Mortal Online 2 Discussion

does it matter if the items are duped or not? What if someone has 10 legit stacks of some endgame resource - is that less harmful to a game on its launch than 10 duped stacks?

In terms of gold and economy; Eventual inflation can’t be avoided that is true, but why kickstart a game destined for a steam release with the economy of a 10 year old game?

Final point: in MO, a powerful guild could blacklist a solo player from any town where their 6 year mission of making the perfect mount took place and that is it- their legacy would end right there. The concept of persistence in a sandbox MMO as free as this is ambiguous - nothing you see as constant is ever safe, surely?

Last edited:
There isn't going to be a wipe, and there will be a transfer of characters as they have promised and stated repeatedly, posts get delete that mention wipe as well as threads and on MO Discord the word is banned for a reason.

MO2 is not going to be a new fucking game, its the same Mortal Online same races, same land same everything, but with a engine upgrade and slightly updated skills(which they have already started doing in the current game)

When will this all be? My guess would be 3+ years before anything persistent is released, if it ends up happening at all.

So all you who don't have a subbed account and don't play MO, but demand everyone that subscribes and does play MO to accept the wipe, you can drop it because it isn't happening as SV and Henrik himself have stated time and time again in a plethora of locations

Deal with it

There isn't going to be a wipe, and there will be a transfer of characters as they have promised and stated repeatedly, posts get delete that mention wipe as well as threads and on MO Discord the word is banned.

MO2 is not a new fucking game, its the same Mortal Online same races, same land same everything, but with a engine upgrade and slightly updated skills(which they have already started doing in the current game)

When will this all be? My guess would be 3+ years before anything persistent is released, if it ends up happening at all.

So all you who don't have a subbed account and don't play MO, but demand everyone that subscribes and does play MO to accept the wipe, you can drop it because it isn't happening as SV and Henrik himself have stated time and time again in a plethora of locations

Deal with it
I think they will do the right thing, and wipe the shit out of it

Deal with it :p?

Golgotha

There isn't going to be a wipe, and there will be a transfer of characters as they have promised and stated repeatedly, posts get delete that mention wipe as well as threads and on MO Discord the word is banned.

MO2 is not a new fucking game, its the same Mortal Online same races, same land same everything, but with a engine upgrade and slightly updated skills(which they have already started doing in the current game)

So all you who don't play MO, but demand everyone that does play MO to accept the wipe, you can drop it because it isn't happening
What an grandiose waste of time and resources it will be, then. May keep some people hanging on longer than they would have previously though. So there is that.. ?

As I said first, the only problem I see is the rumours of large amounts of duped vauables. Those illegal goods need to be deleted.
There are no more "large" amounts of duped items left and there haven't been in a long while, just boggy stories told by disgruntled ex-players

Yeonan

Trial Member
What an grandiose waste of time and resources it will be, then. May keep some people hanging on longer than they would have previously though. So there is that.. ?
Why is that in your mind? Why wouldnt people want to play an upgraded and presumably improved version of current MO?

I think they will do the right thing, and wipe the shit out of it

Deal with it :p?
Accept I am right, both SV and Henrik have already confirmed it.

You can make up whatever fantasy you want in your head, but in the real world my words are fact

Accept I am right, both SV and Henrik have already confirmed it.

You can make up whatever fantasy you want in your head, but in the real world my words are fact
Hey now, this is a civil discussion and everyone is entitled to their own belief,

you have paraphrased the meaning of, what was it, “wealth will be transferred in a new form” to fit your own belief, as have I

You also can’t take anything the devs have said as fact either, since they are contradicting themselves across and within the media platforms

Hey now, this is a civil discussion and everyone is entitled to their own belief,

you have paraphrased the meaning of, what was it, “wealth will be transferred in a new form” to fit your own belief, as have I

You also can’t take anything the devs have said as fact either, since they are contradicting themselves across and within the media platforms
SV and Henrik have publicly stated there will not be a wipe and characters will be transferred.

You can make of that what you will and however you wish to interpret it, but I personally see it as them(the Company and the CEO) saying that there will not be a wipe and characters will be transferred... YMMV

SV and Henrik have publicly stated there will not be a wipe and characters will be transferred.

You can make of that what you will and however you wish to interpret it, but I personally see it as them(the Company and the CEO) saying that there will not be a wipe and characters will be transferred... YMMV
Yes I can see the posts where Henrik and Seb are saying that they will not wipe MO1, I can see the posts saying that the deva will live on and characters will be transferred, but I can’t see anything explicit about items being transferred over from MO1 to MO2. And my belief is that SV will not transfer items over from MO1 to MO2. I do not believe that my 12 stacks of pansar and 300g will join me when I log into MO2 for the first time

Yes I can see the posts where Henrik and Seb are saying that they will not wipe MO1, I can see the posts saying that the deva will live on and characters will be transferred, but I can’t see anything explicit about items being transferred over from MO1 to MO2. And my belief is that SV will not transfer items over from MO1 to MO2. I do not believe that my 12 stacks of pansar and 300g will join me when I log into MO2 for the first time
1.) They have already said publicly no wipe and transfer of characters and wealth for MO2, but you go ahead and believe differently if that makes you feel better.

2.) MO2 will be Mortal Online, same races, same continents same everything with a engine upgrade and updated skills(as they are starting to do now in the current game), it is not a different fucking game but a continuation of Mortal Online using UE4 instead of UE3.5

3.) MO2 does not exist.

1.) They have already said publicly no wipe and transfer of characters and wealth for MO2, but you go ahead and believe differently if that makes you feel better.

2.) MO2 will be Mortal Online, same races, same continents same everything with a engine upgrade and updated skills(as they are starting to do now in the current game), it is not a different fucking game but a continuation of Mortal Online using UE4 instead of UE3.5

3.) MO2 does not exist.
1.) you have paraphrased the meaning of, what was it, “wealth will be transferred in a new form” to fit your own belief, as have I

2.) i kind of think the same as you about the characters and systems, just not the wealth part (see 1.)

3.) yes. If it did exist there would be nothing to discuss?

1.) you have paraphrased the meaning of, what was it, “wealth will be transferred in a new form” to fit your own belief, as have I

2.) i kind of think the same as you about the characters and systems, just not the wealth part (see 1.)

3.) yes. If it did exist there would be nothing to discuss?
I'm just giving you factual statements, you can choose to believe whatever you want son

What I mean about MO2 not existing is that there has been more talked about MO2 on this forum alone then actual code written for it, we might as well be talking about WoW2 or SWG2 as those have just as much chance of existing if not more than MO2

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
No wipe would not make any sense because of transferring all skills/items/houses from all four characters on an account into one character. I would not believe that unless StarVault definitely says something like this.

I'm rather thinking they are planning to use all old accounts and transfer the subscription time (as they already said that lifetime subscriptions will stay for MO2) and donations titles and cosmetic stuff like capes.

No wipe would not make any sense because of transferring all skills/items/houses from all four characters on an account into one character. I would not believe that unless StarVault definitely says something like this.

I'm rather thinking they are planning to use all old accounts and transfer the subscription time (as they already said that lifetime subscriptions will stay for MO2) and donations titles and cosmetic stuff like capes.
I'm just telling you what they have said, I really haven't a clue how they are going to do anything, I honestly don't think they do either.

They mentioned transfers of characters and wealth, like Stormpchops, you can believe whatever makes you happy son, I'm just quoting factual statements, if you want to cover your ears and go Na Na Na, you knock yourself out and get down with your bad self, you be you

Whether house's and TC will transfer, they have made no mention of either

In a sense some characters are being wiped since there will only be one character instead of 4 on accounts. Of coarse they could make it where every character can be subbed individually. But many players have multiple accounts as it is. On top of that there will be no F2P access. So it is likely that the majority of characters will no longer be accessible.

On the other hand if they change things into something else as suggested then maybe everything on all characters could be considered. The question there would be what that other thing is. Even that could seem wipe like since you wont actually have your characters or things.

It all seems pretty interesting to me no matter what happens. Though I hope they can still move forward on previous plans/projects while developing MO2.

Last edited:
Honestly I'd even go further and have scheduled wipes every 3/6/12 months (whatever fits best) to keep the game fresh and interesting. Sort of like how Path of Exile and such have ladder seasons.
Having played persistent-world online games since early 1990's, I found 18 ~ 24 month wipes to be the best.

And from the shore, I heard the crying. An island of noobs, just beyond sight, drifting in the chaos of an ill-fated public relations storm, wanting nothing more than to be given life in Nave. I was sad.