petal, patriarchy, penitence or penury…

oh wait how about………...

patience
Good guesses, but it was
potential

Good guesses, but it was
potential
Straight from the man himselves mouth :

“We plan to create another world, for adventure and living another life. That this world will be internally consistent and logical, "realistic" if not in many ways like reality!”

Get rekt Najjy , for snickering about my comment that MO should pull a lot from reality to balance itself correctly . Same goes for you mounted shitter technique .

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Straight from the man himselves mouth :

“We plan to create another world, for adventure and living another life. That this world will be internally consistent and logical, "realistic" if not in many ways like reality!”

Get rekt <taboo deformation>, for snickering about my comment that MO should pull a lot from reality to balance itself correctly . Same goes for you mounted shitter technique .
I laughed at your simile about huge hammers being wielded like wiffle ball bats.

It was very apt; but, some folks just don't take compliments...?

This is a shitty post IK, but I wanted to make this Asap. Idk what to say at this point.
Lol you rather we stick with this shitty outdated game that lets hackers and duper’s stay in the game ruining the economy and any chance for new players to enjoy the game ?

Face it , MO is just TOO FAR GONE - this should have happened YEARS AGO . Now that the Devs are finally doing the right thing I think I will sub again and practice pvp until MO 2 comes out (I don’t care if it takes years , I will wait for it),

Better news could not have come sooner because chronicles of Elyria keeps delaying its fucking pre alpha ...

I laughed at your simile about huge hammers being wielded like wiffle ball bats.

It was very apt; but, some folks just don't take compliments...?

Well next time say that instead of just throwing a useless laughy because I was trying to be serious lol

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Questions.
Q1. How can wealth and success from mortal online be transferred to mortal online2?
Q2. If mortal online 2 goes live, does it mean mortal online server will be closed?
Q3. ETA of mortal online 2 release?

Wealth and success should NOT BE TRANSFERRED TO MO2 . Don’t even fucking think about that cuz it’s the reason why the MO economy is broken : the devs allowed the cheaters from pre awakening to “transfer” their glitched wealth into another era of MO - DEVS DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN WITH THE NEW GAME .

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
We still have the sword of tears and no one will be crying when its gone. Fuck the mats, fuck the bots, fuck the time. New CLEAN slate for MO2.
Your knowledge and connections are your assets, use them to get ahead. No head starts.

This post legit made me bust a nut

We don’t need fuckig shiny ogh , or stacks of gold , we don’t need big old bull horses , but we do need a sense of adventure , mystery and excitement again which is what a clean slate will bring us . I can’t wait to start the adventure all over again seeing as I came a few years late to the original party ...

Yeonan

Trial Member
This post legit made me bust a nut

We don’t need fuckig shiny ogh , or stacks of gold , we don’t need big old bull horses , but we do need a sense of adventure , mystery and excitement again which is what a clean slate will bring us . I can’t wait to start the adventure all over again seeing as I came a few years late to the original party ...
How often will that need to happen though?

Wont there come a point where all the secrets and mysteries are discovered once again?

Will we ask for another fresh start then?

You make good points here, and im inclined to agree.

The only thing im having trouble wrapping my head around is the time spent building my characters wont translate.

Like just for instance I finally got every armor book in the game maxed along with all the backings

Knowing none of that will transfer over kind of stings a bit

Not because of pixels or I couldn't stand losing anything but the one thing I really enjoy about this game is the character building

Working to get all the different skills for crafters and regular characters was fun because you are constantly building towards something: a more complete character

Knowing thats getting "wiped" in the near future hurts my motivation to do it.

Think about how many people have tried to come back since the breach and couldn't recover their accounts so they never came back

That time investment and characters should count for something

But I do recognize you don't want vets having a big leg up on new players

I don't know how they can reconcile this to be honest

Just forget about the gear and progress . You say it’s about the time spent but it’s only half of that , mo is such a slow struggle that it’s frustrating to lose any progress no matter how minute it is in the grand scheme of things . That’s the issue , Mortal Online is FAR TOO REAL LIFE CONSUMING - you don’t realize now but this obsession we have over this game is not healthy , they have crafted it in such a nefarious and time consuming way that I think it will be good to finally get rid of all these burdens - dozens of characters to look after , 2-4 accounts to sub every freaking month (ya I’m one of THOSE GUYS) , hundreds of skill books needed because for whatever reason I just had to redo multiple characters at once ; it’s all such a hassle , I want to move onto an mmo that can handle with just one or two main characters .

Forget about the characters that we built over the years , forget about the ones we are building currently , but don’t forget about how you enjoy character building because you can still do that to practice for MO2 , and it won’t be a waste if you enjoy the character building itself as it will be very similar in MO2.

It may seem like a massive loss of time now , but remember it has always been a massive loss of time even before this announcement , and no matter what future plans the devs had or have now , you were always enjoying the simple act of character development which can roll straight over to MO2 , barring any crazy changes they might make to character development .

How often will that need to happen though?

Wont there come a point where all the secrets and mysteries are discovered once again?

Will we ask for another fresh start then?
No because the game won’t be riddled by imbalances , glitches and duper’s ? I think you might not be looking towards the dozens of positives MO2 brings that outweigh the negatives of MO1.

I'm hyped by it.
I always liked the exploring part of Mortal. However, the AI system at it's current state is not really what I would describe as "fun".
AI bugging trough walls, shooting trough walls, glitching into/below the player resulting in jumping, walking up steep cliffs,...

Let's hope MO2 isn't just a new client but also a new server with proper AI underneath.

ABOUT CHARACTERS: I believe the max character slots we should have is TWO . One for crafting one for pvping . If you’re too greedy then you should buy another game account . This will prevent massive character amounts for one player and keep things feeling natural . Instead of “oh they’re mounted , everyone switch to their MCs” it will be like “holy shit their mounted please call in our allies with horses”

That’s realistic , that’s natural and that’s fun . You also get a second slot for crafting in case you don’t know anyone who does craft .

Don't like the idea of just one character, kind of goes against the whole skill point system in mortal. As well as the way sieging works, with even more continents taking half a day to walk across the map doesn't sound fun.

Also as someone who owns 3 keeps I hope they wipe everything. It's what the game needs.
Gold has been made valueless.

Yeonan

Trial Member
No because the game won’t be riddled by imbalances , glitches and duper’s ? I think you might not be looking towards the dozens of positives MO2 brings that outweigh the negatives of MO1.
Mechanically yes it will be an improvement.

In terms of continuing to build on what i have over these past years? Its a new slate.

And if thats the case, why should i continue to log in and build my chars? Build TC? when its going to be wiped in the forseeable future.

Just knowing they are planning to shut MO removes any enjoyment i would gain from character building.

And until they specify how it will translate into the new game, your premise of play now to practice for MO2 is wishful thinking sad to say

Drothe

Trial Member
I love the idea, but wouldn't come back unless there was a wipe/new start. It was fun in beta etc when most people were on the same sort of playing field.