Only 90s kids remember sausage lake.

Thread starter #1

Trystram

<font color=#570054><b>The Riddler</b></font>
Game was best before it released. Prove me wrong.

actually only 90s kids remember that psychobilly made the first ever house in mortal and then had it promptly destroyed by Variance

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Back when [SIGPIC]http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4664&dateline=1275944674[/SIGPIC] still meant rendered as something.

Wabbajack

actually only 90s kids remember that psychobilly made the first ever house in mortal and then had it promptly destroyed by Variance
That is a lie. Myrmidon recieved the first house blueprint by killing Sebastian on the hills close to tindrem during the house release event.

Ahh the good ol days when we had real people instead of just pvp kids. When you could go over to fab and find people doing all kinds of activities, talk to/duel some and fight the local militia.

Kuroi

i miss sausage lake :(

Game was a buggy piece of shit in the beginning let's be honest and take off those rose colored glasses for a minute

I have never played a more buggy game in my life as MO was in the beginning

The only true statement from the beginning, is that the forum community was the best before release

Thread starter #12

Trystram

Game was a buggy piece of shit in the beginning let's be honest and take off those rose colored glasses for a minute

The only true statement from the beginning, is that the forum community was the best before release
Implying that there has ever been a period of time where the game wasn't a buggy piece of shit. Mortal has always had its highs and lows. It was more fun in the beginning.

The core aspect of the game and the political shenanigans were what made it fun. And being part of the start of what the game is today and hopefully what Mortal 2 is to be.

Last edited:
Implying that there has ever been a period of time where the game wasn't a buggy piece of shit. Mortal has always had its highs and lows. It was more fun in the beginning.

The core aspect of the game and the political shenanigans were what made it fun. And being part of the start of what the game is today and hopefully what Mortal 2 is to be.
Well, if you have actually played the game then as well as recently then you would know its no where near as buggy as it was in the beginning, and no, in the very beginning it sucked balls.

I noticed no "magical" politics in the beginning, same old same old, its just your rose colored glasses blinding you, try describing one of these unicorn kisses politics that happen that isn't like everything else, you will find you can't

There is no MO2

Thread starter #15

Trystram

Again, there is no MO2

In 2 to 3 years MO might get a engine upgrade from UE3.5 to UE4
Could have sworn there was a post on the top of the forum about them developing a new game. I must be insane.

Again, there is no MO2

In 2 to 3 years MO might get a engine upgrade from UE3.5 to UE4
yGrZLlA.png

damn someone should let this henrik guy know then

Speznat

hopefully they make the old files and the old mortal online 1 than free, i would like to make my own server jsut for me to get nostaltig and stuff, would be awesome to see the game you played 10years witht other eyes. would be very cool.

like flying around and seeing every location extaclty, you know would be interresting, and cheating oghmium on your locla server and try to fight kimuru alone xD jus tfor the fun.

hopefully MO2 come soon, i cant wait.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member

Now my only question here is why does all players that where not good back then say this ?
Gameplay and bugs is not the same thing, bugs can easily be fixed but great gameplay and combat is as we all have witnessed alot harder to gain back once ruined.

Community was better, combat was better, skill ceiling was higher, farming was better, the game was an actual game and not a second job, keeps and TC was better yet limited in what you could build inside and the games feeling was way better but corruption was worse though, tech and bugs was worse but thats it.

The game had a fun and solid gameplay base, but lacked tools and content. Sadly they ruined the fun and the gameplay part, brought all the wrong tools and few of the good ones and well content is still sorely lacking. And AI is still crazy shit.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Some nostalgia:

Now some combat small scale fights old vs new, notice how fast fights in full cronite was back then vs worse gear closer to these days.

I miss the fast paced old combat so much its not even funny...