Mordhau

He asked if you could set up directional blocks & attacks, like MO. I replied stating there is no directional blocks. You said there is, as seen in this quote.

To which I pointed out there isn't. I also decided to explain the difference of block and chamber, so people don't get the wrong idea and think chambering is directional blocking and similar to MO's parry & counter system - As the way they're carried out are very different, because one is a parry and the other is a riposte.

P.S You're a poopie brain
Ah I see what you're saying my bad.

MolagAmur

Good looking combat. Sadly it's in a boring battle royale game instead of an mmo.

Thread starter #25

Keurk

Good looking combat. Sadly it's in a boring battle royale game instead of an mmo.
there is a BR mode but it is having several others games modes like deathmatch, TDM, frontline, and Hord . You cannot have such combat system in a mmo, it is way too fast paced and ping dependant. maybe in future ... hopefully.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
"Chivalry minus some dumb stuff", but in that sense it's mostly nostalgia fuel.
It's a quote, so unless you suppose it's a lie-- well, it's not a deceptive statement of opinion, and I trust the source.

I've never played Chivalry and will have to judge Mordhau on its very own merits without that reference to or nostalgia for the former.

MolagAmur

there is a BR mode but it is having several others games modes like deathmatch, TDM, frontline, and Hord . You cannot have such combat system in a mmo, it is way too fast paced and ping dependant. maybe in future ... hopefully.
Yeah I get you. It's just the older I get the more I dislike game modes like that.

Thread starter #29

Keurk

Yeah I get you. It's just the older I get the more I dislike game modes like that.
i feel you really
but the gameplay in mordhau and the atmosphere make it very fun to play, and the older i get the more i enjoy just fun moments like that , where i dont care about ratio or anything,just pure fun. this game got this well done , try it if you did not you might want to get your fix from time to time ;)
somore more stuff about it https://www.pcgamer.com/mordhau-tips/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Last edited:
i feel you really
but the gameplay in mordhau and the atmosphere make it very fun to play, and the older i get the more i enjoy just fun moments like that , where i dont care about ratio or anything,just pure fun. this game got this well done , try it if you did not you might want to get your fix from time to time ;)
somore more stuff about it https://www.pcgamer.com/mordhau-tips/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

not sure if im bugged but any server that says 70 ping ends up being 90-120 ping ingame

oh well at least its better than the 200 im used to in mortal lol

Game is solid. Never touched the BR mode. Skirmish is a sick no respawn round based mode. So is super fun if you can get a group together fights feel more meaningful than like frontline where its just a slaughter fest.

Ya the fights have no meaning cuz its just a spawn kill fest but that isnt bad when MO has no fights and everyone has infinite mats so no game fights have meaning anymore.

Customization feels solid. Not grind based. Not infinite character options but you can definitely make a few different playstyle builds. I made an aids engineer that has armor and a shield and no weapon and then I just loot a good weapon lol. Build is garbage but amusing. Cuz if I have a weapon on a engineer i have like no armor. But I can loot a good weapon and have armor.

And Mordhau just feels infinitely more polished than any other sword game ive played. Its like much better gloria combat with better looking gloria gear and not having glorias bugs. While having mounted like MO but it isnt broken. And some customization. And gmae is jsut wya better than mount and blade and chivalry.

So I'd say game is definitely the best medieval combat game currently as long as they dont ruin it.

slyy

Anyone playing this should try duel servers, in the deathmatch category!
Totally different experience, fun and super good for learning everything

Fizzdar

if mo2 combat is anything like mordhau
im gonna have a good time

Thread starter #36

Keurk

You are not really represesntative of the average playerbase, there is a lot other people living in the world you live in too, you should start by dropping some ego and notice this.It would help you understand many things

Vaith

I tested this, sometimes i get fun 1v1s but never get to finish them before someone oneshots me from the back.
refunded the game - im too old

Just watched this review video (Spoiler: The reviewer likes the game a lot, but he does point out a few issues that should hopefully be fixed at some point in future). Apparently, there was a lot of LOL moments in the 12 hours or so that he played.

Why are you not recording and posting these? I've seen ppl do terrible and get like 500k views.
Well they might have had a bug subscriber base at first *i only have 60 subs*

Just woke up and started recording and my first game got prettty op and i'm going to upload it here in a sec.