Mortal Online 2 - Wishlist

1. Major player population centers located close to each other, near the center of the map which is then surrounded by "wilderness". This way you can have high density of player-to-player interactions as well as a large map. In MO1's map, the cities which are supposed to be major population centers, Tindrem, MK, Beth, are simply too far apart.

2. Some form of examine/search command. This is absolutely necessary to have for interesting dungeons and "zones", not MO1's hack-and-slash dungeons/caves. You put the target cursor on a section of wall, an urn on a table, or a chest found in a cave. There is no indication that there is anything interesting there (no name of item pops up like for the R command in MO1). You start the examine command, and there is a 15 second delay. Depending on the character's int/psy or lore levels, RNG is used to determine to see if the hidden door in the wall is found, a riddle carved into the urn is noticed, and whether the poisonous needle trap is detected on the chest. If there is nothing there, then the 15 seconds wasted by the player.

3. Different intelligence levels for npc's. How in the hell does a giant cricket know to leave a ff, who is hacking away at it a meter away, and charges the mage healing 20 meters away? A bandit? Sure. But not a ratzar.

4. A finite lifetime for every single item in the game. Everything should decay, except for donor cosmetic items.

- Get rid of the race mixing to decide on your stats. Make that part a bit simpler.

- More variety of builds.

- Make thieving more viable.

- Make melee combat in the same vein of Chivarly or Mordhau.

- I love everything about MO1's world so leave it the way it is more make it feel more alive and look better.

MaDeuce

Trial Member
I love collecting everthing I can possibly collect for my character in game!! What makes me the happiest is when I can have a wardrobe for an occasion to put on something unique and different to standout in events or just because Im feeling it.

Lastly If there are NPC's, I would love to dominate all the non functional NPC's, (Non-vendor types) giving them fight stats with different lvls and or fighting abilities.

1.) A true northern continent where the temperature is always at a freezing point. Players will have to craft fur armor warm enough to survive and if they wear metal or less clothing they will take freeze bite damage. (this continent will not only offer new lore and a new place to explore that we have never seen before, but also bring a market for fur, spicy foods and more opportunities for TC.)

3.) Parkour as a new skill ability that allows players to climb mountains, trees and walls. To defend against climbers you will have to build crenelated walls to stop them from breaching.

4.) Make the Riser race playable but they can not enter human settlements or half breed cities or they will be killed on site by players and guards. This will offer a powerful but challenging race to play, as they will have to make their home in caves and wilderness camps.

@Herius
1) As someone who is primarily an armor smith/ miner, I love the cold and warm becoming more important to armor design. More options, not less! Having to make various gear with different attributes is a big plus for me.
2) there was no number 2?
3) parkour is interesting, but not sure how it would be implemented. Grapple hooks maybe, or crossbow with rope? Not true parkour, but effectively having placable ladders, and climbing ropes? Not true parkour but climbing function? In early beta, jumping was about 1.5 times the height of players and it was fun. I used to annoy sharalol in kranesh with my ex WHENEVER possible. Maybe increased jump height combine with climbing?
4) mixed feelings about Risars, a pure pvp enemy to all (including each other!)? Add in trading to them is against law? Dunno if it would work, but maybe?

I love collecting everthing I can possibly collect for my character in game!! What makes me the happiest is when I can have a wardrobe for an occasion to put on something unique and different to standout in events or just because Im feeling it.

Lastly If there are NPC's, I would love to dominate all the non functional NPC's, (Non-vendor types) giving them fight stats with different lvls and or fighting abilities.
I love collections. Add in items that spawn in environment and in chest worth collecting.,

deathshroud

Exalted Member
I assume we will be getting a separate forum or at least a separate forum section for MO2 once the combat alpha goes live?

gotcher

Don't gatekeep unique and interesting mechanics behind absurd grind. I would probably stick around for at least 6 months more if I could get a spiritist going without spending 50h in the Sator dungeon.

well they have data of players of two people i know one of them never played mounted+other never ever done anythink in game so nerf mounteds nerf other thinks what other person was controlling in time... its called a test team.... soso sad :(
Test team should be devs mostly and some hand picked community members , star citizen has a whole team dedicated to testing and most of them are paid .

If you’re paid to test, you aren’t going to fuck up for fear of being fired .

This is expensive but something SV should look at considering they can’t seem to trust us or themselves with balancing for free .

instead of adding more things, more continents, and more complex features. build and refine on what is already at the core to make the game good.

pvp
pve (ai)
crafting
player systems (guilds, trading, friend management, mail systems)
world-building

everything else should come after. we dont need to spin up new interests in continents, ships, new magic schools, etc.

just fix, refine, and balance the things that make 'mortal online' mortal online. if the game had a strong foundation, then extra features would be welcome. but seeing as mo1 has a lot of fundamental issues either because of lack of balancing, lack of initiative to change, or because of technical and or engine limitations.. star vault are giving themselves an opportunity to show us - a weathered, battered community of mostly sour people that they actually did learn in the past 10 years.

like vaith said, i know this is just sharing your ideas but out best bet is to hope star vault actually has changed. but i wont believe it until i see it personally.

Thread starter #51
Test team should be devs mostly and some hand picked community members , star citizen has a whole team dedicated to testing and most of them are paid .

This is expensive but something SV should look at considering they can’t seem to trust us or themselves with balancing for free .
I think that internally they already started a "testing-alpha". I guess the purpose of the combat alpha is more to get feedback how players like the new combat system, and less to find bugs.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
2) there was no number 2?
I think #2 suggestion above was going to be a Rule about how "you do not talk about #2".
4) mixed feelings about Risars, a pure pvp enemy to all (including each other!)? Add in trading to them is against law? Dunno if it would work, but maybe?
I seem to remember a non-aggressive Risar vendor in Gaul Kor, and IIRC then losing him would make the game world a little less colourful.
I love collections. Add in items that spawn in environment and in chest worth collecting.
Yeah, me, too, but: That's more competition for limited bank space, unless the limit is made higher. Maybe MO2 can handle more storage space-- I mean, a lot of people who just & only played Fighters before could be about to sing out the Craftsman's Blues ("where do I keep all of this?"), especially without those little F2P assistants lots of us used to have.

I wonder if anyone still dreams of messy bags (so-called) or messy banks? (I've seen these in Darkfall, and heard they were The Way It Was in UO.) Not to my personal taste, but maybe those who will play Mortal Online 2 will want to suggest it.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
nstead of adding more things, more continents, and more complex features. build and refine on what is already at the core to make the game good.
Everything you listed as a priority seems to be a priority, already-- if we take Henrik's word for it.
we dont need to spin up new interests in continents, ships, new magic schools, etc.
A) This is a Wishlist, grinch. New interests are going to be on it.
B) Long-term SV plans still seem to be to have more continents, eventually. Get used to the idea; you'll have a long time to do so.
C) The man said, there are going to be thirteen, count 'em, 13 magic schools, whether you like it or not. It's not as if the community needs to suggest it; it's on the long-term agenda.
D) No-one's going to stop liking the ideas you don't like.

E) Vaith? Who is Vaith? :D

1. With only one character I hope we have a better storage system, my banks are always full and its a problem to resort to using the mail and other characters just to hold items.
2. I hope for a different and more fun criminal system.
3. Wishing for a high population!

I want them to make the game that they want to make.
Doubt I could come up with things that would surprise anyone.

They should write down what the intentions are for things so we can tell them if it works.
Maybe some things are meant to be messy or hard, maybe some things are supposed to be confusing.

Allows me to appreciate the lesser things as well.
It is a lot easier to take "bad" systems if you know what they are trying to do. There are many systems that looked broken/wrong but turned out to be intentional and just misunderstood. There are also a lot of systems that don't do what SV wants them to do.

phyzm

I think #2 suggestion above was going to be a Rule about how "you do not talk about #2".I seem to remember a non-aggressive Risar vendor in Gaul Kor, and IIRC then losing him would make the game world a little less colourful.Yeah, me, too, but: That's more competition for limited bank space, unless the limit is made higher. Maybe MO2 can handle more storage space-- I mean, a lot of people who just & only played Fighters before could be about to sing out the Craftsman's Blues ("where do I keep all of this?"), especially without those little F2P assistants lots of us used to have.

I wonder if anyone still dreams of messy bags (so-called) or messy banks? (I've seen these in Darkfall, and heard they were The Way It Was in UO.) Not to my personal taste, but maybe those who will play Mortal Online 2 will want to suggest it.
Ya in UO bags, the items stayed where u put them, so there was actually strategy to how u organized and buried certain things to make it more difficult to loot. However i dont think it fits MO just because QoL is so terrible. So many extra steps in doing things already.

My biggest wishes
2 Character slots
NO Wealth transfer
A Finely tuned release with as much implemented as possible. With a $60 purchase and $15 sub it needs to have most of what mo1 already has and not a gradual process. First impressions are beyond important.
There will be thousands of people playing, PLEASE have servers that can support this. You dont want a sht show release.

The ability, eventually, to explore the other worlds through the gray halls.
A deeper gaming experience that one can enjoy when not involved in PvP

Amelia

Hey,
if you're only allowed to state 3 wishes for MO2, which ones would those be?

Let me start:
- More dynamic events across the map.
- Improved AI (no walking or shooting through walls and better collision, AI ignoring hight e.g. attacking from ground of lake).
- Reduced TC scope (e.g. no guards)
I like your first two and also I would like to see explorable furnished buildings.

oykd

well in SV games test team people just dont test stuff they found stuff and then abusing it and not telling about it to SV devs team. its like whooot? like arakhorns helm with 1%durability sells to the vendor and you buy it back for full durability ? damn people abused it for years and funny think is i heard from the guy who was in test team atm.

-Dont force me to use races I dont want just for stats, I support small subtle racial stats and skills
-Copy Mordhau's sword combat when it comes to visuals/gore/weight
-Copy Destiny 2's Bow combat regarding visuals/hit feedback
-Make weight tiers of armor and let me look how I want to look, light armor tier should be able to appear as any light looking armor, heavy tier look like heavy tier armor and so on, basically transmog but still balanced and recognizable
-Physics based combat
-Personality on characters like idle animations, integrated emotes in the movement (like Mordhau), weapon shield bashes. Basically PERSONALITY on our own characters
-Downed animation variety, I dont want to look to 4 kneeling dudes waiting to be executed, give some variety to animations that we will CONSTANTLY see all the time
-PvE that feels like PVE and not AI chasing you like r*tards, make the world feel alive through AI
-World that is busy, dont give too many open spaces with scarce buildings, MO1 reminds me of an open field with thrown buildings in it, not immersive at all.
-Robust graphical options so the game can be played in many PCs without giving big advantages
-A city for criminals and PKers where you wont be able to purchase everything, but very basic things.
-Grim atmosphere and serious tone, no pink unicorn garbage