Mortal Online 2 on Google Stadia

Thread starter #81

Wollkneul

Why google stradia is a bust for gamers .especially MO2

1. Google Stradia costs 9.99 / month , Stop paying for sub? You can't play your games.(You don't really own your games, no files downloaded)

2. Always-On DRM

3.Can't reject Google intrusion/snooping policy changes (expect your info to be sold or misused)

4. Mortal Online 2 is really only going to be viable for a PC setting, its a complex mmo. Stradia is meant as a platform for easy access on various consoles.

5. Mortal Online 2 will have a flat rate to purchase this is IN ADDITION to the monthly charges stradia will charge.

6.Hurts gamers in general ; Promotes Monopoly on market.
"Google Cloud Philosophy"

TLDR : Google Stradia is a project focusing on taking share in the gaming market by selling the point of convenience over privacy , security , utility , and ownership. It's only an OK choice for very very casual gamers or people who don't care about being spied on / or own their games.
I'm personally working with Google in IT.
What most people don't know is, that Google has a two sided strict philosophy regarding data.
If your service is for free, then they will use your data as payment. If you pay for your service (like Google's Cloud Service) they shield your data as strictly as possible. Otherwise no company would use Google's Cloud Service and they would hurt their own business

I'm personally working with Google in IT.
What most people don't know is, that Google has a two sided strict philosophy regarding data.
If your service is for free, then they will use your data as payment. If you pay for your service (like Google's Cloud Service) they shield your data as strictly as possible. Otherwise no company would use Google's Cloud Service and they would hurt their own business
If your service is for free, then they will use your data as payment.
This is a concern in itself, just because something is free doesn't mean the data you provide should be used for their benefit, it's not like they don't run ads on free services anyway like youtube. so that adds to my point.

If you pay for your service (like Google's Cloud Service) they shield your data as strictly as possible.
Assuming this is true^ there is still nothing to stop them from looking at the data or turning it over if requested.

Otherwise no company would use Google's Cloud Service and they would hurt their own business
I do not care about businesses or companies working with google and whether its bad or not for them. My entire argument is that it's bad for gamers / individual consumers.

It's not^ https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/oct/08/google-plus-security-breach-wall-street-journal

Thread starter #83

Wollkneul

If your service is for free, then they will use your data as payment.
This is a concern in itself, just because something is free doesn't mean the data you provide should be used for their benefit, it's not like they don't run ads on free services anyway like youtube. so that adds to my point.

If you pay for your service (like Google's Cloud Service) they shield your data as strictly as possible.
Assuming this is true^ there is still nothing to stop them from looking at the data or turning it over if requested.

Otherwise no company would use Google's Cloud Service and they would hurt their own business
I do not care about businesses or companies working with google and whether its bad or not for them. My entire argument is that it's bad for gamers / individual consumers.

It's not^ https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/oct/08/google-plus-security-breach-wall-street-journal

There is nothing stopping your ISP from giving out your Data.
There is nothing stopping your bank from stealing your money and running away with it.

Well there actually is and that's the law and that's the same law for Google, your Bank and the ISP. Under European law it's illegal to sell your Data without your agreement. And they already said they won't do that.

Google doesn't stand above the law and there is no reason for them to break it.

Regarding your security breach:
Compared to any other major company on this planet, Google had the least amount and severe security breaches of all of them

There is nothing stopping your bank from stealing your money and running away with it.

Well there actually is and that's the law and that's the same law for Google, your Bank and the ISP. Under European law it's illegal to sell your Data without your agreement. And they already said they won't do that.

Compared to any other major company on this planet, Google had the least amount and severe security breaches of all of them

Nonpoint. Arguably you need a bank and an ISP more then you need google and they are 3 completely different services. I rather my bank sell my data then google because the need for that service is more arguable then "google stadia"
Regardless no service should be doing that.

It's also the law to not kill people and yet murders still happen, just because it's against the law doesn't mean it's going to stop illegal activities from happening. It is a WELL KNOWN FACT that corporations have a higher chance of getting away with illegal actions then individuals and to say that's not true is pandering. Besides the fact that European law is European law , if you don't live in the state which elects its own government(corrupt circle jerk) you aren't protected under their law.

Right , because google has such a good reputation. A simple search will show much of their scandals and bad practices
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018...nment-of-free-speech-for-safety-and-civility/
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019...search-results-to-exclude-conservative-sites/
Google isn't going to try and do a public harm to themselves that would be stupid but they will try to benefit themselves as much as possible without trying to get backlash
and BTW there is a reason to break them , MONEY & CONTROL

https://money.cnn.com/2017/10/11/technology/google-home-mini-security-flaw/index.html
https://thenextweb.com/google/2014/...hed-google-says-evidence-systems-compromised/

We can't verify your claim. But what is factual is that an e-mail breach occurred and that those type of breaches are severe in general.

Thread starter #85

Wollkneul

Your Breitbart articles are about a completely different claim and have nothing to do with privacy.

In the end my argument isn't about Google, but cloud gaming in general. Google will just be the first. Amazon, Sony, Microsoft and Nitendo will naturally follow and then you'll have less concerns about privacy.

Your Breitbart articles are about a completely different claim and have nothing to do with privacy.

In the end my argument isn't about Google, but cloud gaming in general. Google will just be the first. Amazon, Sony, Microsoft and Nitendo will naturally follow and then you'll have less concerns about privacy.
Incorrect . You said that google doesn't stand above the law and has no reason to break it so I responded to your claim about that but fair enough maybe it's not necessarily illegal(even though they were held to congress)
[besides that fact that I labled google intrusion as a point]

If your argument was only about cloud gaming then you wouldn't have defended google so much but let's give you the benefit of the doubt, It is plausible that companies may try to do the cloud gaming service jig but it will fail, google stradia isn't the first to try and implement this idea , it's failed previously and while I don't doubt that it may get some traction at first and get some share in the beginning , it won't last long

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_gaming#Cloud_gaming_services_(Gaming_as_a_Service_(GaaS))
^ Nobody uses those services

Thread starter #87

Wollkneul

@Henrik Nystrom

Even if you don't consider developing MO2 on Stadia (which would be a huge mistake in the long run like I explained), you should consider using Google's Cloud Service for hosting.
They started their service for game servers recently:

https://cloud.google.com/game-servers/

The way how cloud computing works is, that you just pay for the actual computation and not a flat monthly fee
That means if you have few players you pay less and if you have a lot players you pay more.

On top of that, like I stated before, Google's Servers are connected via a private network and can exchange game states super fast:

"Ensure your game servers are close to your players, with Google Cloud's 20 regions, all connected by our high-quality private network with over 100 points of presence across the globe"

That means lower ping for people in Australia, America and so on.

But yeah, if you are able to get a low ping in most regions there is also no reason to not develop on Stadia. ;)

Thread starter #88

Wollkneul

Interview with Head of Product:

He says (what I already said countless times before) that you get completely new multiplayer capabilities with Stadia like 500 player Battle Royale, or complicated AI routines powered by machine learning for NPCs.

Just imagine NPCs becoming smarter and smarter the more players interact with them

Stowater

Silver Supporter
If nothing else, this is interesting. Would love to hear SVs thoughts on this.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
In the end my argument isn't about Google, but cloud gaming in general. Google will just be the first. Amazon, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo will naturally follow and then you'll have less concerns about privacy.
You know, maybe if Google Stadia is *first* and works out well, Amazon &/ Sony &/ Microsoft &/ Nintendo will not necessarily follow-- if they have any sense-- unless there's one of them that thinks they can provide something twice as good. Just as good wouldn't be enough to compete, do you think? (Kind of the same way that nothing really competes with facebook in its particular niche?)

Thread starter #91

Wollkneul

You know, maybe if Google Stadia is *first* and works out well, Amazon &/ Sony &/ Microsoft &/ Nintendo will not necessarily follow-- if they have any sense-- unless there's one of them that thinks they can provide something twice as good. Just as good wouldn't be enough to compete, do you think? (Kind of the same way that nothing really competes with facebook in its particular niche?)
What I meant was more radical - the end of classical consoles in general.
In the long run, it won't make much sense to do any kind of intense computation (like video games, AI, Animation, etc.) on machines in your living room.
These games will set the bar very very high (never seen before physics, graphics, AI, etc)

So these companies won't have any choice, but to follow.

Cloud Computing is the future, if you want it or not.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Cloud Computing is the future, if you want it or not.
You know what they say about the cloud, though: It's just someone else's computer(s).

Makes as much sense as anything for games, though.

Thread starter #93

Wollkneul

Do you have a CD collection, or are you using Spotify?
Do you have a DVD collection or are you using Netflix?

This is also somebody else's computer

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Do you have a CD collection, or are you using Spotify?
Do you have a DVD collection or are you using Netflix?
These are not either/or questions in a zero-sum situation.
This is also somebody else's computer
<---Well, when you last saw those words of yours, it was your screen. Now, it's mine. Inbetween, let us /wave and express our grateful thanks to the AIs, men, women, & other of the intelligence & advertising agencies of the world.

Thread starter #95

Wollkneul

"

GAMING
Stadia Multiplayer Will Be ‘Way Better’ Than What You Could Get Out of a Console, Says Google
By Alessio Palumbo / 10 hours ago

With less than two months from the debut of Google Stadia, Jack Buser, Director of Games at Google Stadia, appeared on the latest Kinda Funny’s podcast for a lengthy chat on the cloud-only platform.
Buser revealed that he has been working for four years on Stadia, while others on the same project joined much earlier than him. He also remarked that Google Stadia will offer a ‘way better’ multiplayer experience compared to what you could get out of a console because of its data center structure.
RELATEDUbisoft: Stadia’s Server Capabilities Will Usher in a New Generation of Games
Another example we give is, if you take a Battle Royale game, you got like a hundred people playing. And basically your PC or your console is busy trying to coordinate with my PC and my console. And there’s 98 other PCs and consoles, and they’re trying to network them all together to make it look like there’s a hundred people running around the same battlefield, right. It’s a very tough engineering problem, which is why Battle Royale games are relatively new, it took a while for us to figure out how do you synchronize a hundred different consoles and people’s living rooms with varying degrees of Internet connectivity all over the world. It’s tough. But with Stadia, it’s the world’s largest LAN party. Ultra high bandwidth and super, super stable connections between every person playing. ‘Is multiplayer going to be good on Stadia?’ Oh yeah, way better than what you could get out of a console. Because all of these cloud instances are all talking to each other with these very, very robust, high bandwidth pipes. You can imagine multiplayer worlds with like, forget hundreds, thousands of people all running around a playfield together all at the same time, all being rendered up on the screen."​

https://wccftech.com/google-stadia-...ter-than-what-you-could-get-out-of-a-console/

In about 6 months, this thread will be a great example why humans mostly are not rational beings and are not listening to arguments to make decisions in their lives

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Truly we live in an age of miracles & wonders-- the good kind-- the reproducible, improvable, and extensible kind.
In about 6 months...
"In about 6 months, this thread will be a great example why humans mostly are not rational beings and are not listening to arguments to make decisions in their lives." -- @

Better archive it now, then.

If you know what I mean.