MO2 FAQ

That simply means you are not a crafter and only craft gear to not have to supply crafters with gold.

If having a minigame for crafting means all fake crafters stop crafting then the minigame really did its job and crafters will benefit from it and so will the economy and trade. Too much positives than negatives imo. Now I have heard of many players liking the lockpicking in MO so maybe you are simply not a lockpicker or a crafter ?
I honestly am hoping for a crafting system reminiscent of Kingdom Come Deliverance, where you actually have to watch where and how you're hammering and sharpening that blade.

That would require a whole lot of trial and error, and produce crafters who actually have skill and precision, much like pvpers. Every weapon they produce, you can be sure that it came from a master craftsman who forged and shaped it into what it is, not because they grinded up a whole bunch of skill numbers. In this way, a weapon will say a lot about the crafter who made it, and let the quality of the weapon speak for itself.

Last edited:
I asked this quest
Some good info here:

https://www.mortalonline2.com/2020/05/06/faq/

One major thing to note:

There was some back and forth on this in the past. But here confirms that it will be the end of MO1 when MO2 comes out of testing phases.

Personally I am glad to move forward into MO2. But I still kind of feel that MO1 could have its place as a f2p introduction to the Mortal Universe even after MO2 is released.
I asked this question many months back and i didn't get an answer about what is going to happen to MO1 after MO2 is released. so now i know that it has been a good run and its time to stop playing the game to a complete stop. and stop wasting anymore sub money since all that i built all these years are now a complete waste, to include friends, guilds, time money I invested into the game are now for nothing. Thanks goodness i didn't buy the conflux package, because i was waiting for this answer. I thank all of those who came and played with me all these years in the game. but I will not waste anymore of my money or time in this.

I asked this quest

I asked this question many months back and i didn't get an answer about what is going to happen to MO1 after MO2 is released. so now i know that it has been a good run and its time to stop playing the game to a complete stop. and stop wasting anymore sub money since all that i built all these years are now a complete waste, to include friends, guilds, time money I invested into the game are now for nothing. Thanks goodness i didn't buy the conflux package, because i was waiting for this answer. I thank all of those who came and played with me all these years in the game. but I will not waste anymore of my money or time in this.
I think deep down SV really wanted to transfer at least some semblance of veteran progress over to MO2. But the majority wanted a fresh start, and to be honest I think no matter what option they came up with it just wouldn't transition well for one reason or another. So in the end they probably decided to drop the idea altogether and just go with a fresh start.

Thread starter #44
Even though it is not covered in the Faq, I dont think it means they will not have some type of carry over from one game to the next. The last 'offical' word I ever heard was that they was planning on doing so but did not know how it would work yet.

I think at minimum loyalty points should pass over.

Thread starter #45
The only thing I don't understand about lockpicking in MO1 is how lockpicks break the moment a lever does not click in place. I watched a video of a player using up 100 lockpicks that way just to open one chest.

Not sure if that's how it's supposed to work?
It really depended on the chest and players skill. Many of the lessor chests you could open with just a few picks. Some of the more complex chests did take many more. But the reward more times than not would cover your over all pick costs many times over.

Last edited:
I asked this quest

If you wanted a return for your "investment" u should have invested in the stock market lul

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
The only thing I don't understand about lockpicking in MO1 is how lockpicks break the moment a lever does not click in place. I watched a video of a player using up 100 lockpicks that way just to open one chest.

Not sure if that's how it's supposed to work?
It's working very well! You should get max lockpicking skills and you should not watch videos from people with low skill. With 100 points in lockpicking it's not difficult to open a 2-pin-chest with a single or maybe 2 lockpicks and a 4-pin-chest with about 10. Of cause a 7-pin-chest becomes more difficult and you need much more lockpicks, but the reward is usually much higher.

MolagAmur

That simply means you are not a crafter and only craft gear to not have to supply crafters with gold.

If having a minigame for crafting means all fake crafters stop crafting then the minigame really did its job and crafters will benefit from it and so will the economy and trade. Too much positives than negatives imo. Now I have heard of many players liking the lockpicking in MO so maybe you are simply not a lockpicker or a crafter ?
I'm a fake crafter because I dont want to play some minigame? I have supplied people with countless armor sets. And I was just fine doing it without some terrible minigame like lockpicking. I'd prefer not to have to keep 1000 units of an item (similar t lockpicks) on my crafters to do some meaningless minigame that will only make my craft worse than current.

Now if it was more of an active craft im all for it. But I dont want some rng system where I'm pissing away valuable materials just for the sake of "muh minigame makes it more immersive". I simply said the lockpicking minigame was horrible and people made macros because it was just a hassle to do.

I get you wanna make crafting feel more like a profession...and again I'm all for that. Leaving it up to SV to make a minigame for it is bad though. But do you really think adding this will make "fake crafters" stop crafting? The answer is a hard no. Thats like saying the addition of breeding made people not breed their own horses still. Its a joke and is just going to make things more tedious with no real purpose.

I like lock picking and think it represents the real thing pretty well.

Surely no one would suggest having it be used for other skills though. The other skills should have actions that properly represent the real thing as well.
It doesnt represent the real thing at all lmao.

Last edited:
Thread starter #49
Other than the lockpicks breaking and not using a tensioner it really does. You just need to manipulate all of the pins so they are past the shear line while applying varying tension.

But again, my point was not to make everything work like lockpicking. It was to make other craft actions be representative of the real actions required. And to require player skill over character skill to master said actions.

Last edited:

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
I'm a fake crafter because I dont want to play some minigame? I have supplied people with countless armor sets. And I was just fine doing it without some terrible minigame like lockpicking. I'd prefer not to have to keep 1000 units of an item (similar t lockpicks) on my crafters to do some meaningless minigame that will only make my craft worse than current.

Now if it was more of an active craft im all for it. But I dont want some rng system where I'm pissing away valuable materials just for the sake of "muh minigame makes it more immersive". I simply said the lockpicking minigame was horrible and people made macros because it was just a hassle to do.

I get you wanna make crafting feel more like a profession...and again I'm all for that. Leaving it up to SV to make a minigame for it is bad though. But do you really think adding this will make "fake crafters" stop crafting? The answer is a hard no. Thats like saying the addition of breeding made people not breed their own horses still. Its a joke and is just going to make things more tedious with no real purpose.

Congratulations you supplied players with countless armor sets you shit out quicker than a modern chinese factory making fake items. Heres a participation medal.

But you dont want to do actions simulating real crafting like crafters who mainly craft in games do like I myself would want it to be for immersion.
Yes I will call you a fake crafter if you want superspeed chinese factory crafting over real crafting steps done correctly in a skill based way to ensure quality. If you dont want "pissing away" valuable materials then gets good at said active "minigame" rather than want to shit out gear with no immersion making a system designed towards crafters enjoying their craft better.

Now where you got that crafting using real steps of blacksmithing is like lockpicking is beyond me, but sure continue screaming about that.

For no more confusion because I think you read other peoples posts and kinda lumped them into mine this is what I want for MO2 instead of MOs lackluster crafting drag, drop and done.

It actually helps looking through the thread if you want to get in on the discussion, rather than spew shit that has no coherence to what I actually suggested.

MolagAmur

But you dont want to do actions simulating real crafting like crafters who mainly craft in games do like I myself would want it to be for immersion.
Now if it was more of an active craft im all for it..
Ultimately, I was saying that the lockpicking minigame is horrible and if you leave it up to SV to add one for crafting it will probably be horrible too. I wouldn't be against a system thats similar to the video you linked. I suppose I just don't see it being implemented in a fun and entertaining way. Imagine skilling up your lores and having to do a menial task like that 10000 times. The whole system would have to be reworked.

I'm all for new ideas like that. But you're just posting some old ass video of another game while not giving details about how it would be implemented into MO2. You're just like "hey this looks cool we should put this into MO".

I'm not "screaming" and I'm not "spewing shit" that has no coherence to what you actually said. You've had well thought ideas in the past...but you don't right now. Stop getting upset and trying to insult.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Ultimately, I was saying that the lockpicking minigame is horrible and if you leave it up to SV to add one for crafting it will probably be horrible too. I wouldn't be against a system thats similar to the video you linked. I suppose I just don't see it being implemented in a fun and entertaining way. Imagine skilling up your lores and having to do a menial task like that 10000 times. The whole system would have to be reworked.

I'm all for new ideas like that. But you're just posting some old ass video of another game while not giving details about how it would be implemented into MO2. You're just like "hey this looks cool we should put this into MO".

I'm not "screaming" and I'm not "spewing shit" that has no coherence to what you actually said. You've had well thought ideas in the past...but you don't right now. Stop getting upset and trying to insult.
To be fair I was not the one coming into a discussion taking parts of it and yes started screaming about things I never said like lockpicking to be like I wanted crafting to be like.

Now ofc you need to have a good head on the shoulders to implement the system in the right way, and the right way with my suggestion is that you have to do said minigame from the video I linked and the better you do it the better quality the gear comes out as and the higher lore you should get as reward. So making a perfect weapon will still be a perfect weapon no matter the lore you have, the lore should simply make the mini game easier to do.

Just like combat if you are the best fighter in the game skills only make you better but you can still wreck bad players if you have 0 ingame skill and they have maxed skills. Thats the whole point of a skill based system, something SV forgot during development on MO.

Theres a reason you could smash 10 geared bad players as a naked with a sword in early MO when it was skill based but WAAAAAY harder in late MO due to gear becoming so much more important than player skill.
Thats the reason we who where fed up with it linked the features page constantly to try to remind SV how they fucked up with the game so hard.

Why keep crafting a braindead profession in a skill based game when you can make it skill based AND immersive to do that rewards quality over china when you can choose not to ?
Crafting in MO was not immersive, was not fun to do, it was simply a must do profession in order to have gear available. I mean nothing would be lost giving vendors all the gear and you farmed gold to buy it. In MO you just farmed materials through other boring braindead ways and went to a vendor(workbench) and paid the material and magically gear of best quality appeared.

Now only negative I see and have heard is "But naked griefers" and the answer to that is we have a flagging system for a reason and the flagging system should sort such behaviour, besides crafters wont be slow players incapable of fighting off a simple braindead naked anymore.

PS. Yes Star Vault I would agree to become your feature and systems planner for MO2.

Thread starter #54
The fruit ninja course is also something to compare to here. I think it shows that SV is capable of making a fairly entertaining and immersive mini game that requires player skill.

Granted it is simple and not as flashy as the other game in the video. But it is more than just doing a required action at a certain time in the coarse. You have to do it effectively using normal game actions that fit the activity.

Last edited:

Yeonan

Trial Member
Even though it is not covered in the Faq, I dont think it means they will not have some type of carry over from one game to the next. The last 'offical' word I ever heard was that they was planning on doing so but did not know how it would work yet.

I think at minimum loyalty points should pass over.
They need to pick a path, announce it, and stick to it.

We should be past any ambiguity on the topic at this point.

Thread starter #56
They need to pick a path, announce it, and stick to it.

We should be past any ambiguity on the topic at this point.
I will try to find it again, but yesterday this was brought up on discord and Henrik responded.

Found it:

BambalYesterday at 4:13 PM
Could we confirm that nothing will carry over mo2 from mo1, or isn't decided yet? @Henrik

DJANGOYesterday at 4:21 PM
anyone on ?

Big EYesterday at 4:24 PM
nothing imho should carry over except vet points/capes and lifetime accounts i think are being swapped over to mo2 accounts but none of the assets should

[4:25 PM]
although by and by i would prefer nothing transfered so we get new capes and stuff

HenrikYesterday at 4:29 PM
You won’t carry over anything directly. We are recalculating you’re net value and will transfer that into something new that doesn’t give a start lead or something like that but should give value over time in a way.

[4:30 PM]
Haven’t confirmed all details in it hence we can’t share that yet still

Big EYesterday at 4:30 PM
i staunchly oppose any stuff leaking from MO1 to M O2

HenrikYesterday at 4:30 PM
No doubt the start will be fair for anyone joining mo2

Big EYesterday at 4:30 PM
to much stuff came from questionable situations in MO1

HenrikYesterday at 4:31 PM
We got that covered

BambalYesterday at 4:31 PM
sounds good, kinda curious how is it possible to calculate the net value of someones account

HenrikYesterday at 4:31 PM
We have our ways

Last edited:

Necromantic

I did invest in the stock market and got good returns too. except i didn't buy SV shares. LOL
You could have made a lot of money if you had bought SV stocks before beta and sold during early beta.

lets just face it. there are too many questions but very few answers in reference to the actual state of affairs with MO1 and MO2.
I have missed a lot of the answers, so if any one have one please be kind and share.
1. what do we keep and moved to MO2? ballpark figure is good enough.
2. timeline for shutdown? (not the in the near future answer.) I have too many assets that needs upkeep in game. i need to know so i can dissolve them now and have a bargain sale for everyone :) testing phase can last a long time.

3. do i keep lifetime sub if i buy CONFLUX PACKAGE now, will it be transferred to MO2? or i have to sub monthly again for the game?
as a consumer, LIFETIME SUB MEANS LIFETIME SUB. but if you terminate the game in which consumers paid for that's a breach of contract. unless you compensate for it with the same or equal value.
AGAIN THANK YOU for sharing the answer to me.

Thread starter #59
lets just face it. there are too many questions but very few answers in reference to the actual state of affairs with MO1 and MO2.
I have missed a lot of the answers, so if any one have one please be kind and share.
1. what do we keep and moved to MO2? ballpark figure is good enough.
2. timeline for shutdown? (not the in the near future answer.) I have too many assets that needs upkeep in game. i need to know so i can dissolve them now and have a bargain sale for everyone :) testing phase can last a long time.

3. do i keep lifetime sub if i buy CONFLUX PACKAGE now, will it be transferred to MO2? or i have to sub monthly again for the game?
as a consumer, LIFETIME SUB MEANS LIFETIME SUB. but if you terminate the game in which consumers paid for that's a breach of contract. unless you compensate for it with the same or equal value.
AGAIN THANK YOU for sharing the answer to me.
1. no solid info given here yet. Other than something is still planned to happen.

2. MO2 planned to go persistent by end of 2020. So, it looks like we probably should plan on MO1 going down then.

3. The conflux package only gives life to MO1 which will end when it is shut down. The original life sub donations carry over to MO2 though.

Last edited:
The best activity based crafting I've come across is Runescape ceremonial sword crafting. Sadly even they didn't recognise its value and the rest of their entire smithing system is just a bunch of timers and resources.

Basically you have to hammer out the shape of blades before the metal cools using different hammer strikes. The closer you get to the template, the better the quality of the sword.

The players smithing experience influences the accuracy of each strike, which vary in power at a low skill level, in turn making it easier for a highly experienced smith to create a great quality sword.

Clearly this wouldnt translate as well for other item types such as armor but it's a starting point for skill-based crafting.

Here's a quick vid:

It sounds like kingdom come deliverance has something similarly skill based.

Having each crafting discipline have its own skill based system would be the ultimate goal that beats the hell out of making a thousand spongewood daggers or cotton robes mindlessly