies and games, I'm gonna say it's going to be nothing like the original and probably nothing like we expect. Who knows if it will be good or bad, but let's not pretend SV is going to be much different than they are today and poop out an amazing game. And if they dont get a new lore guy/coder and prevent Henrik from touching things, its doomed.
I just hope Star Vault doesn't overcorrect and completely change the good systems and parts of MO we all loved. I feel there is a really high chance of that though.

And if they dont get a new lore guy/coder and prevent Henrik from touching things, its doomed.
Haha so true. Henrik needs to step down and hire someone with a clear vision and experience to lead the project. Hes likely already laying a flawed foundation to sabotage the game:rolleyes:

Crewe

Cuprum Supporter
If wealth in any form transfers to MO2 launch will be a very sad day.

I have hope for the game....cautious hope
I totally agree. I hope it's a clean-fresh start, else it will be a disaster beginning, which is logical knowing from a past experience. We shall see.

I plan on playing but I am not hyped.

The way I understand it, the current subscribers will basically be testers. So, It will most likely only be a shell of a game when we first get to play it. It will surely be years before it grows into having everything MO currently does.

But I will most likely continue following into MO2.

Crewe

Cuprum Supporter
Given I’ve heard that SV has taken onboard new staff it may be possible that work on MO2 has commenced but they’re strictly not revealing anything for the time being, though this is just my guess.

This may explain why Henrik and Seb haven’t said a word about MO2, and no new staff has introduced themselves here on the forums to avoid being randomly pressured for answers.

I hope the sequel is MO reborn with its signature razor-sharp hardcore edge but with more interactivity and the ability to place individual items on the ground. I also hope to see a much more dynamic world that does justice to the term “living, breathing world” instead of just for marketing purposes.

I am hyped about MO2 and will be itching to play it when it comes out, but if it’s bug-ridden and unfinished then I’ll stay away from it until it’s in a state that I feel is playable for me.
I agree. I'm hyped about the UE4. It will probably be stunning visually if they did a good job on it. For me it doesn't matter how long they take to work on the game, year, two, three, it doesn't matter, as long as it's not buggy/glitchy when it's fully released. I mean we can all agree, accept & expect that it's a normal thing in any game, players find bugs and glitches at alpha and beta, they work on it and it's fixed asap, however I do not want bugs or glitches at release that last for a decade and not get fixed yet. Goodluck!

I'd much rather they just patch over the original. MO 2 is just an overhaul of the original with a soft character wipe.
Hopefully that's something they plan for. You don't see many MMO 3, MMO 4, etc, everytime they need to upgrade the game. EVE has done a great job of patching over as they go. The first iteration is barely recognisable to how it looks now.

Thread starter #19
Im hoping for better PvE and dungeons that are challanging and require strategy rather then tanky pets and naked mages.

I cant stress enough how big a more fun way to gather resouces would be.

I am not hyped. I have been vaccinated against Star Vault strains of hype.

I hope that when MO2 arrives it is something that you can enjoy.

That is the only hope I entertain for it at this time.