Mortal Online 2?

Hayasa

Honored Member
Ehh.. What "thriving population" are you talking about?
Exactly!!! he killed it with the MO2 announcement... on top of all that, there is nothing to show for it...

Sounds cool but. Ya I'm really skeptical on the 4x big thing.

Going from tindrem to jungle crocs on a not max mount takes like an hour. Imagine being on foot cuz u have 1 character who isnt mounted and the world begin 4x as big. Game will be a travel simulator.

And bigger worlds = darkfall. Darkfalls map is so stupid big u cant find anyone if its not a seige. We dont want that.

Gloria victis is the opposite its super small and condensed but your line of sights are usually short so that it doesnt feel as small. But it makes getting around much less tedious.

Bigger map means u need more players for it to feel good.

Wabbajack

The reason why you game DIED after Elementalism, is your stupid announcement about a game that IS NOT PUT TOGETHER NOR HAS A TEST SERVER... and you're talking about a website? THAT TAKES ONE DAY... YOU WOULD HAVE A THRIVING MO1 POPULATION IF NOT FOR YOUR POST ABOUT the mythical game called MO2...

WHERE IS MO2 PROVE IT... wait nope, you're just here to troll us

I mean no disrespect but STOP POSTING and TELL PEOPLE TO PLAY MO1
Calm down.

A website does not take "one day", it takes a while to polish and create something unique and modern.

Your whole post seems like a troll post. I bet you will shit your pants once you see what they have in store given your massive hard on for the current MO.

Wait patiently and you will hopefully see a new era on the sandbox MMORPG market.

Going from tindrem to jungle crocs on a not max mount takes like an hour. Imagine being on foot cuz u have 1 character who isnt mounted and the world begin 4x as big. Game will be a travel simulator.

And bigger worlds = darkfall. Darkfalls map is so stupid big u cant find anyone if its not a seige. We dont want that.

Gloria victis is the opposite its super small and condensed but your line of sights are usually short so that it doesnt feel as small. But it makes getting around much less tedious.

I agree on that. I know about exploring stuff and so on, but I would rather enjoy a smaller map packed with content than a big map, feeling lonely and empty.
To be realistic, for the current MO1 population a map the size of Tindrem would be sufficient, when it would be full of content and not a huge empty thing.

I bet on the current Myrland map I will be able to leave Tindrem on the main gate, collect 1000 Tephra at the crater and bring it to the Sator Dungeon without meeting a single person... At least at my early European times...

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
I'm glad to read about the changes in the announcement history about transfer of gold and materials! We had long discussions in the forum after former announcements that even TC could be transferred. And as a active player since release day my materials stacks are enough for years, so why should they be transferred? I very much like the idea to play kind of a new game from a clean state.

The only problem with this announcement is that the activity in MO1 will very fast go down even more, because now it's clear that everything reached in this game will end with the release of MO2.

Hayasa

Honored Member
Calm down.

A website does not take "one day", it takes a while to polish and create something unique and modern.

Your whole post seems like a troll post. I bet you will shit your pants once you see what they have in store given your massive hard on for the current MO.

Wait patiently and you will hopefully see a new era on the sandbox MMORPG market.
Are you kidding me? The guy says MO2 almost 1 year ago... NO WEBSITE... at the rate of production, my grand children will play MO2, let’s all not be stupid and understand it takes 8 months per patch to come out, and you are thinking that are going to make a new game? Seriously? They still ah e not fixed the bugs from the haven patch... THERE ARE INVISIBLE NPCs RIGHT NOW!!! They couldn’t even do a Halloween event WITHOUT BREAKING THE GAME...

sunshiner

Are you kidding me? The guy says MO2 almost 1 year ago... NO WEBSITE... at the rate of production, my grand children will play MO2, let’s all not be stupid and understand it takes 8 months per patch to come out, and you are thinking that are going to make a new game? Seriously? They still ah e not fixed the bugs from the haven patch... THERE ARE INVISIBLE NPCs RIGHT NOW!!! They couldn’t even do a Halloween event WITHOUT BREAKING THE GAME...
They mentioned at the announcement that they couldt hold back with saying something because they had to include their work on MO2 in the investor reports. Geez, calm down.
What do you want them to do? Let us find "MO2" in the investment report a year ago and still just remain silent? Fuck off with that childish and pathethic whining, looks like a child slammed its face on a keyboard.

Groenholdt

You went full Ginyu.. wrong account

Hayasa

Honored Member
You went full Ginyu.. wrong account
yeah, typing fast on a tiny phone is hard...

lets be realistic... we are playing

MO version 1.88

we will need to get it to MO version 2.0

SO WE ARE MISSING ATLEAST 12 patches before we get to MO version 2.0

at a rate of 8 months per patch, times 12 patches that's 96 months...

so we would expect MO version 2.0 to be out by November 2027

Hayasa

Honored Member
They mentioned at the announcement that they couldt hold back with saying something because they had to include their work on MO2 in the investor reports. Geez, calm down.
What do you want them to do? Let us find "MO2" in the investment report a year ago and still just remain silent? Fuck off with that childish and pathethic whining, looks like a child slammed its face on a keyboard.
want to know the work they did?

they talked about it, and scribbled on scrap paper... that is ALL... NOTHING... NO WORK... not even a website in since the announcements... no screen shots you know why? THEY CAN'T

want to know the work they did?

they talked about it, and scribbled on scrap paper... that is ALL... NOTHING... NO WORK... not even a website in since the announcements... no screen shots you know why? THEY CAN'T
I really hope they wil prove you wrong... :rolleyes:

Hayasa

Honored Member

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Lets just say that at release and other high points in population Myrland was pretty small, people where all over and everywhere.
Spawns was smack full most of the times.

With Myrland being 4x bigger, we dont need another continent like crappy Sarducaa atleast until popualtion warrants it.

Now Hayasa, MO is broken beyond repair, most old players have no faith it can be fixed to a good state seeing as the last time it was in a good state was Dawn back in 2011- 2012.
I am sure the devs like MOs old population has given up on the game by now and thats why they are focusing totally on MO2.

Ofc I would say thats a mistake as MO is a perfect testing grounds for changes for MO2 but thats my opinion on it.
Theres no way in the seven hells that SV could fix MO before MO2 releases so I can see their whole "why bother" aattitude by now.

Hopefully MO2 releases in a good state and that the promotions for the release brings back old players and new alike, I just hope they do it right and brings back the game they promised back in 08-09.

MaDeuce

Trial Member
I says play the Frack'n game to give resources to build a better MO2!!! Play to stay fresh with your skills and upon release crush the rush of MO2 noobs beneath you!! At worst its switching one game for another, dropping accounts and start new with ONLY ONE HOPEFULLY once MO2 is released . If you enjoy playing the game DO IT!! If you don't give twice a shight don't play, just adult about it.

Hayasa

Honored Member
Lets just say that at release and other high points in population Myrland was pretty small, people where all over and everywhere.
Spawns was smack full most of the times.

With Myrland being 4x bigger, we dont need another continent like crappy Sarducaa atleast until popualtion warrants it.

Now Hayasa, MO is broken beyond repair, most old players have no faith it can be fixed to a good state seeing as the last time it was in a good state was Dawn back in 2011- 2012.
I am sure the devs like MOs old population has given up on the game by now and thats why they are focusing totally on MO2.

Ofc I would say thats a mistake as MO is a perfect testing grounds for changes for MO2 but thats my opinion on it.
Theres no way in the seven hells that SV could fix MO before MO2 releases so I can see their whole "why bother" aattitude by now.

Hopefully MO2 releases in a good state and that the promotions for the release brings back old players and new alike, I just hope they do it right and brings back the game they promised back in 08-09.
This is the amount of focus MO2 has... you ready?

Ok there you go... you might notice there is nothing there

MO2 will run different from MO1.
It runs on a new engine which will make it feel a bit different in many ways.
The combat system will be rebuilt to be more fluid and modern. We will greatly improve the feedback and motion in the combat. We still keep the core system from our current game.
The visuals will be pushed to the limits once again hoping we will retake the claim as one of the best looking sandbox on the market when we release.
One character per account with a rebuild skill system. We want more value, depth and investment into each account/character. More progression to refine your character and to play the style you want.
A larger more living world, we start with Myrland only. Myrland will be approx 4 times larger than old Myrland.
The AI will be completely rebuilt to be more stable, reliable and function with our major event/creatures.
We will focus heavily on Myrland, the AI and the character along with the combat system and all persistent features. With this in place we will go live and release MO2. After this we will continue to add feature after feature as the game will never be fully finished but will continue to live and expand. We will do absolutely everything we can to stay true to our original vision and follow our own game design. We will use all 10 years of experience of what worked and what didnt from the old game and make use of it in the new game.
In many ways we were limited in the old tech and had to take shortcuts and alter the design in some ways. This time we will be less limited
Every patch will be well thought out and tested before we go live with it. We will try to show the public our road map and in some cases you may be able to vote for what feature you want to see before another.
We also focus heavy on making the game more accessible and easier to get into, in which Haven patch started for us.
We want all mmorpg players to be able to try out and understand the game to give it a chance even though it stays true to being a hard core mmorpg in the sense of rules with pvp and loot.

Being hardcore in a way where its to complex and difficult to figure out how to dye your clothes is not a good way to be hard core in. This we change in many fields. We want to award players that devote time and exploration still of course, which always been one of the strength in MO.
The TC system will be rebuilt since we gathered a lot of data and feedback on its current state and we can all agree on that it needs a rebuild.
We want it to be exciting and interesting to venture into the wild and deep into forest that this time will both play and feel like real forest.
We are also looking to change the flagging system to be more logic and follow what you would expect in a real world in this time. You may not see any flags on a player when venturing in the wild. You have to keep track on who is friends or foes and in cases how you handle reports to guards and players.
Races will stay more true to their background in the world.
Naturally the main goal here is to give back that magical old feel when entering Nave for the first time, this time around much more polished stable, fun and easy to get into but takes a life time to fully master.

We wont directly transfer gold and resources from the old game to the new one, however we plan to convert your wealth that will transfer and play a role in the new game since a new conflux is getting closer. More details on this when we go live with the new website for MO2.

We are working on finalizing the new MO2 website with more information and to share ss and videos of the new game. Shouldn't take to long now before we can go live with this. We are as always very happy to have your support in showing that the market want this kind of game and with all this knowledge and experience we gathered over the years we are confident we can deliver much more and better.
We are extremely excited and looking forward to show you what we been doing and are really working the fastest and hardest we can. A lot of time goes into handling the growing team, there are always a shift in how things runs when going larger and to get them into the proper fields so we hope you bare with us for being silent this long but now things are getting more effective hence my response here.

/Henrik
Estimate Timeline since wealth and mats wont transfer over ,and everything we know will be destroyed .... ?

Wabbajack

You do understand that the reason MO is as it is, is due to rushed patches right? Why make that mistake again? Why rush things and ruin yet another chance at bringing back the sandbox experience in a less "hardcore" manner.

The workflow for the unreal engine which MO is currently using is tedious and very lacking in many aspects. UE4 is much better in every single aspect which will allow the SV team to produce a beautiful product given enough time, dedication and knowledge from past mistakes.

Calm down, play MO if you want to or simply play something else in the meanwhile. I would suggest to keep a sub going as every dollar is great support for SV.

Bicorps

Trial Member

We already tell starvault in the pass that the map is too big for the amount of player. It take too much time to find any pvp ( even with 300 player online ). And they want make the map x4 bigger for MO2?

Its obvious that they didnt learn anything over all the years.

Wabbajack

We already tell starvault in the pass that the map is too big for the amount of player. It take too much time to find any pvp ( even with 300 player online ). And they want make the map x4 bigger for MO2?

Its obvious that they didnt learn anything over all the years.
Map size is not the problem, it's the point of interests that are the issue (and of course a thriving community of at least 1000 active players).

Hayasa

Honored Member
You do understand that the reason MO is as it is, is due to rushed patches right? Why make that mistake again? Why rush things and ruin yet another chance at bringing back the sandbox experience in a less "hardcore" manner.

The workflow for the unreal engine which MO is currently using is tedious and very lacking in many aspects. UE4 is much better in every single aspect which will allow the SV team to produce a beautiful product given enough time, dedication and knowledge from past mistakes.

Calm down, play MO if you want to or simply play something else in the meanwhile. I would suggest to keep a sub going as every dollar is great support for SV.
You are right, they shouldn’t rush patches... 8 months per patch it should be 2 years per patch... got it