Mortal Online 2 Discussion

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
I'd like to see regional economies, none of which has everything it needs to craft all items.

back at the start, portable extraction tools didnt exist. fab had a crusher, meduli a grinder and grizzly. if you wanted to get the yields from any specific extraction tool, you had to risk and transport your mats to the other tool. You still see that now to a lesser degree, if you want to use the blast furnace or g.nat, you gotta bring your mats to them.

If it was hours travel between towns, any given area would see items that come mainly from the stuff you can gather in that area. People risking the transport of mats could reap great rewards, but also with great risk. imagine if sarducaa only had saburra, myrland only granum, and lykia only calx. scale it up so travel time is significant and suddenly people will use the mats they have available instead of only the finest ogh. iron would rule myrland, cuprum in sarducaa, and lykia would be full of animal mats.

all this being said, i'm not sure how then to spur conflict between the regions thats exciting, surely transporting goods for hours would lead to a ton of boredom and a brief flash of excitement as you get jumped by literally an entire continent.

-barcode
Yes and the fact that back then we where forced to leave the town guardzones in order to do anything but socializing with other blue players.

This made bands of bandits to camp the areas close to towns and areas with certain resources, meaning traveling between towns was so much more dangerous than after butchering its atm laughable.

Bandits running rampant creates more interaction as there will always be a reckoning and a need for anti PK and "knightly" characters.

One of the biggest faults SV did was butchery because that alone ruined the insane amounts of player interaction that where present.
And as you said portables threw it further down, then TC and walls simply demolished the little left.

Speznat

Yes and the fact that back then we where forced to leave the town guardzones in order to do anything but socializing with other blue players.

This made bands of bandits to camp the areas close to towns and areas with certain resources, meaning traveling between towns was so much more dangerous than after butchering its atm laughable.

Bandits running rampant creates more interaction as there will always be a reckoning and a need for anti PK and "knightly" characters.

One of the biggest faults SV did was butchery because that alone ruined the insane amounts of player interaction that where present.
And as you said portables threw it further down, then TC and walls simply demolished the little left.
yeah i agree butchery was the worst they did in all this year sin my opinion, it killed the intention to go out and hunt for shit.
I still hate butchery, it was mcuh more fun before this shit got implemented, people go out together and camp and sit longer at spawns to fill there bag with materials it was simplier to make materials and money and it was more fun because PK players hat more intention so search for farmign players because they know they stay longer at spots, with butchery they killed the flow of the game wich made the PVE/farming gameplay fluid. now the same is not possible no you have to stand afk wich is completly nonsense on butcher table for 1,5Hours just to do the same stuff as before

sry for the hard words but before buthcery was much better,
also i woulnd't haave a problem with butchery if it would require to hunt down for exmaple 1 razoback and you have to sling it on your horse go to town and someone need to bcuhter it and it have for example the same materials as 8-12 stacks carcass, then yes butchery would be fun.

SHORT ANSWER:
im very sry to say that the flow of farming was better before btuchery got implemented in my opinion, more pvp happened and it was easier for new players to gain direct reward for farmign creatures,

with butchery you killed the easy accessability of direkt reward so people do other stuff and not farm outside the standard mobs because why they dont have a butcher or they dont get the same stuff as in field buthcery so why bother, they do other stuff instead

Last edited:
dont let players off noob island until they pay.
This is the secret to not having MO in any iteration get swarmed. If we'd always had a newb island, then this is the way it should have always been.

This is the secret to not having MO in any iteration get swarmed. If we'd always had a newb island, then this is the way it should have always been.
It also stops people from getting the false impression of "pay to win". Because you're paying to progress out of the starter area, essentially buying/subscribing to the game. And then you can safely assume you've had enough exposure or a demo of the game to decide if you want to pay for it or not.

With so many good MMOs coming in next 3-5 years, lets see what they can do with their second game. Definitely good newes for any full-pvp sandbox MMO fans.

As someone who use UE4 for some personal proyects, this is a big task. Wish you the best SV team!

I've been reading the Mortal Discord server and here is what I would like to add:

To SV:
Just wipe it, stop worrying about transferring anything it'll be less work and it will be better for the game.

Exactly, its time to not be greedy or selfish but think about the future long-term and giving the chance to everyone, old and new players, to come to play a new game with same rules and opportunities.

Last edited:
I’d say it’s probably a good idea to change butchery tables to allow faster timer countdown rather than better yield. Basically to simulate the notion that the butchery table has a massive cleaver and other kinds of tools, as opposed to just the skinning knife.

This would still give butchers a purpose, in that there are other creatures and types of animal materials that will require their services. But at least for common animals like mammals and materials like flesh, leathers and bones all players would not be disadvantaged without having a butcher around.

Alternatively, just create a cleaver type of tool much like woodcutting axes and mining pickaxes that allows players who has one in their inventory to obtain the same countdown timer as when using the butcher table.

And the real vets and earliest players know by now that SV will just fuck it up again no matter how good the engine is.

Remember we saw MO go from a excellent game with TONS of potential and year after year dragged it further down and ruined it bit by bit until the shitfest of a game it is now....

If they have not learned and fixed the current game yet then they wont manage starting almost from scratch again.
To vets they need to finally prove they can before any sane vet would believe them again.
The many lies, broken promises and bad management has nothing to do with the engine. A paint job will only hide the rust not fix it you know.
Yeah i understand but you have to realize that they went from a team of 20 devs to a core of 3-4 people with Seb being a programming newb. They lost Mats, and Henrik who has very little game design experience took over.

Evrrything they went through they did as a newbie team stuck with a shitty engine that could have never delivered a game that we all wanted as well as being limited and hard to work with (which caused delays And sometimes weird outcomes).

The way they handled the community is also something that was new to them and sometimes if you are over protective you do dumb things.

By now they should have learned to be more proffesional and actually learned a thing or two about the design process and community management.

Last edited:

Drothe

Trial Member

yeah i agree butchery was the worst they did in all this year sin my opinion, it killed the intention to go out and hunt for shit.
I still hate butchery, it was mcuh more fun before this shit got implemented, people go out together and camp and sit longer at spawns to fill there bag with materials it was simplier to make materials and money and it was more fun because PK players hat more intention so search for farmign players because they know they stay longer at spots, with butchery they killed the flow of the game wich made the PVE/farming gameplay fluid. now the same is not possible no you have to stand afk wich is completly nonsense on butcher table for 1,5Hours just to do the same stuff as before

sry for the hard words but before buthcery was much better,
also i woulnd't haave a problem with butchery if it would require to hunt down for exmaple 1 razoback and you have to sling it on your horse go to town and someone need to bcuhter it and it have for example the same materials as 8-12 stacks carcass, then yes butchery would be fun.

SHORT ANSWER:
im very sry to say that the flow of farming was better before btuchery got implemented in my opinion, more pvp happened and it was easier for new players to gain direct reward for farmign creatures,

with butchery you killed the easy accessability of direkt reward so people do other stuff and not farm outside the standard mobs because why they dont have a butcher or they dont get the same stuff as in field buthcery so why bother, they do other stuff instead
Would love it to go back to pre butchery as it was much more fun when you were out hunting, did you stay and try and fill your bags or did you just go for half bags and travel back? Risk vs reward and all that. Some of my best fights were when I was out hunting and a pk would come. But sadly I don't ever think it will go back.

Speznat

Would love it to go back to pre butchery as it was much more fun when you were out hunting, did you stay and try and fill your bags or did you just go for half bags and travel back? Risk vs reward and all that. Some of my best fights were when I was out hunting and a pk would come. But sadly I don't ever think it will go back.
yeah that also makes me sad, pre butchery was good an fluid pve gameplay. even bette pvp gameplay, the chance of meeting someone was higher.

Keurk

Yeah i understand but you have to realize that they went from a team of 20 devs to a core of 3-4 people with Seb being a programming newb. They lost Mats, and Henrik who has very little game design experience took over.

Evrrything they went through they did as a newbie team stuck with a shitty engine that could have never delivered a game that we all wanted as well as being limited and hard to work with (which caused delays And sometimes weird outcomes).

The way they handled the community is also something that was new to them and sometimes if you are over protective you do dumb things.

By now they should have learned to be more proffesional and actually learned a thing or two about the design process and community management.
when you lose that many people , i guess there is reasons. They probably acted the same with their employees as they did with their community xD

IS REAL?? i check forum and see it. MORTAL ONLINE 2 WILL RUN!!!

IF Starvault make MO2 y will play sure. I hope they can resolve the problems with MO1 and make great game. yeah!!!

for other side i lost all my treasures and gold for hack atack so i havent problem to move MO2 xd and begin again

sunshiner

Just wanted to toss in a few cents:

Been here, mostly silently, since the start. More or less played most of the time since the beta and when I didt I dont think there has been a week where I havent looked at the forums (Still remember how exciting it was when they first released a pdf detailing plans for some of the more exotic systems that sadly didt make it, like the religion system); and I cant help but feel that people are overly critical of SV, some to the point of ridicule.

They made a niche game within a genre that I cant count on 2 hands how many different teams have attempted to make a game in and failed to even get a beta out. Even those that got a game released, often end up closing down after barely any time at all. Mortal is closing in on 10 years now. That deserves some recognition.

I am not disputing that some parts, many even, where horribly made and bad decisions were taken in regards to both community and game development. But I cant possibly see how anyone could hope to have done much better if they had been put in their shoes from the get go.

I am also not disputing that critique should be given, it should. What I am trying to say is: chill... Maybe just act a tad bit more civil towards the devs and the forum in general. Its a game, we are here to have fun, some people should probably consider whether or not they should take a step back.

I have never had more excitement from a game than in MO, nor been more invested in a game than I was MO. I look forward, immensely so, to jumping into Mortal Online 2 with you all, both the crazy and less crazy part.

I like it for what it could be, a great opportunity to make a great game. An opportunity to fix a decade of problems that have plagued this one. Can they do it? I don't know, but I look forward to seeing what comes of this. Don't send me broken figurines this type tho, thanks!

Please enlighten us of these good MMOs
Chronicles of Elyria and New World , if Coe ever comes out it will be a great MMO . Pre alpha was supposed to start last May but they delayed it until (supposedly) this May....

New World is playable now for selected alpha testers — it’s fun but not hardcore first person fun, but still fun and could possibly be a great mmo when it’s fully complete .

Last edited:

With the butchery skill and its required lores made secondary by the last patch, we are mostly back to "before butchery".

Please enlighten us of these good MMOs
Nobody knows if we gonna see a good game but the projects looks good. And of course, those I list here are games I'm able to play right now and test (not like CoE, or more games without any real test running).

SC and CU are my favourite two projects for next 2-3 years. CoE needs to show something worth yet, so I can't talk about quality if there is not game to test (like now with MO2). Doesn't mean good for everyone, but I played both and I like them :)

Last edited:
With the butchery skill and its required lores made secondary by the last patch, we are mostly back to "before butchery".
perhaps you dont remember 'the time before butchery' but you certainly didnt need butcher workbench lore or animal materials lore or any of the sublores. kill animal, get mats.

-barcode