Outward? MO like game?

Thread starter #1
Hey everyone,

I never post on MO forums, just lurk, but I've played MO on and off since 2013, It's an addiction of mine that i cant go back to anymore due to current population of the game, and not enough time to play. So, I always lurk in the other games section in hopes to find a game similar to MO, and one game that seems similar to MO is Outward, check it out! Shared similarities Full loot dropped on death, heat and cold survival aspects, hunger and thirst requirements, no player marker on map, no fast travel. And that's all that I know for now, just purchased the game, can't wait to get into it, let me know what you guys think!

EDIT - This is a single player / 2 player co-op game. Not an MMO

Check out my review for this game so far(if you want to know some more info on the game). I will be updating this review as I play the game.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041703735/recommended/794260

Last edited:

Teknique

Hey everyone,

I never post on MO forums, just lurk, but I've played MO on and off since 2013, It's an addiction of mine that i cant go back to anymore due to current population of the game, and not enough time to play. So, I always lurk in the other games section in hopes to find a game similar to MO, and one game that seems similar to MO is Outward, check it out! Shared similarities Full loot dropped on death, heat and cold survival aspects, hunger and thirst requirements, no player marker on map, no fast travel. And that's all that I know for now, just purchased the game, can't wait to get into it, let me know what you guys think!
Single player game yeah?

Sinraw

its really fun, some of the quests leave something to be desired. and towns/npc's need a little more fleshing out. If this game gets a strong modding scene all of those can be easily fixed though.

Thread starter #5
its really fun, some of the quests leave something to be desired. and towns/npc's need a little more fleshing out. If this game gets a strong modding scene all of those can be easily fixed though.
I 100% agree about the town's needing fleshing out.. I wish you could enter in all of the homes and fuck around.. and I'd like to see the NPC vendors actually go inside at night. Do they go inside? I was up really late in the starting town and they we're all still up selling shit.

Fizzdar

UE4 combat systems suck

I gotta have directional blocking

Teknique

Sinraw

If your looking for clean combat you wont find it in outward. But i think that was an intentional design decision. Remember your human, your not some martial arts / swordsman master. Your attacks are slow, and don't hit hard. Thats just what i think

Teknique

If your looking for clean combat you wont find it in outward. But i think that was an intentional design decision. Remember your human, your not some martial arts / swordsman master. Your attacks are slow, and don't hit hard. Thats just what i think
I'll rebuy it if its on sale. I didn't like dark souls because of the roll and strike mechanics and this felt more or less the same

Single player and or coop =\= mortal Online like , but good catch my diddly dude