Negative Steam Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
TLDR;

I think its a great game, but if you spend hours downloanding and then can't log on to a game, you give it a bad review.

Mortal Online missed their big chance on steam--as in, they completely blew it with the login problem.

jether

TLDR;

I think its a great game, but if you spend hours downloanding and then can't log on to a game, you give it a bad review.

Mortal Online missed their big chance on steam.
Hell if you wanna play a game then you dont let anything stop you. I had to redo my entire mortal config file before i got aceptable fps but i stuck with it even through release.

Hell if you wanna play a game then you dont let anything stop you. I had to redo my entire mortal config file before i got aceptable fps but i stuck with it even through release.
I feel the pain of the bad reviews--but they have a mixed rating on steam now, which is pretty much the kiss of death.

The die-hards will stick with it for years, as will I, but the moment of glory came and went this last week on steam. Its an opportunity they will never get again.

jether

I feel the pain of the bad reviews--but they have a mixed rating on steam now, which is pretty much the kiss of death.

The die-hards will stick with it for years, as will I, but the moment of glory came and went this last week on steam. Its an opportunity they will never get again.
I pray most people arent idiots and go based solely off of reviews in truth in terms of ftp games on steam this one has the ost features and freedom. Steam reviews didnt stop me subbing and buying 3 char slots.

Necromantic

Honestly that's a completely unrealistic mindset you are portraying jether and calling everyone who doesn't have the same drive to a specific game as you do an idiot is just wrong.

You guys have to understand that most of the negative reviews are completely legitimate and if people will base their opinion on that that is also completely valid. SV has put themselves in that situation themselves by going live on Steam no manner of bad-mouthing the less enduring customers will change that.

People usually don't "stick around no matter what" just to try a game unless they are longing for specifically what the game has to offer and are used to that field, and those people aren't all that many globally. First impressions count a lot and for most people that is not being able to login or play continuously for a week now.

This is a customer/product relationship. If your product doesn't work for people it will get bad reviews no matter if it's a temporary problem or not.

Necromantic

I'd agree with that to a degree. Could have been a bigger success though. Would be nice to be able to play the game without having to try the whole day. ^^

I'd agree with that to a degree. Could have been a bigger success though. Would be nice to be able to play the game without having to try the whole day. ^^
Its hard to imagine a worse launch on steam then they got. I mean being able to log in is square one for an MMO.

Tehmudjin

Its hard to imagine a worse launch on steam then they got. I mean being able to log in is square one for an MMO.

I can imagine nobody trying out the game and the servers stay fine.

Cruzxavier

Sorry for necroing...

Just wanted to point out that the review evolution has been, imo, quite positive. Players are, now, actually looking into the game's features and basing their thoughts on that and not only on their ability to log in.

Kuddos to Seb (SV) for fixing it..

Although it took you a lot of time

it crashes now more then it did over a year ago...
I assume its your client crashing? Since our server patch we havnt had any server issues since last Friday patch so that's awesome. You need to check ur settings if your client crashed number one issue is memory which can be fixed by lowering ur texture resolution.

The entire star vault team is very happy with the steam release this far, we could never have guessed that many downloading our game daily so people are looking at mo for sure which steam was all about.
I've almost never seen a mmo release to go through without stress issues on release days including blizzards releases. We ran into same issues sadly but got it sorted finally. Mixed reviews was kinda expected on steam, as we said since beta day one: mo is not for everyone but everything for some. And simply those that are tired of the old masses out there can try something unique in mo. That was mos purpose to offer something truly unique and different which we clearly do. We know a large amount of avrg mmo players won't enjoy mo but some of them does get to enjoy it when they see what's it about. We are still very happy to see daily new players expressing their joy of finding mo, these players don't even show on the forums nor on steam. What's important is that as long as thousands of mmo players get to see and try mo there is one good chanse of some of them staying and that's the goal behind steam masses. Of course there will be good and bad reviews that's up to the players to express what they find. We are happy to provide proper information and answer some of the questions that can be confusing. But reading so many awesome reviews makes us happy these players understand the concept and game and they enjoy it for what it is.

We will continue our plan on polish, improve and add the long awaited magic content next.

Cheers all and thank you all for your amazing reviews!

I assume its your client crashing? Since our server patch we havnt had any server issues since last Friday patch so that's awesome. You need to check ur settings if your client crashed number one issue is memory which can be fixed by lowering ur texture resolution.

The entire star vault team is very happy with the steam release this far, we could never have guessed that many downloading our game daily so people are looking at mo for sure which steam was all about.
I've almost never seen a mmo release to go through without stress issues on release days including blizzards releases. We ran into same issues sadly but got it sorted finally. Mixed reviews was kinda expected on steam, as we said since beta day one: mo is not for everyone but everything for some. And simply those that are tired of the old masses out there can try something unique in mo. That was mos purpose to offer something truly unique and different which we clearly does. We know a large amount of avrg mmo players won't enjoy mo but some of them does get to enjoy it when they see what's it about. We are still very happy to see daily new players expressing their joy of finding mo, these players don't even show on the forums nor on steam. What's important is that as long as thousands of mmo players get to see and try mo there is one good chanse of some of them staying and that's the goal behind steam masses. Of course there will be good and bad reviews that's up to the players to express what they find. We are happy to provide proper information and answer some of the questions that can be confusing. But reading so many awesome reviews makes us happy these players understand the concept and game and they enjoy it for what it is.

We will continue our plan and polish improve and add the long awaited magic content next.

Cheers all and thank you all for your amazing reviews!
i posted my crash on the bug reports wioth images of the crash.... if its memory then why does this game need over 16 gigs???

i played this over a year ago with 0 crashes... after steam release its every 30 mins to an hour.

i posted my crash on the bug reports wioth images of the crash.... if its memory then why does this game need over 16 gigs???

i played this over a year ago with 0 crashes... after steam release its every 30 mins to an hour.
System memory and graphical memory are two different things. Please try to lower the texture resolution to see if this is the case, if it's not then it may be due to drivers. This is something specific for your computer so it could be easiest to start out by trying the texture decrease.

System memory and graphical memory is two different things. Please try to lower the texture resolution to see if this is the case, if it's not then it may be due to drivers. This is something specific for your computer so it could be easiest to start put by trying the texture decrease.
look... its not my video card... i played this game on a potatoe video card and it ran fine... im now running on a much better video card.... so no it has nothing to do with my hardware mate. AGAIN go look at my error report i posted in the bugs section.

look... its not my video card... i played this game on a potatoe video card and it ran fine... im now running on a much better video card.... so no it has nothing to do with my hardware mate. AGAIN go look at my error report i posted in the bugs section.
I just did, it's memory hardware related. You could try what I suggest if you want. And be sure to have latest drivers up to date.

I just did, it's memory hardware related. You could try what I suggest if you want. And be sure to have latest drivers up to date.
it CAN't be memory hardware related as it ran FINE on a 1 gig graphics card im on a damn 4 GIG now...
unless you guys have a memory leak or some crap... im running on the lowest settings and nothing has changed ether btw as i already thought of that.

bbihah

There are potato videocards that have much better video memory and video memory bandwidth than more modern cards. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.