Newbie island

Thread starter #1
This island...

Island of newbies. I see where this will go.

No mather how much practice they will get, they will never be really prepared for the terror that is waiting in the shadows. There is only one way to survive Mortal Online, and that is by death. Death will teach us to think twice, before we do something stupid.

I have died so many times, sacrificed myself in both good and bad. Became a murderer to train newbies to fight back, with loot to prove it was worth taking a risk.

This island... It will not spare anyone from the real terrors that's waiting.

There are no way to keep newbies safe, not here. You must believe in yourself, that you will, and can be stronger than those who leeches on your soul.

Through pain, you will gain. Learn from your mistakes. An island cannot hold back what's comming for you, only you can prove you're strong enough for this. If you are, there will be endless glory.

No mather who you are, there will always be someone lurking to tear you apart, and steal everything you have.

This is not any warning to stop newbies, this is a headsup for what you are going into, if you are brave enough, strong, and believe in yourself. You can survive. You will need someone to have your back, search for a guild that can help you grow into root of the strongest tree.

I see you all, i feel you all. I remember the hard times of not knowing what you are capable to do in this game, but here you are limitless. So be a god, be a warrior, or a savior. Choose your path and show this fucking world, that you're the boss!

Fucking newbie island! I hate this! You will never learn pain till you have experienced true horrors.

If i started on an newbie island when i joined this game, i would be horrified for what was waiting for me, maybe this will help you with some skills and a few good coins. But what does that matter, if you don't know how to handle different situations?

In less than 3 seconds you can loose everything you have been working several days for, this is a hardcore game, only the strongest survive!

Tell me... What do you do when you fall? Stay down and cry from the pain? Or do you raise yourself and become stronger of what doesn't kill you?

This may be the case if the only reason people quit playing is because they got killed.

The problem is though that it is no secret that this is a hardcore full loot game. So many people that check it out are probably aware of it and expect to be killed. Yet many still do not stay.

So there has to be more to it than that.

I think it is those other reasons that SV is trying to identify and correct with the island.

They need to keep the players that would be a good fit for the game from getting turned off and quitting before they actually have a chance to get into the game.

Keurk

i dont think being killed is hurting the game more than being fucked by the game itself cause you dont know how to do or use things
/stuck
feeding pets
flags systems tricks like local grey
rerolling a char if you did not use a guide to make it
lack of ingame tools for a good quality of life such as a proper guild recruitement tab
proper tips said and shown for the newbs: full loot and local banking explained ,encouraging to carry only what you can afford to lose, explain the guard function, the veredari function, ecuerry etc.
Reserves system explained , explaining food can affect stats ,but you cannot die of hunger. Locking your skills

a proper basic,but complete tutorial would lead to way less time loss at the begening of the game for new players and lead to a lot less frustration, especially the char reroll. I have seen this happens so many times :(

i dont think being killed is hurting the game more than being fucked by the game itself cause you dont know how to do or use things
/stuck
feeding pets
lack of ingame tools for a good quality of life such as a proper guild recruitement tab
proper tips said and shown for the newbs: full loot and local banking explained ,encouraging to carry only what you can afford to lose, explain the guard function, the veredari function, ecuerry etc.
Reserves system explained , explaining food can affect stats ,but you cannot die of hunger. Locking your skills

a proper basic,but complete tutorial would lead to way less time loss at the begening of the game for new players and lead to a lot less frustration, especially the char reroll. I have seen this happens so many times :(
So true. I am not sure how many new players have asked things like "how do you make the grey bars go away" or are wondering why their life will no longer go up when they rest.

Hopefully SV is able to address many of these with the new island.

/stuck
feeding pets

every new acc should get a free reroll imo, but SV wants to be greedy fucks...

Also add a map , not an ingame map where you press M & see where you are at
Tindrem is a big city with a loooot of knowledge thanks to the libraries there are there
it's basically myrland main city
Add a map in tindrem that shows the whole myrland map , so new people / beginners KNOW where they want to go & explore , all the new people dont know there is mortal map online to help them know what they want to explore , right now a beginner will just login & stay in tindrem until he gets slaughtered enough times to ragequit MO forever because he doesn't know where other cities are , what he is looking for is at etc etc,
it's not normal that the main city of myrland tindrem which has all the knowledge doesn't even have a map
You can even add RP books at libraries that talks about the different species & dangers of Mortal like a book about minotaurs with stylish pictures & lots of text explaining what they are, from what they came from, how you find them, what is their cave etc etc, what to take with you to prepare your self ,adding books like that will add a lot of immersion to the game & new players won't be lost, they will have a lot of things to do & a huuuuuuge will to explore the whole game instead of sitting in tindrem killing skeletons then getting griefed by some GY noobs until they ragequit ,
this game has a lot to offer , it's full of things to do & explore make new players stick to the game & have that will to explore & make their own stories , just give them the tools to begin their own adventure !

agead_drem

Also add a map , not an ingame map where you press M & see where you are at
Tindrem is a big city with a loooot of knowledge thanks to the libraries there are there
it's basically myrland main city
Add a map in tindrem that shows the whole myrland map , so new people / beginners KNOW where they want to go & explore , all the new people dont know there is mortal map online to help them know what they want to explore , right now a beginner will just login & stay in tindrem until he gets slaughtered enough times to ragequit MO forever because he doesn't know where other cities are , what he is looking for is at etc etc,
it's not normal that the main city of myrland tindrem which has all the knowledge doesn't even have a map
You can even add RP books at libraries that talks about the different species & dangers of Mortal like a book about minotaurs with stylish pictures & lots of text explaining what they are, from what they came from, how you find them, what is their cave etc etc, what to take with you to prepare your self ,adding books like that will add a lot of immersion to the game & new players won't be lost, they will have a lot of things to do & a huuuuuuge will to explore the whole game instead of sitting in tindrem killing skeletons then getting griefed by some GY noobs until they ragequit ,
this game has a lot to offer , it's full of things to do & explore make new players stick to the game & have that will to explore & make their own stories , just give them the tools to begin their own adventure !
Make the library actually have an interior, put map and librarians that are outside of it inside of it. Hoping tindrem revamp will do this.

SV is really just making so many terrible decisions one after the other.

Dalacor

/stuck
feeding pets

This.

If noob island is able to effectively teach these things then that will be a huge benefit. As for PVP, they will die, if MR showed us anything its that no matter how good you are at other games, MO is different and will take time to master. One thing that could help is a guild finder tool on noobie island, where new players can search for active recruiting guilds so that when they leave the island they have a goal/destination and some follow-up help from the guild. The tool could also offer access to the voice comms of said guilds and show a map of where that guild is active. I think the odds are that if you don't find a group to play with, retention is super low.

Keurk

what i did really enjoy was the map in 7days to die. How that could work in mo:

you get basic materials that are very easly obtainable and combined thoses , lets say a paper sheet and ink from a utility vendor,preferably would be player only made but well.. Then you combine thoses and create a map. From now ,you have a map on you, it is empty and does not show anything except if you bought a map from a player that already did travel. So, with your virgin map ,you move from tindrem to fabernum ,and it actually draw itself on the map. You can freely add notes. Once you reach fab, it add the town name on the map. The map would be lootable, and tradable. It means you could have 10 maps, do the sator dungeon , do a run into the jungle, or whatever, run back to town, and sell thoses maps. But could also risk to lose it. It would not be showing you more than the noteeventually added on it, and the places this map did travel in someone inventory.

Thats ,in my opinion, one way to add an interesting feature, simple to implement, not too carebear or not handling noobs too much, creating a subtask for people who travel a lot , a way to properly show things ingame ,etc.

Speznat

hopefully noob island comes this year before christmas.

i really would like a make a new char and guide new players that fresh started like, "hi my friend im your guide today", than i will explain and guide them around and explain them stuff and so on for unique gaming experience. hopefully more people will do that.

last chance for Mortal, we only have this one left. we as community need to get and hold new players.

Speznat

what i did really enjoy was the map in 7days to die. How that could work in mo:

you get basic materials that are very easly obtainable and combined thoses , lets say a paper sheet and ink from a utility vendor,preferably would be player only made but well.. Then you combine thoses and create a map. From now ,you have a map on you, it is empty and does not show anything except if you bought a map from a player that already did travel. So, with your virgin map ,you move from tindrem to fabernum ,and it actually draw itself on the map. You can freely add notes. Once you reach fab, it add the town name on the map. The map would be lootable, and tradable. It means you could have 10 maps, do the sator dungeon , do a run into the jungle, or whatever, run back to town, and sell thoses maps. But could also risk to lose it. It would not be showing you more than the noteeventually added on it, and the places this map did travel in someone inventory.

Thats ,in my opinion, one way to add an interesting feature, simple to implement, not too carebear or not handling noobs too much, creating a subtask for people who travel a lot , a way to properly show things ingame ,etc.
this map idea is great, please make a own suggestion thread about i bet more people have a interrest in this maybe sebastian will comment it

Dalacor

hopefully noob island comes this year before christmas.

i really would like a make a new char and guide new players that fresh started like, "hi my friend im your guide today", than i will explain and guide them around and explain them stuff and so on for unique gaming experience. hopefully more people will do that.

last chance for Mortal, we only have this one left. we as community need to get and hold new players.

Speznat guide for noobs on noob island:

"Part 1 PVE is lovely, collect pixels at all costs"
"Part 2 PVP is evil, ban them all"
"Part 3 Play the kitten game, its fab"

;)

Speznat

Speznat guide for noobs on noob island:

"Part 1 PVE is lovely, collect pixels at all costs"
"Part 2 PVP is evil, ban them all"
"Part 3 Play the kitten game, its fab"

;)
no pvp is not evil,
noob pvp is evil, like a oghmium fighter vs a weapon crafter i mean that is shit pvp.

or do you call RPK, heroric pvp players becasue they greefed 1000 players out of game and now complain about low population?

sry but noob slaughtering for no reason is not pvp its just stupid.
If you see a naked speznat and kill him, im totally fine with this.
But a player fresh from tindrme garden slaughtering at priest 50times until they quit that is just horrible stupid shit. that is the real reason why this game is dying since years slowly but steady

Dalacor

no pvp is not evil,
noob pvp is evil, like a oghmium fighter vs a weapon crafter i mean that is shit pvp.

or do you call RPK, heroric pvp players becasue they greefed 1000 players out of game and now complain about low population?

sry but noob slaughtering for no reason is not pvp its just stupid.
If you see a naked speznat and kill him, im totally fine with this.
But a player fresh from tindrme garden slaughtering at priest 50times until they quit that is just horrible stupid shit. that is the real reason why this game is dying since years slowly but steady
I was joking mate. Ultimately its SVs fault for noob slaughter not RPK(who I cant stand and consider a bunch of redneck basement dwellers). Asking people like RPK not to kill swarms of noobs is like asking the fat kid not to eat the whole bag of candy. SV just let us all down with terrible mechanics which were primarily implemented at the request of PVE guilds.

Speznat

I was joking mate. Ultimately its SVs fault for noob slaughter not RPK(who I cant stand and consider a bunch of redneck basement dwellers). Asking people like RPK not to kill swarms of noobs is like asking the fat kid not to eat the whole bag of candy. SV just let us all down with terrible mechanics which were primarily implemented at the request of PVE guilds.
PVE guilds?

Was mines not fun were they was worth something? people fought over mining spots and so on. Since they nerfed mines to uselessness beside tephra ist not worth it. it created pvp.
SV should make new approach in make tc worth it in some locations than people can fight over those spots.

Thread starter #19
I hope that the island will bring more people to the game, so please make sure to give them the info they need.

Starting up in such a hardcore game can be cruel, you don't know anything, or how to deal with basic issues like hunger.

As a newbie you need to learn about the combat, otherwise you will be fodder, it's important to learn how to block and parry attacks.
Imagine a newbie that has been farming for hours, they get their superior equipment, but it will only take a strong fighter a few seconds kill you, and you need to repeat the farming again.

If this does bring people into the game, i will make sure to do everything i can to guide them towards their goal.

Arms will be back, but Arms needs to teach. Give Arms new people!

Keurk

I hope that the island will bring more people to the game, so please make sure to give them the info they need.

Starting up in such a hardcore game can be cruel, you don't know anything, or how to deal with basic issues like hunger.

As a newbie you need to learn about the combat, otherwise you will be fodder, it's important to learn how to block and parry attacks.
Imagine a newbie that has been farming for hours, they get their superior equipment, but it will only take a strong fighter a few seconds kill you, and you need to repeat the farming again.

If this does bring people into the game, i will make sure to do everything i can to guide them towards their goal.

Arms will be back, but Arms needs to teach. Give Arms new people!
hey there is always a new guy trying mo here and here tho, finding a padawan to teach to is easier than finding pvp today