new patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pure khurite is going 235 now...hopefully someone else with a halfbreed khurite can confirm they are going the same speed as me...
Whew ok so this is less bad. Stout khurite was same speed as stout thur khur. *my stout khurite was 248 speed and was 250 fit a month or so back). I think lean khurite was suposto be 253 while thur khur was like 252, but I cant confirm this.

GGWP

235 stout thur khur, stout khur khur, 238 fit thur khur, 240 veela

This sucks. It makes the game even more slower paced.

Any chance someone knows how fast a lean thur khur and pure khurite are? My lean khurite was suposto be liek 1 speed faster, but I doubt it will be now

Don't be silly. We of course don't "refuse to do anything".

It's just that, first of all, opinions voiced in balance discussions on the forum aren't necessarily always a 1-to-1 representation of the overall majority of player experiences. Second, balance is partly subjective, and partly skill based, which means an objectively perfect balance is pretty much unattainable. Finally, nobody wants us to have to change things back and forth all the time. For all of these reasons, we want to (at least try our best to) make careful and carefully considered changes when it comes to balance.

Alright, "refuse to do anything" was a strong term . However, PvP balance in this game is a major issue that has been mostly avoided for a long time and instead of proper changes we only get bandaids .

The forever bad excuses we get from the devs don't cut it out anymore . You can't keep saying that you "carefully" consider changes when we've had a ridiculous breeding system for over a YEAR . Mounts that have it all, speed, HP, ability to climb mountains . Last year people had been using mauls hitting for 100+ damage for months , literally months before StarVault decided to fix it .

Why was this a playstyle for months ? What had to be "carefully considered" before nerfing this ?

High damage handle hits were introduced a long time ago and players have been complaining about it for years, instead, we haven't had one proper change to it . People don't even care whether it's a handle hit or normal hit anymore , it's the same damage anyway .

Weakspots are being abused by a lot of players . It's been like this for months, StarVault hasn't done anything about this either . You don't require skill, only a bit of money and a certain build for this playstyle . Get a lion shield, a weakspot spear, a steel 24 kg set on your veela veela and you are able to hit any player for 50+ dmg, regardless of his armor while you tank a shit ton of dmg because of your lion shield . It's a high-reward playstyle that requires no skill .

Fatmages have been running rampant for months as well. They need 5g in armor and regs, a good overpowered mount and that's it . They can flamestrike other players for 80s by pressing a button twice, they can run away from danger, they can EQ entire groups of players for half of their HP . All of this and absolutely no skill required, nor gear . What exactly has to be "carefully considered" about this class ? It's broken to the core .

MCs don't take skill, all you need in order to be a good MC is top-notch gear and a top-notch mount . If you have that, you can run around at the speed of light, have no worry about foot fighters and archers (your mount has over 500 HP, why should you care about getting hit for 50 hp) , you can engage and disengage at will, you can run on mountains and 3 hit mages, etc . The only worry you have is getting dismounted, but that's easily avoided since you know that only Axes can do it . Why do we only get half-arsed changes regarding this class ?

Pokemons, yet another problem that's been around for years . Takes no skill, only a little bit of time. Nerfing spider queen a bit won't cut it, you have to nerf pets in general . Give them a stamina bar, make it so the tamer/dominator has to interact more with it rather than just having to press one button .

Misora

stop fucking around with foot speeds, if i login and my Veela isn't running 256 any more, I'm done, Mounteds are already the most annoying thing in the friggin world, dont make us easier fucking targets for them, Nerf mounteds sspeed, not foot speed, pretty moronic "fix" i you ask me, correct it.

Did mount speed got nerfed aswell?

If not, it must be a bug. There is no fucking way in any dimensional hell that Starvault would do a blunder like reducing speed but not do it globally to affect everything.

Stop crying about mounteds already. Just bring back old speed. Everything was fine. Lock it was or not we all play with about same speed. 238 243 245 250 253

Dovakiing

Did anyone check a huergar or blainn speed? they may have done this to close the speed gap perhaps?

Did anyone check a huergar or blainn speed? they may have done this to close the speed gap perhaps?
My friends thursar kallard goes a whopping 228 cb sprint now... So I doubt it. I feel liek it doesnt have enough dext to hit the almighty cap

My friends thursar kallard goes a whopping 228 cb sprint now... So I doubt it. I feel liek it doesnt have enough dext to hit the almighty cap
228 lol.
Last week fatmages flash around with that speed :>

is the move speed thing intentional? If so I don't mind it. Its not that big of a change and if its closes the gap between players and races without throwing off balance then its fine. Now if they can work on mounteds so people would stop complaining just so I don't have to hear about it constantly then great. Great work though SV. Im happy with the changes and progress.

Hodo

Ignoring PvP balance as always .
No offense but they have been ignoring the rest of the game for years, and only balancing PvP. Hell for the first solid year that is ALL they did. Nerf this tweak that, change this all because the PvPers cried about this or that. Hell if these same loud mouthed forum warriors got all they wanted this game would be nothing more than a bad version of chivalry online. Foot fighting and no mounts AT ALL.

Now with that said, I do think mounts need adjusting but not to the extreme some of these people are crying about. This patch was a good patch, it was fixing and removing a bunch of crap from the games code that isn't needed and fixing stuff that is just flat out broken. Sure it isnt new content or crazy nerfs on every mount in the game and making what ever your chosen weapon form OP suddenly.

Bakti textures changed too?

And it looks like the armor skin is reverted back to before last patch.

is the move speed thing intentional? If so I don't mind it. Its not that big of a change and if its closes the gap between players and races without throwing off balance then its fine.
To my humble understanding it would seem all speeds were lowered, so there is still a difference between the races.

Now if they can work on mounteds so people would stop complaining just so I don't have to hear about it constantly then great. Great work though SV. Im happy with the changes and progress.
Wouldn't it be more logical to increase the speed for foot, rather than having everyone slowly evolve into turtles?

Would be nice if a staff member could explain why this change in movement speed is a good balance choice. The Values have been known forever and been used in guides for years. What was the idea behind making people slower?

I mean there has to be a reason to do such a major change.... some reasoning would be nice.

Keurk

D For all of these reasons, we want to (at least try our best to) make careful and carefully considered changes when it comes to balance.
what is the explanation of still having that crap terrain negociation for mounteds ?
" " " " " " " "" " " " " " " " The Z axe for mobs in dungeons etc?

Slower footspeeds decreases prediction issue. Faster = worse prediction.
doesnt matter that much with the change in blocking which was the major problem with prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.