Looking forward to MO2?

Are you looking forward to MO2?

• Im hyped and looking forward to playing it.

• Im not hyped but I will play it.

• Im not hyped and I wont play it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teknique

I'd much rather they just patch over the original. MO 2 is just an overhaul of the original with a soft character wipe.
This current engine is an abomination and natural selection will take care of it soon

deathshroud

Exalted Member
We know practically nothing about it and have seen nothing of it. I can't be hyped about an idea i need to see some proof.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Idd just like to say that whoever made this thread is a genius.
Why, thank you very much, my handsome friend!
Please explain the 'Mudjin Sandwich above, as I have a primitive & superstitious fear of participating in any of a variety of activities with people who have doppelgängers.
We know practically nothing about it and have seen nothing of it. I can't be hyped about an idea i need to see some proof.
The only things we can know for sure about the change from "Mortal Online made with UE3" to "MO2 made with UE4" involve a dirty word*: 'potential'.

No matter the lists we've made of things we'd like to see in MO2, the only definite differences will be

• that some things will be possible that were impossible, and so the answer to why we can't have this or that may only change from "we can't do that" to "we could do that, but...".
  • it can't be as hard for the developers and artists to work with as it was. This could result in an increase in development speed, as impossible as that may seem.
If we're lucky, some things that were possible in the categories of "bugs, glitches, and unwanted effects" will become impossible. "Potentially." Any other differences are nebulous & require 'HOPE'.

Wabbajack

I am slightly hyped. Mostly based on how the graphic update will shock everyone in this thread and the general AI. Remember that troll that picked up players or those minos that fucked shit up in a sec? Or the dragon we have been waiting for so long? The lush forest everyone has been dying to explore?

Well none of that is in.

Yet. Or maybe it is.. hmm

Tehmudjin

I am slightly hyped. Mostly based on how the graphic update will shock everyone in this thread and the general AI. Remember that troll that picked up players or those minos that fucked shit up in a sec? Or the dragon we have been waiting for so long? The lush forest everyone has been dying to explore?

Well none of that is in.

Yet. Or maybe it is.. hmm
From what the devs has told us, MO2 will initally only have basic features and more will be added in as we go. I get the impression that this time they want to avoid painting themselves into a corner by releasing content that might have negative impact on the game, such as OP pets, mounts, indestructable TC etc.

They have been hiring animators and 3d artists for Environment, characters, armors/weapons and animals and creatures so it seems MO2 will be a completly new world. We might get rid of some rubberbanding and "rollerskater" running look too.

No matter what, it seems like it will at least be an enhanced version of the best game ive ever played.

I will more than likely dabble with MO2, but no longer have the time to dedicate to it that I once did. I'm fairly curious to see how they implement the single character system. Not hyped, but certainly curious to see how it plays out.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
They have been hiring animators and 3d artists for Environment, characters, armors/weapons and animals and creatures so it seems MO2 will be a completely new world. We might get rid of some rubberbanding and "rollerskater" running look too.

No matter what, it seems like it will at least be an enhanced version of the best game ive ever played.
One of the few things I think I understand about UE4 is that those artists/animators can do a lot more by themselves without needing the programmers' time and assistance:

"...the entire animation system has had an overhaul. UE4 introduces AnimMontages, which puts control of animation sequences right into the hands of the artist. An artist can use AnimMontage for chaining together complex sequences of animations, event-based animation switching and much more.​
- - -​
Probably the most well-published and biggest change is the addition of Blueprint visual scripting. ... Artists can create simple Actors, add a variety of components and build its behavior - all without input from a programmer."​

The look of things, at least, will almost certainly be better than ever.

MolagAmur

I just hope we got pcs on the nursing home so I can play MO2
Or the technology evolves to where we can put on a headset and play without needing to move so our old ass bodies can just lay there with an IV of Morphine and do a risar dungeon.

Wabbajack

Or the technology evolves to where we can put on a headset and play without needing to move so our old ass bodies can just lay there with an IV of Morphine and do a risar dungeon.
Funny, exciting, depressing and very probable.

Henrik Nystrom

CEO
Staff member
Judging by the history of sequels in both movies and games, I'm gonna say it's going to be nothing like the original and probably nothing like we expect. Who knows if it will be good or bad, but let's not pretend SV is going to be much different than they are today and poop out an amazing game. And if they dont get a new lore guy/coder and prevent Henrik from touching things, its doomed.
I just hope Star Vault doesn't overcorrect and completely change the good systems and parts of MO we all loved. I feel there is a really high chance of that though.
Yeah the day I leave MO it will turn into a wow clone.
You know I wrote the org design for MO right? I wrote every single game feature and then handed over the coding part for our coders.
So what you both love and hate comes from my very old game design.
Over the years I had to step away more and more and let go of the hand holding of the development due to extreme stress and work load, this is where things started to get mixed, which I take on me, this is my fault for sure. Things got into the game that I didnt have time to follow up as I should have.
This second time around things will be different, and I will be part of every section that comes into the game.
we will start with the core and the best working parts from org MO and we will slowly expand from there carefully making sure its the right decisions.

There is no way we will throw away this second chance to make MO as intended, both in terms of lack of previous experience and with new tech that allows us to do more what we wanted in the first place. There will be no ninja content added from different developers that haven't been 200% approved and checked. I know we only get one chance to make MO2 well, and I will do everything in my power to make sure its done correctly this time. Every developer is critical that they are in the right position, not just random people, so we are taking our time to build our entire team. I use to play MO a lot since launch and I loved playing it, I felt pure magic since day one, I will never forget the days we lumbered those trees next to fabernum and teamed up, having good stories and avoided the waves of murders that came every now and then. MO is very close to my heart, and so is it for both Sebastian and Mats that helped me build the game I had in mind many years ago. We will do it again and we will use the core from MO and improve on it into the new tech. Theres been a few companies over the years that wanted to take over MO, but not to improve on its current features, but to change its entire model from sandbox to a more themepark including the business model, this will however offer a different wow clone pretty much, which MO never is meant to be. I hope we can be clear on what MO is going to be which we tried to show since day one when we revealed MO.

Words is just words however, action speaks louder so give MO2 a try when its available for you to decide for yourself.

xDJx

I am looking forward to MO 2 being a fresh chance for clans that could not get into the game, because of the vast wealth of people in MO 1 stopping them from doing so.

I hope it will be a fresh start for all and a reset of wealth and assets, as in a complete wipe.

Then a new clan will have a chance of trying MO 2.

You know I wrote the org design for MO right? I wrote every single game feature and then handed over the coding part for our coders.
Over the years I had to step away more and more and let go of the hand holding of the development due to extreme stress and work load, this is where things started to get mixed, which I take on me, this is my fault for sure. Things got into the game that I didnt have time to follow up as I should have.
This second time around things will be different, and I will be part of every section that comes into the game.
we will start with the core and the best working parts from org MO and we will slowly expand from there carefully making sure its the right decisions.

There is no way we will throw away this second chance to make MO as intended, both in terms of lack of previous experience and with new tech that allows us to do more what we wanted in the first place. There will be no ninja content added from different developers that haven't been 200% approved and checked. I know we only get one chance to make MO2 well, and I will do everything in my power to make sure its done correctly this time. Every developer is critical that they are in the right position, not just random people, so we are taking our time to build our entire team. I use to play MO a lot since launch and I loved playing it, I felt pure magic since day one, I will never forget the days we lumbered those trees next to fabernum and teamed up, having good stories and avoided the waves of murders that came every now and then. MO is very close to my heart, and so is it for both Sebastian and Mats that helped me build the game I had in mind many years ago. We will do it again and we will use the core from MO and improve on it into the new tech. Theres been a few companies over the years that wanted to take over MO, but not to improve on its current features, but to change its entire model from sandbox to a more themepark including the business model, this will however offer a different wow clone pretty much, which MO never is meant to be. I hope we can be clear on what MO is going to be which we tried to show since day one when we revealed MO.

Words is just words however, action speaks louder so give MO2 a try when its available for you to decide for yourself.
Jesus, you managed to melt my heart and give a hope, for a MO2 and SV future. I even made an account, just to wrote you that. I hope MO2 will have more from original MO, before you manage to get your engine upgrated. But, please, don't add a TC. Just allow a guilds to build large walls around they keeps, and nothing more. Sure, you can place portal blocker, an broker outposts, towers, but not to wall them off. And do something about necromancers pets ( don't know, if you gonna add them, or not), but even now, people manage to make them extra OP.
Well, I wish you and your team luck of making 2nd Mortal Online.

Thanks dad.

MolagAmur

I'm aware you wrote the start of MO. The start of MO was amazing...we all know this. My comment was rude, but it was more speaking of current Henrik. I said that because the last few live Streams you did...you seemed very out of it and uninterested in the game yourself. You would show off the new mechanics that were just horrible while ignoring the glaring issues. I can understand you were really stressed and I'm sorry to come off as an asshole. You, Henrik, created the best game that many of us have ever played. The game that gave all of us some of the best memories for the rest of our lives. I'm sure you know it's all tough love from us when we say shit. We of course wish the best for MO2...but hopefully it goes back more in the direction of how the MO world was supposed to be. And more importantly, hopefully there is a better test team that doesnt allow extreme broken mechanics to sit on the server for months. That truly is the main thing that butchered the games population imo.

Love you Henrik. Love you Seb. Please come back Mats. And try to persuade Paratus to coming back to help MO2 :).

Last edited:

Dalacor

This is the best update for MO in over 5 years. Thanks for writing to us and giving us hope that one day we can relive the best gaming of our lives. pre awakening MO was the best game ever made even though it was buggy and broken, I believe if you can construct that then you can build a bigger and better replacement utilising all those lessons learned. Cant wait!

at this point i have to take what you say as just empty platitudes. time and time again you have shown your inability to step in and make changes to MO even after overwhelming feedback on the forums. Maybe you have been very busy shuffling numbers around to make sure the lights stay on but certainly there has been more than enough time over the last 10 years to step back and evaluate the game's subsystems.

it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out the game's economy was completely fucked from day one. when the first keep deed was purchased at a time where 8000 gold hadn't even had a chance to drop in game yet (even if you were farming the entireity of myrland as fast as spawns happened and sold all the drops you likely wouldnt have 8000 gold at that point). your lack of action then and since sends a loud signal that noone's watching the store.

things like butchery were added without considering the side effects that people would be out 'in the field' a lot less (*not* a trivial change in playstyle!). breeding is still broken as all get out (max speed should not have max hp, or at least not without absolute minimum stamina) not to mention level 125 takes far too long and is far too overpowering. one could go on ad nauseum over all the unbalanced and broken systems in the game that are still there, untouched as if you're simply incapable of evaluating them and coming up with reasonable 'tweeks' or outright overhauls where needed.

i guess what i'm saying is, give us some confidence you can make decisions. Give us a reason to believe it wont just be broken subsystem after broken subsystem that languish unchanged because you fear breaking more things should you adjust them.

-barcode