Mortal Online 2 - Wishlist

My wish list for MO 2 is to see a better improvement in communication and support for world building (logistics) ( MO 1 fails hard in QoL features and content for back benching/relaxation/where to find conflict)

Basically game needs way more logistics behind the scenes for the pve players. I think if MO combined the might of logistics and treated player lives as (supplies) this would be amazing. You need clothes,iron and wood to create say 1 supply. This supply allows players to spawn by either resurrection or "player priests"

It doesn't cost any supplies to respawn at NPC cities or major towns. (This could be a incentive to control Major towns for clans as they can respawn in town without using their own supplies)

By using resource for lives, lives become more valuable and you create a constant need for moving material, conflict and (power) and the ability to counter zergs.

Zergs would use up more logistics. A smaller skilled group would be able to exhaust enemy supplies and eventually gain a upper hand as the other team is unable to resupply close.

Create a logistics system by incorporating it into world building.

Building roads allows you to move faster and also allow you to assign npc patrols and have road stops along the main roads as a small protection and place of interest for players and pkers.

By incorporating roads into the game, you give players a place to move along (predicted routes) which allows players to create plans of actions which others can also predict and allows more conflict to engage thus creating local hotspots of trouble because they all want to use the roads to move resources.

Mounts move slower on terrain. They are meant for flat surfaces and they get best performance from being on roads. (roads again will allow mounted players to (congregate) to certain areas while also allowing foot players to get away by using terrain to their advantage.

I think for MO to be the best game in balance it needs to compromise between game styles by giving both areas to breathe in and excel in.

Territory control and NPCS
Heavy emphasis on logistics should be the way forward. Different kind of factories (butcher factory, tool factory ) with queue orders all npc controlled.

ALL MENIAL TASKS SHOULD BE DONE BY NPCS but still give the players ability to do it themselves. It this day and age to meet a general audience and with your targeted age group you need to think that most people don't have all day to play games so you need to think not on a player level but on a META level when it comes to "player item progression and production"

Player progression is important but you need to also have a meta progression in play where no matter how much time you have to play MO2 you can feel like you contributing something to the world.

Clans should have "tech trees" and every clan building should be upgradable with "upgrades" and each building essentially has it own "tech tree" which needs upgrading before you gain access to additional perks/abilities/items. Some tech tree options have to be found in the world where players find knowledge upgrades which allows the clan to gain access to that tech/ability. I believe i like to see the relic system return in some fashion and play a part in the meta game in regards to the tech tree.
The main clan building should have a main "tech tree" if that building gets destroyed the clan looses all it "knowledge" and thus loses it ability to create advanced clan structures or items etc.

This is my take on the direction i think MO 2 should take in regards to the meta game.

War is bloody, War isn't meant to be easy. lets get MO2 done!

EDIT:
Also the more reason for supplies in a game with world building is the ability to have a decay system in place based on supplies.

I believe instead of just a gold upkeep there should be a supplies which gets crafted from many resources that is used as a "upkeep resource" and all TC structures need to be connected to a network from a "main supply base with upkeep resources"

This way the upkeep on gold cost isn't too high but a clan needs to stay active to keep their base from decaying by constantly getting supplies and because the supplies are made from many supplies they should be good money maker for smaller clans for example as they can bring supplies and it takes a real war effort to fight by the players themselves.

Last edited:

Teknique

1. Please God no Russian Subs
2. Please God not client sided

A normal myrland size map, not a 4x myrlnd map. Myrland is plenty big how it is. It just needs more in it so half of it doesnt feel empty (like the entire east of bakti south of mk pretty much lol).

Put more stuff in myrland. Map feels too big and open, having more stuff would fix this.

Lower mount speed to cap at like 400, bred mounts should cap at fast tamed speed, so bred are just max str can have more hp. The map beign balanced for 500 speed jet horses is stupid. If mounts are slower it hurts foot travel less.

Last edited:

Wabbajack

A normal myrland size map, not a 4x myrlnd map. Myrland is plenty big how it is. It just needs more in it so half of it doesnt feel empty (like the entire east of bakti south of mk pretty much lol).

Put more stuff in myrland. Map feels too big and open, having more stuff would fix this.

Lower mount speed to cap at like 400, bred mounts should cap at fast tamed speed, so bred are just max str can have more hp. The map beign balanced for 500 speed jet horses is stupid. If mounts are slower it hurts foot travel less.
Myrland is too small for a decent population. Increasing the map size allows for more players as they would be split up into different regions causing less performance issues in general.

Allowing players to freely construct houses/buildings and still keep the current world would completely backfire and we would see player housing spam.
Instead of having that let's have a bigger world with certain area restrictions where you can build. With that I do not mean that you can't place a house in the jungle, what I mean is that some areas might have "bad ground" which would cause the house to deteriorate a lot fast over time. That way the players that truly want to live in the swamp are free to do so but at a higher cost of resources etc.

So instead of having the steppe become one giant city we would see clusters of houses at right locations making it look more natural at the same time as those "try hards" are free to live in scetchy places.

And yes the new myrland will probably have a lot more interesting and cool areas to explore, ruins, dungeons, caves and so on.

Horses and speeds are a balance issue and need to be looked at over time as it is hard to balance such a feature right away. I do believe however, that horses and riding will be common among all type of playstyles unlike what we have had before/today.

Last edited:
Myrland is too small for a decent population. Increasing the map size allows for more players as they would be split up into different regions causing less performance issues in general.

Allowing players to freely construct houses/buildings and still keep the current world would completely backfire and we would see player housing spam.
Instead of having that let's have a bigger world with certain area restrictions where you can build. With that I do not mean that you can't place a house in the jungle, what I mean is that some areas might have "bad ground" which would cause the house to deteriorate a lot fast over time. That way the players that truly want to live in the swamp are free to do so but at a higher cost of resources etc.

So instead of having the steppe become one giant city we would see clusters of houses at right locations making it look more natural at the same time as those "try hards" are free to live in scetchy places.

And yes the new myrland will probably have a lot more interesting and cool areas to explore, ruins, dungeons, caves and so on.

Horses and speeds are a balance issue and need to be looked at over time as it is hard to balance such a feature right away. I do believe however, that horses and riding will be common among all type of playstyles unlike what we have had before/today.
A big world helps with a big pop but when the pop is low kills the game. Smaller world can still work with big pop but also works with lower population so is a much safer option. And I'll be honest I dont expect MO2 to have a giant population lol. So I'd rather play it safe.

The current myrland is plenty big to have a good population. If players actually spread out and live in the different towns. Like the whole east of bakti south of mk area is virtual unnused land most players dont go to. Ya 1k players on living out of tind and bakti would be a problem but if they were spread around the world would be fine. And by "add more stuff" I mean more mobs and dungeons and stuff, less wasted space.

TC placement should definitely be limited so theres not TC and walls and stuff everywhere. But even with limited like keep spots lots of players could still live out of guild bases.

And if the criminal system isnt garbage you shouldnt have players getting griefed by blues 24/7. And the town residents could zerg down the reds who try to camp the towns because the blues should be the majority.

Big world = darkfall. Pop gets low, you cant find a player outside stuff like sieges. Game becomes virtual single player. Not good for anyone who wants player conflict. Which is MO's strong point.

Wabbajack

A big world helps with a big pop but when the pop is low kills the game. Smaller world can still work with big pop but also works with lower population so is a much safer option. And I'll be honest I dont expect MO2 to have a giant population lol. So I'd rather play it safe.

The current myrland is plenty big to have a good population. If players actually spread out and live in the different towns. Like the whole east of bakti south of mk area is virtual unnused land most players dont go to. Ya 1k players on living out of tind and bakti would be a problem but if they were spread around the world would be fine. And by "add more stuff" I mean more mobs and dungeons and stuff, less wasted space.

TC placement should definitely be limited so theres not TC and walls and stuff everywhere. But even with limited like keep spots lots of players could still live out of guild bases.

And if the criminal system isnt garbage you shouldnt have players getting griefed by blues 24/7. And the town residents could zerg down the reds who try to camp the towns because the blues should be the majority.

Big world = darkfall. Pop gets low, you cant find a player outside stuff like sieges. Game becomes virtual single player. Not good for anyone who wants player conflict. Which is MO's strong point.
4x myrland is half of Darkfalls starter contient size (kinda can't really compare it, could be a bit smaller or larger) .

SV is not building a new MMORPG to have 1k players. In that case might as well close up shop as it would not even be enough to pay for expenses. The aim is to have a few thousand active players, minimum 1k active players at any given time.

The current size of myrland can hold at most 1k players at any given time and with those numbers it becomes very, very crowded and the server takes a huge performance hit at populated areas.

I believe that MO will attract a very good amount of players, probably a few thousand (could be as much as it was pre release which was around 20k+ sold copies if I remember right).

Those numbers are needed to keep MO2 going and with UE4 amazing features, holding the title of true sandbox MMORPG it should be easy/easier.

I believe SV has the Quxel package which allows them to create massive breathing environments fully or partially optimized for as low as 199 usd per month (I'm using it myself). https://quixel.com/

Combined with other assets they are able to cut corners in their development while keeping triple A quality visual and gameplay wise.

Teknique

Teknique

whats wrong with russian sub? u racist?
Client sided game with 4 cent subscription is a baaaad combo. Also I don’t want to VPN steam accounts to pay the same price as everyone else

Wabbajack

I just hope their animations are better
I believe that we will see some very fluid animations, much better than what we have right now. The first faze of the alpha is all about movement and animations I belive unless I'm mistaken (saw Henrik say that either here on the forums or discord).

Creating a cool looking environment has never been easier so I really hope they focus a lot on player movement, animations/combat and AI.

Everything else should not be a huge issue (except optimization which is a bitch both server/client wise as well as fps)

-Dont force me to use races I dont want just for stats, I support small subtle racial stats and skills
-Copy Mordhau's sword combat when it comes to visuals/gore/weight
-Copy Destiny 2's Bow combat regarding visuals/hit feedback
-Make weight tiers of armor and let me look how I want to look, light armor tier should be able to appear as any light looking armor, heavy tier look like heavy tier armor and so on, basically transmog but still balanced and recognizable
-Physics based combat
-Personality on characters like idle animations, integrated emotes in the movement (like Mordhau), weapon shield bashes. Basically PERSONALITY on our own characters
-Downed animation variety, I dont want to look to 4 kneeling dudes waiting to be executed, give some variety to animations that we will CONSTANTLY see all the time
-PvE that feels like PVE and not AI chasing you like r*tards, make the world feel alive through AI
-World that is busy, dont give too many open spaces with scarce buildings, MO1 reminds me of an open field with thrown buildings in it, not immersive at all.
-Robust graphical options so the game can be played in many PCs without giving big advantages
-A city for criminals and PKers where you wont be able to purchase everything, but very basic things.
-Grim atmosphere and serious tone, no pink unicorn garbage
Literally said just about the same things lol we should make a game together lol

1 much bigger map traveling should not be just a quick jump over the hill or run to the end of the valley then you just magically get to a new town that just so happens to have all the facilities that you need like a full bank and all the vendors etc
2 towns like meduli that are small and close to major cities should be considered hamlets and there banks should be half size to reflect their inability of not being able to protect your stuff as well also their vendors should have higher prices to reflect their lack of goods but anything that is easy ish to get locally should be sold cheaper to encourage travel
3 mc should be moved up from 8 hours to 24 per kill if you want to kill players and make their life hell then you can pay the price also and not just go AFK in the arena well you go to work
4 like said above ships/wagons good idea as well healing pets at stables over time i would tho keep the other options like vet/potions and healing spells but make them only 25% as effective especially the potions so no one can just insta heal their pet
5 the distance between keep spots should be massive so you have to think about actually laying siege to someone and not be like well they are only 10-15 min away so lets go blow them up war is war not PvP of convenience
6 would like to see mounted AI bandit/ raider patrols something like Khurite raider or something around certain areas that are semi easy ish to solo just to add variety to game of course they should not be worth much they are more of a annoyance that you cant just out run easy
7 horse armor heavy horse armor like gold jadeite steel should slow your mount down a little but offer more protection medium horse armor Khurite should not slow mount down as much but offer lower protection light horse armor like just plain saddle because if an arrow hits the saddle it would offer some protection but you can run at max speed this would make it so that you cant just have the best of both worlds speed and protection plus this would also help noobs a little bit if they just have a saddle they would have a slightly higher chance to get away
8 the NPC guild/ factions that they have right now need have some time point besides just endless PvP some reason to actually join them like guild exclusive armor/weapons they should be medium to high quality not the best or any thing of course just a perk of joining them but they should cost a massive amount of points that you can only get from fighting the other NPC guilds

Uhhhh

1. Add more social features, relationship building, mini games, taverns, fashion, theaters — stuff that isn’t related to power/farming/killing

2. Design the game around optimizing a normal healthy lifestyle. E.g. Every day your skill leveling, max farming potential, whatever is capped at like 5 hours. Of course you could play longer but things should no longer be dominated by “no lifers” (we’ve all been there... not judging at all )

3. No player GM’s /helpers that have any access to things others don’t. This game had a big problem with integrity, duping, etc

4. Public ban list that shows the players forum account — along with all characters banned, guild affiliation, and reason

5. Audit of the economy and players inventory— remember afk fishing and potion “multiplying”? Not chill sis

6. Every race should be viable for a playstyle ... no more I wanna pvp so I have to make a min/max perfect height ThurKhur ... that is just durrdurrr

Last edited:
something that bothered me in MO and wish for MO2 would be
1: stats for all AI(pets or otherwise) upfront, so that implementing stats later isnt such a large diffrence, plus, i hope that'd mean we can higher variety of mounts! more for pure diversity and fun than practicality. i want to ride our lord and savior lord-wisent into battle.

2: crafting diversity, and this part i mean that the unbalanced/broken design combinations be rebalanced but still implemented, instead of just coding the combinations out. two instanced is remember is the spear head daggers and lance head staffs. they were coded out because of their imbalance but they were so fun to have! i mained and enjoyed crafting so even if they were made to become subpar, id still make and use them due to personal preference. for fun duels or casual farming. i hope they can find a way to bring back that availability in MO2 now that they know the problems that came to be.

3:early intergration of AI improvements such as : autonomous camps, raid mechanics and also bringing back the wildlife-behavior i have heard about that was removed before my time. TT__TT

hope everything is going swell with production, looking foward to it!

phyzm

Myrland is plenty big now, it wont be at 2000+ players.

Speznat

please SV make nothing client side, and make only sub to play that hackers cant make hack software and shit. that these fuckers need to pay eaach try.
pease nothing client side this time, please.

Make as much as possible handled from your servers. That duping shit and hackers, dotn even have a chance.

Thread starter #78
please SV make nothing client side, and make only sub to play that hackers cant make hack software and shit. that these fuckers need to pay eaach try.
pease nothing client side this time, please.

Make as much as possible handled from your servers. That duping shit and hackers, dotn even have a chance.
You know how laggy this would be, especially for players on the other side of the world?
A latency of 500ms (average Australian player. :D) for moving and co would be horrible to play.

Speznat

You know how laggy this would be, especially for players on the other side of the world?
A latency of 500ms (average Australian player. :D) for moving and co would be horrible to play.
who needs australia anyway?

much better country and in europe is austria much better more beer less fire.

I hope they stick to the 1 server approach, and better secure servers with alittle latency for australian players, than a game full of dupers and hackers.

phyzm

who needs australia anyway?

much better country and in europe is austria much better more beer less fire.

I hope they stick to the 1 server approach, and better secure servers with alittle latency for australian players, than a game full of dupers and hackers.
Damnnnn, who needs Australia? If thats the way you feel then lets be real, how many players mo2 will have lies heavily in the US playerbase. So if you really have mortals best interest in mind, put the server there. But you dont do you, you have your interest in mind. Which is why your the only long term player who wants wealth transfer.