Mortal Online 2 Discussion

Also, as for Mortal Royale, I have always had a bad opinion of it, and at this point, I think if MO2 is going to succeed, it needs as much focus as it can get. I would personally love to see MR scrapped in favor of a better Mortal Online. I think all MR does is exemplify what's wrong with the game, and makes for even more problems just by existing in a state of continued development.
Sad but true.
I wonder how they are going to make the transition? A catastrophe?

I mean, I have many characters that all have their own story in the Nave. Some even family members.

I am cool with starting fresh in a new game but I hope there is something to explain why my current characters (and many other people) cease to exist in the world.
Some games are set in a world that's post-catastrophe; my favourite version of this was Shadowbane.

There's a long, not-so-noble tradition of having games (i.e., EverQuest, World of Warcraft) continue in new versions that take place in some dystopian future of the first iteration of the world. (Even Mortal Royale tinkers with this trope.)

The idea of a dystopian future of the present world... of Nave... goes overboard into black comedy for me.

Not to mention, Nave itself was already "sort of" post apocalyptic. We had a great conflux (whatever that was) which played a part in the collapse of the greatest empire the world had ever seen (whoever those Tindremenes are) and we barely explored so much of it. :eek:

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Howdy!
I don't dare talk to much about our plans but I think I can straighten some things out here.

We have NO plans on shutting down MO once we release MO2. We will just keep servers running at that point the two games will be vastly different since early MO2 will only contain a basic set of features.
We plan to then re-add and build upon the game adding features one by one from MO to MO2. It will take a while..a while.. to implement the now massive amount of features that MO2 has.

This means that for a long time MO will have a LOT more features while MO2 sticks to the core while we build it up again.
Re-adding features will be quicker than the first time we did this ofc, the new engine is better, a lot of server stuff can be re-used and also I'm better at doing this and we have more programmers but it will take time.

Howdy!
I don't dare talk to much about our plans but I think I can straighten some things out here.

We have NO plans on shutting down MO once we release MO2. We will just keep servers running at that point the two games will be vastly different since early MO2 will only contain a basic set of features.
We plan to then re-add and build upon the game adding features one by one from MO to MO2. It will take a while..a while.. to implement the now massive amount of features that MO2 has.

This means that for a long time MO will have a LOT more features while MO2 sticks to the core while we build it up again.
Re-adding features will be quicker than the first time we did this ofc, the new engine is better, a lot of server stuff can be re-used and also I'm better at doing this and we have more programmers but it will take time.
I think the big picture needs to get laid out pretty soon otherwise we will lose most of the few people still playing.
People aren't going to be subbing multiple accounts for $15 each for a game that has stopped being developed and all the stuff people have saved is up in the air.

Howdy!
Thanks for the info, just wondering if when you say release you are talking about a alpha or beta or the actual full release? If it's the actual release giving us a idea of what "basic features" it will need before you guys think its developed enough to fully release would be nice info. Lastly like Cookie asked figuring out how and what we will be able to transfer from our MO accounts to MO2 maybe should be a priority to figure out during early development so everyone still playing MO can decide if its worth selling or hoarding everything in our bank stashes.

The Dos Volt community wishes to express there condolences to our brothers and Sisters in the Cross of Jesus Christ for their eternal loss and the Unfortunate Death Of Mortal Online Game Our prayers and Wishes to the Lord and His Son, the Savior, Jesus, inspire you patience and compassion on your suffering and our suffering, and remind you of the signs of the Lord in the Bible where He said on the tongue of Jesus :

"Who is patient to the end shall be saved" (Matthew 10:22; 24:13; Mark 13:13)
"Long-suffering will wait for a while, and then joy will return" (Joshua 1: 1)

We Wish Those Who believe of you the Best of Fortune , Luck and Happiness and God Light His Path
#Deus_Vult
#Gods_Plane
#North_Domination

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Agree to @mastercookie12, I read from the first players who want to stop playing MO because of the announcement of MO2 even without knowing any rough estimated release date. Some information about the dates would be very helpful to hold a decreasing player population in the game.

I'm seeing overwhelming support for a wipe and clean reset and I have to agree, MO2 deserves a fresh start.

Only things like character skills, and vet rewards like capes should be transferred.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Only things like character skills, and vet rewards like capes should be transferred.
And names should be reserved for a certain time. If StaVault would use the same account management as before then the four names could be reserved for this account. When the one and only character for MO2 is created then the player can use one of the four character names. The other three names are released, and after some weeks all reserved names are released.

Yeonan

Trial Member
Howdy!

Love you Seb but thats basically a direct contradiction of what Henrik said in the official discord.

Maybe theres some miscommunication going on but a struct clarifcation would be quite useful.

Screenshot_20190213-054349_Discord.jpg

MrB

Silver Supporter
We don't want ALL features from MO added to MO2 how it currently works tho.

If they want to get a whole other account and do that then fine but I feel like they should just make the penalties heavier because idiots are driving new players away literally at the start because they made them spend 4 hours figuring out how to do anything then they finally got things going and it's all taken in seconds by a scrub with a worn shortsword because crafters are useless fighting. This game is catering to ass holes that just kill noobs and that's why it's taking 15 years to make the second one. You can't make a lot of money on a game that only dicks want to play and especially when F2P fighters can still run through literally any crafter or gatherer or tamer out there. Idk it's too easy to get the best of both worlds and if you don't feel like being a cunt and killing noobs or crafters you miss out on a lot that the assholes are taking advantage of.

MolagAmur

I think Henrik may have announced MO2 too early without giving more concrete info on what we should expect.

Excited:
One character
Bigger map/more continents
More lore/lore integration
Better graphics/engine

Concerns:
Mounted Gear-thresholds
TC balance/ lack of raiding options and rewards
NPCs - Pets, Guards, Vendors, Trainers, Tutors, etc., just too fucking many of them
Linear Mount system super-go-cart-mounts
p.s. SVs tendency for vague and sporadic messaging and sometimes incoherent ramblings on development.

Last edited:
All I'm saying is the penalties should be like GTA or Red Dead 2. People should get chased by NPCs if they do too much and risk losing it all or at least put SOME DETERRENT AT ALL in to give new players a chance. Idk I'm not even playing MO now because there is only 2 people left in the game. People that need shit. And people that kill the only ones willing to get that shit. Fucking pointless to play now if you aren't just waiting by Meduli or Tindrem killing people transporting or gathering.

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Love you Seb but thats basically a direct contradiction of what Henrik said in the official discord.

Maybe theres some miscommunication going on but a struct clarifcation would be quite useful.
Yes it does contradict what he said unless you take time into account.
And I can not talk about the schedule for this yet.
In a couple of weeks we can talk about it again things will be clearer then.

Main reason we posted the announcement was that people found the stock-market stuff and threw all kinds of confusing questions on me that I couldn't even respond to. It was better to say SOMETHING at this point even if we couldn't say all the things.

oykd

Mortal online 2 comes out , then Apex legends dies ?

I was following Mortal Online development a decade ago, but wrote it off when I saw what game engine you were using because I knew it would never work right for the type of game you wanted to make. So I played Darkfall Online instead which had a superior engine and netcode for large scale openworld fps combat...

Now that Unreal 4 is out and has shown to be viable for this type of game and Mortal 2 is switching to it, Im once again highly interested.

However I know enough about CURRENT MORTAL ONLINE to know that transferring items over is a TERRIBLE IDEA for both the in-game economy of Mortal 2 AND it's population.

Mortal 2 being a full wipe and relaunch will bring in FAR more new players, money, and FUN

With everything else you're doing WHY TAINT MORTAL 2 by NOT having a fresh start for everyone?

Last edited: