MO2 FAQ

Thread starter #1
Some good info here:

https://www.mortalonline2.com/2020/05/06/faq/

One major thing to note:
Q: What happens with Mortal Online 1?

A: Mortal Online 1 will run as long as Mortal Online 2 is under alpha and beta, it will shut down when Mortal Online 2 reaches persistent release as that game will then take over. MO1 will end its era and that time, and MO2 will start a few hundreds years later in the same world, that will be slightly changed, improved and expanded.
There was some back and forth on this in the past. But here confirms that it will be the end of MO1 when MO2 comes out of testing phases.

Personally I am glad to move forward into MO2. But I still kind of feel that MO1 could have its place as a f2p introduction to the Mortal Universe even after MO2 is released.

Teknique

Some good info here:

One major thing to note:

There was some back and forth on this in the past. But here confirms that it will be the end of MO1 when MO2 comes out of testing phases.

Personally I am glad to move forward into MO2. But I still kind of feel that MO1 could have its place as a f2p introduction to the Mortal Universe even after MO2 is released.
Burn it

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I still kind of feel that MO1 could have its place as a f2p introduction to the Mortal Universe even after MO2 is released.
I still kind of calculate on my fingers that your proposed F2P Intro Version of MO That Used To Be MO1 would cost Star Vault more in money and time (which is also money) than it would take in, even if you included the subscribers that Mortal Online 2 would get from players who might use it, if there even were any. It would make better static history than a what-do-you-call-it, free tourist attraction / historical re-enactment?

Thread starter #4
I still kind of calculate on my fingers that your proposed F2P Intro Version of MO That Used To Be MO1 would cost Star Vault more in money and time (which is also money) than it would take in, even if you included the subscribers that Mortal Online 2 would get from players who might use it, if there even were any. It would make better static history than a what-do-you-call-it, free tourist attraction / historical re-enactment?
Yeah, I mostly agree with that. But even though I opposed MO going f2p from the very beginning, one can not argue that it did introduce more players to the game.

Possibly an updated ftp MR will be used to give this introduction? As it is though MO2 is not even as feature rich as MR.

Time will tell what they can do with MO2 in less that a year. I am pretty confident that it will not have anywhere near the features of MO1 at that time. Though I guess time will tell.

Last edited:

Yeonan

Trial Member
It's safe to assume nothing will carry over then

I'm fine with that, but how the fuck do you not even address that in a FAQ towards vets?

Thread starter #6
Good point Yeon! Not sure why they did not address that.

Maybe they still do not know what they are going to do?

Some good info here:

One major thing to note:

Let's face it old friend. MO1 was a great game, but with the entire population and community, especially veterans, moving to MO2, there is no point in keeping MO1 active.
Anyway, it doesn't matter. That world will NOT be lost, on the contrary it will be enriched, so nothing happens. Dont worry

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
I liked this news very much. Not only because of the plan to release MO2 end of this year but also the remarks about boats and even a underwater continent. Sounds great, but, maybe that continent will take years to be released.

I think from the FAQ it's pretty clear that MO2 comes as a new game. But if cause StarVault should mention in the veteran section that it is a new game and nothing is transferred from MO1. Also the larger size of the continent is not mentions (at least 2x2 larger). We already can see and feel the larger size in Combat Alpha.

Thread starter #9
Let's face it old friend. MO1 was a great game, but with the entire population and community, especially veterans, moving to MO2, there is no point in keeping MO1 active.
Anyway, it doesn't matter. That world will NOT be lost, on the contrary it will be enriched, so nothing happens. Dont worry
So true! Anyone that subs to MO will surely be moving over anyway. I just hope there is enough complete in MO2 to keep people entertained when it does happen.

So true! Anyone that subs to MO will surely be moving over anyway. I just hope there is enough complete in MO2 to keep people entertained when it does happen.

By the end of the year we'll find out, let's hope the launch has enough content.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I just watched this video which has kinda hyped me in what to expect since you can see a massive improvement with the new engine and they posted a FAQ as well which talks about separate skill trees for combat and crafting which I am looking forward to. The FAQ mentions a underwater landmass and also boats so if we see that before release I have yet to see. Only time will tell.

I'm interested to see how one character per account plays out with the new skill lines. If the game still feels like it requires you still to AFK a lot of characters at once to do anything in the game and one red toon I can't expect much change but hopefully the system is more interactive where it kinda impossible to afk a task in the background.

Because lets face it...Timers. Everyone going to moan like fuck if everything just timers and timers again.

Looking at a timer for 5mins is not a enjoyable experience. If they smart they make it a animations playing and you interacting with more objects in the game world to craft something.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
I just watched this video which has kinda hyped me in what to expect since you can see a massive improvement with the new engine and they posted a FAQ as well which talks about separate skill trees for combat and crafting which I am looking forward to. The FAQ mentions a underwater landmass and also boats so if we see that before release I have yet to see. Only time will tell.

I'm interested to see how one character per account plays out with the new skill lines. If the game still feels like it requires you still to AFK a lot of characters at once to do anything in the game and one red toon I can't expect much change but hopefully the system is more interactive where it kinda impossible to afk a task in the background.

Because lets face it...Timers. Everyone going to moan like fuck if everything just timers and timers again.

Looking at a timer for 5mins is not a enjoyable experience. If they smart they make it a animations playing and you interacting with more objects in the game world to craft something.
Instead of timers I really hope they rather make tasks take longer with active to do things like Dark Messiah did with crafting for example instead of the quick mass produce way of MO.
Like this:

I would much rather have to go through a animation than staring at a timer.

Thread starter #14
Instead of timers I really hope they rather make tasks take longer with active to do things like Dark Messiah did with crafting for example instead of the quick mass produce way of MO.
Like this:

Yes please!

Necromantic

Like this:

Wow, didn't we have those same discussions about a decade ago? Good old times, man, good old times!

Just watched a Youtuber called KiraTV talk about the MO2 faq in this video. One thing he pointed out is that there is a big market for this type of game, so if SV gets it right this time round I think MO2 will succeed in a big way in the hardcore sandbox MMORPG space.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Just watched a Youtuber called KiraTV talk about the MO2 faq in this video. One thing he pointed out is that there is a big market for this type of game, so if SV gets it right this time round I think MO2 will succeed in a big way in the hardcore sandbox MMORPG space.
A big gets it right tho.

I been telling them since 09-10 constantly.

Teknique

Haha haha macro 4 characters/clients just to play 1 perms red haha. So true

Necromantic

Well, I saw multiple videos featuring the MO2 FAQ yesterday.

The thing is more and more people, even from the more themeparky side, are getting tired of it and they are looking for something with more depth. I've been saying that for a while as well. In the last decade nothing has come to fill that open spot. It's too niche for big companies and the not so big companies (as well as the big ones) often have stupid ideas or are just trying to recreate their glory days in their old MMOs with completely outdated features and just bad design ideas. And while the niche market for it is small, it's all there for the taking and small is a relative term in that regard anyway.

But SV would really have to make the world more lively and accommodating for more play styles to take that spot themselves. And in that regard there is a lot of work to do.