Mortal Online 2 Discussion

@Henrik Nystrom

First off, do NOT transfer anything except cosmetics/titles from MO. It will hurt your game considerably before it even releases.

Next, why not take the Albion Online route? Allow your one character to do anything in game. However, introduce some sort of either finite or slow regenerating resource that allows you to progress at an increased rate (learning points). Therefore, players will have to decide what they want to specialize in and spend their LP wisely.

Without this resource, progress will be extremely slow but it will still be possible for Veteran players to achieve during their long journey through the game. This will allow us to always have SOMETHING to work for. A reason to continue logging in other than just to fight on your max toon.

This will allow players who decide to specialize in crafting (for example) to still be an extremely important and valued asset to their guilds and the game. Meanwhile, the rest of us fighters, miners, tamers, whatever are sub-par crafters unless we work hard for months to catch up.

Each role you choose will hold great weight in the game without completely removing the ability to try other things it has to offer.

Last edited:
i like the 1 character thing.
i like the "reworked skill system to fit 1 character". about effing time man.
i like the name and shame banned characters (but don't lie. you have never been tough on cheaters).

i DO NOT like vets carrying over their current wealth into the new game (and yes i am a vet and have some wealth to lose). a lot of this wealth was gained by exploits. even if the current owners of that wealth got it through trading or conquest, a lot of it originally came from dupes or exploits. give them free sub, or free cosmetic items instead. give them monuments in the game or something. NOT wealth that directly impacts pvp (best gear, pots, horses, etc).

i agree that is needed, and some more very good assets, they need to make focus on aestetics first than everythign later in my opinion. XD
cannot disagree with you any harder on this one. they forgot to make a game in MO1, lets hope they dont forget for MO2. chasing fancy pixels is a fool's errand

-barcode

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
i like the 1 character thing.
i like the "reworked skill system to fit 1 character". about effing time man.
i like the name and shame banned characters (but don't lie. you have never been tough on cheaters).

i DO NOT like vets carrying over their current wealth into the new game (and yes i am a vet and have some wealth to lose). a lot of this wealth was gained by exploits. even if the current owners of that wealth got it through trading or conquest, a lot of it originally came from dupes or exploits. give them free sub, or free cosmetic items instead. give them monuments in the game or something. NOT wealth that directly impacts pvp (best gear, pots, horses, etc).
They could actually do something alike kickstarter brackets where a player trades in all their wealth to GMs in Mortal and depending on their amount they go up in brackets and gain better rewards who should only be cosmetics and other fluff not impacting the game itself but makes you look like a boss. For example real detailed armor skins to be used on top of equivalent type armor or something.

As long as its not gameplay impacting then im fine with whatever it is.

There is no MO2

It does not exist in any form but a daydream and soothing words said to investors

Hell, noob-island still doesn't exist and that's been well over a year bordering on 2

I agree to @Sebastion that players with more than one account today must get some compensation if they could not play subscribed accounts in MO2, what would happen at least when one is paying for 3 or 6 month. E.g. I'm paying the six month fee since years for all my accounts and I will change to 1 month fee as soon as the release date of MO2 is near.

Second, I'm playing MO since early beta without break. And therefore I know that after a while a player wants to try something different, e.g. change between foot fighter, mounted archer or mage, without destroying the old build. The reason to have more characters and more accounts of cause is the low economy but also the plan to try different play styles and be able to log into different places.

The map will be larger than today. And even today it takes quite a long time to travel or ghost from one part to another especially when playing on both continents. I'm pretty sure I will run two accounts in MO2: One to explore the world and try stuff and one to run with the guild.
You can still play MO with your subscription

MO2 isn't same game

Noob island were announced in the development announcement made on March 21st 2018.
So just less than one year. :eek:
It was talked about being a thing by Henrik far longer than that, and you know that full well

sunshiner

MO2 isn't even a game, it doesn't fucking exist, its a made up entity like Santa, the Easter Bunny or Allah
Need someone to give you a hug or something? Geez.

Bicorps

Trial Member
With the result of Mortal Online. There is no way that MO2 can be good.. No fucking way.

With the result of Mortal Online. There is no way that MO2 can be good.. No fucking way.
Even people who played MO for thousands of hours are throwing so much shit at it. Yes, theres been features implemented that had unforseen consequences that are difficult to go back on or solve, but its still a great game.

unforseen consequences that are difficult to go back on or solve, but its still a great game.
  • Unforeseen, *not* unforseeable. You know that Star Vault was warned about various things in plenty of time not to do, or in plenty of time not to implement, or in plenty of time to change them-- I'm pretty sure you did your share of the warning. Many things unforeseen were merely not looked at because people weren't listened to.
  • Not just "difficult" to go back on (or solve), in some cases; in some cases, impossible (i.e., getting some people back who've said NEVER AGAIN).
Before saying it's a great game, one must acknowledge these truths or nothing useful can further be said.

Bicorps

Trial Member
Even people who played MO for thousands of hours are throwing so much shit at it. Yes, theres been features implemented that had unforseen consequences that are difficult to go back on or solve, but its still a great game.
It was a great game until they added those feature that break PvP content and never Balance/nerf it or fix Guards that attack true walls.

DK are still OP as fuck... 1 button kill and that it... you 3 shot a mage and he cant even run away. You literaly get sticky by a DK. Its been there for 3 years already and nothing have change. We told them several time. Nothing gonna change with MO2 because its still the same game company that dont give a single fuck about customer Feedback. and im gonna pass other OP content because Starvault dont even care anyways. Its not like if we never told them.

The communauty have made so much Feedback over and over. And now? no more feedback, its obviously fucking a waist of time trying to explain these kids what is wrong with the game.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
  • Unforeseen, *not* unforseeable. You know that Star Vault was warned about various things in plenty of time not to do, or in plenty of time not to implement, or in plenty of time to change them-- I'm pretty sure you did your share of the warning. Many things unforeseen were merely not looked at because people weren't listened to.
  • Not just "difficult" to go back on (or solve), in some cases; in some cases, impossible (i.e., getting some people back who've said NEVER AGAIN).
Before saying it's a great game, one must acknowledge these truths or nothing useful can further be said.
They should have understood why "dont fix what aint broken" was thrown around alot.

It was a great game until they added those feature that break PvP content and never Balance/nerf it or fix Guards that attack true walls.

DK are still OP as fuck... 1 button kill and that it... you 3 shot a mage and he cant even run away. You literaly get sticky by a DK. Its been there for 3 years already and nothing have change. We told them several time. Nothing gonna change with MO2 because its still the same game company that dont give a single fuck about customer Feedback. and im gonna pass other OP content because Starvault dont even care anyways. Its not like if we never told them.

The communauty have made so much Feedback over and over. And now? no more feedback, its obviously fucking a waist of time trying to explain these kids what is wrong with the game.
Yes you kinda give up after a certain amount of time proposing changes to a wall.

Yeonan

Trial Member
Can you or anyone else list said decisions?

Im not doubting your claim id just like examples.

Walls, placable guards, pets that really are eliteguards in a new skin.

Back in my days we used to joke about portable guardzones.
Im not laughing anymore ;(