Mortal Online 2?

Speznat

@Henrik Nystrom

please take your time even if it needs 10 years. please make it fucking perfect. from the big things to the smallest details fuckign perfect please.

dont listne to trolls just put out your best no hurry at all, and make it clean that you can update in 10years to the next unreal engine version.

just make it very good and slowly.

Hayasa

Honored Member
@Henrik Nystrom

please take your time even if it needs 10 years. please make it fucking perfect. from the big things to the smallest details fuckign perfect please.

dont listne to trolls just put out your best no hurry at all, and make it clean that you can update in 10years to the next unreal engine version.

just make it very good and slowly.
In 10 years... there will be unreal 7.... oh my lord

Wabbajack

You are right, they shouldn’t rush patches... 8 months per patch it should be 2 years per patch... got it
I'm not necessarily talking about time constraints here, it's a mix of that and a well thought out QA testing session's that would cover everything from bugs to gameplay decisions.
You know sometimes things sound good on paper but turn out very different in reality due to unforeseen or overlooked circumstances.

Now Hayasa you better calm down or I'll start referring to you as sir and ask you to leave.

Hayasa

Honored Member
I'm not necessarily talking about time constraints here, it's a mix of that and a well thought out QA testing session's that would cover everything from bugs to gameplay decisions.
You know sometimes things sound good on paper but turn out very different in reality due to unforeseen or overlooked circumstances.

Now Hayasa you better calm down or I'll start referring to you as sir and ask you to leave.
Don't assume my pronouns, the fact of the matter is, this announcement did nothing for anyone. There is about 100ish people "waiting" for this magical game that isn't real... it's worse than star citizen, at lest star citizen convinced people to give them millions of dollars for a dream of a game... here, it's a free dream...

maybe if they had a programer working on MO2 instead of kitten'd??????? and then have someone still working on MO to keep a player base and such? maybe keep MO as a testing ground for all the newish stuff, you know... all the magic school promised 10 years ago that aren't around??? yeah ok.. MO2...

Hayasa is like Gollum, if Gollum was a cocaine snorting rainbow snow flake....

Its great to get some news directly from Henrik. Awesome to see he is still passionate about his vision after so many years (of dealing with Gollums). I like the single character direction they are going towards, and the fact that they want to keep the main focus of the game the same.
Im excited that they realize combat needs to be greatly improved. I hope to god they manage to get rid of prediction and desync. That alone would justify a 20$ subscription for me.
Less over all bugs would also be amazing.
All in all some good news, i sincerely hope they can deliver.

And as Speznat said....take your time. If you build it people will come. If you build it well people will stay.

Wabbajack

Don't assume my pronouns, the fact of the matter is, this announcement did nothing for anyone. There is about 100ish people "waiting" for this magical game that isn't real... it's worse than star citizen, at lest star citizen convinced people to give them millions of dollars for a dream of a game... here, it's a free dream...

maybe if they had a programer working on MO2 instead of kitten'd??????? and then have someone still working on MO to keep a player base and such? maybe keep MO as a testing ground for all the newish stuff, you know... all the magic school promised 10 years ago that aren't around??? yeah ok.. MO2...
Mam, sir or appeche helicopter

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Don't assume my pronouns...
IT
is also a pronoun,
and would suffice.

IT is colourful, can supply an endless number of balloons*, and doesn't really belong in the world but crawls out of ITs hole at intervals to "express concern" & feast on tears fears.
Hayasa is like Gollum, if Gollum was a cocaine snorting rainbow snow flake....
Very colourful. I laughed as hard as @Speznat parties.

* And in this case, we're really talking about PvP videos of dubious quality.

Hayasa

Honored Member
I can't wait to play MO2 in my retirement... maybe I'll be as old as Aralis when he was playing MO1

Hayasa

Honored Member
Probable, you definately have become more like him over the years...
you have mistaken me for all the kids who left RPK to keep building stuff... if anything, I've become more like you

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
you have mistaken me for all the kids who left RPK to keep building stuff... if anything, I've become more like you
That may be but I cant tell as of now since im not playing and experiencing the "new" RPK if you have become a new thing or is simply in a middle stage of whatever now. Hard to tell in the middle of a war like this.

The conclusion of this civil war and the aftermath will show more for sure but it all depends on its conclusion and what/how the aftermath will be like.

Nyarus

The game was unplayable for me back when we had over 1000 players. You couldn't even exit tindrem without being greet by a camping red. Entering mino cave without encountering a naked security camera was impossible and other dungeons weren't much better either. People complain about minotaur beast now but back then it was even worse for non guild players.

The game was unplayable for me back when we had over 1000 players. You couldn't even exit tindrem without being greet by a camping red. Entering mino cave without encountering a naked security camera was impossible and other dungeons weren't much better either. People complain about minotaur beast now but back then it was even worse for non guild players.
Tindrem Gate is a death trap since ever... And the "naked security camera" is bad game design and not an direct issue caused by 1000 players.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
The game was unplayable for me back when we had over 1000 players.
In the first weeks after release we had 10k players and you had crowds of players at every wisent spot, each player trying to get a wisent. Hopefully MO2 will also start with several 1000 players without crashing the server.

You’re dumb as fuck lol ! Go back to your antifa rallies trannie

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
In the first weeks after release we had 10k players and you had crowds of players at every wisent spot, each player trying to get a wisent. Hopefully MO2 will also start with several 1000 players without crashing the server.
This is very true. Back at release and even different beta stages the game was insanely packed with players everywhere, a population the size the game has not seen after.

This is why I am glad about the 4x size, that and the fast that we wont need another continent unless the game is made perfect with little to no problems which in itself seems very unlikely to happen although many of us has that hope.

But I feel its good that SV is lets say bold enough to jack the Myrland map 4x bigger must mean they have some belief the game will get a decent population. Now hopefully they also focus on long term goals/stuff to do and active events with Malturn event quality which was insanely good imo.

Oh and I better have my "The Hero" title pass over to MO2 ;)

This is very true. Back at release and even different beta stages the game was insanely packed with players everywhere, a population the size the game has not seen after.

This is why I am glad about the 4x size, that and the fast that we wont need another continent unless the game is made perfect with little to no problems which in itself seems very unlikely to happen although many of us has that hope.

But I feel its good that SV is lets say bold enough to jack the Myrland map 4x bigger must mean they have some belief the game will get a decent population. Now hopefully they also focus on long term goals/stuff to do and active events with Malturn event quality which was insanely good imo.

Then they should at least place the high tier materials (ores) in the middle of the map to channel end game PVP there...
I would really hate it if the middle of the map is a lake 4x the size of sausage lake...

Xunila

Cronite Supporter

What I like most about the new continent size is the density of "objects" we could get in Myrland! Compare the density of animals, gatherable materials and so on from Haven to today's "emptiness" of Myrland and Sarducaa. And then dream about a four times bigger Myrland with the same density of Haven! Great!

Oh, and of cause I want to have my title "the kind" passed to MO2.