Mortal Online 2 Website is up

Really? Over 25 people @Henrik Nystrom could you prove this by snapping a pic of the office hard at work. Mortal has never had the resources needed to reach it's potential.
If I were working for Star Vault I'd demand my face blurred, even if their offices were not "clothing optional". :oops:

I know in a recent
Really? Over 25 people @Henrik Nystrom could you prove this by snapping a pic of the office hard at work. Mortal has never had the resources needed to reach it's potential.
It is probably like 5 devs and 19 people on work experience and the office cat.

I would love to have this statement with a side of mild source sauce.
I don't have the ability to look it up now. But i remember Henrik saying something like that early on.

It may have been on discord when it first got leaked. Henrik talked a bunch then but then went silent for legal reasons or something.

If you have access to discord from that time then you could maybe find it there.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
They should be giving all vets alpha keys to help actually test and make sure the alpha is good. But that wont make anyone throw 150$ at the game just for the alpha. Which is why they wont. Which from a business standpoint is fair but for actually making a quality game limiting your testers to the credit card warriors isnt the best idea.
The 150$ are not just for the alpha but also give lifetime subscription to MO1 and include the costs of MO2 (60 Euro) and one subscribed month (15 Euro).

If you have access to discord from that time then you could maybe find it there.
I do, and I shall look if you won't. I just don't remember a specific promise "that a sub to MO would also give access to MO2 ".
  • If he made one, I expect someone to try to hold him to it.
  • If he didn't, we all prefer to discuss what he did say rather than what we hope or fear he said, naturally.
But i remember Henrik saying something like that early on. It may have been on discord when it first got leaked.
Double-checking my existing logs and the Discord client's current log of What Henrik Said starting on Tuesday, 2019-02-12 (MO2 Announcement Day)-- which is as early on as it gets-- I don't find any statement closely resembling your "a sub to MO would also give access to MO2", aside from the stated fact (from later on) that any of the lifetime subs to MO* will continue to apply to both MO1 and MO2. Perhaps that's what you meant? It certainly applies only to a few, and is not merely "a sub".

It's also recently been said, by Henrik and others, that the special Conflux Donation Package of ~$150 to MO2 will come with *one month* of MO2, plus the rest of MO1's lifetime, in addition to Closed Combt Alpha Access-- and that's even farther from what you said.

'm chalking it up to wishful thinking because you can't provide a reference and there does not seem to be one. Additions and corrections lower down!

Last edited:
I do, and I shall look if you won't. I just don't remember a specific promise "that a sub to MO would also give access to MO2 ".
  • If he made one, I expect someone to try to hold him to it.
  • If he didn't, we all prefer to discuss what he did say rather than what we hope or fear he said, naturally.
<reserved for findings>
Yeah, I can't do it at this time. Check early part of the year. Late Jan early Feb I would guess was around the time.

Komodor

Oghmium Supporter
Well, giving keys to all veteran players or at least supporters would be... I don't know... appropriate?

Well, giving keys to all veteran players or at least supporters would be... I don't know... appropriate?
I suspect all previous players will get open beta keys which is appropriate. I also expect there to be closed beta access with a pre-order of the game later. I am not surprised really that not everyone gets free combat alpha access.

sunshiner

Unfortunately the support is unable to recover my original account (2009) due to me losing my email but thats a whole other discussion.

We are not entitled to anything, but we do deserve being appricated or are you used to being treated like dirt?

We all bought the game based on FUTURE PROMISES. None of us bought the game to swim in sausage lake, die by falling through the world, fighting a turned based AI (remember their footage of the minotaurs fighting Seb? Or the troll picking up a player and throwing hm on the ground), all the issues that are still present today. It was fine for an alpha or beta and acceptable back then but releasing a game in it's state showed that only the very hardcore fans of MO stayed. The others left a long time ago, tired of all the issues.

How many of the block veterans are still here out of the 20k player base? 10? 30? How about the full loot owners? Or the people that kept donating over the course of months to support MO? I mean some appreciation is due.
I am used to paying for what I get, not expecting something different from what I pay for. Anything else I would just feel I would be setting myself up for disappointment. If I felt I had been treated like dirt I would't be here, hence my perhaps slightly off-handed comment that if thats how people feel about the time they spent with the game, then maybe it would be more sensible not do so. I sure would be long gone.

I don't know where that future promise comes from, maybe we read and or interpreted the material differently, but I never expected anything other than what I got and I did't have any expectation that my payment came with a future commitment from them. If you were told that you would get something other than what you got, then I can understand your point of view.

But I haven't/nor do I feel like I was promised anything other than the game as is, and they have been pretty transparent all along about what state it would be, and is, in.
About the vets left: Im honestly positivly surprised by the amount that are left. Its a 10 year old niche game. But i suppose thats subjective.

I am used to paying for what I get, not expecting something different from what I pay for. Anything else I would just feel I would be setting myself up for disappointment. If I felt I had been treated like dirt I would't be here, hence my perhaps slightly off-handed comment that if thats how people feel about the time they spent with the game, then maybe it would be more sensible not do so. I sure would be long gone.

I don't know where that future promise comes from, maybe we read and or interpreted the material differently, but I never expected anything other than what I got and I did't have any expectation that my payment came with a future commitment from them. If you were told that you would get something other than what you got, then I can understand your point of view.

But I haven't/nor do I feel like I was promised anything other than the game as is, and they have been pretty transparent all along about what state it would be, and is, in.
About the vets left: Im honestly positivly surprised by the amount that are left. Its a 10 year old niche game. But i suppose thats subjective.
I'm kinda stunned by your statements.. Are we even playing the same game? Am I in the wrong here or what? You comment makes me slightly doubt these 10 years of beta testing. Are you used to paying 15 usd per month to die to weird bugs, nodelines and exploits after putting down a good 5-6 hours grind for the gear?

.. wait what am I saying, of course you are used to it. We all are but that does not make it right in the end. Hence why thousands of players left the game, leaving a population of 100 at peak times.

SV even said it themselves that the reason they switched to UE4 is because UE3 could never deliver the vision they had for MO.

I'm not here to argue with you. You have your opinion and I have mine. Given the results we are experiencing right now I do believe that my opinion is shared amongst thousands of players and yours amongst a few dozen.

I'm not in any way bashing SV nor MO. I am just stating the obvious that most of us came here with a vision sold to us by SV and we have endured some very very rough times hoping to see the sunshine peak out from behind the dark clouds. Has the adventure of MO1 been at times wonderful and unique? Yes it bloody hell was incredible and at times it has been epic but in-between those moments we have had a lot of very shitty moments. We all became addicted to the dream of MO and got used to the shitty downside, just like crack in real life.

For the sake of MO2 I really hope that SV listens to people with critical constructive thinking rather that just blind fanbase.
I'm going to leave this discussion between us now as I see no point in arguing. I am looking forward to a fresh start and I believe that SV has learned a lot during their development of MO1.

I do however hope that SV is kind enough to allow us vets to finally lay our eyes upon the dream we have so much looked forward to without forcing us to yet again pay a hefty sum of money.

sunshiner

I'm kinda stunned by your statements.. Are we even playing the same game? Am I in the wrong here or what? You comment makes me slightly doubt these 10 years of beta testing. Are you used to paying 15 usd per month to die to weird bugs, nodelines and exploits after putting down a good 5-6 hours grind for the gear?

.. wait what am I saying, of course you are used to it. We all are but that does not make it right in the end. Hence why thousands of players left the game, leaving a population of 100 at peak times.
Dont have time for a full reply. But to address just that first point.
Ofcourse not, thats a given.
But I knew that was part of the package, it was clearly communicated all a long, and I have a hard time seing how anyone could expect it to ever be different, given the type of game we all like to play.
So when people say they wasted their time and expected something different, then I cant help but feel that is a bit naive. And when they say that is still the case 10 years on, it makes me wonder why they are still here doing so, expecting it to be different.
I dont mind the bugs because they are worth it to get the game I enjoy playing, and I truly enjoy it in spite of them.

I would love to have this statement with a side of mild source sauce.
Here is one thing I read:

Eldarwen02/12/2019

mortal online 2 should have an open test server not a hidden group that try to make chanages they like

Henrik02/12/2019

most likely MO subers will get access to MO2 start test
I may not have totally understood what he was getting at. But it sounds like he was suggesting that people subbing to mortal would possibly get access to the testing of MO2. It also seems like I read more on this elsewhere too. But not positive of that.

Its far from a promise though and is unofficial.

Edit... Here is a couple more:

Henrik02/12/2019
you can do one sub, and you get MO and MO2 access

Henrik02/12/2019
sub active = access
I am not real sure of the context on these. But it again sounds like he is suggesting that if you pay a single sub then you will get access to both games on that account.

Last edited:
I hope SV release a combat alpha trailer soon or at least before the release of combat alpha. Sort of showing off some of the work they have done to entice more to join the combat alpha.

I am not real sure of the context on these. But it again sounds like he is suggesting that if you pay a single sub then you will get access to both games on that account.
Yes it does! Thanks.

Edit... Here is a couple more:
Let's call these A and B.

I found A; the message ID is 544835663489400848
and the link is:
-- for our future reference.
I think, assuming good faith on Henrik's part, that he's more likely referring, in A, to the current Conflux Package (sub for rest of MO1's lifetime plus Combat Alpha plus one month of MO2 with option to keep subbing) than to anything else-- since there's (so far) nothing else on offer of this kind. But at some point where he's not selling special packages, a sub to MO2 (after purchase) really should include your MO1 account if there was one. It's just by no means an explicit promise.

B's context looks to me like:

3:02 AM]{HnF} Dank: Gm what if i got 2 p2p on MO
[3:02 AM]Henrik: sub active = access​
[3:03 AM]?CEBEP?: lol​
[3:03 AM]Henrik: 2 accs = 2 accs access​
--
This:
Eldarwen 02/12/2019​
mortal online 2 should have an open test server not a hidden group that try to make chanages they like​
Henrik 02/12/2019​
most likely MO subers will get access to MO2 start test​
is at:
without making it clear at all what he means by "start test".
  • Combat Alpha? Apparently not.
  • Beta? Maybe not.
  • The future MO2 Test Server after MO2 starts, meaning releases (meaning either 'gets officially out of beta' or 'goes persistent')? That'd be my best guess.

Stuff Henrik Said on that date ("02/12/2019") starts with this:

Let's call these A and B.

I found A; the message ID is 544835663489400848
and the link is:
-- for our future reference.
I think, assuming good faith on Henrik's part, that he's more likely referring, in A, to the current Conflux Package (sub for rest of MO1's lifetime plus Combat Alpha plus one month of MO2 with option to keep subbing) than to anything else-- since there's (so far) nothing else on offer of this kind. But at some point where he's not selling special packages, a sub to MO2 (after purchase) really should include your MO1 account if there was one. It's just by no means an explicit promise.

B's context looks to me like:

3:02 AM]{HnF} Dank: Gm what if i got 2 p2p on MO
[3:02 AM]Henrik: sub active = access​
[3:03 AM]?CEBEP?: lol​
[3:03 AM]Henrik: 2 accs = 2 accs access​
--
This:
Eldarwen 02/12/2019​
mortal online 2 should have an open test server not a hidden group that try to make chanages they like​
Henrik 02/12/2019​
most likely MO subers will get access to MO2 start test​
is at:
without making it clear at all what he means by "start test".
  • Combat Alpha? Apparently not.
  • Beta? Maybe not.
  • The future MO2 Test Server after MO2 starts, meaning releases (meaning either 'gets officially out of beta' or 'goes persistent')? That'd be my best guess.

Stuff Henrik Said on that date ("02/12/2019") starts with this:
Honestly At this point I really am not up to debating what Henrik said or meant. Only he really knows anyway.

My best guess is that things have changed between that time and now.

I was under the impression that being subbed to MO would give access to MO2. At this time it does not seem to be the case. If that will change in the future I do not know.

I am pretty confident that they will be low on testers if they only plan on having the people that pay $149 up front though.

Sure people will want to get in the game and check things out. But many will not stick around to actually do testing once they have gotten a peek. It is the way these things seem to often go.

I am also pretty confident that Henrik knows this as well. So the $149 thing is most likely just a way to get more cash flowing in up front.

But that is just how I see it.

True that not all alpha backers will stick around to test. Personally for me it will depend on what times the test servers are opened for and if that coincides with me not being at work.

However this is just a combat test and i doubt it will have many if any features above simply spawning on an island, getting equipment off an npc and attacking each other. When the game goes full closed beta that is when they will need the numbers to test all the features etc.