Make riding secondary

Should riding be secondary and swift riding primary?

• Yes

Votes: 34 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Please make riding secondary and swift riding the primary, that way foot only ppl can get to the pvp faster, it would be perfect with breeding grounds now and save alot of time.

The Shogun

"foot only ppl"? It's your choice not putting any points in riding and making yourself "foot only". No one is forcing you to be "foot only ppl".
Are you really arguing against something that could potentially bring PvP to a game where there is nothing to do but PvP?

Thread starter #4
"foot only ppl"? It's your choice not putting any points in riding and making yourself "foot only". No one is forcing you to be "foot only ppl"; no one is born "foot only ppl'.

Do you even have a foot character? Skill points are scarce, Im not gonna gimp myself to get riding if Im just gonna use it for transport.

Are you really arguing against something that could potentially bring PvP to a game where there is nothing to do but PvP?
No, I'm arguing against what every other MMO does; nerfing their games to oblivion. What you are saying really is "give us more skill points to use to make the game easier for us". Just take 10 points from your 2nd weapon skill, 10 points from aggr stance, 10 from def stance, and 10 from bandage (or whatever). That's 40, enough for you to ride almost all horses out there. Kids, you can't have everything.

Thread starter #6
No, I'm arguing against what every other MMO does; nerfing their games to oblivion. What you are saying really is "give us more skill points to use to make the game easier for us". Just take 10 points from your 2nd weapon skill, 10 points from aggr stance, 10 from def stance, and 10 from bandage (or whatever). That's 40, enough for you to ride almost all non-bull horses out there.

Yeah Ill just take 40 points from athletics or other useless skill, I mean those shore prowlers aint gonna catch me anyways, amirite?

The Shogun

No, I'm arguing against what every other MMO does; nerfing their games to oblivion. What you are saying really is "give us more skill points to use to make the game easier for us". Just take 10 points from your 2nd weapon skill, 10 points from aggr stance, 10 from def stance, and 10 from bandage (or whatever). That's 40, enough for you to ride almost all horses out there. Kids, you can't have everything.
Making riding secondary would only make it easier to find pvp. Making it a secondary is not the same as removing a skill or "nerfing it to oblivion" as you so put it.

Making riding secondary would only make it easier to find pvp. Making it a secondary is not the same as removing a skill or "nerfing it to oblivion" as you so put it.
Of course it is nerfing the game. You want extra skill points to use; that is the net effect of making riding secondary. You want to find pvp faster? Give up something: How about a 0.5% reduction on your damage/mitigation bonus? You think that will gimp your toon too much? Well then, just walk. Fucking carebears.

The Shogun

Of course it is nerfing the game. You want extra skill points to use; that is the net effect of making riding secondary. You want to find pvp faster? Give up something: How about a 0.5% reduction on your damage/mitigation bonus? You think that will gimp your toon too much? Well then, just walk. Fucking carebears.
Apparently, wanting to find pvp faster makes you a carebear. We should all be thankful we weren't blessed with your intellectual capacity.

Revenge

Making this a seconday would improve the amount of people able to ride, but not master it like MA/MC need. I'm in favor.

Thread starter #11
Should we have Primaries at all?

IMO the primaries should be the useful skills in the tree. Its not like I want my character to do everything, but this change wont affect diversity, my foot fighter isnt going to suddenly be able to fight on horseback and will also be significantly slower than pure mounteds. Like cooking, should we make that a primary as well so you need 100 points to feed your damn pet? I think some basic skills should remain secondary, and if you want to specialize then you'll have to spend primaries.

ponyKnight

Do it. There was another thread about it, you can bump it also

I have not spent time experimenting with this at all, but can you not ride a high Int mount without much investment at all into riding? Was that not part of the point of high Int mounts? How much Int does a mount need so you only have to invest 25 into riding and use it without constant falling?

Have you fully investigated the systems that are already in place? What is the curve used for mount Int, and rider skill point investment?

Isnt even being able to use a mount just fine in speed two a solution to your problem? Does it need to be max speed mounts to work for someone in this situation? I remember being able to stay in 2nd gear with almost no skill at all, while skilling Riding up.

Lel. I ride with 0 locked riding. These kids think they need riding. Wow.

And yes. You can ride some mounts at 0 riding. And if its a fast mount then getting thrown off for its stam to come back wont kill you. Cuz its not like you will ever get away from a mc without a pre patch bull 100 swift riding anyway, so gettign thrown off isnt a big deal.

Saying all this though, having riding as a secondary and no swift riding you could still never be any mounted build. You get dismounted too easy and swift riding makes a huge difference. You would then make controlled riding after swift riding so you cant have that either. Then all you can do is be hopeless on your slow horse as you ride somewhere. Which saves time over having0 riding.

Aphilas

Cronite Supporter
Lel. I ride with 0 locked riding. These kids think they need riding. Wow.

And yes. You can ride some mounts at 0 riding. And if its a fast mount then getting thrown off for its stam to come back wont kill you. Cuz its not like you will ever get away from a mc without a pre patch bull 100 swift riding anyway, so gettign thrown off isnt a big deal.
You probably walk without athletics and pick up a stack of random stone into your inventory just to make it more enjoyable.

Please make riding secondary and swift riding the primary, that way foot only ppl can get to the pvp faster, it would be perfect with breeding grounds now and save alot of time.
you can already ride a mount with 0 riding <><

ponyKnight

ponyKnight

Why Disagree? You can ride donkey without riding skill, but you are fallinig from him, when you need to chage his speed and try to stop him.

Sarkhan

I think it is fine as is. Without experimenting, I reckon a couple dozen points in riding with an average mount would suit the needs of what is being requested. If it is to get to the fight faster, etc, I doubt the extra points in speed from having riding would make much a difference. You would still be killed by real mounteds.

To get from point A to point B as a foot with a mount, its probably possible in-game and players haven't dabbled in their points enough to see if it is viable. This is all speculation of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.