Mortal Online 2 Discussion

Keurk

Lol you rather we stick with this shitty outdated game that lets hackers and duper’s stay in the game ruining the economy and any chance for new players to enjoy the game ?

Face it , MO is just TOO FAR GONE - this should have happened YEARS AGO . Now that the Devs are finally doing the right thing I think I will sub again and practice pvp until MO 2 comes out (I don’t care if it takes years , I will wait for it),

Better news could not have come sooner because chronicles of Elyria keeps delaying its fucking pre alpha ...
i don't think people should expect anything from MO 2 considering starvault developpement last 10years. Seeinng how they fucked with MO and how they still took as much money as possible without really giving a shit about the product they were delivering, what do you think is gonna happen with MO2? you think they gonna have fund to make publicity and market it ? if so, they would have done this for MR<
What probably hapen is they see almost their entire community vanishing this last year so they try to get some more monney ,you know, as a final fuck you. Lot of you guys here seems to get hyped, i sincerly would like too, but meh, i think it is a mistake to support such team and such project now ,like you said it should have been done years ago.
the fact you doing 5 posts in a row show how excited and hyped the kid is, for sure.

Last edited:

Teknique

Straight from the man himselves mouth :

“We plan to create another world, for adventure and living another life. That this world will be internally consistent and logical, "realistic" if not in many ways like reality!”

Get rekt Najjy , for snickering about my comment that MO should pull a lot from reality to balance itself correctly . Same goes for you mounted shitter technique .
Lol you won’t be relevant in mo2 either shitty

So some stuff seem good but I see some really big issues.

No f2p- The gamign world is going f2p with micro. Every good sucessful game now is free. Free is replacing 60$ buy cost. Ditching f2p will be a horrific idea. I only ever found this game cuz me and my friend tried it as f2p. And we then spent hundreds on subs for years. That means f2p ended up bringing in possibly over 1000$ just from 2 players.

Bigger world- Nave is already too big and open. going somewhere far can take over 40 mins on a mount. The world is too big for anyone to ever want to travel on foot which causes primarily only mounted roams. A smaller more dense world would be much better.

Not to mention that we have been waiting months for a new island. A entire new world will takes years to make at this rate.

This is hilarious so somehow you are going to do things you never could achieve in Mortal. Like combat balance NPC AI a stable population of players anti cheat just to name a few.

Don't like the idea of just one character, kind of goes against the whole skill point system in mortal. As well as the way sieging works, with even more continents taking half a day to walk across the map doesn't sound fun.

Also as someone who owns 3 keeps I hope they wipe everything. It's what the game needs.
Gold has been made valueless.
Even tought i might miss all the material i have . I think a fresh begin would be better.

Im worried about skill points too ( they could split points per area of interest like : 300 points meele/range weap ... 400 points for crafting ... etc ) you cant be everything you will depend some sort of way on another players.

I see many ppl play this game solo and do everything ... that wouldnt be allow anymore .

Other thing im worried is about teleport from big cities . With one char that should be implemented

I have supported the idea of MO2 forever, even though I will probably lose 99% of my stuff that took 5 years worth of playing in MO1 it will probably still be worth it anyway as long as the population will be much higher.

The question I am wondering is how is multiple characters per account P2W? SV you only make it P2W because you make us buy slots lol.... Now since you say you won't do F2P that means we will just have to buy multiple accounts instead?? Seems like even worse P2W lol... and who wants to respec all the time just to try or do different things? Multiple Characters in a mmo helps stop things from getting stale as well, who wants to play only 1 character for 90000 hours?

Just my 10 cents.

I just have one suggestion for MO2: MORE SINKS!

A fundamental problem with MO, imho, is insufficient sinks for both wealth and toons. All items and materials must decay to avoid hoarding, and to keep players hungry and competitive. Toons must either age (making them less effective) or lose skill/spells (due to shock of death or resurrection) so that players must continually work to improve their toons. Sinks are absolute necessity in games without periodic wipes.

Last edited:

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
What about the time schedule? 5 years till beta and then another 1-2 year until release?

Of cause a "new game" based on MO would be nice. Taking MO2 as "new" game there should be no transfer of character names, skills and items at all. Maybe one account is working out, maybe not, and for sure some players would pay for two or more accounts.

Dalacor

Dont call it Mortal Online 2. Waaaaay too much baggage and hate.

New name needed for a new game.

@Henrik Nystrom , @Sebastian Persson : is there a proper mmo set of netcode available for ue4? are you going to try and stick with 'atlas' as your netcode solution? for an mmo, the netcode is kind of the heart of it.

also this sounds like such a massive undertaking, is there new venture capital coming to aid in the development? i realize seb's got a lot of exp under his belt now (so far as i know, none of the developers had much experience when MO was in development) which should help but if you want this to be done anytime in the next century, its going to take more than one dev.

also also who is going to be doing game design for this? i dont expect mats to be back but hopefully you'll have someone competent to design the systems and mechanics.

also also also if pvp is not the focus, it means you'll have to actually add content to keep people interested. do you have plans for how to add new content and provide a fun experience for players? at the start of MO, it was a bit nerve wracking but also exciting to actually sneak a load of mats past the roaming bands of psychotic killers. transporting a full load from one town to another was a task fraught with peril and doing so successfully really felt like an accomplishment. without this pvp pressure, this constant fear, the game *needs* to have some other form of content to drive it. perhaps pvp will not be the focus but i certainly hope it stays as a central part of the game.

-barcode

I can't wait for the one character per account part! That way people can't kill you then literally switch off to another character and sell your shit right back. I feel like if you go red in mortal ALL of your players should go red with the same penalty. You're catering to toxicity if you don't do it that way. Catering to griefing kills games.

I can't wait for the one character per account part! That way people can't kill you then literally switch off to another character and sell your shit right back. I feel like if you go red in mortal ALL of your players should go red with the same penalty. You're catering to toxicity if you don't do it that way. Catering to griefing kills games.
curious to know how they'll attempt to accomplish this. how will they prevent people from having multiple accounts? track by IP? by computer? payment method? not sure how this could be enforcible as theres no fully accurate way to track this, especially for those who intend not to be tracked.

-barcode

Yeonan

Trial Member
curious to know how they'll attempt to accomplish this. how will they prevent people from having multiple accounts? track by IP? by computer? payment method? not sure how this could be enforcible as theres no fully accurate way to track this, especially for those who intend not to be tracked.

-barcode
Put enough friction in front of people and it will deter the majority from even attempting.

what mmo really has 1 char only i cant think of many. wurm online? usaully its one account multiple char slots

Talos

Talos

Dont call it Mortal Online 2. Waaaaay too much baggage and hate.

New name needed for a new game.
There's also lots of unique charme connected to that name. Even for those that didn't stick around. More than you maybe think love the idea, but hated the execution.

-barcode
This is the whole reason I don't agree with the one character. This will still force the "P2W" to anyone with a brain. Sure it will make less people do it but still will have plenty of people using VPN's and buying multiple accounts. This just gives certain people a advantage over the majority which would be fun for me but its not fair for most people.... Just allow multiple characters slots without having to pay like most subscription model mmos and there's no "P2W" that way..or this could just be a sneaky way to force people to sub multiple accounts by SV lol.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Just think about a large map with long riding between from one side to the other, e.g. one or two hours to cross the complete map. Everybody will be "stucked" to a certain location with one character only. If my guild gets sieged and I'm exploring another corner of the map at that time, I will never be able to make it to the fight in time. So experienced players will buy multi accounts as usual even if they can't play them at the same time at the same PC.