Mortal Online 2 Discussion

Cards

I would come back if it was a complete and total wipe in the new game, if you let all the people who have farmed up materials (including myself) take that over to the new game it will completely remove any and all challenge from the new game. The reason i currently have stopped playing is just that in itself. Their is no more challenge, t/c has made it far too easy to stockpile the best resources in the game and that being said: the pvp loss/satisfaction ratio went right out the window. The only compensation i can see that i would consider fair would be basic equipment that can be redeemed a limited number of times for veterans, somewhat similar to the tool redeemable that LiF had, they weren't the best, but they allowed you to get started.

My thoughts on the single character or account, honestly i hate and love this. I enjoyed LiF in the sense that a character could have a certain number of points for crafting and combat, that on a smaller scale would promote player to player trade which in my opinion is a +. That being said it would highly depend on how you did it. I'd like a system where a character that is skilled in sword fighting for example also has a bonus added onto them for sword crafting. That is realistic in the sense that someone who knows how to use a sword would better be able to make one and vise versa.

The world being bigger is also a positive so long as basic resources are spread a lot more evenly through the map. Finally please for the love of god don't do what all the other game developers are doing by releasing early access builds of the game that never ever get finished or fixed. I want a full product that works 99% of the time on release rather than following a game for years in beta only to be fucked over every other update by a new bug or lack of optimisation.

Last edited:
If this is pulled off then you could easily draw some new blood and a lot of old blood back. Give people some titles/capes/loin-clothes etc for what they've done in MO and wipe the rest. There's a chance to wash away a lot of shit and actually learn from the mistakes made over the years. I'll wager there's already former vets who are turned off at the prospect of people keeping shit from MO 1 and it'll kill the chances of new players joining stone dead.

Sounds like the only remaining move, didn't think it'd happen.
I hope you keep combat as immersive as it is today but only, you know, less buggy.
It's kinda scary hearing you want an even bigger world. - That would require an even bigger population, as it is today sarducca acts as a divide of an already small population. Add all the continents you want just don't make them big and empty.

And for god sake take care of the population, burn some of that history from player populations into the actual world. It doesn't make sense that some of the biggest towns and villages are the most empty ones.

Cards

Edited that last post. thought id go into more detail about everything said.

grendel

I like the idea of the Devas moving on, if the lore and story of it is good and immersive. Of course I dont know how they plan to do this, but I very much doubt that some vets will start MO2 with everything they had in MO.

I would come back if it was a complete and total wipe in the new game, if you let all the people who have farmed up materials (including myself) take that over to the new game it will completely remove any and all challenge from the new game. The reason i currently have stopped playing is just that in itself. Their is no more challenge, t/c has made it far too easy to stockpile the best resources in the game and that being said: the pvp loss/satisfaction ratio went right out the window. The only compensation i can see that i would consider fair would be basic equipment that can be redeemed a limited number of times for veterans, somewhat similar to the tool redeemable that LiF had, they weren't the best, but they allowed you to get started.
Agreed, a fresh start in MO2 would allow for the "Great race", where every resource will be constested - Animals, ores, wood etc People will be fighting over towns with these resources handy. Basically everyone is on even ground and being apart of the race of wealth and power. Which is the best part of any game, the beginning.

It would give people something to work towards, create a living and breathing world. If we get our wealth transferred from MO, people wont be doing much, apart from trying to establish their presence in a town so they can spend their 1000s of gold on securing the territory = Boring. I rather be fighting for every bit of wealth I acquire, as I know everyone else is doing the same. Fresh economy, fresh politics and most of all, none of the duped and hoarded masses of resources and gold plaguing the game from the start.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member

Vaith

. Similarly this is not an entirely new game and people who achieved wealth and success in Mortal will find that transferred to the new game in a new form.
"Hey how did you get all those stacks of gold already?"
- "Fishing macro in Mortal online 1 xD xD xD "
[GAME RUINED]

Dont do it Henrik.
If you HAaAaaAve to give something then give them Veteran Points, Cape or Title.

But the politics won't be any more fresh than they were the first time around.

Which is only natural and normal.
Will bring politics back to the way it should be. Pacts/alliances formed for mutual benefit, for resources & territory. Back stabbing will happen, people switching sides will happen. Will be a nice breath of fresh air, from the stale and predictable politics of MO aka "Omg u KiLl My Tc GuArD, I bUiLd wall, GeT mAd KiDdO" *Insert racist remark*

You guys should do a full wipe on items, allow people to carry a character with titles and skills maybe, we had so many problems with dupers that I think allowing people to transfer money to the new game is a really bad idea.

Also, I'm here for PvP feedback if you want, thats the main reason I used to play mortal anyway.

phyzm

Just wanted to say im super excited, always thought MO2 is the path Starvault should take. I dont think wealth should transfer over tho. Even if It benefits me personally i dont think itll be good for the game. A new game is a fresh start with everyone on the same playing field. Starvault is under no obligation to taint a new game with peoples unrealistic expectations that what they did in Mortal is for life. Hell isnt mortal still in beta? Alot of BS has gone down over the years, just wipe it. We want vets and new players to join, wealth transfer doesnt do that. Starting a new game where certain players and guilds will have an advantage is a terrible idea. However the problem lies with wanting to continue to play knowing theres a new game coming. But still...Compensate people with things that dont actually give them an advantage like sub time, cosmetics, or some sort of prestige like titles. If theres only going to be 1 character slot, it needs to be able to do alot of things. I want to be able to craft, gather, pve and pvp. Thats one of the things that makes mortal so great. It has the best crafting/gathering/exploring elements of any game period. Spice up the PvE and dont even get me started. But someone should be able to delve into those things and still have an ungimped pvp character. If the concern is P2W just include the character slots with game like you did in the beginning otherwise needing multiple accounts will be more of a neccesity than ever. The only issue ive ever had with character slots is the one needed for butchery and unnecessary logging of characters. Dont know how to feel about it or what the solution would be. Good luck tho!

Stowater

Silver Supporter
Don't transfer anything from MO to MO2, maybe give those of us that were around a while some titles or something cosmetic, but don't let us bring any of the mats or gold or anything like that from MO. I am extremely excited about this. Please stick to the one character. one account thing, for the love of god lol. Having to switch between 20 characters to get things done was ridiculous, and removing the ability to do that will force people to work together. I love this.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Similarly people who paid for lifetime subscriptions to Mortal will see them continue with it's successor.

We would like to restrict all players to one character and one account. We originally wanted to do that, and we will look again into whether this can be done in the new game.
I paid originally for three character slots and then later for a fourth, all on one account.

I believe I'm probably not alone in that.

People who've done the same had better get the slots they paid for back when you needed them (or, at least, their money), don't you think? Asking for everyone and no-one in particular.

[Good thing I'm not facing a decision like this-- I've just never heard of this happening in a multi-character--per-player game before.

The alternatives are:

1. to buy two or three more copies of the game, IF STARVAULT WILL EVEN ALLOW THAT, and try to remake what you had, or
  2. decide which characters to amputate, which avatars to abandon, which personas to no longer pursue.
2.1 Add in the inevitable unreliability of getting <Your Character Name> back. There *will* be screw-ups.
For some players this will be no sweat-- they only had 'alts' to cheerlessly grind through routines & chores they found dull. Others enjoyed the functions and interactions of more than one slot. Just a griefing tool? Well, speak for yourself.

NUMBER 1 looks like money-grabbing and money-grubbing of the worst sort, and no amount of fan-boy disapproval at our saying so can make it look like anything else. But the new players, if there is any amount of them over a few thousand, will always outnumber the veterans-- and they won't care. So, charge (and I do mean *charge*) ahead, SV.]

Last edited:

Vaith

There is potential here to put MO2 in different Timeline than MO1.. imagine Nave in the past with the dwarven tunnels being more fleshed out and stuff. Underground city (Ironforge)

And also make real dwarves this time, not these fake dwarves.

Pherion

Trial Member
Idk what is planned for the 1 char thinkg but as a wish i thought it would be nice to be able to fully master 1 fighting style and 1 crafting/gathering style. It might be too "casual" but if you level up weaponcrafting but whant to craft armors instead. You switch to armorcrafting and have to level up thoes skills but you still keep your weaponcrafting skills but cant use them while you are a armorcrafter. The other option is to keep it as it is so you have to start from square 1 and when you want to switch back again you have to relearn all skills. Maybe there is a good solution in between?

Vaith

Just keep a MO1 server online so the crybabys can loggin and look at their 4 character slots and open the bank window to see their useless "wealth".

Problem solved.

Cards

I'm glad to read that everyone is supporting the no item transfer. It gives me hope.

Yeonan

Trial Member
I've been reading the Mortal Discord server and here is what I would like to add:

To SV:
Just wipe it, stop worrying about transferring anything it'll be less work and it will be better for the game.

To Players:
Look at the bigger picture, how do you think people will feel when they see a new game release and realise all the vets from the previous game are already loaded. Stop thinking about what benefits you and think about what will benefit the game, just let the pixels go, just let em go.

Compensate for: Character slots, Subs, Donations in some way
Reward vets with: Titles, Capes, Cosmetics
Let lion cape accounts, Jester cape and Fishing cape keep their capes.

*edit* One last thing, games are not an investment, you didn't invest your money to gain riches, you payed your money to play the game, and you did. You don't get upset at an arcade game of Mario because you can't take your gold coins home. If you are so attached to the pixels you don't technically own, take a picture of them, print it and frame it on the wall.
You make good points here, and im inclined to agree.

The only thing im having trouble wrapping my head around is the time spent building my characters wont translate.

Like just for instance I finally got every armor book in the game maxed along with all the backings

Knowing none of that will transfer over kind of stings a bit

Not because of pixels or I couldn't stand losing anything but the one thing I really enjoy about this game is the character building

Working to get all the different skills for crafters and regular characters was fun because you are constantly building towards something: a more complete character

Knowing thats getting "wiped" in the near future hurts my motivation to do it.

Think about how many people have tried to come back since the breach and couldn't recover their accounts so they never came back

That time investment and characters should count for something

But I do recognize you don't want vets having a big leg up on new players

I don't know how they can reconcile this to be honest

grendel

I don't know how they can reconcile this to be honest
Yea, I am very curious about how they will do this. As long as we dont know, I can't really be be pro or con the transfer of "something". It could be a gamebreaker or not, depends on what they plan to do. I love the idea of the Deva moving on, some sort of lore and history continues, and this:

" Similarly this is not an entirely new game and people who achieved wealth and success in Mortal will find that transferred to the new game in a new form"

I hardly think this means a transfer of gold and mats.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Yea, I am very curious about how they will do this. As long as we dont know, I can't really be be pro or con the transfer of "something". It could be a gamebreaker or not, depends on what they plan to do. I love the idea of the Deva moving on, some sort of lore and history continues, and this:

" Similarly this is not an entirely new game and people who achieved wealth and success in Mortal will find that transferred to the new game in a new form"

I hardly think this means a transfer of gold and mats.
What else could it mean? I'm stumped.

I'm thinking the best solution is actually to let everyone purchase the new game, regardless of what they bought before and had, before. People (male people in particular) tend to value most what they have paid for.