Looking forward to MO2?

Are you looking forward to MO2?

• Im hyped and looking forward to playing it.

• Im not hyped but I will play it.

• Im not hyped and I wont play it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
...explusive items.
Exclusive (available to a select few), or expulsive (you can throw them out the window at points of stress)?

Not considered: Explosive items. Now, that would be hard-core.

I'm still waiting for newbie island for mo1. With how long it's taken to come, newbie island should be hype af next to mo2

I'm still waiting for newbie island for mo1. With how long it's taken to come, newbie island should be hype af next to mo2
THEY say it's going to be part of MO2, some day.

That means it's the first 'part' of MO2 that MO1 players will see. Someone's sure to dislike or disagree with that statement ('Bah! Doesn't Count!11'), but that won't make it any less true. :)

Teknique

That means it's the first 'part' of MO2 that MO1 players will see. Someone's sure to dislike or disagree with that statement ('Bah! Doesn't Count!11'), but that won't make it any less true. :)
That’s typically your MO no pun intended

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead

Yes, Starter Island will be a part of MO2.
However, everything you seen from the Island so far is for MO1 only, as its built with the 3.5 engine and old assets.

The Starter Island for MO2 will be totally rebuilt using the UE4 engine and all its benefits.

Speaking about the Starter Island, I wonder what this guy is up to?

strange.jpg

Actually yeah... it does make it less true:rolleyes:

everything you seen from the Island so far is for MO1 only

Tehmudjin

However, everything you seen from the Island so far is for MO1 only, as its built with the 3.5 engine and old assets.

The Starter Island for MO2 will be totally rebuilt using the UE4 engine and all its benefits.

View attachment 12746
He is obviously chanting a spell that keeps starter Island from being released.

Teknique

View attachment 12746
Herius, will building the starter island for MO1 make it easier and quicker to build the same island for MO2? If not, it makes no sense to me to build it in MO1 when you could just build it in MO2.

Tehmudjin

Herius, will building the starter island for MO1 make it easier and quicker to build the same island for MO2? If not, it makes no sense to me to build it in MO1 when you could just build it in MO2.
MO2 is probably far away. MO took about 4 years and MO2 should go faster. Can it be done in half the time? Sooner?

Making the Island in MO and geting feedback is also super valuable for making an even better starter experience in MO2.

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
Yes, building the Starter Island for MO1 was planned long ago, and with MO2 in the works, releasing the Starter Island for MO1 is a good way to test our new tutorials, mechanics and the Island layout to make sure everything is as good as it needs to be before adding them to MO2.

Yes, building the Starter Island for MO1 was planned long ago, and with MO2 in the works, releasing the Starter Island for MO1 is a good way to test our new tutorials, mechanics and the Island layout to make sure everything is as good as it needs to be before adding them to MO2.
Superb. As for the lack of patches in recent months, is this due to needing to ‘lock down’ (to borrow a phrase from Ultima Online’s housing system) the game to avoid any game-breaking issues before deploying the starter island?

Last edited:

Tehmudjin

Exactly as I propheciesed.

MO2 is probably far away. MO took about 4 years and MO2 should go faster. Can it be done in half the time? Sooner?

Making the Island in MO and geting feedback is also super valuable for making an even better starter experience in MO2.

All hail Tehmudjin the Prophet!

All hail Tehmudjin the Prophet!
Peanut Butter and jelly be Upon Him.

Superb. As for the lack of patches in recent months, is this due to needing to ‘lock down’ (to borrow a phrase from Ultima Online’s housing system) the game to avoid any game-breaking issues before deploying the starter island?
Alternatively-- @Herius-- are you all (SV) going to announce the starter island, Haven, before you open it up, or just patch it in along with something else, first, and let people discover it by accident when starting new characters for the first week or so? ( :p It's unlikely, I know, but I think it would be funny. Really new players won't know it's ever been any different.)

How many years left for the release of noob island? At this point MO2 prob coming sooner...