Modified Dice Roll Poll (Please vote)

Do you support the proposed mechanic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arigard

Combat is boring a shell right now. Mounted Combat is easy as hell to do, optimum weaponry and armour for it is dirt cheap (Molarium/Cuprum FTW), and mounts are easy to get.

Maybe not the best "I have 25% more of a HP buffer than you" mounts, but you can still get mounts cheap and easily if you want to.

RhodriTaliesin

Cronite Supporter
So your real issue is that molarium in blunt weapons like the mallet is ludicrous in damage using mounted combat. Mounts are easy to get but GOOD mounts require time and money and someone who knows what he is doing.

Seriously if you can't fight it all in a smart manner, just use it yourself.

Arigard

I feel that mounted players should have to do the same thing, currently they dont...
Majority of mounted players are horrible on the floor and don't need to worry because it's so rare they ever need to dismount to fight.

Good foot fighters can play Mounted styles in a heartbeat

Good mounted can't play good foot fighters.

The mounted system on the whole is a crutch for bad players, as is the whole pet system.

SV want casual players and dedicated players to just play nicely together and it's not going to work. If they bring in dumbed down systems and lower the skill cap the gifted players will just go to games that respect their talent.

SV should be raising the skill cap with a whole range of different routes that all have different levels of equally skillful systems instead of shitting over one semi-skillful area to bring in training wheel systems.

RhodriTaliesin

Cronite Supporter
Majority of mounted players are horrible on the floor and don't need to worry because it's so rare they ever need to dismount to fight.

Good foot fighters can play Mounted styles in a heartbeat

Good mounted can't play good foot fighters.

The mounted system on the whole is a crutch for bad players, as is the whole pet system.

I fought and killed 5 people yesterday and another person today all on foot, I'm also a deadly mounted fighter.

You're obviously mistaken and just because you and your handful of foot fighters don't like the way the game is, does not mean that a majority of people do not like the game as is. Adapt or die.

Thread starter #26
So your real issue is that molarium in blunt weapons like the mallet is ludicrous in damage using mounted combat. Mounts are easy to get but GOOD mounts require time and money and someone who knows what he is doing.

Seriously if you can't fight it all in a smart manner, just use it yourself.
So what the problem here Rhodri, with this system the better mount you have the less likely you are to be dice rolled, and mind you that you can only be dice rolled if you mount goes below 75% HP.

Did you even read the post an attempt to understand the great concepts behind them that create balance and add more skill into this game.

Not one skilled PvPer disagrees with this, or most trading players I have talked to on public TS.

Just retards like you.

Arigard

I fought and killed 5 people yesterday and another person today all on foot, I'm also a deadly mounted fighter.

You're obviously mistaken and just because you and your handful of foot fighters don't like the way the game is, does not mean that a majority of people do not like the game as is. Adapt or die.
Good for you.

95% of the people we meet that are mounted flap around and die on the floor like fish out of water. There have been a few exceptions but depending on such massive bonuses hurts people hard in the long run. That's why very few people want to start relying on these areas.

Arigard

While I agree with it, this doesn't address the balance skill, nor does it give mages the opportunity to dismount players.
They should give fireball a chance to dismount too imo until they think up a decent system.

Thread starter #31
While I agree with it, this doesn't address the balance skill, nor does it give mages the opportunity to dismount players.
Modify the mage skills to have alternate effects that can stack to create more diverse spell combinations, and perhaps add a new skill along the lines of "Destroy Beast" which would target the players mount or pet and deal extra damage. Similar to a thunderlash but much higher damage to make up for the fact mages lack durability because of their mana pool.

Like I said though, SV doesn't want to make a working system better, they want to make a newer and shittier broken system.

It's the family tradition...

sunshiner

Never implement a dice-roll in a SKILL BASED game. Ever.
when the alternative is adding nothing and just letting this go on and on, then YES they should add this since its such a easy and quick fix, and not a fix we have to wait 2 months for and have other bug fixes pushed back because off... And its a more skill based dice roll, it sure is better then this skill less mounted crap we got now..

Want me to point out just one out off many? You say one should run up mountains etc to get away? well maybe you should stop talking about stuff your ignorant about, lykiators are better in mountains players..

I think it should get harsh at really low HP...

"Mount HP > 75%-100% = 0% chance to be dice rolled
Mount HP > 50%-75% = 15% chance to be dice rolled
Mount HP > 25%-50% = 20% chance to be dice rolled
Mount HP > 0%-25% = 25% chance to be dice rolled"
Instead:
Mount HP 25% = 25%
Mount HP 20% = 30%
Mount HP 15% = 35%
Mount HP 10% = 50%
Mount HP 1% = 85%

RhodriTaliesin

Cronite Supporter
when the alternative is adding nothing and just letting this go on and on, then YES they should add this since its such a easy and quick fix, and not a fix we have to wait 2 months for and have other bug fixes pushed back because off... And its a more skill based dice roll, it sure is better then this skill less mounted crap we got now..

Dodge, block, or kill the fucking mount, otherwise run up into the hills and on top of rocks where mounts can't get you. They aren't godlike where they work in all situations.

It's like you all put on rose-colored glasses and forget what dice rolls actually do. You may think "Oh this will fix EVERYTHING, cause mounts are OP and I hate that!" But in reality the dice roll would extend to ALL forms of combat, and it would be poorly implemented or not thought through. Where every mounted person falls off after one lucky strike or arrows flying at him.

The point being that if you should be able to do it with active abilities like Spear Stance or use specific weapons like poleaxes and bill-hooks to dismount mounted troops like those weapons were DESIGNED to do.

NEVER EVER EVER Fucking dice roll in a game "Where skill matters"

If you dont have the skills or the intelligence to realize that infantry do not rule the open fields then you are going to die. Simple as that.

Use your tight packed formations with minimal spacing so cavalry can't single you out, or go up into the mountains and hills where you will have the advantage, put yourselves on rocks where you will also have a better advantage. Hell mounted troops can't even really touch you if you run around the trunk of a tree!

Quit crying, and LEARN TO FIGHT YOU PUSSIES.

Thread starter #35
Dodge, block, or kill the fucking mount, otherwise run up into the hills and on top of rocks where mounts can't get you. They aren't godlike where they work in all situations.

It's like you all put on rose-colored glasses and forget what dice rolls actually do. You may think "Oh this will fix EVERYTHING, cause mounts are OP and I hate that!" But in reality the dice roll would extend to ALL forms of combat, and it would be poorly implemented or not though through. Where every mounted person falls off after one lucky strike or arrows flying at him.

Quit crying, and LEARN TO FIGHT YOU PUSSY.
You clearly don't fucking read, with this dice roll you can't simply be randomly knocked off your mount, unless your mount has taken a lot of damage. The more damage the higher the chance, it is also realistic and I would like to inform you that any weapon can be used to dismount players.

I am done arguing with you, more people agree with me and my polled mechanic than they do you. And its not just QQ PvPers like you would think, I have talked to people in NTC, SUN and other trading and newbie guilds and they agree with this as well.

So please, just go outside and LARP yourself to death.

sunshiner

It's like you all put on rose-colored glasses and forget what dice rolls actually do. You may think "Oh this will fix EVERYTHING, cause mounts are OP and I hate that!" But in reality the dice roll would extend to ALL forms of combat, and it would be poorly implemented or not though through. Where every mounted person falls off after one lucky strike or arrows flying at him.

The point being that if you should be able to do it with active abilities like Spear Stance or use specific weapons like poleaxes and bill-hooks to dismount mounted troops like those weapons were DESIGNED to do.

If you dont have the skills or the intelligence to realize that infantry do not rule the open fields then you are going to die. Simple as that.

Use your tight packed formations with minimal spacing so cavalry can't single you out, or go up into the mountains and hills where you will have the advantage, put yourselves on rocks where you will also have a better advantage. Hell mounted troops can't even really touch you if you run around the trunk of a tree!

so much crap and bullshit in this post within the first 6 lines that im actually amased you could fit so much off it in there... Not even worth replying to that rubbish off a respond, go read the rest off this thread and youll find plenty off people who already gave sufficient answers to that mess off a argument.

The worst problem is not even their OP damage, but the fact you just cant kill them. If you will damage their mount they can easily run away and heal it with pot/mage. If you will get on rocks to hide from them most likely they will just refuse to fight, even if they outnumber you.
Now the only chance to dismount a guy is to catch him stucked inside your group or near a tree/rock, but even in this situatoin it will take decent amount of time because these lykators have 400+ HP and damage resistance.

Arigard

Then they should take out dice-roll knockdowns that all of the Mounted Combat crowd defend so much. That is also a dice roll. If people can have random dicerolls to knock people down on the floor, they can have them to knock them off their horses. Can't have it both ways and just say 'adapt', that's bullshit.

People can't adapt to fight mounted without going mounted, that's the fucking point of why they are so overpowered. If the way to fight polesword users was only in using poleswords yourself then that would be overpowered too in exactly the same way. No-one cares that in history cavalry ruled the battlefield, this isn't ARMA Medieval, it's an online game where you supposedly have choice to fight effectively in what suits you as a player to do. An Apache Helicopter would fucking destroy ground fighters to, that doesn't mean that just because you invest -number of points- into it you should get it in game. No-one wants it to be piss easy to kill Mounteds, a lot of people like me -have- Mounted characters, but you have to give people a way to counter each style in the game, even if it is difficult to pull off.

The point is about balance and risk. People on foot are currently risking a hell of a lot more than those on mounts for a simple few hundred points, unless their opponents are fucking idiots who either stand still, disconnect or crash. That is the only window of opportunity.

It's mount up or go home, one simple investment of a few hundred points nullifies every foot investment and that isn't balanced and you shoot someone 5 times with a fucking bow on their mounts and they will just ride away like nothing happened. It doesn't matter what you do to people on your end, it's completely down to them fucking up.

Mounts in real life ruled the battlefield, but people didn't fucking ride around using them like they do currently in mortal. If people stopped in the middle of a group of six warriors, they would get dismounted, overwhelmed and royally fucked, but that isn't possible in Mortal. There is no tactical way to play against mounted other than -hit them fucking hard and hope they are idiots or get stuck-.

That's it.

To be honest everyone's horse realism arguments actually only back up what ground fighters want. They want realistic ways to dismount people, just like it is physically possible to do IN REAL LIFE. It wasn't that you sat in a saddle and were suddenly invulnerable to everything and glued to your horse.

This isn't ARMA Medieval, there are lykiators, mages, RPKs, Undead, and so forth... There are people turning "criminal" for giving an accidental hit on retards standing in front of them, without witnesses, and being chased by the whole town guard... Even the pwnage some ppl manage to do is completely off realism...

Not to mention the goo'ol ressurection/respawn...

Zergi

haha U ARE USING LYKIATORS. u should know that running up hills/"rocks" doesnt matter if u fight a mounted lykiator guy also have fun trying to kill "the fucking mount" when its a high lvl one, or a molva :rolleyes:

ps. if u say jump on rocks... there are not only MC this days rhodri MA still exists :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.