Lykia Lore?

Thread starter #1

Dovakiing

Seeing as how Alvarin are one of the most popular races in the game, why is there no lore on their origins and of lykia?

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Seeing as how Alvarin are one of the most popular races in the game, why is there no lore on their origins and of lykia?
Star Vault is just mad because Tuhtram and I guessed correctly at their extra-Navian origins on some other planet, so now they don't say *anything* about them.

Thread starter #3

Dovakiing

Star Vault is just mad because Tuhtram and I guessed correctly at their extra-Navian origins on some other planet, so now they don't say *anything* about them.
Ah, so lykia was just a cover up because the Tindremic Empire didnt want to start a panic that alien elves were now running around? nice

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I'd say they (crash?) landed in Lykia and probably some time ago, but still retain some dim memory of what their flying saucers are supposed to look like.

The Shogun

I'd say they (crash?) landed in Lykia and probably some time ago, but still retain some dim memory of what their flying saucers are supposed to look like.
Is there a written post about this theory? Aliens are my thing :D

Tuhtram

Silver Supporter
Everything I've gathered so far on Lykia:

• Part of the language-inspirations appear to be based in Insular Celtic.
Urmothar changed to "Mothar Ur" (for grammatical correctness in Irish) means "New Jungle". Sheevra are Irish fairy-creatures. Aos Si (also known as Aos Sith, and Daoine Sidhe) are likely the inspiration for the Aes Sith, who are an unknown clade of Alvarin.​
  • The people of Lykia (the Alvarin and Aes Sith clades) appear to be based off of various creatures such as Fairies, Elves, Nymphs, and so-on. Veela themselves are most likely at least partially related to Vila, which are Slavic fairies/nymphs. Personally? Based on the game's tone I'd assume they have a heavier "Fair Folk" vibe, and not the kinds of fairies we market to children in the modern era.
  • Lykia is no longer the name of the entirety of the area, and instead the continent is "Urmothar". Lykia is a territory within.
  • Lykiators presumably come from Lykia.
  • Somniferum (Opium) comes from Urmothar.
  • Meliorwoods are apparently certain kinds of Urmotharian trees. Based on the language roots (which in themselves reveal a lot of MO's lore), they're likely "Great/Strong/Big Trees", which kinda makes me think of Avatar's gigantic trees.
  • Alvarin developed the falling technique, which makes me think of various free-running moves.
  • Alvarin are more naturally attuned to magic than any of the other clades. Mats mentioned that their "base level" of magical talent was at the point of being able to sense it (know when it's been used).
This is also clearly why we don't know more than we do.

Tuhtram

Silver Supporter
More?
More more?
More what? Is it a secret?
The Alvarin Mothership apologizes for this minor glitch in the language translation system...

stand-by...
analyzing...
response: "know more*"
notes: former translator removed from translation position and instead assigned to custodial duties.
Thank you for improving the Alvarin Mothership's Tindremic-to-Alvarin translation program. You, NAJWALAYLAH, have been granted an extra 2 ration units after Operation Lykiator's success!
Based on this completely terrestrial message I received, I guess there was a translation mix-up at the Embassy!

Would be better then what im paying for now.
Hate to say it, but I agree. We've waited long enough for translations. Not to mention the Mats summoning is probably wreaking havoc on the space-time continuum... :/

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Hate to say it, but I agree. We've waited long enough for translations. Not to mention the Mats summoning is probably wreaking havoc on the space-time continuum... :/
Mats?
Mats.
MATS.

1. I don't care if the Space-Time Continuum rips down the middle.
  2. Props to Marcus Aurelius for his totally correct usage of 'wreak'.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Is there a written post about this theory? Aliens are my thing :D
Incoming walls of quoted text:
Rock Golems are in Jotuni simply because they are 'giant' creatures and not because someone splattered himself on a rock (see thread about ridiculous fall damage).

And I maintain that although Alvarin are taxonomically classified as Irminae under Simia the entire clade of Alvarin, along with the Aes Sith and their immediate 'parent' are not phylogenetically related to any others outside it because all of you are from another planet.

Yes. Aliens walk among us.
The trick was getting through the vacuum.
You know those Alvarin-looking houses on the north shore of Amaruuk Nur, and the others down in Toxai?

Try building something like that out of metal with airtight doors, for a start, and then work on a propulsion system.

#IgnoredIrminaeInvasion
Am I seriously the only one who's ever noticed that there are two points of entry to these things, and one of them is a 'bay' that opens out of the bottom?

What really happened to the Shinarian civilisation? Hmm.

There's a reason why the Alvarin call their point of origin on Nave "new jungle lands".
(The whole name is a pun: they call Mother Nave "Ur Mother" because it's not theirs.)

#IgnoredIrminaeInvasion
#ShinarianCivilisationDidn'tFallItWasPushed
That's the Khurite reconstruction of our Lykiator holding-pods. Sometimes they'd get lost and wander the skies of other planets before we recalled them to the right location. Good thing the poor things were in cryo sleep! A recent mishap ended up releasing some in Myrland, and we're far too busy working on our master plan to do much about it.
Two questions:
  1. What are the underwater "pod things" found next to 'houses' of this type? What, by reconstruction, do they represent?
  2. What is the Alvarin / Irminae Master Plan?
1. Those housed the other creatures and plants we brought. Some of them are fun, like Somniferum! Others are less fun, like the terror-vines. Not quite sure who signed off on bringing those..

2. Classified, but rest assured it will be for the good of all. Except a few.

If you wish to join our efforts as a foreign ally, I suggest relocating to our continent and bowing before the Sheevra triumvirate. They're in charge, but that's nothing new. Sheevra always have been, even back home.