Love the Transparency... DevDiary Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Golgotha

Open communication, love it. Learn from it.

I really like how fishing is being worked on (pls no hate for that). Not for everyone I know, but making an old system function like it was supposed to instead of placeholders is a very good thing.

Thank you JonasH and Seb.

Pantero

Race will effect heat resist. This is interesting. It makes me want to roll new chars immediately but it'll be guesswork.

Artorius

Cronite Supporter
I like it too but...

"I analyzed the weather system in order to figure out why there are no thunderstorms anymore. I fixed a minor sound bug for lightning strikes, but "Art" needs to do some work in order to properly bring thunderstorms back, and the weather system itself might need tweaking so that rain and storms are a bit less rare. The weather system is actually more complex and realistic than most players will ever be aware of, but this also makes it harder to predict, balance and control."

Oh god... it took several years to figure out that the weather system is broken? I'm not blaming him, he is new but Sebs, what's up dude? I understand you certainly have more critical bugs to fix with limited time hence the welcome help from Jonash but still. YEARS...

Cearbhall

Exalted Member
Dam we should have grack complain morexD

First mention about keep doors opening from inside get fixed the next week.

Let see how that turns out,idk how many times I got stuck in expansion of the house since I did not have key to reopen it

P.s keep up the good work!

Pantero

I'm going to roll a Sidoan Burglar later.

grasthard

good work, Seb give him an appreciation slap on the bum :D

Azidano

Excellent stuff!

Very happy about the transparency!

Race will effect heat resist. This is interesting. It makes me want to roll new chars immediately but it'll be guesswork.
With no explicit information on how exactly the heat system will work, it's hard to say how this will pan out, but I hope this will help to make the "gimped" races a bit more viable.

Pantero

Sarduccans and Sidoans will be most resistant is my guess.

Darran

SV. If you make people roll their characters again due to the heat system I will hate you. Forever.

But otherwise, seems like cool stuff ^^

slyy

Locked doors can no longer be opened by anyone who is inside the building. Now you must always have a key to open a locked door, even from the inside.
Woah. So just 2 weeks ago this was used by a spy to single handedly win a keep siege - and now its being removed instantly? Who asked for this and who considers it a good thing? This topic shows that the community was not in favor of this change or at least very split on it.

Along with the palisade gate change from 2 years ago, this is another nail in the coffin for the spying profession and the potential it can have. Its so obviously connected to the ID keep siege 3 weeks ago that it hurts. There was nothing wrong with what happened that day - it was punishment for letting a spy into your ranks. Yet we will never see such things again now.. shocked and disappointed.

Rest of the information is really appreciated as usual

grasthard

Woah. So just 2 weeks ago this was used by a spy to single handedly win a keep siege - and now its being removed instantly? Who asked for this and who considers it a good thing? This topic shows that the community was not in favor of this change or at least very split on it.

Along with the palisade gate changed from 2 years ago, this is another nail in the coffin for the spying profession and the potential it can have. Obviously this angry post isn't aimed at Jonas but more so at the people making the decisions above him.

Its so obviously connected to the ID keep siege 3 weeks ago that it hurts. There was nothing wrong with what happened that day - it was punishment for letting a spy into your ranks. Yet we will never see such things again now.. shocked and disappointed.

Rest of the information is really appreciated as usual

i kinda agree with the general idea. spying is not even the issue, in many cases where you get locked up inside your own house and the house owner is on the other side of the map it can get very annoying.

now if you accidentaly delete the key you are locked up inside your own house (by own i mean owned by you on another char, ofc the house owner char can always create a new one.

Resin

I like it too but...

"I analyzed the weather system in order to figure out why there are no thunderstorms anymore. I fixed a minor sound bug for lightning strikes, but "Art" needs to do some work in order to properly bring thunderstorms back, and the weather system itself might need tweaking so that rain and storms are a bit less rare. The weather system is actually more complex and realistic than most players will ever be aware of, but this also makes it harder to predict, balance and control."

Oh god... it took several years to figure out that the weather system is broken? I'm not blaming him, he is new but Sebs, what's up dude? I understand you certainly have more critical bugs to fix with limited time hence the welcome help from Jonash but still. YEARS...
I want this over GK:

Kuthara

The reason you need a spy in the first place to open the door is because of the ridiculous ability for the defenders to repair the Keep fast than you can damage it with multiple Siege Engines.

You can not just change something and not address the underlying problems.

Kha-Ri

Honored Member
The spy now needs to pickpocket a key before winning a siege.

The reason you need a spy in the first place to open the door is because of the ridiculous ability for the defenders to repair the Keep fast than you can damage it with multiple Siege Engines.
This.

Pantero

It hopefully means there will be more people carrying keys around though.

However the inability to properly share a house with someone does sort of suck a bit.

slyy

now if you accidentaly delete the key you are locked up inside your own house (by own i mean owned by you on another char, ofc the house owner char can always create a new one.
Theres loads of issues with this change - and if it wasn't for Jonas it would of just been slipped in with Sarduca without any prior discussion. The only thing it benefits in the entire game is guilds which are vulnerable to spies. Why should they be protected at the expense of every single other player?

And yeah while Im posting. Out repairing a keep siege of 5 catapults is absolute stupidity in design.

Azidano

No, not every guild.
A one-man guild is not susceptible to spies. But the likelihood of such guilds acquiring a keep is quite slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.