More Female NPCs - You *Have* the Models, We Know It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Star Vault, you made a good start with a female Kallard vendor or two at the Kallard + Blainn village northeast of Fabernum. There were Veela animists and ...

Figure 1 (black bar added on advice from a moderator)
MortalOnline 2010-07-24 18-08-45-48.png

A Veela Animist, screenshot courtesy of @Xunila

well, it's hard to think of more from the early days of the game.

You did even better in Sarducaa, where there are more female NPCs with jobs in Beth Jedda and other towns, including the veredaris.

Figure 2

Scantily-clad Tindrem "lady" with No Visible Means of Support. Pun intended.

But Tindrem (along with Morin Khur, and most other towns and camps and TC villages in Myrland) is still, for no fathomable reason, largely 'manned' in the mercantile and military senses by male NPCs. The vendors and stablemasters are male. The tutors are male. The librarians are male. The town criers are male. The beggars are male. The bankers are male. The guards, where sex can be determined, are male-- some of them in the Far East so much that wearing their armour gives anyone a flat, hairy chest.

Often, too, they're just boring twins or triplets or other litters of identical personnel.

Figure 3

A banker, from Beta

... or one of his millions of slightly updated but still identical descendants. It's especially weird in a world where we're free to discriminate on the basis of race, species, gender, or appearance in any other ways-- we can't even hire the NPCs we get with contracts to suit our whims.

It's cool for the ladies like the one above to be strolling the streets of the Emperor's capital, but why aren't any of her sex selling food, or bags, or bandages, or being a banker? We know you have the models.

Figure 4: A Potentially Employable Tindremine Woman;
note her ring of keys & look of Nobilitas
--from Beta--
Courtesy of this thread:
https://web.archive.org/web/2016081...up-update-8-tindrem-screen-shots.75404/page-2

Apparently there are no Khurite women at all. The Risar must have stolen them all, an eternal "23 years ago".

@Marcus Aurelius said:
"I'm still waiting for the Khurite wife NPCs we get to couple with as part of being traditionally welcomed into a home and arranging some sort of business deal.​
Yep.... it's in the lore!"​

Give this gender-pixel-imbalanced world a facelift, please. There are varieties of skins for NPCs that already exist (e.g., female Tindremines), yet aren't used for Post Office Boxes and Bank Slots*. Why NOT, Star Vault? @Herius @Sebastian Persson

----
* I said 'slots'. Get your minds out of the Sewers. Where, don't forget, there should be female bandits as well.

This suggestion largely restored from one given earlier, available only in the Wayback Machine, here:
https://web.archive.org/web/2018040...e-npcs-you-have-the-models-we-know-it.157691/

Last edited:
Maybe they could just make all the cooking vendors and tutors female, how about that? I mean we don't want them to pull too many resources from MO2 right?

Thread starter #3

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Star Vault can start, because they have reading comprehension, with the models they already have and don't utilise for certain purposes.
we don't want them to pull too many resources from MO2 right?
If they don't have more resources like NPC 'toon skins in MO2, then I don't know why they're even bothering.

They can make all or most of the bankers Sidoiian, for those who love the look and endorse the idea that Sidoiians obsess over numbers.

Last edited:

Vaith

I thought you said you didnt play the game anymore?
Would more Female NPCs make you subscribe?

clearly your ignorance of tindremic and khurite society is showing. is it unacceptable in today's day and age to have fictional cultures which follow a patriarchal bent not unlike current middle eastern society? it is no coincidence that the people in sand land have more female npcs...

on a more practical note, i'm certain that after SV makes this change, the servers will surely crumble under the load from the influx of feminists who were just chomping at the bit to play this game but refused to due to ideological differences

-barcode

Thread starter #7

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
@Marcus Aurelius said it, Mats said it before that, I believed it, that settles it.
clearly your ignorance of tindremic and khurite society is showing.
When I want further opinions on Tindremic society, moreover, I will ask @grendel what Monica would say.
is it unacceptable in today's day and age to have fictional cultures which follow a patriarchal bent not unlike current middle eastern society?
That's a good question, but the answer is "no"; this is Mortal Online. If a player choosing NPCs to populate his territory and structures wants to hire bald fat guys or half-nekkid Khurite boys with or without carnival masks or Tindremine* ladies of whatever apparent caste (in place of Tindremene** gentlemen), it's all acceptable to the rational mind (price is the only object).

The skins are there, so the choices should be, too.
it is no coincidence that the people in sand land have more female npcs...
I wonder what you think it's no coincidence *to*, but perhaps that will have to wait for an expanded Lore discussion. This is a suggestion thread regarding game visuals.
on a more practical note, i'm certain that after SV makes this change, the servers will surely crumble under the load from the influx of feminists who were just chomping at the bit to play this game but refused to due to ideological differences
I'm practically sure you're trolling***, but no. This won't have that much of an ideological impact, which is part of the beauty of it.

The other part of the beauty of it is not seeing as much of the same repetitive NPCs, unless your idea of beauty is

Mr. Status Quo of the Year.​

No-one's judging you on your preferences in anything but secret.
----
*, ** I'm just going to alternately spell this term both ways until Grendel comes to yell at me. And probably after that, too.
*** CBA to wonder, really.

Female Cooking and Tailoring tutors. Also let the tindremic men lead around female slaves in chains like the loading screen.

grendel

clearly your ignorance of tindremic and khurite society is showing.
Clearly you are confusing the Khurite barbarians with Tindremene high culture. In Tindrem, power and status is earned… Some power is hereditary, if but one parent is Theurgy, the child is Theurgy, it is not the male line that decide this.
"To belong to the Theurgy caste from birth at least one, or preferably both of one’s parents have to already be members of the Theurgy caste or another superior caste. Representatives of the Tricapita are chosen from the Theurgy class."
Besides this, power is taken, “what’s gained is earned”, gender play no part in this. Even the emperor can be female. But this is "according to diffuse rules not known to the lower castes", so I would not expect you to be familiar with it.

Edit: also, Monica is likely the most well known Tindremene in Myrland. Leader of the rebellion against the usurper Komodor, Bane of the alvarin, Scourge of the highway.

And @Najwalaylah it is Tindremene, not Tindremine.

batt your fancy words around all you like, i dont see any female vendors in tindrem. ipso facto

-barcode

Thread starter #12

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Status
Not open for further replies.