Looking forward to MO2?

Are you looking forward to MO2?

• Im hyped and looking forward to playing it.

• Im not hyped but I will play it.

• Im not hyped and I wont play it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dalacor

Is there an age limit for starter island? At this point that is a realistic worry....

how many years down the line will it take ? like optimistically ?

how many years down the line will it take ? like optimistically ?
SV has said they’ve hired a large staff to work on MO2 so it may take a few years just like every MMORPG which are big undertakings, realistically I’d say about 4-5 years before open beta.

Tehmudjin

SV has said they’ve hired a large staff to work on MO2 so it may take a few years just like every MMORPG which are big undertakings, realistically I’d say about 4-5 years before open beta.
That would be if they made a game from scratch. MO2 seem to be an engine update of the core features of MO. They have the game design figured out already. 4-5 years is what it took to make MO. It is likely that MO2 will be quicker.

That would be if they made a game from scratch. MO2 seem to be an engine update of the core features of MO. They have the game design figured out already. 4-5 years is what it took to make MO. It is likely that MO2 will be quicker.
I would hope it takes less time than the usual projected timeframe of new MMORPGs. From what @Herius said in another recent thread it was indicated that they are rebuilding every square metre of Myrland, Sarducaa and Haven with improved assets in UE4. I don’t know how that would translate to time-wise, though it sounds like a massive undertaking.

I would hope it takes less time than the usual projected timeframe of new MMORPGs. From what @Herius said in another recent thread it was indicated that they are rebuilding every square metre of Myrland, Sarducaa and Haven with improved assets in UE4. I don’t know how that would translate to time-wise, though it sounds like a massive undertaking.
They can’t even release noob island in a timely manner, I wouldn’t be hopeful in terms of them getting MO2 out in a reasonable time

They can’t even release noob island in a timely manner, I wouldn’t be hopeful in terms of them getting MO2 out in a reasonable time
Just for future reference, what do you think "a reasonable time" for the getting-out of MO2 would be?

Note: Any time already, like "Last Week", is not an option.
One of the few things I think I understand about UE4 ...
... as stated before:

"...the entire animation system has had an overhaul. UE4 introduces AnimMontages, which puts control of animation sequences right into the hands of the artist. An artist can use AnimMontage for chaining together complex sequences of animations, event-based animation switching and much more.​
- - -​
Probably the most well-published and biggest change is the addition of Blueprint visual scripting. ... Artists can create simple Actors, add a variety of components and build its behavior - all without input from a programmer."​

So, according to a NON-SV source, Unreal Engine 4 improves not only the assets but the processes available to Star Vault in re-making Myrland, Sarducaa, and Haven. @The :Best Dev: no longer has to handle everything & thus is not a bottleneck.

bottleneck--guitar-playing-aiis.png

So, yeah, a massive task with more workers with a potentially faster work-flow.

Star Vault's been given good advice on how to make an estimate of how long a job will take, before:

"SV doesn't seem to have any template for estimating how much time an certain amount of work will take. Here's how you do it:​

"First, you estimate time for a part of the work-- that you have experience of-- and you estimate the shortest amount of time it could realistically take. Then you estimate how long it will take if you encounter problems, any problem you can think of, and then some that you didn't think of.​
"Now you've got a timespan of an ETA. Now, you test this timespan by completing a part of the work; if it's correct you use it for the rest of the work. If it's not, you make a new estimation and try it again."​
Jul 28, 2012 #23​

Just for future reference, what do you think "a reasonable time" for the getting-out of MO2 would be?

... as stated before:

"...the entire animation system has had an overhaul. UE4 introduces AnimMontages, which puts control of animation sequences right into the hands of the artist. An artist can use AnimMontage for chaining together complex sequences of animations, event-based animation switching and much more.​
- - -​
Probably the most well-published and biggest change is the addition of Blueprint visual scripting. ... Artists can create simple Actors, add a variety of components and build its behavior - all without input from a programmer."​

So, according to a NON-SV source, Unreal Engine 4 improves not only the assets but the processes available to Star Vault in re-making Myrland, Sarducaa, and Haven. @The :Best Dev: no longer has to handle everything & thus is not a bottleneck.

Star Vault's been given good advice on how to make an estimate of how long a job will take, before:

"SV doesn't seem to have any template for estimating how much time an certain amount of work will take. Here's how you do it:​

"First, you estimate time for a part of the work-- that you have experience of-- and you estimate the shortest amount of time it could realistically take. Then you estimate how long it will take if you encounter problems, any problem you can think of, and then some that you didn't think of.​
"Now you've got a timespan of an ETA. Now, you test this timespan by completing a part of the work; if it's correct you use it for the rest of the work. If it's not, you make a new estimation and try it again."​
Jul 28, 2012 #23​
SV could technically hire a big group of staff who may not necessarily be programmers but are good at putting things together in UE4, which could theoretically speed things up. If that is correct, we may actually have a shorter-than-expected timeframe for completion.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
So, according to a NON-SV source, Unreal Engine 4 improves not only the assets but the processes available to Star Vault in re-making Myrland, Sarducaa, and Haven.
Haven ?

... as stated before:

- - -​

Jul 28, 2012 #23​
I’d say anything less than 2-3 years would be reasonable. Keeping the community updated would obviously make the time seem less severe, but we’ve yet to hear anything as of late about production estimates.

There's going to be a Haven (name of the Newbie Island) in MO2 as well as in Mortal Online, but as Herius has said, it will be made of the (finer) UE4 stuff when it is part of MO2.
I’d say anything less than 2-3 years would be reasonable. Keeping the community updated would obviously make the time seem less severe, but we’ve yet to hear anything as of late about production estimates.
Ah, thanks.