Make spamming campfires bannable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Spamming several campfires and causing lag for others needs to be a bannable offense.
It severely cripples and lags the client/server.
I'm seeing players do it just to be funny.

228Scoped

Trial Member
You.... can just destroy the campfires really easy lmafo.

Dhan

Honored Member
Yes please. Have fraps of someone doing it during a fight.. really lame shit.

Thread starter #5
You.... can just destroy the campfires really easy lmafo.

That's not a solution to something that causes the client/server more lag.
This needs to be addressed, if it didn't hinder performance it wouldn't be a big deal.

znile1

Trial Member
Solution would be to limit the amount of campires one person could have deployed at given time to one.

Dhan

Honored Member
Solution would be to limit the amount of campires one person could have deployed at given time to one.
Alternatively, you could implement the policy involved in the OP and the problem would be solved without any programming. It would also prevent big groups from placing one campfire per person in order to achieve the same effect.

eldrath

Alternatively, you could implement the policy involved in the OP and the problem would be solved without any programming. It would also prevent big groups from placing one campfire per person in order to achieve the same effect.
But this would have to be policed, which puts more workload on the GMs. Another solution might be to limited the number of campfires in a certain area.

znile1

Trial Member

To my knowlege spamming campfires is already punishable.

Dhan

Honored Member
But this would have to be policed, which puts more workload on the GMs. Another solution might be to limited the number of campfires in a certain area.
That it would, but it should take a minute to review fraps submitted by players and a few minutes to check out a petition for someone actively doing it. I doubt anyone would risk putting down a campfire when the penalty is a ban.

Maximiliuss

So you're saying instead of having regular defenses set, you can just spam campfires in your keeps?

Why hasn't anyone done this? It's better than yellow flagged keeps.

Actually come to memory I do remember GM Discord mentioning that campfire huts were a no go due to the stress they put on the nodes. I don't know much about that, but we all play this ATARI-class game. I guess we should play along.

Maximiliuss

I think the issue is that if someone hides somewhere and places down like 60 of them it will lagg the whole node. I would like a Dev comment on this though.

Pantero

Yeah, campfires need fixed. This could explain some of the bad lag I was experiencing yesterday in certain areas.

Strilan

Exalted Member
Need to spam campfires to light up some dungeons.

Don't agree munless you can tell the difference between the two.

1. There should be zones where placing campfires is prohibited, like banks and other public places.
2. Also it shouldn't be allowed to deploy campfire in certain radius of another campfire to avoid concentration of them making lags and using them to build barriers.
This will solve all campfire abuse problems.

a.out

Players enjoying themselves in a sandbox game. The horror ! Ban them all !

1) optimize lighting performance
2) limit visible light sources

2) limit visible light sources
It can work to make only several campfires in view to emit light, but still need to prohibit spamming campfires in banks and narrow entrances to public places.

a.out

It can work to make only several campfires in view to emit light, but still need to prohibit spamming campfires in banks and narrow entrances to public places.
Why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.