No third person view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keurk

If you need to use first-person as a crutch to be stealthy, you fail as a stealth player. Most people will still hear you coming up to them from behind and even then first-person will only give you a slight window before your enemy lobs your head off.

Being a stealth player is about picking your targets. A FP player in this game has the same sensory awareness as a TP player, so if you're getting detected in the first place, it means you picked the wrong target.
just play the game more, and understand it, before you come here with bad suggestion no one want because they are just based on a very fresh feeling that will evolve and change with some practice. stop trying to drastically change the core feature of the game.

Adding a feature is not the same as changing one. I HAVE played this game, I've been across the entire game world already, been in many battles, and I'm telling you straight up that this game should have third-person as an optional choice. A true pro player won't be negatively affected by this change at all; only terrible players that use FP as an excuse will, and those players are vastly outnumbered by those who want TP.

Thread starter #23
If you need to use first-person as a crutch to be stealthy, you fail as a stealth player. Most people will still hear you coming up to them from behind and even then first-person will only give you a slight window before your enemy lobs your head off.

Being a stealth player is about picking your targets. A FP player in this game has the same sensory awareness as a TP player, so if you're getting detected in the first place, it means you picked the wrong target.

3rd person mode: OMFG someone is behind me! Press X quick, block!
First person mode: WTF happened ?! I just lost half my HP! WTF is going on ?!

OR

3rd person mode: OMFG someone is behind me! Oh, he is doing that "snooping" animation, a thief! Quick, press X, push him!

First person mode: Where the hell my gold went ?! Did I banked it? Umm I think it just disappeared. OH NO! It's stolen! *turns around, tries to spot who the hell might be that thief, then if he can figure that out, starts chasing him desperately*

Keurk

there is so many things to write to counter the "add 3D person view" argument i don't know where to begin with. so i don't

Actually it would be ok with third person view if all player characters behind your back wouldn't be rendered.
This way you won't see what is behind you and keep third person view.

Speznat

That's your opinion. In my opinion, first-person ruins immersion. In reality, we see 180 degrees right in front of us and up to 270 degrees when including peripheral vision. That means that the only amount of vision we don't see is 90 degrees.

In this game, we only see 100 degrees in front of us MAXIMUM and we have no peripheral vision. Thus, we lack atleast 260 degrees of vision in first-person.

This means that third-person is far more realistic than first-person since the amount of vision available to us in the former is closer to reality than in the latter.

I choose first-person when I want extra difficulty, not when I want to be immersive, since third-person is more immersive as it shows more of the game around us.
sry for the harsh words but you have choosen the wrong game. you should better play; pussycat online,candy crush, wow, lol.

Actually it would be ok with third person view if all player characters behind your back wouldn't be rendered.
This way you won't see what is behind you and keep third person view.

This...is actually a really good idea. And unlike other people's comments, this counts as constructive criticism. A+!

First person view is part of the soul of this game. In time you will embrace it and understand why so many others would not want it any other way.

eldrath

Instead of adding that 3rd person crap they should add the "turn head" feature from the ARMA series. It´s awesome and I miss it in every shooter that doesn´t have it.

If you need third person to crutch to make up for sub par situational awareness and sense of direction, Then you fail as a player in a first person MMO.

Third person is the lazy mans way to deal with situational awareness. First person relies on player awareness and skill while third person allows for angles that give view advantages and makes hiding or escaping difficult. It really lowers the skill cap and in end gives too many advantages to be useful in a hard core MMO.

Instead of adding that 3rd person crap they should add the "turn head" feature from the ARMA series. It´s awesome and I miss it in every shooter that doesn´t have it.
That would be nice, We have it while on mounts, so why not on foot?

Pantero

I enjoy third person. Don't understand why so many people hate it. Don't really care, I play both first and third person in different games depending on what I'm doing. Sometimes I prefer to see my character because quite simply, it looks cooler seeing yourself kill someone.

The only problem is looking round corners without actually looking around the corner. And in a full loot open world PvP game I believe 3rd person should not exist solely for that reason. But I wouldn't say I hate 3rd person view in other games.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
In reality, we see 180 degrees right in front of us and up to 270 degrees when including peripheral vision. That means that the only amount of vision we don't see is 90 degrees.

In this game, we only see 100 degrees in front of us MAXIMUM and we have no peripheral vision.
I agree that this is a real deficiency, even though I don't want the obligatory first person view removed.

I have this sense of cumulative blindness from even the widest view.

Dhan

Honored Member
I agree that this is a real deficiency, even though I don't want the obligatory first person view removed.

I have this sense of cumulative blindness from even the widest view.
Yeah we should have at least 180 FOV like we do in real life. It would look so great.

This could be us, but they playin:

Tehmudjin

I made the misstake of joining help chat to help noobs.

"How do I get to third person?"
"How do I look at the map?"
"The vendor say my money didnt match the price but I have more than enough money in my inventory!"
"Where can I find the quests?"
"Some guy killed me and took all my stuff! Will he be banned?"

Status
Not open for further replies.