Mortal Online 2 Discussion

grendel

On the subject of transferring valuables/assets to MO2:

Firstly, I dont feel especially defensive about my MO pixels, but I do feel strongly about history and persistence.
If MO2, as suggested, is going to be a continuation of Nave and its lore, (the devas live on) then I think something, if not all, should be transferred - depending on the story/lore/setting of MO2.
What, how much and into what; I have no idea, as I dont know how similar MO2 will be to MO1.

I do not think that economy will be destroyed from the start if there is a transfer - rather I think it will be functioning from the start because of it.
Likewise I do not believe for a second that new player experience will suffer from some small group of vets having something transferred, rather I believe it will make the world feel much more alive and less like a new rust server. There will be merchants, crafters and functioning businesses.

Some people complain that supposedly old duped items/golds will be transferred; please, if know of someone hording illegal valuables, tell a GM so it can be removed.

All I'm saying is after playing, interacting on the forums, and on discord... your biggest problem is catering to trolls and that's why a guild literally named for trolling and Random Player Killing took over and ruined it. How many subs have dropped due to them literally trolling the whole map? How much money was lost because they can have 8 characters and only 2 need to be red in order to steal your stuff but still enjoy the game like you did nothing at all? How many people are not even going to try MO2 because they know how a noob with a shortsword can ruin 16 hours of breeding in 2 seconds with no penalty at all? Yeah...enjoy the rest of my sub cuz I won't even play. Uninstalled lol the map is empty and the only ones left on it are the asshole trolls and noobs trying to learn how to step outside of Tindrem. Some of them literally stay in the city their whole time playing because of it. The only ones disagreeing with me are players with red characters in pk guilds and that's because they aren't skilled enough to fight anyone but gatherers. GG thanks for reading but I'm done with this game and the toxic people. Last thing I'll say is fuck RPK for ruining the map and leaving Mortal with less than half the subs they used to have.

P.S.
If the whole guild turned red after so many blue killings it might help and if whole accounts turned red. It might drive off some of those players but for every troll there are 10 people he's ruining the game for and you guys care more about that one troll subbing than the 10 people that could be funding a better game and more things to do. Otherwise you're left with 2 options, kill noobs or ally with assholes that kill noobs. Only time I got anything done was in HC when they allied with RPK because they HAD to. I hope RPK can pay your devs because no one else is going to pay to play the game.

Last edited:

Speznat

the biggest issue in my opinion was that "some guilds" ruined new palyer experience at steasm release, and griefed noobs out of game, that was the real problem were population got fucked.

Thank you for your hard work SV Team.

Please update us as soon as you know how our current MO accounts, items, etc will be adjusted to the new world. Some of us have been loyal for many years and simply don't want to feel that investment on time and funding support would simply disappear.

Patches over the time we played this game have forced us to seek different ways to approach the game in new ways. With all the changes it won't be perfect. We are grateful to you guys for not letting a game we have committed to for years and love simply die. Soo many rumors cause people to get discouraged and complain. They walk away and try to influence the masses. The hidden truth is if they did not care then they would not complain.

Again thank you for a glimpse into the future. The current mortal online player base now needs an answer to how the transition will work. We ask because we need a reason to continue playing instead of walking away or investing time into items and etc with no end result of it being something that will affect our future.

I personally am a collector in the game. I collected over the years pets items etc that the game patched or removed. it is one of many reasons I still play. I have been breeding for around 6 years now. learning as I go and adjusting when I needed too. what will happen to the years I have committed to fine-tuning stocks for the players of Nave. Many of my toons took years to get to the level I am at with them. One example is my armor crafter which I have invested over 3 stacks of gold into. To have it disappear will be something I truly will be upset about but I understand changes need to be made. I just want to know is there a way that time, money invested would be compensated in any way?

A new game and a new life sound amazing. exploring the unknown is truly something I am looking forward too. I'm not asking for a miracle, simply an answer to the unknown we are all wondering. This way we can have time to adjust, accept and move on to the better future for Mortal Online.

Thank you.

Whirl

grendel

All I'm saying is after playing, interacting on the forums, and on discord... your biggest problem is catering to trolls and that's why a guild literally named for trolling and Random Player Killing took over and ruined it. How many subs have dropped due to them literally trolling the whole map? How much money was lost because they can have 8 characters and only 2 need to be red in order to steal your stuff but still enjoy the game like you did nothing at all? How many people are not even going to try MO2 because they know how a noob with a shortsword can ruin 16 hours of breeding in 2 seconds with no penalty at all? Yeah...enjoy the rest of my sub cuz I won't even play. Uninstalled lol the map is empty and the only ones left on it are the asshole trolls and noobs trying to learn how to step outside of Tindrem. Some of them literally stay in the city their whole time playing because of it. The only ones disagreeing with me are players with red characters in pk guilds and that's because they aren't skilled enough to fight anyone but gatherers. GG thanks for reading but I'm done with this game and the toxic people. Last thing I'll say is fuck RPK for ruining the map and leaving Mortal with less than half the subs they used to have.

P.S.
If the whole guild turned red after so many blue killings it might help and if whole accounts turned red. It might drive off some of those players but for every troll there are 10 people he's ruining the game for and you guys care more about that one troll subbing than the 10 people that could be funding a better game and more things to do. Otherwise you're left with 2 options, kill noobs or ally with assholes that kill noobs. Only time I got anything done was in HC when they allied with RPK because they HAD to. I hope RPK can pay your devs because no one else is going to pay to play the game.
This, I think, is the most important issue to debate.
Do you have any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

I have no solution, or even ideas for a solution.
It is clear that lots of players are griefed out of the game, some old but most new.
Personally I play MO because of the freedom and the danger that freedom generates. I would not play it if it was not full loot/free pvp everywhere.
I aint sure if it is even possible to retain the freedom and not cater to griefers. If it is a choice between no griefers or freedom/pvp, I prefer freedom/pvp.

It is clear that lots of players are griefed out of the game, some old but most new.
Personally I play MO because of the freedom and the danger that freedom generates. I would not play it if it was not full loot/free pvp everywhere.
I aint sure if it is even possible to retain the freedom and not cater to griefers. If it is a choice between no griefers or freedom/pvp, I prefer freedom/pvp.
I might have been too forward with my hate for griefers. I don't hate that I can die in the wild that's normal pvp and full loot makes it dangerous and fun. I just don't like that someone can literally ruin days of work and have 0 penalty for committing an in-game crime that's arguably worse than murder. I don't like that someone with 8 RPK guilded players only gets penalized on one of them for ruining a game for new players at the start of their journey. I don't like that you let one guild get so pompous and so high up on the ladder and they didn't even play passed the start of the game to do it they just killed new players and stole their things. If you want to make it realistic you can't have a band of raiders rule the map with an iron fist when they don't even explore the game to get the things that make you powerful they just wait at the entrance of the STARTING CITY.

Yeonan

Trial Member
I might have been too forward with my hate for griefers. I don't hate that I can die in the wild that's normal pvp and full loot makes it dangerous and fun. I just don't like that someone can literally ruin days of work and have 0 penalty for committing an in-game crime that's arguably worse than murder. I don't like that someone with 8 RPK guilded players only gets penalized on one of them for ruining a game for new players at the start of their journey. I don't like that you let one guild get so pompous and so high up on the ladder and they didn't even play passed the start of the game to do it they just killed new players and stole their things. If you want to make it realistic you can't have a band of raiders rule the map with an iron fist when they don't even explore the game to get the things that make you powerful they just wait at the entrance of the STARTING CITY.
I think the one character per account would solve a lot of this issue. If a player can't circumvent the murdercount system like they can now with alts and dual clients then i suspect people might actually be deterred from randomly killing and endlessly griefing.

But the flagging system would need to provide an avenue for being able to go to war without turning red just because your enemies spam murdercounts even though they were part of the aggressive force.

I think the one character per account would solve a lot of this issue. If a player can't circumvent the murdercount system like they can now with alts and dual clients then i suspect people might actually be deterred from randomly killing and endlessly griefing.

But the flagging system would need to provide an avenue for being able to go to war without turning red just because your enemies spam murdercounts even though they were part of the aggressive force.
This is a perfect idea. Basically I see where they could just have you answer a prompt to join a battle or siege if your guild declares an attack. Also to "ValHalo" disagreeing with all my posts I KNOW who you are and yes we are talking about players like you lol

Like I said SV, the only ones that care to disagree are griefers that want to abuse the next game and get things just as easily. They want a reset on items and wealth because it takes less time to get a lot if you are griefing. They know they have a chance to build wealth quickly at the start by preying on new kids gathering items for them they can kill at the new noob city.

This is a perfect idea. Basically I see where they could just have you answer a prompt to join a battle or siege if your guild declares an attack. Also to "ValHalo" disagreeing with all my posts I KNOW who you are and yes we are talking about players like you lol

Like I said SV, the only ones that care to disagree are griefers that want to abuse the next game and get things just as easily. They want a reset on items and wealth because it takes less time to get a lot if you are griefing. They know they have a chance to build wealth quickly at the start by preying on new kids gathering items for them they can kill at the new noob city.
"With enough power, violence or diplomacy, you and your allies will be able to rule an entire nation." From the game description at https://mortalonline.squarespace.com/

You may prefer diplomacy. You may prefer consensual voluntary pvp. That is not a requirement of MO and never will be. You don't need to guess at the motives of other people that you don't know. Just accept the game world as it is intended and do your best. Confusion around this stuff leads to ill-fated "compromises" like factions. A waste of time and resources for a non-problem.

Murdercounts should be harsh and also based on where they occur, perhaps NPC city zones, ie a murder count in Tindrem applies to all Tindremic cities, a separate count for the Khurites, Sarducaans, etc.

There is also the issue of defending territory. Remaining "Innocent" while defending one's home or territory is unbelievably complex. It would be wise to consider "light-grey" flags as the default outside of cities. Blue in cities or within a territory that has selected the Tindremic law, and Grey for territories that have no law. Flags shouldn't be used as an offensive tactic in warfare.

Speznat

and hopefully they make the looting like the old mortal times withotu butchery, were you get insta items/rewards or make all butchery in field and with no penalty, than people go out and hunt and do stuff and sit on spawns, that were good old times.

i often think when someone suggest a wipe,

why are you not playing rust? or some shit games that wipe your progress to see time waste, dont get me wrong i love rust. but for rust a wipe fits in the concept, not in an MO.

but imagine, if wow got wiped very much people would be outraged because they hard grinded 10k hours for stuff they cna finally enjoy, and imagine that you love that progress of 5-10 years dedication to the game, and all would be gone forever just because some guys think its funny to wipe 10k hours and more progress from the face of the earth?

imagine a wipe in eve online? guess who will quit?

for some things im for a wipe, but for many things im definetly not. when i have the feeling my hard grinded effort got completly obsolet than its not so funny anymore.

dont get me wrong for some stuff its okay, but for example grinded dragon mats, that are more worth than your 5accounts all together its not funny. or some other stuff like finally a grinded stakc of gold to enjoy the next 10years withotu any grind? yeah i grinded so hard to not grind anymore. if you wipe it, you can guess im upset.
Are you seriously suggesting that our gold and items transfer from this broken game to MO2 ? You people are the reason why SV got so confused and ruined MO 1 in the first place .

SV - you know what you need to do, keep Mortal Online 1 unwiped for all the crybabies that want to roll around in duped gold and mats , but if you so much as try to let anyone transfer their items , gold or materials to MO2 you will quickly see your new game die .

Don’t let the vocal minority win again starvault, do the right fucking thing . And please announce very soon that no items mats or gold will transfer cuz scrubs like this one I quoted won’t stop thinking they will for some reason .....

Whats the problem with a wipe. It's a new game. I stacks of gold and other shit and Im willing to just let that go. Fun to start over with something new but still familiar.

However I read on massivelyop.com that wealth will transfer over?

Article here.
Massively op doesn’t know their elbow from their asshole . @Henrik Nystrom @Herius @STARVAULT when are you going to clear up these misconceptions ? If you let wealth and gold transfer this new game is going to be dead on arrival . Please make the right decision and don’t fuck this one up .

The "solution" is the mindset that you demonstrate in your statement of personal belief. You accept the risk, accept the danger, and take it as a personal challenge to improve.

People are "free" to play the victim in Nave. They are "free" to suffer at how things "should be" and blame others. They are also "free" to join with other people to become strong in mind and character, to overcome the chaos and build what they want to see in Nave. As it is, as it will be.

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Massively op doesn’t know their elbow from their asshole . @Henrik Nystrom @Herius @STARVAULT when are you going to clear up these misconceptions ? If you let wealth and gold transfer this new game is going to be dead on arrival . Please make the right decision and don’t fuck this one up .
Was really nice to read their article, glad they reached out to us asking us these questions.
NOPE THEY DID NOT

On the subject of transferring valuables/assets to MO2:

Firstly, I dont feel especially defensive about my MO pixels, but I do feel strongly about history and persistence.
If MO2, as suggested, is going to be a continuation of Nave and its lore, (the devas live on) then I think something, if not all, should be transferred - depending on the story/lore/setting of MO2.
What, how much and into what; I have no idea, as I dont know how similar MO2 will be to MO1.

I do not think that economy will be destroyed from the start if there is a transfer - rather I think it will be functioning from the start because of it.
Likewise I do not believe for a second that new player experience will suffer from some small group of vets having something transferred, rather I believe it will make the world feel much more alive and less like a new rust server. There will be merchants, crafters and functioning businesses.

Some people complain that supposedly old duped items/golds will be transferred; please, if know of someone hording illegal valuables, tell a GM so it can be removed.
Are you seriously kidding right now ? You really don’t know how economies work if you’re seriously suggesting that all of us can transfer our gold ... buddy so do you know how much gold I have alone ? I bought legit 3 stacks last summer and still sitting on them ... and I’m someone who’s actually “responsible”’with it ... imagine others who have the money to ruin the economy in a single paycheck (I honestly don’t care about the consequences anymore , I need people to know how this supposed transfer is a very dangerous move , due to what’s happening in MOs black market)

You would be ok if I brought all my stacks over and just started buyig keeps , stacks of materials , and started to monopolize the economy in an unfair way through real life money by purchasing gold from MO1 and transferring it to mo2? If you don’t see that as an issue , then something is seriously wrong in your brain. If you think for a second that a pay to win environment is ok for a new game then you need to go and look at how that worked out in any other game . You can BUY Mortal Online gold for lots of currencies right now and that’s completely unfair for Mortal Online but it’s even worse for Mortal Online 2 .

Anyone who has access to MO1 can absolutely ruin MO2 if these devs allow us to transfer our mats and gold over ... I can’t believe someone such as yourself (a long time player) could seriously suggest something like this over nothing but selfish need to “keep history” (we damn well know you are talking about your pixels and nothing else).

The lore of MORTAL ONLINE will stay, so you cannot use that as an excuse to “transfer items and wealth”.
Starvsilt please make the right decision or else your new games economy will crash and burn right from the start .

Three stacks. One man . What do you think would happen if everyone of these rich vets brought their gold ? Newbies would be uninterested to start with us, intimidated even , they would have no interest in fighting pay to win barons that got a leg up from a broken , duped , and gold selling game .

Speznat

Are you seriously suggesting that our gold and items transfer from this broken game to MO2 ? You people are the reason why SV got so confused and ruined MO 1 in the first place .

SV - you know what you need to do, keep Mortal Online 1 unwiped for all the crybabies that want to roll around in duped gold and mats , but if you so much as try to let anyone transfer their items , gold or materials to MO2 you will quickly see your new game die .

Don’t let the vocal minority win again starvault, do the right fucking thing . And please announce very soon that no items mats or gold will transfer cuz scrubs like this one I quoted won’t stop thinking they will for some reason .....
sry, and thats comes from a guy that maybe investested? how much 500hours ingame? 1k?
yeah i guess you have no problem to get your stuff wiped,

but i grinded hard for oghmium 100 and stacks of shit, that i dont have to grind in future ever again. sry that im uspset about a loss of over 15k hours and more for nothing. sry men but youre an ignorant asshole.

Last edited:
LAW will probs come back to try this at some point.

But it needs to be a fresh Start to be taken seriously imo. Nothing lasts forever as they say, so whoever expected to hold onto their pixels forever needs to reevaluate their expectations. ( I havent played in years and I could still log in now and never pve again, its a joke how easy it was to accumulate wealth in Mo)

Also please think about what features you plan to move over from MO to MO2, as alot of them have driven more players away than they did retaining population during better days.

Speznat

Are you seriously kidding right now ? You really don’t know how economies work if you’re seriously suggesting that all of us can transfer our gold ... buddy so do you know how much gold I have alone ? I bought legit 3 stacks last summer and still sitting on them ... and I’m someone who’s actually “responsible”’with it ... imagine others who have the money to ruin the economy in a single paycheck (I honestly don’t care about the consequences anymore , I need people to know how this supposed transfer is a very dangerous move , due to what’s happening in MOs black market)

You would be ok if I brought all my stacks over and just started buyig keeps , stacks of materials , and started to monopolize the economy in an unfair way through real life money by purchasing gold from MO1 and transferring it to mo2? If you don’t see that as an issue , then something is seriously wrong in your brain. If you think for a second that a pay to win environment is ok for a new game then you need to go and look at how that worked out in any other game . You can BUY Mortal Online gold for lots of currencies right now and that’s completely unfair for Mortal Online but it’s even worse for Mortal Online 2 .

Anyone who has access to MO1 can absolutely ruin MO2 if these devs allow us to transfer our mats and gold over ... I can’t believe someone such as yourself (a long time player) could seriously suggest something like this over nothing but selfish need to “keep history” (we damn well know you are talking about your pixels and nothing else).

The lore of MORTAL ONLINE will stay, so you cannot use that as an excuse to “transfer items and wealth”.
Starvsilt please make the right decision or else your new games economy will crash and burn right from the start .

Three stacks. One man . What do you think would happen if everyone of these rich vets brought their gold ? Newbies would be uninterested to start with us, intimidated even , they would have no interest in fighting pay to win barons that got a leg up from a broken , duped , and gold selling game .
you talking about economics?

seriously?

i dont know you, do you were in ichorcorp? were real economy was made for years like profiting on everyone , and provide services for everyone and rent stuff and insure stuff, and much more, you non factor talking about economy sry men i cant stop laughing.

Thank you for your hard work SV Team.

Please update us as soon as you know how our current MO accounts, items, etc will be adjusted to the new world. Some of us have been loyal for many years and simply don't want to feel that investment on time and funding support would simply disappear.

Patches over the time we played this game have forced us to seek different ways to approach the game in new ways. With all the changes it won't be perfect. We are grateful to you guys for not letting a game we have committed to for years and love simply die. Soo many rumors cause people to get discouraged and complain. They walk away and try to influence the masses. The hidden truth is if they did not care then they would not complain.

Again thank you for a glimpse into the future. The current mortal online player base now needs an answer to how the transition will work. We ask because we need a reason to continue playing instead of walking away or investing time into items and etc with no end result of it being something that will affect our future.

I personally am a collector in the game. I collected over the years pets items etc that the game patched or removed. it is one of many reasons I still play. I have been breeding for around 6 years now. learning as I go and adjusting when I needed too. what will happen to the years I have committed to fine-tuning stocks for the players of Nave. Many of my toons took years to get to the level I am at with them. One example is my armor crafter which I have invested over 3 stacks of gold into. To have it disappear will be something I truly will be upset about but I understand changes need to be made. I just want to know is there a way that time, money invested would be compensated in any way?

A new game and a new life sound amazing. exploring the unknown is truly something I am looking forward too. I'm not asking for a miracle, simply an answer to the unknown we are all wondering. This way we can have time to adjust, accept and move on to the better future for Mortal Online.

Thank you.

Whirl
Jesus Christ people are literally clinging onto their items and built up wealth as if they thought the entire time that it would transfer into some silly sequel ... I’m so disappointed to see my “hardcore” brethren get so damn addicted to in game gear that they are willing to destroy the future of the entire franchise in that selfish feeling alone ... I feel like you will take it easier than the others comaplaining about how their time will now be wasted (didn’t you have any fun while you were doing it ? Because that’s the point of video games , not to fucking stock pile millions of pixels for some shadowy unforeseen future time FFS) but still this is a huge grievance to the progress of MO2 .

Speznat

Jesus Christ people are literally clinging onto their items and built up wealth as if they thought the entire time that it would transfer into some silly sequel ... I’m so disappointed to see my “hardcore” brethren get so damn addicted to in game gear that they are willing to destroy the future of the entire franchise in that selfish feeling alone ... I feel like you will take it easier than the others comaplaining about how their time will now be wasted (didn’t you have any fun while you were doing it ? Because that’s the point of video games , not to fucking stock pile millions of pixels for some shadowy unforeseen future time FFS) but still this is a huge grievance to the progress of MO2 .
i hate grind thats why i stockpiled so muhc that i dont have to grind the next 10 years and enjoy the game and dying 10k times with gear. I know you cant relate to because you have nothing thats why a wipe comes in handy for you, but guess what will happen after 3 years, the most people will have the same stockpile amount again? what will you do wipe again?