mortal-online.com why still mortal-online.squarespace.com just why? why redirect?

Thread starter #1

Speznat

You have the main domain than fukcing use it. not with a simple redirect.

It looks like a cheap startup company domain, wiht the squarespace in it you guys know that you cna actually remove it right?
just change udner advanced settings the forwarding and use your domain like a real company it just grinding on my gears.
it looks like you cant even make the right domain settings. please fix it. its horrible.
if you have the hoster on your domain it just looks like some 13year old made clikcy clicky and not like proffesional work. please do it it really grinding on my gears.

ive told an new coworker about mortal online he looked at website (we are both web developers) and the first thing he said that this company is not even able to forward the domain right i mean come on how are they able to make a game. no he will not try mortal. sad actually :( not only because of this but also he looked at the devblogs and the announcements. the last games he played stoped making updates. sadly i could only agree i wouldn't recommend mortal either the next time i find possible a player.

henrik sebastian work on mo 2 and dont waste your time on some bullshit. but please also atleast try to look professional to the outside world i mean squarespace.com in your main domain is far away form proffesional it seems like kindergarden.

sry but someone must say it. its aint much but its honest feedback.

you could reach so much players and people if you just act different with the community make weekly updates and say what exactly youre working on. than noone have a problem with you. but with a guess game people play other stuff because without hope there is not much left.

anyway party hard

10 out of 10 random players wouldn't even notice that they forward their website to squarespace.com...

Thread starter #3

Speznat

10 out of 10 random players wouldn't even notice that they forward their website to squarespace.com...
it just looks so stupid. it really gives the impression "we dont care and we are unprofessionell and we dont give a fuck" or "We are to stupid to do this simple 10min work to actually do it right".

not sure: here german reference just for fun
PARTY HARD

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
And last "This weeks update:" is three weeks old. So MO does not update at all, why take time to fix the domain configuration?

Thread starter #5

Speznat

And last "This weeks update:" is three weeks old. So MO does not update at all, why take time to fix the domain configuration?
because it take like one click in the square space advanced settigns and 1 cahnge of an A record from where the domain is hosted. 3-10 min at max to look a little more profesional.

Thread starter #6

Speznat

and yeah weekly updates of what is worked on and what is upcoming or getting work next week would give people more intention and hope to do and play stuff, noone waste time in a dead game. alone the fact that the weekly update is 3weeks old says it all

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Would nine out of ten random players even touch the forums more than once? Signs point to "no, not now" and also just "no".
Which is why you don't label a certain week's update with "This Week's Update", IMO; you put the date in the title. (It's like SV does not have a communication style guide, because... well, apparently they don't?)

But you'd think (well, I think) that fixing the domain configuration could be done by someone who wasn't working on the game in any way. Get it done, it stays done for a while. Happiness on that score all around?

(I'm afraid for them that there's some direful reason why they don't dare use the other domains, and if they explain it, mass panic will ensue. But I am well-known to be timid, so never mind.)

@Herius : Some frequency over content! Your fans want to hear from you, even if you just scattered Karoton spawners and put a Piece of Paper in every Pot.
Herius said:
Right now we are at the part where I just fill the world with NPCs and other spawners like pickables and treasures.
Pretty much what I posted about in last update.
So there isn't always something new every week.
-- https://www.starvault.se/mortalforu...connoisseur.235238/#js-profilePostComment-659
I think he's setting the bar too high for his updates.

Thread starter #8

Speznat

@Herius please fix this its nessary to look like a proffesional game developing company
not some fast clicky squarespace stuff that anyone can do in 2hours.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
@Herius please fix this its nessary to look like a proffesional game developing company.
I kind of disagree on this ^ wording; I think Star Vault can profess to be game-developers, no matter what anyone thinks of their craftsmanship.

But the bewildering number and unnecessary variety of names (starvault.se, mortalonline.com, mortalonline.squarespace.com-- and lock icons, or not) that appear in the browser's address bar in official connection with Mortal Online is just not businesslike, and over the years it's just obviously gotten worse-looking instead of better.

You have the main domain than fukcing use it. not with a simple redirect.

It looks like a cheap startup company domain, wiht the squarespace in it you guys know that you cna actually remove it right?
just change udner advanced settings the forwarding and use your domain like a real company it just grinding on my gears.
it looks like you cant even make the right domain settings. please fix it. its horrible.
if you have the hoster on your domain it just looks like some 13year old made clikcy clicky and not like proffesional work. please do it it really grinding on my gears.

ive told an new coworker about mortal online he looked at website (we are both web developers) and the first thing he said that this company is not even able to forward the domain right i mean come on how are they able to make a game. no he will not try mortal. sad actually :( not only because of this but also he looked at the devblogs and the announcements. the last games he played stoped making updates. sadly i could only agree i wouldn't recommend mortal either the next time i find possible a player.

henrik sebastian work on mo 2 and dont waste your time on some bullshit. but please also atleast try to look professional to the outside world i mean squarespace.com in your main domain is far away form proffesional it seems like kindergarden.

sry but someone must say it. its aint much but its honest feedback.

you could reach so much players and people if you just act different with the community make weekly updates and say what exactly youre working on. than noone have a problem with you. but with a guess game people play other stuff because without hope there is not much left.

anyway party hard
The Starvault team have been developing MO for years now and all have college degrees. If their website looks too "cheap" for you, don't play.

They may have some financial issues or developmental bottlenecks that you may not be aware of. Regardless of which, I think their entire team

is more competent than some single player voicing his angry opinions.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Hi, Dunk.
The Starvault team have been developing MO for years now...
Maybe you're unmaking the point you try to look as if you are aiming at by pointing out how long it's been that so many of us have been able to observe their sense & practices. It hasn't all been good sense & best practices.

If they'd just started, they'd have more benefit of doubt.

You remind me that they haven't just started, so we have the history of their ways & means of doing things for us to judge them by. The kindest way to put it is that they've had a lot of mistakes to learn by.[
QUOTE="Knud Notgnimmals, post: 2110015, member: 240877"]The Starvault team ... all have college degrees.[/QUOTE]And yet they constantly ask for feedback-- made a whole sub-forum for Feedback & Suggestions-- which tells me that even *they* do not think that they know everything.

Neither do you. You're just trolling.

Your suggestion to Speznat is off-topic and ignorable.

Hi, Dunk.Maybe you're unmaking the point you try to look as if you are aiming at by pointing out how long it's been that so many of us have been able to observe their sense & practices. It hasn't all been good sense & best practices.

If they'd just started, they'd have more benefit of doubt.

You remind me that they haven't just started, so we have the history of their ways & means of doing things for us to judge them by. The kindest way to put it is that they've had a lot of mistakes to learn by.[QUOTE="Knud Notgnimmals, post: 2110015, member: 240877"]The Starvault team ... all have college degrees.
And yet they constantly ask for feedback-- made a whole sub-forum for Feedback & Suggestions-- which tells me that even *they* do not think that they know everything.

Neither do you. You're just trolling.

Your suggestion to Speznat is off-topic and ignorable.[/QUOTE]
I don't know what you're talking about