MO2 Serious desync?

Thread starter #1
Been in a few fights now where fighting opponents that are hitting me from 5+ feet away on the sword doesn't even look like it's making contact on my screen. Even had an instance where I was getting hit from attacks that weren't even being executed on screen.

Teknique

Been in a few fights now where fighting opponents that are hitting me from 5+ feet away on the sword doesn't even look like it's making contact on my screen. Even had an instance where I was getting hit from attacks that weren't even being executed on screen.
Hmm guess it will be just like MO 1 then.

Its probably still client sided like MO 1. So if they hit on their screen then you get hit.

Last edited:

Darran

It's much much worse than on MO 1. People hitting from far away, no animations, damage coming late and not seeing animations on hits and often hitting someone without a parry up shows you the feedback that you hit normally but chat says parry.

To me it feels like fighting everyone on MO 2 is like fighting someone from Australia and 600 ping in MO 1.

They are probably running the alpha server on Sebs laptop in the lunchroom, why would they invest tons of money on good servers so early.

For proper testning?
Lets be real, they dont give a fuck about any of the current "testing" going on, they just started the servers to give the 150$ dollar donators a little playground while they work on the game with the money.

Really? With the exception of when I was fighting tehmudjin everything was really good with next to no desync (not that it would have helped me any I was loosing due to lack of skill not desync) and for the most part the desync when I fought tehmudjin wasn’t to bad.

I noticed that it occurs only for some players. Fighting HornyFurry is a real pain. Always getting damage before the sword is even fully charged on my screen. Maybe ping related. Don't know. :/

It's much much worse than on MO 1. People hitting from far away, no animations, damage coming late and not seeing animations on hits and often hitting someone without a parry up shows you the feedback that you hit normally but chat says parry.

To me it feels like fighting everyone on MO 2 is like fighting someone from Australia and 600 ping in MO 1.
Is there even a special parry animation when hitting others? On my screen it always looks like a normal hit, even through it say parry in the chat. The enemys do the normal "hit reaction" animation. I only notice animation when parring hits myself.

djbthatsme

They already said there are a few things they are going to try to make this less. It's always going to happen because the internet isn't light speed but at the finished product it will be way less and apparently it's a priority to fix right off the bat.

Thread starter #11
They already said there are a few things they are going to try to make this less. It's always going to happen because the internet isn't light speed but at the finished product it will be way less and apparently it's a priority to fix right off the bat.
Once the regional servers (if there are going to be a US/EU split), you'll see this less. If you couple the EU and US players, you're going to see this quite a bit.

Once the regional servers (if there are going to be a US/EU split), you'll see this less. If you couple the EU and US players, you're going to see this quite a bit.
There will be no US/EU split. Just one server...

Speznat

man seriously stop with your shitty sugestions sry, man. but honestly there will be just one server any other concept would be shitty as fuck game design like many other shitgames do. more servers for an mmo with instances, please go to your themepark games and live a casual live thx.

@Rhias dont take him seriously that was the guy suggesting no loot loss by death. it must be a new player <1week or a troll.

I noticed that it occurs only for some players. Fighting HornyFurry is a real pain. Always getting damage before the sword is even fully charged on my screen. Maybe ping related. Don't know. :/
Desync is HUGE right now but it is like CRAZY bad fighting specific people. You are 100% Hornyfurry and another guy named Crew are the worst desync I have ever experienced in a game.
Their desync was visible even when I wasnt fighting them but they were dueling someone else. Their enemies were getting hit always like 1-2 seconds before any animation.

Also it was crazy weird how I noticed they were both able to parry any hit from their enemies... meaning it isnt their PING problem, because otherwise they wouldnt be able to parry their enemies as well. It is something worse and deeper.

I really hope there is a solution for that, otherwise combat has 0 chance, 100% gamebreaking.

Thread starter #15
man seriously stop with your shitty sugestions sry, man. but honestly there will be just one server any other concept would be shitty as fuck game design like many other shitgames do. more servers for an mmo with instances, please go to your themepark games and live a casual live thx.

@Rhias dont take him seriously that was the guy suggesting no loot loss by death. it must be a new player <1week or a troll.
?

Henrik even talked about this on discord, about possibly splitting the "world" by regions (that's what I meant, I just didn't write it correctly). Having a NA continent (na server based) and an EU (eu server) continent, etc. It's definitely a problem based on latency. Fighting europeans I experience desync significantly more. I wonder where they'll place the live server.

Speznat can barely string two coherent sentences together and has the reading comprehension of a pangolin so I'm not entirely sure what he's talking about.

?

Henrik even talked about this on discord, about possibly splitting the "world" by regions (that's what I meant, I just didn't write it correctly). Having a NA continent (na server based) and an EU (eu server) continent, etc. It's definitely a problem based on latency. Fighting europeans I experience desync significantly more. I wonder where they'll place the live server.

Speznat can barely string two coherent sentences together and has the reading comprehension of a pangolin so I'm not entirely sure what he's talking about.
To help you with that, Hornyfurry is EU, Rhias is EU, I am EU, they were fighting against EU players, still the desync was unplayble. Problem is not even continent related. It is just somehow specific people having crazy desync. And to make it even worse, the specific people are getting the advantage, not the normal ones, but the ones with the desync.

Thread starter #17
To help you with that, Hornyfurry is EU, Rhias is EU, I am EU, they were fighting against EU players, still the desync was unplayble. Problem is not even continent related. It is just somehow specific people having crazy desync. And to make it even worse, the specific people are getting the advantage, not the normal ones, but the ones with the desync.
Yea, weird. I've fought people closer to me and have had fewer to no issues, fighting people from EU is always a hit or miss.

I will say that whether it's desync or lag switching, the lack of any kind of validation on the back end (or not enough), this is definitely an issue. I've had several fights now where I was getting hit from several feet away by characters who were either not moving, or not executing attack animations.

I know henrik is strongly against regional servers, but I fear not having the option this time would be like not learning from past mistakes. Even DFO had the foresight to throw up a north american server, and with the cloud tech we have now and services like AWS a north american server can be spun up in no time flat.

If the objective is to have one location, located in EU for NA players to play on, the resulting game play experience will be negative. In fact I encourage the developers to spin up a NA server so they can at least attempt to debunk the issue and see if the problem is caused by region / proximity to the server, or something else entirely.

I will say that whether it's desync or lag switching, the lack of any kind of validation on the back end (or not enough), this is definitely an issue. I've had several fights now where I was getting hit from several feet away by characters who were either not moving, or not executing attack animations.

I know henrik is strongly against regional servers, but I fear not having the option this time would be like not learning from past mistakes. Even DFO had the foresight to throw up a north american server, and with the cloud tech we have now and services like AWS a north american server can be spun up in no time flat.

If the objective is to have one location, located in EU for NA players to play on, the resulting game play experience will be negative. In fact I encourage the developers to spin up a NA server so they can at least attempt to debunk the issue and see if the problem is caused by region / proximity to the server, or something else entirely.

Hayasa

Honored Member
I don't think people understand MO "2" is a graphic update to MO "1" so all the existing problems will be ported over to MO "2"... However these issues will be amplified as they are to "redo" their programming with Seb and his team of "he, him, and himself"... I have faith and in Deb and his team to not disappoint