Mortal Online 2 Discussion

Thread starter #2
This is a shitty post IK, but I wanted to make this Asap. Idk what to say at this point.

I'm conflicted.

One hand a new engine, single char, single account limit is pretty neat.

The other hand; it's going to be hard to keep plugging at MO until I know exactly how that translates into MO2.

Soooooo many questions

MolagAmur

"a much larger world".

Hopefully they realize Sarducca was a mistake and at least add some sort of fast travel if they make it larger than both combined. Especially being only one character. Whether we have to be naked to do it or whatever...

also...let Seb make a lot of his own decisions this time :)

Questions.
Q1. How can wealth and success from mortal online be transferred to mortal online2?
Q2. If mortal online 2 goes live, does it mean mortal online server will be closed?
Q3. ETA of mortal online 2 release?

im not sure if i should make party hard or party soft?

i hope my millions of mats and stuff and shit i have a achived will get moved to said "new" game, in a respected way, or atleast a lifetime sub for entirely 28k hours of playing this game, i hope the compensation will be generous for the beta guys that still stuck here since beginning.

one char thing is good idea if its made good, and not restricted like current mo is. than everyone should also be able to make a huge variety of things otherwise people get pissed and leave the past has proven.

I love the idea of next gen graphics real "good" graphics from the start, than new player won't directly uninstall again, were visuals are so stunning good, that people would only play just to see the landscape alone, the newest and hottest stuff pelase, and please good vr Support no pseudo stuff.

and play and test the stuff berfore your players find gamebreaking bugs like the old bank bug were tohusends of gold got lost in the void, or the houses bugs were items disapear, and stuff test your stuff before you deploy it, and test it the right way.

and thx god that you think of players that dont make pvp yes they exists and without them nothing would run smoth.

and yes please more realistic gameplay the magic shit grinding on my gears since beginning. a kingdom come deliverence as mmo would be awesome by the way. or atleast inspired form that game. what the realism and immersive factor.

but im not so harsh i will play it anyway so good luck SV.

Thread starter #8
I've been reading the Mortal Discord server and here is what I would like to add:

To SV:
Just wipe it, stop worrying about transferring anything it'll be less work and it will be better for the game.

To Players:
Look at the bigger picture, how do you think people will feel when they see a new game release and realise all the vets from the previous game are already loaded. Stop thinking about what benefits you and think about what will benefit the game, just let the pixels go, just let em go.

Compensate for: Character slots, Subs, Donations in some way
Reward vets with: Titles, Capes, Cosmetics
Let lion cape accounts, Jester cape and Fishing cape keep their capes.

*edit* One last thing, games are not an investment, you didn't invest your money to gain riches, you payed your money to play the game, and you did. You don't get upset at an arcade game of Mario because you can't take your gold coins home. If you are so attached to the pixels you don't technically own, take a picture of them, print it and frame it on the wall.

Last edited:
A few things.

1 : hopefully SV has learnt their lesson when it comes to content, mechanics & game balance - Make sure the old stuff is polished and functioning well within the game, before adding more complicated systems and new content, that end up adding to the list of things needing to be polished or reduxed. Need to avoid the cycle that MO went through. A game is no fun when everything is lacking polish and fluidity.

2 : I hope the new skill system is thought out well. With a single character only, this character should be able to dip into a few things within the crafting tree - or it adds too much reliance on others, which comes down to game population. If there's only 100 - 200 players, then there will only be a few of each trade spread across the map, ultimately creating a stale economy, as no one will want to travel 30 minutes for a metal sword, then another 30 minutes for some armor.

3 : Have to nail the balance when it comes to quality of items and their skills/lores needed. MO has in-depth crafting, but only 100 crafting skill & 100 lore items are viable. SV needs to make sure this doesn't happen. There needs to be pro's and cons, but the gaps in MO were far too wide.

4 : Make sure you study UE4 well, it is still a very young engine and ever developing and quite unforgiving on older hardware for UE4 games(such as AMD FX CPU's). Luckily UE4.21 released with a lot of useful tools when it comes to IDing replication issues for large scale games.

EDIT : Oh and hire moooooar devs. There's a lot of great artists, programmers, animators working on a lot of things for UE4. Take advantage of it!

one thing here very important:

Make all your systems USER FRIENDLY. Not easy, not simplistic, but easy to navigate/use.

That's my biggest gripe with MO currently, so many difficult to navigate menus or time wasted just clicking through equerry etc.

I have always said the last 4 years that I will never play MO again unless theye remake the whole thing. And so here i am! Finaly! I played the Mortal Royal beta but even if it was refreshing from the mmo it was too wonky for me. Not gonna resub untill MO2 though.

Why do you worry about transferring your pixels? I'm really curious, but also this is an exercise for the reader.

o_O

But-- A whole new one of these. Wow.

To Players:
Look at the bigger picture, how do you think people will feel when they see a new game release and realise all the vets from the previous game are already loaded. Stop thinking about what benefits you and think about what will benefit the game, just let the pixels go, just let em go.
Yea I have tons of stuff in my bank (shurly not as mutch as a lot of other people) but it would be more fun if everyone is at the same level at the start and I would think its mor fun to start new.

Yea I have tons of stuff in my bank (shurly not as mutch as a lot of other people) but it would be more fun if everyone is at the same level at the start and I would think its mor fun to start new.
We still have the sword of tears and no one will be crying when its gone. Fuck the mats, fuck the bots, fuck the time. New CLEAN slate for MO2.
Your knowledge and connections are your assets, use them to get ahead. No head starts.

Please elaborate on this. Does it mean that some part of the lore of MO lives on in MO2, that the worlds are connected in some way… old world dies, Devas move on to the new??

Wow, I honestly don’t know what to say...

If it’s as hardcore, immersive, semi-realistic, deep and complex as Mortal Online, you have me as a customer and resident YouTuber for the sequel.