Making Keep Ownership a little better

Thread starter #1
Let us pay a month instead of 2 weeks of tax on the actual keep

remove tc towers and instead place world towers that act like the old tc towers but have a chest or something where they can get some materials depending on the region it controls

give certain keeps some free mines/lumbermills or something like this
example: owning stonewood sarducca keep allows you to buy the mine in the tephra cave which you cant build in

Ive suggested the same things before, kind of like darkfalls system where each keep has its own benefits.

i don't agree with the opinion that keep owners should be able to have control towers just like old TC towers. As GM mentioned before on their update notes, those towers in current state are to make some PVP by attacking and defending them. Even with small siege weapons players should be able to try attacking their towers. And those keep owners should be defending their stuffs from attackers while they are taking advantages of their territory and some more stuffs developers will update. i personally am satisfied with current TC control tower system except the fact that still TC control towers can be built real high sharp top of the mountain which is absolutely unsiegeable. i hope GM fix this issue real quick.

Further more what we need is smaller siege weapon than battering ram or manganon to make a small scale siege with small amount of gold. If TC control towers can have chests inside with bunch of fire arrows, no one will be able to siege any palisade with tower because those fire arrows with the walls are just too OP. i'm not saying there shouldn't be more advantages to keep owners. i'm saying there will be other things to have. i agree that keep owners should get more advantages but those advantages should be coming from other aspects. Having a pali with the tower is already hard enough to blow them up.

Shortly
1. No more OP fire arrows, attackers can't siege any palisade when there are a few people on walls shooting fire arrows, and it leads people to have a 'ninja siege'
2. We need to do something about those unsiegeable TC control towers high up on rocks or mountains.
3. GMs have to look for other ways to give keep owners advantages, not making those TC towers just stronger.
4. Need smaller and less cost siege weapons for casual sieges which will bring more small scale PVP.

i don't agree with the opinion that keep owners should be able to have control towers just like old TC towers. As GM mentioned before on their update notes, those towers in current state are to make some PVP by attacking and defending them. Even with small siege weapons players should be able to try attacking their towers. And those keep owners should be defending their stuffs from attackers while they are taking advantages of their territory and some more stuffs developers will update. i personally am satisfied with current TC control tower system except the fact that still TC control towers can be built real high sharp top of the mountain which is absolutely unsiegeable. i hope GM fix this issue real quick.

Further more what we need is smaller siege weapon than battering ram or manganon to make a small scale siege with small amount of gold. If TC control towers can have chests inside with bunch of fire arrows, no one will be able to siege any palisade with tower because those fire arrows with the walls are just too OP. i'm not saying there shouldn't be more advantages to keep owners. i'm saying there will be other things to have. i agree that keep owners should get more advantages but those advantages should be coming from other aspects. Having a pali with the tower is already hard enough to blow them up.

Shortly
1. No more OP fire arrows, attackers can't siege any palisade when there are a few people on walls shooting fire arrows, and it leads people to have a 'ninja siege'
2. We need to do something about those unsiegeable TC control towers high up on rocks or mountains.
3. GMs have to look for other ways to give keep owners advantages, not making those TC towers just stronger.
4. Need smaller and less cost siege weapons for casual sieges which will bring more small scale PVP.
Tc towers currently are incredibly undefendable, offer almost no benefit over a house and are very expensive to defend.
Look at the map right now, do you see many towers out in the open? or behind less than a couple layers of walls and guards. All it takes is a 100g battering ram or a couple elementalists to log in at sever up and you can lose all your towers overnight. You have to build towers inside giant palisades now and still have to decon most things in the area to be able to replace them. I find it funny that all of the people complaining about tc towers dont have any currently and most likely have never built them.

Tc towers currently are incredibly undefendable, offer almost no benefit over a house and are very expensive to defend.
Look at the map right now, do you see many towers out in the open? or behind less than a couple layers of walls and guards. All it takes is a 100g battering ram or a couple elementalists to log in at sever up and you can lose all your towers overnight. You have to build towers inside giant palisades now and still have to decon most things in the area to be able to replace them. I find it funny that all of the people complaining about tc towers dont have any currently and most likely have never built them.
Whenever i see you on forums. you are not talking the truth always. i know that you are smart enough to know what i'm saying is. they are defendable and some are now at unsiegeable spot. i know you will say they are not unsiegeable but let's be honest. i know you use forums to propogate putting some little lies in your words to show new players or GMs using forums . for some towers you need to build a house and a lot of ramps and then destroy the portalblocker on the middle of mountain and then you have to build another house for the ramps to get to the tower when builders can build them without spending their golds for houses and ramps. all the builders need is mats with tower and portalblocker. that means builders spend only a few golds and attackers have to spend fuck tons of golds and waste a lot of time. just like the state of simple player house. the cost of the player house is 100g and you need a 350g manganon with boulders and sure you need your forces to defend the mang. does it make any sense?? lol let's say yes they are siegeable. what's the point of destroying 100g house using 350g when they can easily rebuild? who's winning? dude. let's be honest. all vets know that those spots should not be allowed.

Last edited:

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
I agree to the GMs, but only in the first years TC towers have been used to get PvP: Some guild "knocked" on a control tower and the owner's guild started to move to that tower for a fight. But then the walls came in the game and control towers got walled. No more "knocking for PvP". Today control towers are used to place other buildings like mines or even small extraction camps or whatever. The worth of the controlled area increased dramatically and the therefore the worth of a control tower is high. Losing a control tower means losing maybe 1000s of gold.

Thread starter #7
bump henrik looking for more feedback

SOAKED

Empire building has taken Mortal Online very far away from its original roots and punished players who don't want to participate in building for hours on naked engineers by blocking off game content and literally killing the game experience. It's never the path I expected the game to take.

The first priority for TC should be to create more no-build zones around content. This is a very simple fix that would go a long way. Things like the Greater Kimuru should never be walled off. Everyone should have a chance to experience what the game has to offer. Important content should be handled like the Aur pit, a LARGE no build zone in the area, and if you want to create an outpost nearby thats fine, but walling off content completely so it can't be accessed creates DEAD content which is the worst thing to happen to the game. Allowing everyone access to content creates competition and action within the game.

Once it's made sure that content isn't being killed by TC I agree that the keep territory system needs a complete overhaul. The current system of building towers is inherently flawed and has turned into a competition for who can place towers in exploited locations where they are unreachable.

@Henrik Nystrom @Sebastian Persson @Herius Please, learn from the Aur pit. We need more no-build zones protecting world content like the Kimuru so that everyone can access it. And then we need a rework of the Territory Control system. Honestly I believe the current system of controlling territory through placing towers needs to be scrapped completely for something different, because due to MO unique geography it is being exploited. Territory should be controlled through players actually performing actions, something that a whole guild can contribute to like completing objectives in an area, not spiritist ghosts placing a tower on a mountain that can never be attacked or contested.

Last edited:
Though to play devils advocate, if it wasn't for things being walled off, there would be no "content" and population would be much lower as there would be know one hated enough to get people to sub to fight them.

You think NULL or FALL are going to bring people back?

You would probably be in some tab-target theme park like GW2

Roranicus

Though to play devils advocate, if it wasn't for things being walled off, there would be no "content" and population would be much lower as there would be know one hated enough to get people to sub to fight them.

You think NULL or FALL are going to bring people back?

You would probably be in some tab-target theme park like GW2
Except, before there was the ability to wall anything off, i.e. before tc, the population was much larger than now, sooooo.

Except, before there was the ability to wall anything off, i.e. before tc, the population was much larger than now, sooooo.
And before that period you are talking about the population was much larger than then, sooooo

Aemone

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

This game has over, the only fun thing we get here is to siege other guilds and there assets, war declared isn't as fun as it was Ty Sv.

no more roaming for PvP or ambush other we are like 200 player's in a land scape that should take over 200k and siege cost to destroy other guild asset's is absolutely ridicules , breeding system is still a bitch and Mounted Combat is overrated not much has changes since 2015 except the player's grown too Soft :confused:

Phaytal

You know something wrong when the majority vote of a guild votes no for getting a keep. I mean, just look at all the empty keep spots around the map.

You know something wrong when the majority vote of a guild votes no for getting a keep. I mean, just look at all the empty keep spots around the map.
Why own a keep when a small house module will do and will look awesome .

Fare well mortal

There has been many attempts to build on those "empty" keep spots, one just a few days ago

Reclaim what south, what does that even mean?
Well it is a very long story but I try my best to summarize :

It all started with some PvP Clip for some sect kiddo showing his degree of skill " when u usually post something u accept the Feed back be it a positive or a negative rating " any way when I simply spoke my mind and I was polite at first a shit talk started from him and his boys so I simply fired back that progress to like 5 pages of shutting in each other's mouth "Sv deleted most of them" so I told that person I go find him and siege his ass he and his guild mates they reply they don't have assets at first Bec they are a Coward carebears who are just lazy and want to farm Crocs then one of them made a mistake an mentioned something about system don't allow Wardec as before which I took as a sign they do have something " which they had " so I geared up and went down South and started looking and searching since non of my guild members knew where they were though they identified them as player's from Sect " they are one of our old and still enemy's but I didn't expect they shit talk like that even enemy's can show a certain degree of respect " it was long since I went down to jungles, vadda and bakti so I was re-exploring the land and I didn't play the game since winter 2015 so I placed 3 of my chars in bakti , vadda and jungles started roaming around and I was surprised how Ridiculous and aspired those parts of nave were Completely out of any guild Control "before I post my thread calling for a Crusade " the only one living there were some small scale guilds living in closed Pali and Seem to Do nothing at all but farm , mine - woodcut the noob shit and when you ask who is in charge here u hear nothing imagine that those territory who happens to be a gold mine's are Ruled by some AFK guild give me a break :confused: any way since I was acting solo outside my guild range my idea for pay back for my Honor was to give those kiddo a fair treatment " a Ninja siege to there house module " which would work fine since I knew there afk time " same as they did to my friends in Fall and s3xy some time ago " after getting all I needed I made a thread in politics section describing what I saw and calling to a Crusade to kick out those lazy relaxed good for nothing players and to clean the south from those who dominated the land by the natural selection the powerful will always stay standing and the weak shall move to Sarducca " got some attention and more shit talk from them they were clearly afraid for there Quite life style but I also Found a lot of Support from people I m proud to call them Friends " so we decided to remind them of there place we took chance that our allay were attacking down there and we went down there with the full strength of our allayed forces we made a nice Run to roar as then charged some worthless marks and the the big Finish was that keep at bakti which was one of sect assets aside some Collateral damages they didn't realize it till it was too late but we had an okay Fight what really triggered them was somethin one of sect kiddo said it was "u underestimate the South guild's " sect got more salty than ever after they knew shit is real and now they trying to play victim forgetting the fact that stat "talk shit get hit" their Blind Vanity was broken that day and Soon bakti will be ours and then we See what to do next.

As for vadda I don't care if any one got it as long they are keeping to themselves "I see fall walled there background which is a smart move" good luck :cool:

I tried as I could to summarize this from my point of view I still have 3 weeks left of Sup till I go back to normal the game isn't that funny for me as it was before so I make sure to do the operation nice and fast before that time ;) as for u I recommend you keep it to yourself if u near those parts or pick a side and Fight and you earn your place between your friends and enemy's and plz Don't Shit talk u see there is enough bad blood already we don't need another noob to Salt the Salty that Got Salty as fuck in this Salty Conflict .

Have a good Night

#Reclaiming_the_South

Last edited:

MolagAmur

The game really is kinda fucked now. The TC and walls just really killed it. All people do now is siege bc it's the only way to get yourself fights and artificial politics.

It's a shame seeing the direction the game has gone. Henrik has just lost it...