Mortal Online 2 Discussion

Please get rid of the concept of "prepatch" in MO2. If starvault deems an item or pet is too strong, a nerf would apply to every version of it regardless of when it was made or dropped. Prepatch is such a terrible mechanic. Also AI pets should never hit harder than people. And bring taming back to its glory, current breeding system is terrible. Remove walls with the exception around keeps, but allow keeps to be placed more flexibly. Promote exploring. Add rare random spawns. For both PvE and Gathering. Rare ore/herb spawns, rare creature spawns. PvE needs a revamp Starvault, especially if you dont want people to get bored and resort to RPK as the only means "fun." Call me crazy but instead of sticking the blast furnace in the butt corner of the map, have one on each side of the map with the greater nat fought over near the middle. Or you know, u can finally add that Thaumator to the game. Thaumator on one side, nat in the middle, blast at other side. And Good luck Starvault! Im rooting for you. People non stop talking shit i know it can be hard picking out the good ideas from the bad but some things have just been said far too many times to ignore. I dont think anyone in the history of the forums has ever said please make building walls easier...

Hi average peasant here with a few thoughts. Hopefully someone important reads. Bit of background: I joined during steam release, was a hardcore MO player for 3-4 months. Absolutely loved the game and all its "hidden" features. I was lucky enough to have a guild teach me the game, from farming mobs to getting my first mount to maxing my foot char to making a mage/tamer to making a horse archer...
They showed me the ropes, and brought me to crazy places in the world (sarduuca armor book dungeon, jungle dungeon, minotaurs, and the huge spider queen bitch in sarduuca). I loved the pve AND pvp present in this game.....BUT the things/issues that made me quit:

- The jank....too many bugs that I could TOLERATE, but many other people won't. MO2 has to be smooth...its gonna be 2020+ when you launch....
- The graphics, I didn't have too much issue with as gameplay is all that matters for me but I assume this would be upgraded with UE4...
- The fanbase: you gotta realize that the hardcore forum-pvpers are your main target audience...the guys that have been playing for years, LIVE for the adrenaline that comes with the pvp. They are also the most vocal on the forum...but that doesn't mean they are always right...

I think more needs to be done to protect the average player. Sure, full loot on death exists and they should be punished for being careless BUT there should also be rewards so that VETERANS would protect newbs not ONLY because of their "good heart". We can get into a philosophical discussion on human nature but....its much easier to be an asshole and kill everyone on sight than be a white knight, helping newbs out.

and you need white knights to have a thriving population.

most of your hardcore pvpers just want a good fight....and they wont get a good fight if newbs leave the game before they can even get skilled to a decent level (learning the minutia of combat, i.e juking / how the game is coded, etc).

- accessibility: if i didn't join a guild, I would'nt have seen "end-game" creatures....I would'nt have been able to explore the wonderfully crafted (albeit buggy) dungeons that you guys have created. You need to make these dungeons more accessible. While the charm of the MO game is that most of the knowledge exists in players minds / forum posts, there needs to be an updated way to treat your content so that the majority of the player base is able to experience it...

- tedious shit : mining / chopping / transporting .... I enjoyed making money as a noob transporting stuff for people and logging in every x hr to re-tame or re-breed my horses/ wolf-tigers (FUCK I FORGOT THEIR NAMES? LYNX? LYKS?) but lets face it....this shit sucks and is SUPER TEDIOUS and NOT FUN but ill admit it contributes to the atmosphere of MO...

anyways random thought vomit over. You guys have created a wonderful one-of-a-kind game, but there needs to be some changes for MO2 if you want a decent playerbase. These changes are not gonna be easy (both from a design perspective and coding perspective) and you'll have a lot of backlash from the changes implemented between MO1 and MO2 but EVERYONE on the forum that is still here, whether subbed or unsubbed can see the POTENTIAL that this game could become....

I hope you can pull through so I can sub to MO2 and enjoy all the other secrets.... (will any vets be so kind as to let me know any content I missed? I know theres a huge boss in the NE or NW corner that cant be killed? probably alot of sarduuca shit since I only farmed the queen and did the dungeon there...did ride around the whole map but forgot most of it)

- sieging and hiding behind walls was also a pain in the ass since most of the time you have one group that wants to PvP and another group that doesn't want to due to insufficient numbers or gear....

If I would be so arrogant as to suggest a random idea;
- Newbie island: for beginners to learn the mechanics --> Myrland (middle island), where they set forth to live in a city and make their own house/name for themselves (80% tier 2 resources, 20% tier 1) i.e where the merchant guild (WHATS HIS NAME) can play their crafting game to the max and help people ---> Sarduuca (end-game island) (100% tier 1 resources) where all the juicy guild drama occurs and all the endgame pvpers tears can collect to form a big lake...

BUT YEAH GOOD LUCK ON MO2, SV!

Transporting is a natural byproduct of no fast-travel and local banking, two of the core pillars of the MO design philosophy. I think it adds much more to the game than it takes away.

It is because of features like this that transporting is actually a form of pvp and group play, and stems from two other core pillars of open pvp and full looting. Transporters face risk versus reward every time they do their job, and player guards, decoys and scouts are hired to help even out the odds and ensure their safety and survival.

One might even argue that the need to transport things is entirely consistent with the concept of a hardcore sandbox game.

Removing the need to transport things would kill off part of the game from its core design standpoint, and turn it into a very different game altogether. I don’t believe it would lead to an increase of players, as the game itself would no longer differentiate itself from the multitude of other titles that don’t offer what MO currently does.

Luminia

Trial Member
Whats not good about it in your opinion? I honestly think Its in a pretty sollid state right now. Weekly updates and devs reacting to player feedback. They improved aloooooooot.

Speznat

Whats not good about it in your opinion? I honestly think Its in a pretty sollid state right now. Weekly updates and devs reacting to player feedback. They improved aloooooooot.
i dont really wanna talk down that gloria victis shit, but Mortal is far supirior than any other game, evne if im complaining and btichign 99% of my time, nothing else is better.

gloria victis is for me just one other one shoot no brainer from idiot dev that will abandon the project the enxt few years. sry to fuck your dreams but games without sub model will have a limit. no money = no game simple as that, and third person = in my opinion no immersion. and i hate third person shitty games that are 99% indie fuckshit from idiot that dont even have a elementary school degree.

@Henrik Nystrom and sebastian are skilled programmers they know what they are doing and they have the skills to do the best reboot in history. i would trust these two more my life and all my money, than all the other 99% devs out there, if you look closer no other developer shares so much passion in there own games than these two, SV is just superior face it. all other devs of all other gasmes i ever played, give mostly a fuck of there own project and abandon that in 1-5 years always, but SV dont, henrik is clinging on his dream so we are all. in my eyes every other game dont changed my life as hard as mortal, thx henrik and sebastian youre great guys xD lets make party hard at MO2 release

Last edited:
i agree that is needed, and some more very good assets, they need to make focus on aestetics first than everythign later in my opinion. XD
>muh graphics

Yeah really who cares about gameplay.

moron

The reason the game is fucked now is because of the broken mechanics, the graphics are fine stop typing this same thing 10 times per day.

Last edited:

Speznat

>muh graphics

Yeah really who cares about gameplay.

moron

The reason the game is fucked now is because of the broken mechanics, the graphics are fine stop typing this same thing 10 times per day.
if you think that im a moron because of pointing out why many dont even try the game yeah than im a moron, many see shitty graphics and that is mostly a signal for an indie shit alpha game, that is under developed, just in alpha state for cash crabing and will be abboned in under 1 year, yeah because most of the steam stuff is exactly that. thats why many see shitty grpahics and instantly say, NO, they see that they cna count polygons and that the vegation is at a mimnum were forests dont even try to look like forest than many think the developer dont care, and than they dont want to invest there time in something that is doomed in their minds.

with good gaphics you win the flower pot,

Outstanding very good gameplay and good graphics = Extrem Large population
Outstanding very good gameplay and mediocore-low graphics = Large population
Outstanding very good gameplay and real shit grpahics = Large population (Minecraft)

and now mortal right now:
mediocore - Good gameplay and under mediocore- low prahics = Minimal Population

but what if mortal 2:
mediocore -good gameplay and outstanding and extreme good praphics = Large Population

cash crabing and will be abboned in under 1 year
they see that they cna count polygons and that the vegation is at a mimnum were forests
with good gaphics you win the flower pot
Outstanding very good gameplay and good graphics = Extrem Large population
Thanks for the reminder of why everyone on these forums keeps you on their ignore list, though every post you make is an example of that.

Unless they enjoy laughing at how stupid you are the way I do.

Luminia

Trial Member
i dont really wanna talk down that gloria victis shit, but Mortal is far supirior than any other game, evne if im complaining and btichign 99% of my time, nothing else is better.

gloria victis is for me just one other one shoot no brainer from idiot dev that will abandon the project the enxt few years. sry to fuck your dreams but games without sub model will have a limit. no money = no game simple as that, and third person = in my opinion no immersion. and i hate third person shitty games that are 99% indie fuckshit from idiot that dont even have a elementary school degree.

@Henrik Nystrom and sebastian are skilled programmers they know what they are doing and they have the skills to do the best reboot in history. i would trust these two more my life and all my money, than all the other 99% devs out there, if you look closer no other developer shares so much passion in there own games than these two, SV is just superior face it. all other devs of all other gasmes i ever played, give mostly a fuck of there own project and abandon that in 1-5 years always, but SV dont, henrik is clinging on his dream so we are all. in my eyes every other game dont changed my life as hard as mortal, thx henrik and sebastian youre great guys xD lets make party hard at MO2 release
Immersion is not as good as in MO thats a fact, but the core concept is working brilliantly and the focus of the game is very very straight forward. PvP and medium/large scale battles with an „improved“ m&b warband system that makes the dueling and group fighting much much more skillbased then mos system. Its mostly well balanced and does not require skill grinds of useless basic skills.

It sounds like you think that its a solo project... its not. Its an indie sized dev team of 13 ppl. They release weekly updates and improve on player feedback without adding shitty mechanics that ruin stuff... like another game did. But its not a game based on mortal online, morelike m&b Persistant world.

For a pve/crafter type of player... no idea i dont do pve, cause i dont have to to participate in the pvp part of the game.

I habe to admit when i first played the alpha of the game i thought it was shit. But now its at a good state.

The price modell of b2p with minor cosmetic microtransactions is something that works as proved by many other mmos. Some of your critic points can be applied to early mo aswell though so i suggest to either give the game a try or calm a bit down xD

Speznat

Thanks for the reminder of why everyone on these forums keeps you on their ignore list, though every post you make is an example of that.

Unless they enjoy laughing at how stupid you are the way I do.
Are you getting memory brain damage or are you jsut Ignoring the facts Xd

so you are the opinion that the graphics as they are now or only with a slighty increase will be the success and will hit high population if it comes 2022. sry man but have you looked at steam?

Even games that are gameplay wise mediocore to shit get good reviews, because people wanna try it have more chances, only because the graphics are stunning good.
than more people try it out, even if its mostly like shit.

but if you have shitty graphics than noone bats an eye.

SHORTY version IMPORTANT:
if youre going into the bar and you have the choice to talk and than fuck with one person there, do you talk to the 20year old girl or to the 40-50 year old grandma? even if grandma have better gameplay (Fucking skills). DO you really wanna fuck the grandma? are you wanna fucking kidding me, noone wanna fuck the grandma if you have the choice to fuck the 20year old. simple as that. even if you would have liked grandma more if you tried grandma but noone wanna try grandma man.

Last edited:
'Good' Graphics may initially get players to play and 'Bad' graphics could turn them off from even trying a game.

But good gameplay is what will keep players around and lead to growth.

It will be nice to have improvements in both. But at the end of the day I think gameplay is more important for long term success.

Speznat

'Good' Graphics may initially get players to play and 'Bad' graphics could turn them off from even trying a game.

But good gameplay is what will keep players around and lead to growth.

It will be nice to have improvements in both. But at the end of the day I think gameplay is more important for long term success.
yeah i agree with that, but its very very important that the First Impressions are extremly good than more people try and more get stuck here forever in the Mortal Cocaine trip.

MO graphics isn’t that bad once you turn every setting all the way up to their absolute maximum, including anti-aliasing which I recently changed from FXAA high to MLAA as a friend of mine suggested. Everything seemed better defined and stood out more, but that is subjective of course. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as the saying goes.

SHORTY version IMPORTANT:
if youre going into the bar and you have the choice to talk and than fuck with one person there, do you talk to the 20year old girl or to the 40-50 year old grandma? even if grandma have better gameplay (Fucking skills). DO you really wanna fuck the grandma? are you wanna fucking kidding me, noone wanna fuck the grandma if you have the choice to fuck the 20year old. simple as that. even if you would have liked grandma more if you tried grandma but noone wanna try grandma man.
The question though is which you would choose to marry? The young good looking one that has nothing to offer but looks, or the less attractive one that offers much more?

Speznat

The question though is which you would choose to marry? The young good looking one that has nothing to offer but looks, or the less attractive one that offers much more?
that is only a question that cna be answered after trying and i can say for sure i wont try the gandma xD

MO graphics isn’t that bad once you turn every setting all the way up to their absolute maximum, including anti-aliasing which I recently changed from FXAA high to MLAA as a friend of mine suggested. Everything seemed better defined and stood out more, but that is subjective of course. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as the saying goes.
i know what oyu mean, but you know even a kingdom come deliverance on ver ylow look much much better than a mortal on ultra, i mean i have a a 4k screen and 2 high end gpus and yeah mortal ultra is at definiton in my opinion below mediocore grpahics its not only the texture its also the polygons and the low foliage and stuff.
I mean imagine a mortal online 2 that offers graphics like Kingdom COme Deliverance. than people flood the place and would trow money at sv for making finally an mmo that have insane graphicly quality that people are just wanting to play to stand aaround and watch the forests/lakes and stuff. i think you get what i mean.

the only mmo that come to high end in my mind get black desert, with the insane 8textures, Shiny Reflection Extreme shaders and over the top ultra setting were a 2080ti get on its knees.

but alone the kingdom come graphics and foliage would do the trick that many just see it on steam hear first person, medival, RPG, and good prahics and they hit downlaod.