Minotour's as pets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Requiring Azur's glove to be worn to unlock the stronger attack isn't technically a nerf. Mino's would still be capable of doing great dmg, just with the glove.
And you would still complain, just like you are doing now after the first SV nerf to pets recently. Your plan is little by little get them nerfed to nonexistence. Each little win huh?

Diphling

The Desperado
And you would still complain, just like you are doing now after the first SV nerf to pets recently. Your plan is little by little get them nerfed to nonexistence. Each little win huh?
I think the general concept of balance is putting everything in a equal power range, so that nothing is grossly stronger than anything else.

Bernajo

Exalted Member

Lol wut? I've stated multiple times that I am fine with the last pet changes. Those so called nerfs to pets were basically based off of superasia's feedback. Superasia, who is an avid pet supporter mind you. I'd also be happy with the mino glove requirement and don't want to see the damage nerfed, just the glove requirement. You just want easy mode pets so you can feel as if you accomplished something when you win a fight. You're being silly and ragey man.

I wouldn't mind seeing a cooldown put on the minotaurs charge. Further changes than that would simply kill an entire tree of its usefulness anywhere. Whats the point of dominating a pet that you can't trade if it doesn't kick 10 kind of ass and a little more?

Avargol

I think even if a bunny had a knock down charge it would be pretty damn powerful

I think that reworking pet system so the player has to command which moves the pet use with CDs on top of it, that would work perfectly, it would add skill requirement from the players side, and I think it would make using pets less boring and way less cookie for baddies

Are most minotaur users even using beast mastery? I don't know, but I would imagine no. It also doesn't function like that. You aren't absolutely required to have beast mastery to utilize the pet for damage. This leaves the game up to where a single player can play 1 whole playstyle, but still utilize pets such as minotaurs to near full effect.
Yes they use beast mastery… Minotaurs do not get charge without it.

And considering that I know the taming process for minotaurs, yea it actually does take 2 minutes. They don't need to be leveled super high to be effective.

Actually minotaurs are worthless at their first-dominated levels. 45-49.. they hit nakeds for 15-25, have VERY low mitigation at first, no charge, etc… They do have about 450ish hp.

*mage/doms take longer to build than the fighters whining about them.
*pets take way longer to build up than a fighter regearing.
*mage/doms have a lot more to lose when they die (assuming their pet is killed).
*once the mage/dom dies, the pet stands around scratching its head worthlessly.
*mage/doms die in 2 hits... possibly 3.
*mage/doms with minos require 700 skill points to be sunk in just for the pet.
*minotaurs DO need to have a longer cooldown on charge - spamming charge is not balanced.
*minotaurs SHOULD be a lot harder to get (requiring glove to level them or obtain them- if you see a dom going to mino caves, kill him and take/break the glove!)
*minotaurs should NOT require that the glove be on to control them as that defeats the purpose of even putting domination under the mage tree - what kind of lame-brained idea is that?

Making the mino that much harder to obtain means it should still be as beastly as it is (after fixing the charge CD). Mage/doms already have to put so much more into their characters and their pets. Might as well make the pets harder to get - but those who build that type of character are already accustomed to working hard to build it, they will have pride in the difficulty required to obtain them.

Hertix

Actually minotaurs are worthless at their first-dominated levels. 45-49.. they hit nakeds for 15-25, have VERY low mitigation at first, no charge, etc… They do have about 450ish hp.

*mage/doms have a lot more to lose when they die (assuming their pet is killed).
*minotaurs DO need to have a longer cooldown on charge - spamming charge is not balanced.
*minotaurs SHOULD be a lot harder to get (requiring glove to level them or obtain them- if you see a dom going to mino caves, kill him and take/break the glove!)
*minotaurs should NOT require that the glove be on to control them as that defeats the purpose of even putting domination under the mage tree - what kind of lame-brained idea is that?

Making the mino that much harder to obtain means it should still be as beastly as it is (after fixing the charge CD). Mage/doms already have to put so much more into their characters and their pets. Might as well make the pets harder to get - but those who build that type of character are already accustomed to working hard to build it, they will have pride in the difficulty required to obtain them.
The whole point of requiring the glove to get those max attacks is so you can't spam corrupt/tlash on a target thats already knocked down for 6 seconds while a mino smashes into it for 50-60 damage. Oh, and making reckless use of a guardian and its powerful attacks a real loss when you get killed (lose the glove). Oh and make the glove worth farming/buying, increasing need of guilds to pve to get stuff they cant get other ways.

Diphling

The Desperado
You don't need beast mastery to still have a very potent combat pet.

Still a very strong pet, considering it costs nothing to dominate, and can be trained AFK.

I've made fully PvP ready mages in less than a day.

If you use multiple stables that is debatable, plus this doesn't justify having such strong pets.

Actually minotaurs are free, and it's common knowledge that mages are one of the cheapest playstyles to play.

Sounds like a problem with your build. Nothing is stopping you from running in heavier armor, or using a race that gives more HP.

And most other players sink 1100 points into their build to get knocked down by a mino and killed without a chance at survival. I don't buy it.

Yes.

This would be a good balance to make it actually cost something to dominate the most powerful pet.
Maybe that could be what balances them. If you want to control such a lumbering juggernaut maybe you need to devote all of your mental power to controlling it, through your glove.
This logic doesn't work in a full loot PvP game. Preperation needs to only go so far. Player skill should ALWAYS be more important.

Also what the fuck with this font? :p

The whole point of requiring the glove to get those max attacks is so you can't spam corrupt/tlash on a target thats already knocked down for 6 seconds while a mino smashes into it for 50-60 damage. Oh, and making reckless use of a guardian and its powerful attacks a real loss when you get killed (lose the glove). Oh and make the glove worth farming/buying, increasing need of guilds to pve to get stuff they cant get other ways.

No, you simply don't want to ever see them on the battlefield again y making their requirements so overbearing that you know mage/doms wouldn't risk it... If you were unable to obtain a new sword after a fight you would shit a brick and whine about it.
Toy hammers are more dangerous than minotaurs. I'm all for making the mino fair... CD on charge, more difficult to get. You are just trying to negate them entirely. Doms are already focused on the battlefield.
Quit whining. Go get your own minotaur if you are legitimately that upset about them. Use them against the other mage/doms... lol

No, you simply don't want to ever see them on the battlefield again y making their requirements so overbearing that you know mage/doms wouldn't risk it... If you were unable to obtain a new sword after a fight you would shit a brick and whine about it.
Toy hammers are more dangerous than minotaurs. I'm all for making the mino fair... CD on charge, more difficult to get. You are just trying to negate them entirely. Doms are already focused on the battlefield.
Quit whining. Go get your own minotaur if you are legitimately that upset about them. Use them against the other mage/doms... lol
I agree completely... thats their whole point without coming out to say it. They dont want to see pets on the battlefield at all because it interferes with their rock hopping and swimming to get away playstyle. Just doesnt work with a cougar/dire wolf/molva/ or mino chasing your ass does it?

I do not consider chasing your running ass for over an hour even remotely fun. I have much better things to do like pick flowers or sit around with my thumb up my ass or whatever carebear other shit I feel like doing. Chasing your running ass all over Nave just doesnt top my prio list.

Your arguments will result in Dominators just not wanting to bother, just like it did with Mounted Archery back in the day and many other playstyles designed to catch your running asses, but again, thats ultimately what you want.

Hertix

You are a tool who wants the most powerful creature in game to have ZERO cost. I have 6 125 bull molvas, hoards of horses and lyks, I leveled 10-11 nitre guardians from 20-100 BEFORE YOU COULD BUY LEVELS. I know a thing or two about investment, having a couple Azur's Gloves myself. Guess what, a fully leveled molva is not EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE to losing a full cronite set, don't even get close to ogh set, but the creature can single-handedly decimate someone wearing one. Sorry it was never fucking intended for your scrub ass to meander over, grab a minotaur in < 30 minutes, spend a day training it in the stable, and suddenly have a 1 button click killing machine that can be controlled while riding a lykiator and spamming corrupts/thunderlashes. Ohh Boo Fucking Hoo you don't get your knockdown without your glove is equipped? Its still a beast of a pet minus glove, just not the grossly overpowered monstrocity that we have now, and when the killing rampage ends and a zerg focuses down your pet, oh well a couple hours of work at most. If you want the wrecking ball then buy the fucking glove or farm some yourself, if that is too much effort, than be happy with your still uber pet. Either way, shut the fuck up with this nonsense.

You are a tool who wants the most powerful creature in game to have ZERO cost. I have 6 125 bull molvas, hoards of horses and lyks, I leveled 10-11 nitre guardians from 20-100 BEFORE YOU COULD BUY LEVELS. I know a thing or two about investment, having a couple Azur's Gloves myself. Guess what, a fully leveled molva is not EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE to losing a full cronite set, don't even get close to ogh set, but the creature can single-handedly decimate someone wearing one. Sorry it was never fucking intended for your scrub ass to meander over, grab a minotaur in < 30 minutes, spend a day training it in the stable, and suddenly have a 1 button click killing machine that can be controlled while riding a lykiator and spamming corrupts/thunderlashes. Ohh Boo Fucking Hoo you don't get your knockdown without your glove is equipped? Its still a beast of a pet minus glove, just not the grossly overpowered monstrocity that we have now, and when the killing rampage ends and a zerg focuses down your pet, oh well a couple hours of work at most. If you want the wrecking ball then buy the fucking glove or farm some yourself, if that is too much effort, than be happy with your still uber pet. Either way, shut the fuck up with this nonsense.
AND this is supposed to do what? Intimadate us?

/ignore

I love ya Spirit, but you are being a straight ass atm.

All this boohoo cause you have to a wear a glove? Get the hell outta here.

No one is even asking for dmg nerfs, minotaurs shouldn't be a pet every tom, dick and harry has.
First of all, What Heritix said was uncalled for.

Second, you guys are pushing for a dumbed down system and you know it. Dont give me this shit about no damage nerf being called for, you will call for it and have in the past. You dont want "pokemon" or whatever you call it in the game or on the battlefield and you know thats your final agenda. Thats why there was a March and yes I participated because something needed to be done and IT WAS. But NO that wasnt enough for you because your final agenda was not complete. So dont try to blow smoke up my ass, I dont want MO dumbed down to cookie cutter shit without options and thats exactly what you want. You want to be able to run into *(insert city here) have a few guys run out to fight you on foot and if the heat is too much, you want to be able to run away or swim away just like that [FATE] video. Always running away when the tide is not in your favor yet you expect us to fight when we are vastly outnumbered or hanging with our newbs that we are training, then yelling about us being carebear and not leaving the guard zone. So throw that bullshit elsewhere, I have been around too long to fall for that shit.

audric

Second, you guys are pushing for a dumbed down system and you know it. Dont give me this shit about no damage nerf being called for, you will call for it and have in the past. You dont want "pokemon" or whatever you call it in the game or on the battlefield and you know thats your final agenda. Thats why there was a March and yes I participated because something needed to be done and IT WAS. But NO that wasnt enough for you because your final agenda was not complete. So dont try to blow smoke up my ass, I dont want MO dumbed down to cookie cutter shit without options and thats exactly what you want. You want to be able to run into *(insert city here) have a few guys run out to fight you on foot and if the heat is too much, you want to be able to run away or swim away just like that [FATE] video. Always running away when the tide is not in your favor yet you expect us to fight when we are vastly outnumbered or hanging with our newbs that we are training, then yelling about us being carebear and not leaving the guard zone. So throw that bullshit elsewhere, I have been around too long to fall for that shit.

You're full of shit. You're the guy saying we want dumbed down bullshit and yet that's exactly what we have. Minos are OP as fuck with minimal risk involved, you have to be borderline retarded to not see it. All that's being said is something that powerful should have risk involved, but your inability to read seems to neglect that. Either that, or you just want to keep crutching on shit to be a useful player, because you never have been. Take your pick.

Bernajo

Exalted Member

Lol, requiring a glove is dumbed down?

I say multiple times, that I am fine with pets currently, and somehow in your looney f'in mind, tell me what I am thinking. You must be a GATdamn psychic since you think you know what I am thinking supposedly. I've never seen someone with enough nerve to make up what they think ppl are or aren't ok with. Take your meds.

You are talking about a fucking playstyle that consists of pressing ONE fucking button and having a pet do a 50-60 dmg knockdown spams. You think that shit isn't dumbed down? Gimme a fucking break dude.

You want to be a shitty pvper and have an easy mode pet to be relevant. Take your conspiracy theory bullshit elsewhere man. Maybe those newbs that you are "training" will buy that crap.

Hertix

AND this is supposed to do what? Intimadate us?

/ignore

Its supposed to highlight the absurdity in your bias. So you primary argument is that "1337 pvpers" are driving hard there agenda of bland deathmatch pvp game and don't want any other playstyles to be in game, while Diphrael, the primary opponent of that exact thing is sitting there telling you why minos in there current state are imbalanced. The change doesn't even nerf minos, it increases investment and nerfs playing a mage while controlling the most powerful creature in game. But here you are claiming people are trying to kill a playstyle. If you don't want to invest in the VERY TOP TIER PETS (AKA OGHMIUM EQUIVALENT), then get a different pet you potato salad sandwich.

Bernajo

Exalted Member
Its supposed to highlight the absurdity in your bias. So you primary argument is that "1337 pvpers" are driving hard there agenda of bland deathmatch pvp game and don't want any other playstyles to be in game, while Diphrael, the primary opponent of that exact thing is sitting there telling you why minos in there current state are imbalanced. The change doesn't even nerf minos, it increases investment and nerfs playing a mage while controlling the most powerful creature in game. But here you are claiming people are trying to kill a playstyle. If you don't want to invest in the VERY TOP TIER PETS (AKA OGHMIUM EQUIVALENT), then get a different pet you potato salad sandwich.

What made me sick to my stomach is when he claimed that Diph of all freaking ppl wants foot fighters to be on top. guy is off his meds.

man, this spirit guy's so annoying haha
he wants to be OP for free, doesn't want to need to press more then one button, doesn't want to trouble himself grabbin a glove, doesn't like chasing ppl down... Oh well, I imagine this guy playing Dark Souls, that would be a sight to see rofl

What made me sick to my stomach is when he claimed that Diph of all freaking ppl wants foot fighters to be on top. guy is off his meds.
Nice Bern... so someone disagrees with you and they are "off their meds"? Way to keep it classy my friend.

and to Helvede and Heretix .. yea whatever, I am done with you.

Convo is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.