Mortal Online 2 Discussion

I was going to suggest something in the opposite direction, like forming a shell company with a different name to make a sequel with a new label and hoping no-one ever connected the two.

Alas, there are so many people out there who froth at the mouth at the mention of 'Mortal Online' and 'Star Vault'-- I guess that's no surprise.
This is exactly what I thought they should do, make a sister-company and try to rebrand everything including the name of the game. Of course lots of people liked the idea of MO on paper but didn't like the execution, regardless the idea on paper is still the same and will still attract plenty of people but I think it will attract more if there is as little stigma as possible associated with the company and game name.

MolagAmur

This is exactly what I thought they should do, make a sister-company and try to rebrand everything including the name of the game. Of course lots of people liked the idea of MO on paper but didn't like the execution, regardless the idea on paper is still the same and will still attract plenty of people but I think it will attract more if there is as little stigma as possible associated with the company and game name.
I disagree. I personally stay away from companies who rebrand themselves like that. It raises a red flag. Remember WarZ?

I'd like to see SV redeem themselves. It's not like they are known for scams or something. Henrik has admitted he made a lot if mistakes with MO. We can only hope MO was a learning experience for him.

Yeonan

Trial Member
You need to get over it man and realize it's a game and doing that stuff should be fun. Did you really think MO would last forever and your work would never be deleted? If you're not having a good time doing it...what's the point? Play until MO2, then prepare for the new adventure.
Yes actually i planned on having my kids and grandkids farm me platescales and saburra. And maybe rubers, if i let them.

C'mon man you think this is the first MMO i've played that has shut down? Thats my issue here really, they've put a shutdown flag on it while telling us something will transfer to MO2.

If they straight up said MO is going to maintenance mode and MO2 will be a fresh start i'd have no qualms, tip the cap to MO and wait for MO2.

But we're in limbo, MO stuff will kinda, maybe in some way transfer to MO2? I don't know why they announced it without ANY specifics.

I'm with you on this actually, if SV is going to do MO2 just wipe it and start fresh. Don't do a half baked "wealth and success will be transferred in some form" thing.

3 options i see:

1. Stop updating MO, have MO2 be a totally new game and close MO after release.
2. Straight transfer of characters etc. from MO > MO2
3. Keep MO and MO2 servers going.

Number 2 won't happen i know, and that's fine, but SV needs to stop operating in a grey area and choose a distinct path with clear goals and expectations for us players.

Shit lets keep it simple: Anyone with like 30 vet points (total accrued, not saved) gets first month free for MO2? Something like that, no edge on noobs just a nice treat for vets.

MolagAmur

Yes actually i planned on having my kids and grandkids farm me platescales and saburra. And maybe rubers, if i let them.

C'mon man you think this is the first MMO i've played that has shut down? Thats my issue here really, they've put a shutdown flag on it while telling us something will transfer to MO2.

If they straight up said MO is going to maintenance mode and MO2 will be a fresh start i'd have no qualms, tip the cap to MO and wait for MO2.

But we're in limbo, MO stuff will kinda, maybe in some way transfer to MO2? I don't know why they announced it without ANY specifics.

I'm with you on this actually, if SV is going to do MO2 just wipe it and start fresh. Don't do a half baked "wealth and success will be transferred in some form" thing.

3 options i see:

Number 2 won't happen i know, and that's fine, but SV needs to stop operating in a grey area and choose a distinct path with clear goals and expectations for us players.

Shit lets keep it simple: Anyone with like 30 vet points (total accrued, not saved) gets first month free for MO2? Something like that, no edge on noobs just a nice treat for vets.
I'll agree on that. It is kinda annoying Henrik did the announcement without informing us of what will be sent over to MO2. I'm not playing the game currently so I didnt really feel what you are feeling. So I apologize. I can see how you are feeling like what's the point of doing anything in MO when you know it could all be for nothing soon.

MrB

Silver Supporter
Wipewipewipe! I like the idea of starting over. It will probably not be all the same as MO, and gonna be fun building your character while exploring and finding new cool spots or whatevs.
Anything that would be nice to have transferred over is veteran points and maybe reserved names for your char.

I am very interested! Wipe is needed, of course. A lot more info should have been given. This isn't even a teaser, it's more of a tease. I'll be watching close though. I miss beta, and the start of mortal. The rampant cheating and dupes just got to be too much, but a fresh start will bring me and Aly running. I might even get a new computer out of it!

With the collapse of the darkfall games, there are a lot of people looking for something to fill the void, and former mortal players, like myself, would love to see an updated, clean start. Keep us posted, and for gods sake, give us at least SOME more info.

When you play game since 2013, and still have the items you used.. It's hard to let go.
I figure most people won't enjoy it because how is this going to be different than Mortal Royale?
We just want the normal things in game fixed so the vets will come back and make real money for the game
I would even advertize on social media platforms to build the audience
We would pay real money for real fixes

Hopefully long term players will get vanity items in game. Nothing that actually gives anyone an advantage. Also im hoping this is a compeltely new game, UE4 or Lumberyard. MO looks like shit now and is very clunky and outdated in just about every way feasable.

Still hoping MO2 will finally get that UO style inventory system it has been sorely missing all this time.

Also i hope the combat system goes back to pre-awakening. Remove that easy mode bs when it comes to blocking.

Phaytal

scrap mo2 and ue4.

make mortal forever with lumberyard. easily becomes the best game in gamerdom.

Dont call it Mortal Online 2. Waaaaay too much baggage and hate.

New name needed for a new game.
Mortal: Rebirth. BOOM

Also, I'm beyond hyped to see this potentially happening. As someone who's watched and played Mortal for several years, my main hope for the new game is a focus on fixing the bugs and inconsistencies of the game. The physics, the netcode, all of it. I'm convinced that even if Mortal had no other changes than fixing the outstanding bugs, the game would be infinitely more enticing. That being said, once that's achieved, there is an endless amount of work to be done to transfer Mortal into the game everyone wants, such as the new player experience, fixing the horrific, agonizing grind that is leveling up skills, and other issues such as making the map more full of content and surprise rather than watching your character run a marathon every time you want to go somewhere, with the only changing factor being whether or not you get fucked over by other players.

Also, as for Mortal Royale, I have always had a bad opinion of it, and at this point, I think if MO2 is going to succeed, it needs as much focus as it can get. I would personally love to see MR scrapped in favor of a better Mortal Online. I think all MR does is exemplify what's wrong with the game, and makes for even more problems just by existing in a state of continued development.

I have very high hopes for this. I really hope they're warranted, and I wish you guys over at SV the best of luck in the development process going smoothly.

kenvic1

Gold Supporter
I would be be back to play mo 2 , but don`t transfer anything, a clean slate is needed.

Crafting i will go.:cool:

Teknique

This is hilarious so somehow you are going to do things you never could achieve in Mortal. Like combat balance NPC AI a stable population of players anti cheat just to name a few.
UE 4 makes all of that a lot more possible. Just look at how bad the AI is in Atlas. Now we can have the same

I wonder how they are going to make the transition? A catastrophe?

I mean, I have many characters that all have their own story in the Nave. Some even family members.

I am cool with starting fresh in a new game but I hope there is something to explain why my current characters (and many other people) cease to exist in the world.

Last edited:

Teknique

3 options i see:

I guess all I can say for you, is that the knowledge obtained is your true asset.

I have a feeling that some players may stop playing MO altogether between now and when MO2 is released, if their character and what they’ve accumulated in-game isn’t transferred over to the new game. They may reason that what is the point of gaining anything in MO if they have to start all over again when MO2 arrives. I’ll still be playing MO until MO2 arrives, but I’m just thinking out loud here.

@Henrik Nystrom @Herius @Sebastian Persson

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
I have more than 30 vet points on three different accounts, means I would go with three accounts into MO2. I would not believe that. But of cause I will stop paying the usual six month fee unless StarVault gives information about the time schedule. In case of years until MO2 there wll nothing change, but the new player island would of cause be needed in MO1.