Mats, can you please write a Mortal novel?

BobgevLa

There once was man. Man wake up in big city. City name is tindrem. He go and ask the people wat do. He do wat do. He see more ppl. they say to kil walkiers. He kil walker. But meanie jump infront of his blade. He die. end

Thread starter #6

Marcus Aurelius

Silver Supporter
There is a little seriousness to this thread however. I mostly conceived it while browsing Games Workshop's Black Library. What I realised is that there are quite a few freelance former developers, and/or lore enthusiasts, still writing books for that game's fantasy setting.

So it led me to wonder, would Mats and any other developers, ex-developers or writers ever consider such a feat. Perhaps even short stories or other form of fiction? If so, what would be some key time periods or contexts that would work well for a novel?

eldrath

Wasn't the lore written several years ago?
Well I hope the writer understood the advanced swedish it was written in. :/

He also shamelessly used our lore.

So it led me to wonder, would Mats and any other developers, ex-developers or writers ever consider such a feat. Perhaps even short stories or other form of fiction? If so, what would be some key time periods or contexts that would work well for a novel?
Sounds like legal trouble without the explicit endorsement of SV. As I understand it Mats is no longer with the company and has just been helping out with lore-related things here and there.

He could of course change names and the like, but you'd just be reading another fantasy novel (albeit a good one, given his writing abilities). Sounds like a hassle.

I'm not too fond of the new lore writer if they're the individual who inspired some of the concept art for Sarducaa as well; some of it pushes past being derivative and screams outright copyright violation.

Vespula

Trial Member
FYI:
The Sarducaa lore has been written by a writer and not Mats.
I have noticed, did this writer also come up with the look as well, if so I think Disney needs to take a look...... There is way to much Tatooine in this module to be considered yours!

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Nah lore writer has nothing to do with the art-direction or the concepts.
He just writes stories for Sarducaa.

Also if Mats would want to write a novel set in Myrland I don't think the company would say no to that.
We could and all but we are not douche bags.
Mats is still giving input on every Sarducaa update,names,lore,concept minor stuff like that to keep the spirit alive.

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Wasn't the lore written several years ago?
The over arching lore is written in note form and is in Swedish.
It's not like a giant book with finished stories it's more a "hey this happened and these guys did this".
With names and dates etc. The major stuff not as specific as the stuff you get now.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
FYI:
The Sarducaa lore has been written by a writer and not Mats.
Are you implying that Mats is not a real writer? Or is this just a translation issue? I'm going to read this as "another writer".

I can translate advanced Swedish for you. I have many Swedish friends who got very good at English from talking to me for over 7 years..

Send me all your lore!

GOD DAMNIT SEBBY STOP THROWING US IN A LOOP.
Just please, for the love of god, give us SOMETHING (Even if it's notes in advanced Swedish that I have to wait 10 years to be translated). I need something to read until GRRM decides to release The Winds Of Winter in 201X
I'm always hearing this game has great lore. SHOW ME, PLEASE!