Mortal Online 2 Website is up

Seeing as MO has not had any good big patches since what 2015 or something. Does that mean they have been working on MO2 since 2015 I wonder. Must be as no devs would spend 4 years doing (almost) nothing right ?
Last big patch was the tutorial island patch buddy , and it raised the population by 2 times .... just because you didn’t care for it doesn’t mean it was Insignificant ...

I'm kinda surprised that SV is not giving out free beta keys to all active vet members of the community. I mean we have endured some fucked up shit and still lurk on the forums/playing the game.

It's like saying thanks y'all for wasting hundreds of hours and supporting us all this time but unless you got 150 fuxk off.

MolagAmur

The Discord is great and all, but Henrik should get back to posting on the forums as well.

Also, Henrik saying Mordhau has good animations worries me...

sunshiner

I'm kinda surprised that SV is not giving out free beta keys to all active vet members of the community. I mean we have endured some fucked up shit and still lurk on the forums/playing the game.

It's like saying thanks y'all for wasting hundreds of hours and supporting us all this time but unless you got 150 fuxk off.
If that is how you feel about the time you spent here then you need to re-evaluate what the heck you are doing. No one is forcing you to play, if you dont enjoy it, then dont do it.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Last big patch was the tutorial island patch buddy , and it raised the population by 2 times .... just because you didn’t care for it doesn’t mean it was Insignificant ...
Yes it is.

But the 4 years before that patch nothing got done, that is still true.
I did enjoy Haven for a weeks time but by then I had seen/tested everything the small island had to offer.

So what your saying is because steam raised the population by what 10 times the steam patch was that much better than Haven patch ? But then comes the problem, where is steam patch raised population now ?

A patch is not good because it brings players, a patch is good if it can HOLD players, the longer they stay the better the patch. Hype only does so much, the rest is up to the product.

But then again why did Haven take so freakin long if that was all they where working on at that time ? It took retardedly long even after its supposed launch date a year prior to its launch.

If that is how you feel about the time you spent here then you need to re-evaluate what the heck you are doing. No one is forcing you to play, if you dont enjoy it, then dont do it.
Are you serious? We all wasted countless of hours on obtaining pixels that won't transfer nor have any use (like magic school scrolls). We have died to countless bugs, reported countless of bugs, kept giving SV money in the hopes of the game achieving the goal they all sold us back in 2009. I'm not sure when you got here but I was one of those who was up all night spamming f5 every time the store crashed just to get into the beta. And after all the exploits, dupes weird ways to die and lose your shit to all the hacks that made people lose tons of ingame hours and not to mention ALL OUR PERSONAL data being leaked I would expect a simple: hay thank you for sticking around here is a beta key, buy the game if you like it or don't if you dislike it.

There is a limit to how much players can go through and the ones that have been here since the very start deserve at least a free beta key. I can't imagine that SV would not offer this as it is the least that they can do. I'm not saying give away game keys for free, I'm saying give the true veterans a small Christmas gift in form of a beta key so that they can feel appreciated.

I think SV will offer beta keys when Beta actually happens but this is Alpha we are talking about. There will be a very limited number of player slots on the server this early and the object of the test is to test the combat mechanics. I suspect after combat alpha when the game moves into closed beta then people will be able to preorder MO2 with 1 month free game time and closed Beta access for something like 55 to 60. Then i suspect all previous MO accounts will gain Open beta access prior to release.

I think SV will offer beta keys when Beta actually happens but this is Alpha we are talking about.
Wops I mean alpha keys. Basically the same waves of block a to c that are still active on these forums.

They will probably do an open beta to stress test the server either way.

Wops I mean alpha keys. Basically the same waves of block a to c that are still active on these forums.

They will probably do an open beta to stress test the server either way.
I was Beta block E :D originally. I remember the first time i logged in i thought wtf have i done this is horrendous and i have wasted my money. But the more i played the more i enjoyed it and i spent most of my Beta days dueling people outside of Moh-Ki i was a red who spent time defending blues in Moh-Ki area from other reds and basically learning the combat mechanics.

I was Beta block E :D originally. I remember the first time i logged in i thought wtf have i done this is horrendous and i have wasted my money. But the more i played the more i enjoyed it and i spent most of my Beta days dueling people outside of Moh-Ki i was a red who spent time defending blues in Moh-Ki area from other reds and basically learning the combat mechanics.
You were the last block then right? Still I would count all the blocks to be veteran's as we were the first ones in.

My story was similar to yours but I spent my days in vadda until I stumbled upon Myrmidon in meduli were I was finally beaten in duel by the leader so I decided to join up and moved to kranesh and then CC.

They should be giving all vets alpha keys to help actually test and make sure the alpha is good. But that wont make anyone throw 150$ at the game just for the alpha. Which is why they wont. Which from a business standpoint is fair but for actually making a quality game limiting your testers to the credit card warriors isnt the best idea.

sunshiner

Are you serious? We all wasted countless of hours on obtaining pixels that won't transfer nor have any use (like magic school scrolls). We have died to countless bugs, reported countless of bugs, kept giving SV money in the hopes of the game achieving the goal they all sold us back in 2009. I'm not sure when you got here but I was one of those who was up all night spamming f5 every time the store crashed just to get into the beta. And after all the exploits, dupes weird ways to die and lose your shit to all the hacks that made people lose tons of ingame hours and not to mention ALL OUR PERSONAL data being leaked I would expect a simple: hay thank you for sticking around here is a beta key, buy the game if you like it or don't if you dislike it.

There is a limit to how much players can go through and the ones that have been here since the very start deserve at least a free beta key. I can't imagine that SV would not offer this as it is the least that they can do. I'm not saying give away game keys for free, I'm saying give the true veterans a small Christmas gift in form of a beta key so that they can feel appreciated.
Very serious. Not sure what kinda measuring contest we are doing with the whole "here since". But if that somehow matters: So was I, spammed f5 all night long and played since block B. And apparently was here on the forums 2 years before you too.

We all bought the game and played the game as is. I dont recall at any point being in doubt that there would be bugs all over the place. They were pretty adamant about that fact ever since before the beta and alpha. And even if they hadnt been; niche mmo sandbox made by 20-30 people? Almost self explanatory.

I know what I paid for, I enjoyed it so i kept paying for it. Thinking that somehow makes anyone entitled to something is strange. Almost as strange as continuing to pay for something I would then describe as being wasting my own time. Could simply have never paid a penny and waited for the game to be where you felt it was worth paying for.

Materials not carrying over is a given. If anyone spent time gathering stuff because they were thinking it would have some inherent perpetual value then thats an assumption thats on them.

Would it be a nice token, sure, would appreciate it and probably make sense for them to get people moved over with it. But feeling straight up entitled to one is just about as confused as people that think their bank is their friend or owes them something just for having been a customer.

Last edited:
You were the last block then right? Still I would count all the blocks to be veteran's as we were the first ones in.

My story was similar to yours but I spent my days in vadda until I stumbled upon Myrmidon in meduli were I was finally beaten in duel by the leader so I decided to join up and moved to kranesh and then CC.
Shortly after release i joined Invictus which was a part of the Ascension alliance in GK, after Invictus collapsed i joined AQ and remained in AQ until i left the game. I originally went to GK to find some sulphur, i went in leather armor with a flakestone sword and ended up in a fight with the leader of Inivcitus at the time and i beat him. Afterwards he asked me to join the guild. I was pretty good at dueling at release due to my experience of dueling guys like Ins, Founten, and SunTzu back in beta who were some of the best pvpers at that time.

Last edited:
Very serious. Not sure what kinda measuring contest we are doing with the whole "here since". But if that somehow matters: So was I, spammed f5 all night long and played since block B. And apparently was here on the forums 2 years before you too.

We all bought the game and played the game as is. I dont recall at any point being in doubt that there would be bugs all over the place. They were pretty adamant about that fact ever since before the beta and alpha. And even if they hadnt been; niche mmo sandbox made by 20-30 people? Almost self explanatory.

I know what I paid for, I enjoyed it so i kept paying for it. Thinking that somehow makes anyone entitled to something is strange. Almost as strange as continuing to pay for something I would then describe as being wasting my own time. Could simply have never paid a penny and waited for the game to be where you felt it was worth paying for.

Materials not carrying over is a given. If anyone spent time gathering stuff because they were thinking it would have some inherent perpetual value then thats an assumption thats on them.

Would it be a nice token, sure, would appreciate it and probably make sense for them to get people moved over with it. But feeling straight up entitled to one is just about as confused as people that think their bank is their friend or owes them something just for having been a customer.
Unfortunately the support is unable to recover my original account (2009) due to me losing my email but thats a whole other discussion.

We are not entitled to anything, but we do deserve being appricated or are you used to being treated like dirt?

We all bought the game based on FUTURE PROMISES. None of us bought the game to swim in sausage lake, die by falling through the world, fighting a turned based AI (remember their footage of the minotaurs fighting Seb? Or the troll picking up a player and throwing hm on the ground), all the issues that are still present today. It was fine for an alpha or beta and acceptable back then but releasing a game in it's state showed that only the very hardcore fans of MO stayed. The others left a long time ago, tired of all the issues.

How many of the block veterans are still here out of the 20k player base? 10? 30? How about the full loot owners? Or the people that kept donating over the course of months to support MO? I mean some appreciation is due.

Unfortunately the support is unable to recover my original account (2009) due to me losing my email but thats a whole other discussion.

We are not entitled to anything, but we do deserve being appricated or are you used to being treated like dirt?

We all bought the game based on FUTURE PROMISES. None of us bought the game to swim in sausage lake, die by falling through the world, fighting a turned based AI (remember their footage of the minotaurs fighting Seb? Or the troll picking up a player and throwing hm on the ground), all the issues that are still present today. It was fine for an alpha or beta and acceptable back then but releasing a game in it's state showed that only the very hardcore fans of MO stayed. The others left a long time ago, tired of all the issues.

How many of the block veterans are still here out of the 20k player base? 10? 30? How about the full loot owners? Or the people that kept donating over the course of months to support MO? I mean some appreciation is due.
They stated at one point that a sub to MO would also give access to MO2 as well. And that current MO subs would have access to testing. Not sure if that is still holding true though.

At the very least I hope that the vet points are more useful in MO2.

They stated at one point that a sub to MO would also give access to MO2 as well. And that current MO subs would have access to testing. Not sure if that is still holding true though.

At the very least I hope that the vet points are more useful in MO2.
I must have missed that completely. If that is true then great work from SV! Would be nice to have a confirmation by SV on the forums as well.

Almost no-one I know of feels that way about *all* the time he spent here.
Or the money.

A few of those who did have been very vocal & active about their lack of enjoyment.

• Mosly likely the bulk of those who feel it was all wasted didn't stick around to say so (or keep paying); those folks did something like, as Henrik relates, log out in the jungle while lost and never log back in. With one thing and another, a lot were lost in their first days who would have eventually learned to enjoy Mortal Online.
    • He thinks he's going to get some of those lost people back; I can only wish him 'good luck'.

Those who don't feel it was all wasted seem frequently to be feeling that their particular community (guild, or friends) made some of the time & money spent worth it-- which isn't really much to Star Vault's credit.
(SV's game always has had, does, and possibly always will have problems with the difficult kind of people it attracts in numbers disproportonate to MO's niche size; with the kinds of ways that people invent to subvert the systems; and with keeping enough population for anything resembling that 'living world' @Henrik Nystrom talks about. Star Vault can 'hope' to improve, but they have a discouraging history.)

Or, folks with good memories of MO had a few good battles-- their first successful siege-- some fun exploring-- or some fun figuring out what turned out to be worthwhile to figure out, and then doing that-- despite spreadsheets. Over time, most of them seem to be talking about what *was* possible, but no longer is doable.

• Not even to mention those who made a RL profit from the game.

No-one could have possibly enjoyed all the bugs, the unmentionables, the DDoS, the crashes, the placeholders that never got replaced, the sloth-like pace of development, the sudden veering turns of 'balance', the poor security and the subsequent loss of content and history due to outside influences. If everyone who had legitimate gripes with any of those things had quit or did quit right now, I guess you'd be on your own. Maybe you should be happy that some are still here to complain; if they hadn't, would the game be going on?

Yeonan

Trial Member
Almost no-one I know of feels that way about *all* the time he spent here.
Or the money.

A few of those who did have been very vocal & active about their lack of enjoyment.
  • Mosly likely the bulk of those who feel it was all wasted didn't stick around to say so (or keep paying); those folks did something like, as Henrik relates, log out in the jungle while lost and never log back in. With one thing and another, a lot were lost in their first days who would have eventually learned to enjoy Mortal Online.
    • He thinks he's going to get some of those lost people back; I can only wish him 'good luck'.

Those who don't feel it was all wasted seem frequently to be feeling that their particular community (guild, or friends) made some of the time & money spent worth it-- which isn't really much to Star Vault's credit. (SV's game always has had, does, and possibly always will have problems with the difficult kind of people it attracts in numbers disproportonate to MO's niche size; with the kinds of ways that people invent to subvert the systems; and with keeping enough population for anything resembling that 'living world' @Henrik Nystrom talks about. Star Vault can 'hope' to improve, but they have a discouraging history.)

Or, folks with good memories of MO had a few good battles-- their first successful siege-- some fun exploring-- or some fun figuring out what turned out to be worthwhile to figure out, and then doing that-- despite spreadsheets. Over time, most of them seem to be talking about what *was* possible, but no longer is doable.
  • Not even to mention those who made a RL profit from the game.

No-one could have possibly enjoyed all the bugs, the unmentionables, the DDoS, the crashes, the placeholders that never got replaced, the sloth-like pace of development, the sudden veering turns of 'balance', the poor security and the subsequent loss of content and history due to outside influences. If everyone who had legitimate gripes with any of those things had quit or did quit right now, I guess you'd be on your own. Maybe you should be happy that some are still here to complain; if they hadn't, would the game be going on?
People quitting in frustration isn't unique to MO.

Maybe the reasons are unique, but all MMOs have salty vets and rage quitters who miss the good ol' days.

I wouldn't fault someone for quitting for whatever reason, but to look back on it as wasted time says very little about the game. If someone is logging in day after day then there is clearly an acceptance of how things are.