Mortal Online 2 Discussion

That is the goal with MO2? is it just to move to better gfx engine? or is it to correct all the mistakes that ruined the first game?

Resource placement, economy, pve and everything was shitty. It had potential, but it just wasent thought through. Look at how swg made the economy. mo failed big time there, with how resources were just scattered around the map, with no afterthought on how it would work.

In 3+ years from now, I don't expect there to be a working persistent MO2 but maybe a fully promised Star Citizen will finally release or maybe not but it has a better chance of happening then a MO2

That is the goal with MO2? is it just to move to better gfx engine? or is it to correct all the mistakes that ruined the first game?

Resource placement, economy, pve and everything was shitty. It had potential, but it just wasent thought through. Look at how swg made the economy. mo failed big time there, with how resources were just scattered around the map, with no afterthought on how it would work.
Whats wrong with the resource placement? Theres some regional resources like tephra, some scales, etc.

And names should be reserved for a certain time. If StaVault would use the same account management as before then the four names could be reserved for this account. When the one and only character for MO2 is created then the player can use one of the four character names. The other three names are released, and after some weeks all reserved names are released.
Or better yet, revamp the naming system. Offer unique name combinations. Restricting names is so pointless. It doesn't do anything for imposters either. If anything that adds mystery to a character.

Or get multiple continents done at once and go with your original plan Henrik; one continent on a US server, another on EU server, etc.
No more new continents until the population warrants it. With the new 1 character only rule your gonna depend alot more on other people so we cant have a split playerbase

No more new continents until the population warrants it. With the new 1 character only rule your gonna depend alot more on other people so we cant have a split playerbase
That's fair enough, but at the moment we have two continents already and I'm assuming we're going to see both of them at launch of MO2 since they are already in MO. Perhaps this could be the opportunity to split two servers and see some localised timezones?

If you developers make MO2 good enough , not many people will care to play original MO anymore so I say make the game good and there won’t be any need to wipe the original MO - but in terms of reality I think MO servers should close after MO2 really picks up (again as long as it’s good and doesn’t suck).

We could even have 2 servers if the game is popular enough , so many ideas that we could pursue if we theoretically can attain a large player base to stick with MO2 . It needs to be fun , simple , balanced , and deep (in termz of crafting , lore , dungeons etc).

Or get multiple continents done at once and go with your original plan Henrik; one continent on a US server, another on EU server, etc.
And this could be a way for SV to raise some money. Which continent is assigned to which server location (US, Europe, or Asia) can be determined by who donates the most money. For example, if Americans donates the most money, they can have their choice of continent on the server located in US.

As for the splitting of player base, at least for the start of MO2 we'll have enough players for 2, 3, or more continents.

Last edited:
So happy all you people complaining to wipe aren't gonna get your way. Henrik already stated many times on the discord yesterday and in the past that there will be no real wipe ever, he makes it sound that they will do everything they can to transfer as much of our account value or assets as they can over to MO2. If there's anyone like me who has many years of investment in this game who still wants a full wipe for a mmo then you're playing the wrong genre...

I think you people should go play a survival multiplayer game instead, those servers wipe all the time because its not a persistent mmorpg like MO. I for one play mmorpg's instead of survival games for this exact reason, to have theoretically infinite progression and never feeling like I wasted my time.

So happy all you people complaining to wipe aren't gonna get your way. Henrik already stated many times on the discord yesterday and in the past that there will be no real wipe ever, he makes it sound that they will do everything they can to transfer as much of our account value or assets as they can over to MO2. If there's anyone like me who has many years of investment in this game who still wants a full wipe for a mmo then you're playing the wrong genre...

I think you people should go play a survival multiplayer game instead, those servers wipe all the time because its not a persistent mmorpg like MO. I for one play mmorpg's instead of survival games for this exact reason, to have theoretically infinite progression and never feeling like I wasted my time.
If MO2 transfers assets and “value” (gold?) from mo1 it will surely fail.

Also there’s a flaw in your logic: there is no previous progression of yours in a new game so as long as they don’t wipe MO1 you can still have your pixels over there that you earned ... so MO2 doesn’t need to and shouldnt transfer anything over from MO1 except for vet points , titles , possibly steam achievements specialized for MO1 trophies or some gay shit like that.

The news of MO2 results in mixed thoughts from myself. It's really pleasing to see the MO game develop over time to a new version as I really enjoy it and never want to see it die but I worry about a fresh start.

I get the point of a fresh start as we've seen some past actions that led to enormous wealth on the part of players but for some it's not been that way. I joined probably 3 years ago and worked very slowly to build up my skills and items. All the hard work over years that now allows me to finally have a house and grow it is lost. .

I realise that trying to migrate all data from MO to MO2 is impossible given the plan for 1 player slot. Any compensation system is likely to be too difficult and time consuming to manage so that's not a real option either.

Have a quick idea which I haven't necessarily thought through fully. For possible consideration if not already mentioned is the ability to migrate one toon from an account to the new MO2. Only the toon and their already achieved skills. This would help preserve all the work from an armorer or magic caster toon. The owner of an account today with 4 toons could then create 4 new accounts in MO2 which has each of their original MO account toons. I prefer to keep the bank items too but I doubt its easily achieved. Maybe lkeep toon inv which includes capes and spell books

If MO2 transfers assets and “value” (gold?) from mo1 it will surely fail.

Also there’s a flaw in your logic: there is no previous progression of yours in a new game so as long as they don’t wipe MO1 you can still have your pixels over there that you earned ... so MO2 doesn’t need to and shouldnt transfer anything over from MO1 except for vet points , titles , possibly steam achievements specialized for MO1 trophies or some gay shit like that.
Wtf are you talking about, Henrik literally said eventually MO1 will be shut down and all accounts will be transferred to MO2. I don't even care about the gold or resources, I don't even want or care if those get transferred nearly as much as certain things like my spellbook I worked on my whole life which Henrik also said might be transferred on the discord but I am just want the value compensation at least. I am not asking for a 100% transfer but a 100% wipe is even worse.... Don't ruin my favorite genre because you're stuck playing the genre that obviously isn't for you. Either way you can complain all you want but Henrik already said he won't let people change his vision like they did for MO1. Least he understands what makes a persistent mmorpg so special unlike some of you. Imagine if Eve Online was upgrading its engine and did a wipe lol.... You kids are ignorant to this genre if you want a wipe and don't belong here.

Since it is a 1 toon per account game, how do you foresee that happening? My accounts are as old as they come. We played beta 10 hours a day, we played from day one for at least 6-8 hours a day for years. We lived through the destruction of the economy with the duping that made BILLIONS, which changed the way the game worked. Starting over is the only way to not only bring in new people (who will not play a "new" game that has a majority of players starting rich. Vets will return if it is new, but won't, or at least not as many will, if the old problems carry over to the "new" game. Flat out, if it is a fresh start, we are there with multiple vets. If it all carries over, well have fun with both the people who want it that way, lol.

It is not just an upgrade of the engine, it will be a new game based on the old. Games get sequels all the time and shut down the old version. It happens in this genre often. Been playing every hardcore game since UO in 1997, so I am familiar with it.

Last edited:
Actually one thing I would like to say:
Let guilds reserve the rights to their names. Our allies are our lives and have been for years and years. Star citizen did good with reserving guild names, tho that may never come out, but if you have a unique guild name and some trolls want to take it, you lose alot of pride.

Why is there no vote from the player for wipe/no wipe? There was one and it was immediately closed, but I think it would be interesting to see how it unfolds. Better yet, I'd love to see The devs send out a survey with a number of the issues brought up here with the newsletter. There is obviously a majority asking for a wipe, but there are a few against, so seeing those numbers would be interesting. We, the players, have a great idea on how a number of things could or should go because the players play the game. Some, obsessively. I know I did for a very long time before leaving. If the devs will not allow a vote in the gen forum section, why not make one in an "Other Games" section of the forum, since it is apparently an entire new game? I have been away for too long to do it. Too many additions and changes have happened since I was active to make a good show of it, but I know a few who could do a doozy of a survey or at least basic votes. Anyone?

no items or toons should carry over to the new game. its a chance for SV to fix a lot of the broken shit in their economy and game mechanics, i really hope they dont squander it. some way to pre-register your toon or guild names from the existing MO is a good idea tho.

-barcode