Newb Island update with AI and NPC's

Thread starter #1
Hello everyone!

Last week, did not have much to show, but things did progress!
Sebastian worked the code for a bit, and the Island is now its own "continent".
Which means I could add the server collision and navmesh to it, which in return means that Ai and NPC's could
finally be added to the map.

So today's update will consist of some screenshots showing how the Island is starting to come alive.
(All screenshots shows work still in progress.)

That's all for this week, have a great weekend!

I like how the npc's are displaying what they offer for sale. That should make it easier for people to find what they are looking for.

This update makes it seem like they are a bit farther behind than I had been thinking though.

I hope the tutorial aspect of it does not get rushed in the end.

Dalacor

I just hope its not a wasteland like Shitducca. It needs to be alive with interesting ruins, towns, caves, maybe even an underwater hidden city or something really cool like that.

I Wonder how they will relay information. Didnt they hire a "famous actor"?

Will noobs be inspired to find better materials or be happy naked with a low dura shortsword and yellow tag?

Time will tell.

Thread starter #4
I had not heard anything about an actor. That would be interesting.

I just hope it is more natural and complete than the tindrem tutorial.

Hopefully they at least have a decent plan laid out by now and it is just a matter of executing it.

Dalacor

Given they have only just finished meshing and enabling ability to place NPCs I am thinking the release is still months away or I hope it is as it needs to be polished and not rushed.

Thread starter #6
Given they have only just finished meshing and enabling ability to place NPCs I am thinking the release is still months away or I hope it is as it needs to be polished and not rushed.
100% agree.

I just hope its not a wasteland like Shitducca. It needs to be alive with interesting ruins, towns, caves, maybe even an underwater hidden city or something really cool like that.
Yes. We need more nice locations. Secret ruins, campaments, secret dungeon, and amy special magic location but...you know...
Yes we have enougth desert and empty land

Last edited: