Mortal Online 2 Discussion

personally i like current skillcap.+ last changes was very good
i love mo and want to know it from all sides, professions, playstyles etc

i dont see how it would be if there is only one char

Wabbajack

Thats just the thing, there was too much time there to not learn of their mistakes without those devs. We are talking about almost 10 years here.

During the 3 years era from they lost devs to definately having few left they went from great to bad and everything inbetween until after Awakening when it started really going downhill.

You should learn to not continue to do the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over again, even if you know nothing of game development.
SV continued to do the exact same mistakes after losing most of the original devs even after gaining new ones.
Why would they then magically make a good game again, after 10 years of continued failure to regain the level they had in the beginning when they (devs still there) where at their worst.

You have to see a miracle to believe in it. Simple.
And thats not even taking into consideration all the lies, the massive amounts of lies.
Making a game using UE4 is like bulding with legos (blueprints, addons and some scripting) they can even easlily buy many more tools and game assets for a few hundred bucks from the unreal store.

To be honest if the
For Christ sakes people, get your heads out of your asses!

Its been over a year and they can't even get noob island out, do you really think they are going to shit out a brand knew fucking game in a couple of months?

like I have been saying you will be lucky if MO updates it engine from UE3.5 to UE4 in 2 to 3 years

Well yes actually it is quite possible.

Game development has changed alot since UE3. In fact UE3 is a relic.
UE4 offers a online asset shop where developers such as SV could easlily spend a few hundred bucks and actually recieve top quality assets such as trees, rocks, buildings, animations, weapons and textures. On top of that they can even purchase addons and tools which will populate their entire map with evrrything they want with simple drag and drop use. Imagine instead of adding every single world object by hand (which sv does now) they can just add a library of items and the tool places everything according to set rules (such as height, density, texture placement/area).

I could for example prototype MO2 on UE4 in about a week (12h/Day), of course with out certain advanced systems such as the deep crafting/butchery/breeding. But it would be online, and it would have much better looking graphics, world design and animations/Combat. How ever it would be on a smaller scale player wise, SV needs to go through heavy optimatization to support a lot of players and free house placement.

Game development is more like playing with legos today. With many tools and assets ready to go for a creative mind to use and explore.

Epic Games have prepared UE4 for a new age, adding blueprints (lego Pieces) for kids to play around with and 10 dollar lectures to create your own fortnite.

Fortnite was made for 2 reasons; hook the kids and make a profit, get the kids interested in game development (that is why Epic has launched its own platform for games and game publishing)

And now ladies and gents we are at a very interesting moment, SV could and should and most likley will release the game on Epics store which only has a few games. This unlike Steam gives MO2 is much better chance (and a better deal % wise). It will be (fingers crossed) the first open world first person mmorpg to launch on Epics mostly empty store. And as we all know the players that actually play fortnite need the epic launcher/store to play.

Epic has done what steam did with the release of cs 1.6. got the world hooked and released a store platform. But unlike Steam they actually offer a top notch engine that is super easy to use and has a store for asset purchase. Now they are aiming for the stars, a new age of game development.

personally i like current skillcap.+ last changes was very good
i love mo and want to know it from all sides, professions, playstyles etc

i dont see how it would be if there is only one char
I’m sure you will be able to double down and buy another account , I know I will be doing that if I feel interested in making a character (I already have 16 in MO , might as well at least have 2 in MO2).

Bicorps

Trial Member
I’m sure you will be able to double down and buy another account , I know I will be doing that if I feel interested in making a character (I already have 16 in MO , might as well at least have 2 in MO2).
your ban

Why would they ban anyone for that? That would basically be shooting themselves in the foot. Extra accounts have too be a good percentage of their income here. If anything they are eliminating options to do things on one account so you will more likely need multiple.

Why would they ban anyone for that? That would basically be shooting themselves in the foot. Extra accounts have too be a good percentage of their income here. If anything they are eliminating options to do things on one account so you will more likely need multiple.
They consider alts as cheating so they will prob try their best to limit ppl to 1 account, at least expect the same system we have now that limits f2ps.

They consider alts as cheating so they will prob try their best to limit ppl to 1 account, at least expect the same system we have now that limits f2ps.
I will believe that when I see it. They have to have data on the money they are making off of players with multiple accounts. Besides, how are they going to give players credit for those accounts they have now?

Henrik02/12/2019

if you want 4 chars in the new, then yes 4 accs, but as I said, 1 char will be able to do more than 1 char in current version
It looks like the restriction of only one character is only going to be per account. I am sure that SV will be more than happy to have someone pay for multiple accounts to have more characters. It would be crazy to not allow someone to do so.

Makalis

Cuprum Supporter
It looks like the restriction of only one character is only going to be per account. I am sure that SV will be more than happy to have someone pay for multiple accounts to have more characters. It would be crazy to not allow someone to do so.
That would be way more pay to win then having 4 slots in one account, RIP.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
I agree to @Sebastion that players with more than one account today must get some compensation if they could not play subscribed accounts in MO2, what would happen at least when one is paying for 3 or 6 month. E.g. I'm paying the six month fee since years for all my accounts and I will change to 1 month fee as soon as the release date of MO2 is near.

Second, I'm playing MO since early beta without break. And therefore I know that after a while a player wants to try something different, e.g. change between foot fighter, mounted archer or mage, without destroying the old build. The reason to have more characters and more accounts of cause is the low economy but also the plan to try different play styles and be able to log into different places.

The map will be larger than today. And even today it takes quite a long time to travel or ghost from one part to another especially when playing on both continents. I'm pretty sure I will run two accounts in MO2: One to explore the world and try stuff and one to run with the guild.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I agree to @Sebastion that players with more than one account today must get some compensation if they could not play subscribed accounts in MO2, what would happen at least when one is paying for 3 or 6 month. E.g. I'm paying the six month fee since years for all my accounts and I will change to 1 month fee as soon as the release date of MO2 is near.
Yeah, this is a major stumbling block.
I paid originally for three character slots and then later for a fourth, all on one account.

I believe I'm probably not alone in that.

People who've done the same had better get the slots they paid for back when you needed them (their money), don't you think? Asking for everyone and no-one in particular.
... I said, much earlier in this thread, and six people took time out of their fun-filled lives to dislike it. Perhaps @Xunila will have better luck getting a good response? At least from Star Vault.

Makalis

Cuprum Supporter
i might have missed this one. you sure?
Henrik on "please more communication thread":

"We been flooded with things on our table that taken a lot of focus, hence we haven't posted that much other than the announcements.
The emission I started have taken a lot of time and focus. While I covered this part to fund MO2, Seb helped finalized Kitten'd so we can have a proper release for that game on multiple platforms. We have also got new people to join the team that we are showing and learning how things works at SV so they can start develop as well. It takes time to have proper developer at such complex project as MO2, we have learnt that over the years and we will do do our absolutely best to deliver a as close to perfect sandbox mmo we possible can with our new tech and experience. We are super excited to start share our progress and we will eventually show you some visual updates as well.
Soon the emission is over, which means things will go back to focusing on game development at full again."

i got an idea , just like that , why not include a tide system ; with mineral ; food related stuff ; that you could only acced when the sea is out ?

i got an idea , just like that , why not include a tide system ; with mineral ; food related stuff ; that you could only acced when the sea is out ?
It would be nice to have tides that rise and recede. Hopefully no one builds their house on the sand when the tide goes out. :)

MO could also use zones (dungeons) that are accessible only sometimes. For example, a pirate ship (with scoundrels and bandits onboard) could load randomly off the coast of a seaside town, which can be reached by swimming players. The ship doesn't have to move; just a static "dungeon." Whenever it does appear, the town cryer will start announcing "Pirates! Pirates sighted off our coast!" The ship would deload after a fixed time if no player is present onboard or the daily reboot occurs.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I will follow mo2, i will pay and suport it. And i still want to participate in its creation. Please give a chance for a video chat and you will hire me.

Also,
They dont want voice chat because...
They are bitches whom prepher to talk at your back than frontaly like this game deserves. THIS IS A GAME WHERE YOU CANT FUCKING HARASS LIKE IN OTHERS BECAUSE:::::::: YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
[Poll] Magic revamp
THAT BELONGS INTO A GRINDING KOREAN LIKE morp GAME WHERE YOU PLAY STUPID BORING SHIT FOR AGES TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF NOT HAVING ANY SKILLS AT ALL... NO WE DONT LIKE THAT WE LIKE OF MORTAL THAT YOU CAN PRETY MUCH GET MOST STAFF YOU PLAY WITH QUICK AND THAT SKILLS IS WHAT YOU TRUELLY NEED. GO...
Please, Star Vault, as you hire new staff to make MO2, get maximum communication skill and "people skills" value for your employer-dollars. Please.

----
#FindVenny

Last edited:

Wabbajack

It would be nice to have tides that rise and recede. Hopefully no one builds their house on the sand when the tide goes out. :)
For the low price of 100 bucks we can have some sexy looking Water:

Or SV could hire me and get the whole UE marketplace assets for free!

Speznat

For the low price of 100 bucks we can have some sexy looking Water:

Or SV could hire me and get the whole UE marketplace assets for free!
i agree that is needed, and some more very good assets, they need to make focus on aestetics first than everythign later in my opinion. XD