MO2 FAQ

Instead of timers I really hope they rather make tasks take longer with active to do things like Dark Messiah did with crafting for example instead of the quick mass produce way of MO.
Like this:

I would much rather have to go through a animation than staring at a timer.
if it took that long to make a sword there wouldnt be any on the broker. Who wants to sit around all day makings swords?

oykd

i dont trust SV to make mo2 good all previus games SV made are fails. mo2 will be just copy paste with better graphics.

i dont trust SV to make mo2 good all previus games SV made are fails. mo2 will be just copy paste with better graphics.
I dont but i want to believe motherfucker. Dont kill my dreams with your negativity.

Well, I saw multiple videos featuring the MO2 FAQ yesterday.

The thing is more and more people, even from the more themeparky side, are getting tired of it and they are looking for something with more depth. I've been saying that for a while as well. In the last decade nothing has come to fill that open spot. It's too niche for big companies and the not so big companies (as well as the big ones) often have stupid ideas or are just trying to recreate their glory days in their old MMOs with completely outdated features and just bad design ideas. And while the niche market for it is small, it's all there for the taking and small is a relative term in that regard anyway.

But SV would really have to make the world more lively and accommodating for more play styles to take that spot themselves. And in that regard there is a lot of work to do.
I especially like the idea of regional powers, and caravans that have to trek across a sizable distance which opens them to all manner of brigandary. A lot of different playstyles could potentially fill this dangerous activity, like scouts, mercenary and loyalist soldiers guarding the caravans, decoys, spies, assassins (to secure strategic points along the route without being too visible), and of course the brigands themselves.

Newcomers could be taught basic riding and given a horse, then told to scout ahead and report back any danger before the caravan convoy moves forward. The brigands could chase down and kill the scout so they can't continue their mission, let the scout pass without being seen so that the scout would think the area is safe, or attempt to bribe the scout to turn against their caravan masters. Lots of possibilities that could be explored.

I think even just one trip across a vast land like MO2 Myrland will draw huge numbers of players from both sides, which would be interesting to see and participate in once it launches.

Last edited:

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
if it took that long to make a sword there wouldnt be any on the broker. Who wants to sit around all day makings swords?
Crafters !?!?!? you know those who play the game to craft stuff, those who are meant to supply fighters with gear in a perfect MO world.

Doesnt have to take as long either simply have the steps and an animation time, would also make the world feel more immersive.
But imagine this being done to remove all timers, refining, butchering, extracting, etc. Timers suck your life force out of you, any change to remove timers is great.

Besides crafting in MO was waaay to fast and is how china shits out low quality products today in the modern time. In medieval times it took a long fucking time to make 1 quality sword. Hell even 1 shit sword took long to produce.

Thread starter #26
I know most wont agree, but I think weapon/armor crafting is one place where some randomness would be good for the game.

Having actual skilled actions could provide this in a way that players skill at successfully doing the action is where the fluctuations come from. Then the character skill could just effect how easy it is to successfully do said action.

So a player could still have a chance to produce a good weapon if they performed the skill real well even if they had a higher chance of failure do to character skill. Like wise a character with high skill would have to perform actions well to get the best outcome, though complete failure would be less of a threat.

Lockpicking in MO1 is basically working that way. Even though its debatable if character vs player skills are well balanced there.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
I know most wont agree, but I think weapon/armor crafting is one place where some randomness would be good for the game.

Having actual skilled actions could provide this in a way that players skill at successfully doing the action is where the fluctuations come from. Then the character skill could just effect how easy it is to successfully do said action.

So a player could still have a chance to produce a good weapon if they performed the skill real well even if they had a higher chance of failure do to character skill. Like wise a character with high skill would have to perform actions well to get the best outcome, though complete failure would be less of a threat.

Lockpicking in MO1 is basically working that way. Even though its debatable if character vs player skills are well balanced there.
I wouldnt call it randomness as much as quality. Bad at "minigame" and your product is bad, good at it and you get good quality.

Skill based, how Mortal should be in all areas imo.

I like the idea where its a little minigame and you have to hit it at a certain time for the best results but unless its random people will just make a macro for it and it just becomes another tedious thing to do in a game. If weapons didn’t wear out a fast as thry did in mo1 then it definitely would be a cool thing to have as a mini game. But crafting 100 bows so you’re guild can have bows and doing it that way seem like it would make people insane.

I like the idea where its a little minigame and you have to hit it at a certain time for the best results but unless its random people will just make a macro for it and it just becomes another tedious thing to do in a game. If weapons didn’t wear out a fast as thry did in mo1 then it definitely would be a cool thing to have as a mini game. But crafting 100 bows so you’re guild can have bows and doing it that way seem like it would make people insane.
I think in that instance, production on an industrialised scale, meaning more crafters will be called upon to supply the demand for large quantities of an item. A bit like the real world, as it were.

This would then drive the creation of craftsmen guilds and unions who come together to pool their skills and expertise to enable warring guilds and ordinary citizens to arm themselves with quality items, in this case bows.

It would be the opposite of what we currently have in MO1 where, as long as the necessary materials was on hand, one bowcrafter could just keep pumping out an infinite amount of bows of near identical stats at the click of a button over a relatively short amount of time.

I think in that instance, production on an industrialised scale, meaning more crafters will be called upon to supply the demand for large quantities of an item. A bit like the real world, as it were.

This would then drive the creation of craftsmen guilds and unions who come together to pool their skills and expertise to enable warring guilds and ordinary citizens to arm themselves with quality items, in this case bows.

It would be the opposite of what we currently have in MO1 where, as long as the necessary materials was on hand, one bowcrafter could just keep pumping out an infinite amount of bows of near identical stats at the click of a button over a relatively short amount of time.
Yeah i guess it would be nice to value a crafter vs just saying anyone can make cron swords? via guild chat. And the equipment would have some meaning so death would hurt a little more vs them just being shit out.

Maybe, but i am in alfa, and game look promise. Very interesting

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member

Just imagine the impact in wars.

Say a worse skilled guild with a large member count vs a small elite guild. The elite guild get high kills every fight and low deaths and has gear available at all times thus making them super efficient.
The larger guild suddenly suffers and cant keep their members with gear due to time to make and the skill it takes to make quality gear suddenly needs to pump large amounts of gold into a crafting guild making them rich as shit.

Then comes the transportation of said gear via caravans that said elite guild then ambushes in order to severly break their enemies in not only PvP but also through their trades andd bleeds their coffers.

Then also bring in mercenaries into the mix on both sides in order to keep the conflict going.

Also to note if MO2 gets pre butchery resource farming instead of butchery and you will make the area super active due to the losing guilds need for gold to keep the conflict going.

Politics would be so much more important than late MO got vs early MO.

Now to me that sounds so insanely great compared to how MO turned out where gear was of little to no importance and crafters was not valued as they would in my above scenario.

PS. Yes Star Vault I would agree to become your feature and systems planner for MO2.

Just imagine the impact in wars.

Say a worse skilled guild with a large member count vs a small elite guild. The elite guild get high kills every fight and low deaths and has gear available at all times thus making them super efficient.
The larger guild suddenly suffers and cant keep their members with gear due to time to make and the skill it takes to make quality gear suddenly needs to pump large amounts of gold into a crafting guild making them rich as shit.

Then comes the transportation of said gear via caravans that said elite guild then ambushes in order to severly break their enemies in not only PvP but also through their trades andd bleeds their coffers.

Then also bring in mercenaries into the mix on both sides in order to keep the conflict going.

Also to note if MO2 gets pre butchery resource farming instead of butchery and you will make the area super active due to the losing guilds need for gold to keep the conflict going.

Politics would be so much more important than late MO got vs early MO.

Now to me that sounds so insanely great compared to how MO turned out where gear was of little to no importance and crafters was not valued as they would in my above scenario.

PS. Yes Star Vault I would agree to become your feature and systems planner for MO2.

and not forget the bankers! ajajjaa

deathshroud

Exalted Member
Instead of timers I really hope they rather make tasks take longer with active to do things like Dark Messiah did with crafting for example instead of the quick mass produce way of MO.
Like this:

I would much rather have to go through a animation than staring at a timer.
what if some naked comes along and starts messing with your shit whilst crafting? Would be hilarious but probably annoying

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
what if some naked comes along and starts messing with your shit whilst crafting? Would be hilarious but probably annoying
Call the insta gib guard or carry a beatstick.

You know anyone can kill anyone at anytime in MO ? It is indeed all hilarious, annoying and frustrating at times but its a dangerous world. Get yourself some friends or guards.

Besides SV should already have thought of eliminating griefing nakeds with the flagging system for MO, suddenly all naked griefers cant enter the town you work in just like murderers and thieves.

MolagAmur

I wouldnt call it randomness as much as quality. Bad at "minigame" and your product is bad, good at it and you get good quality.

Skill based, how Mortal should be in all areas imo.
Idk. Lockpicking is the absolute worst "minigame" I've ever seen. Idk how I feel about having one for crafting weapons and armor.

Some good info here:

https://www.mortalonline2.com/2020/05/06/faq/

One major thing to note:

There was some back and forth on this in the past. But here confirms that it will be the end of MO1 when MO2 comes out of testing phases.

Personally I am glad to move forward into MO2. But I still kind of feel that MO1 could have its place as a f2p introduction to the Mortal Universe even after MO2 is released.

Well you know what that means....RAGNAROK PARTY! At some point...later this year...next year, we'll have a confirmed end date, and everyone who ever played Mortal Online better get on for one last ultimate conflict.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Idk. Lockpicking is the absolute worst "minigame" I've ever seen. Idk how I feel about having one for crafting weapons and armor.
That simply means you are not a crafter and only craft gear to not have to supply crafters with gold.

If having a minigame for crafting means all fake crafters stop crafting then the minigame really did its job and crafters will benefit from it and so will the economy and trade. Too much positives than negatives imo. Now I have heard of many players liking the lockpicking in MO so maybe you are simply not a lockpicker or a crafter ?

Thread starter #39
I like lock picking and think it represents the real thing pretty well.

Surely no one would suggest having it be used for other skills though. The other skills should have actions that properly represent the real thing as well.

I like lock picking and think it represents the real thing pretty well.

Surely no one would suggest having it be used for other skills though. The other skills should have actions that properly represent the real thing as well.
The only thing I don't understand about lockpicking in MO1 is how lockpicks break the moment a lever does not click in place. I watched a video of a player using up 100 lockpicks that way just to open one chest.

Not sure if that's how it's supposed to work?