Mortal Online II Alpha Duels III

Teknique

Its nice to see someone make a mistake on a parry. I was beggining to think I was the only one capable of missing a block.

Komodor

Oghmium Supporter
Overall, at least basing on videos, it seems that combat is chaotic and unrealistically fast. Will it stay that way or will be tuned down a bit later?

Thread starter #4

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Overall, at least basing on videos, it seems that combat is chaotic and unrealistically fast. Will it stay that way or will be tuned down a bit later?
Dont think so as they changed it first few days up to this speed and based on feedback majority of players have been positive about the speed except a few who feel its fast but half of them or there about think its gonna feel too fast first when FOV slider become optional.

Yes some say its maybe too chaotic as you quickly lose sight of your opponent in situations both/all opponents move alot. I feel its in a sweet spot currently and unless something happens along the way regarding new weapons or changes to how it is currently or crafting comes and changes it greatly depending materials used I hope this is the speed they stay at. Its more like original MO where you can maneuver in combat instead of standing still parry fighting parry/counter is also valid as the speed is right there where you can hit turning players who run away between dips hitting if you chase them as you parry.
Training on situational awareness is more important in MO2 due to the increased speed. But I can see group fights will get increasingly more chaotic with how many players is involved, which imo is a good thing and as a bonus very realistic. Staying together and knowing where friends are will be important for groups big time, same with guild uniforms or some kind of recognition other than name and name coloring. All imo good things. There are reasons such things where a thing irl as battlefields was chaotic like nothing else.

Parrying is too easy atm I feel when you stand still focusing on that and with 360 degree blocking radius atm, alot harder vs low pingers living next to the server as their animations dont play fully as it cuts because of their very low ping. High pingers though are alot slower almost as their animation is longer because of the latest latency, that also rewards low pingers as their parry can be as you hit them and even sometimes after you on your screen has hit them so they parry anything and their counters are almost instant with their animation hitting after you got hit even if you on your screen parry in time.

I got 40 ping and the difference to below 20 ping is insane on animation playing. Ive heard AU ping is insane amount worse atm. Think the delay is 400 ms.

Luminia

Trial Member
It looks like attacks doesnt get canceled or weakend on beeing hit. Meaning when getting hit while charging a weapon it doesnt affect you at all. In the current form it looks a bit to fast and i honestly dislike it. Monkeys on speed hitting each other ignoring all the pain they recieve. I reeeeaaaaly want to see group fights were formations win and not just running and dodging. Iam not pleased with what i see... but!!! Iam somewhat drunk atm so maybe thats the issue.
Thanks alot for the showcase @thebadmanIt really looks like the original combat system

Last edited:

Wabbajack

It looks like attacks doesnt get canceled or weakend on beeing hit. Meaning when getting hit while charging a weapon it doesnt affect you at all. In the current form it looks a bit to fast and i honestly dislike it. Monkeys on speed hitting each other ignoring all the pain they recieve. I reeeeaaaaly want to see group fights were formations win and not just running and dodging. Iam not pleased with what i see... but!!! Iam somewhat drunk atm so maybe thats the issue.
Thanks alot for the showcase @thebadmanIt really looks like the original combat system
I do agree with some points you raised.
I want to see a more tactical type of combat and not just running around swinging. A hit should cancel your charge,a parry/blocl should take more stamina, a successful parry should take stamina from the attacker as well.
A kick should break a parry, or a shield bash. Over head should always deal a bit damage even if parried.